Trackable from inventory?

De Burgjes

The "inventory" is the list of trackables that you are currently holding, either your own or ones you have picked up at an event or from a cache.  To remove it from your inventory, drop it in another cache, or let someone "grab" it from you.  When you log a drop, or someone else logs a grab it, it will show in the cache inventory, or in the inventory of the person who grabbed it from you.

Your list of owned trackables is all the trackables you have activated - they may be out in the world, traveling, or ones you keep with you to track your mileage and cache visits, or to be discovered by others.

What are you trying to do?

If you have your trackable  as 'collectible', it's my understanding that it can still be 'discovered' but no other option. This is what I want to do with my trackable on my vehicle after someone 'grabbed' it and 'placed it' into a cache (lol). And not a newbie either :mad:

My question is if a trackable is 'collectible', can it still be 'dipped' and accumulate mileage? I want to be able to log miles on my truck for geocaching adventures but before I change any of my trackables to 'collectible' status I want to see how visiting is affected. TIA

1 hour ago, Ahern Clan said:

If you have your trackable  as 'collectible', it's my understanding that it can still be 'discovered' but no other option. This is what I want to do with my trackable on my vehicle after someone 'grabbed' it and 'placed it' into a cache (lol). And not a newbie either :mad:

My question is if a trackable is 'collectible', can it still be 'dipped' and accumulate mileage? I want to be able to log miles on my truck for geocaching adventures but before I change any of my trackables to 'collectible' status I want to see how visiting is affected. TIA

Setting a Trackable Collectible is merely the first step to placing it into a Collection.  It doesn't affect any other log functions.  Placing a Trackable into a Collection removes it from play.  The only logs then available are "Discover" and "Note".

It's probably simpler to not mess with "Collectible" at all.  Keep all options available, and if someone "Grabs" it or whatever, just Grab it back and move on.

• Upvote 1

Off-topic from the OP's post, but we agree with kunarion.   All our "collectible" coins have been placed into our collection afterwards.

But for trackables in play, we feel it's simpler to just leave the default that Geocaching HQ uses, "This is not collectible."

It takes less than a minute to Grab your trackable back from a jokester... 

• Helpful 2