Okinawa?

OlyHippy

You probably already came and went from here but there are some spots here in Oki. My wife and I found three of the five we looked for. One we did not find because the gate to cross the dam was closed and the other because it rained quite a bit. Dropped off a TB in Silent Company if you are intrested in getting it and taking it off the island.

GilderVoigts

See you on the trail,

GILDERVOIGTS

Okinawa is just starting up pretty good. There are some good locations as you say, but not many caches. I have put in 3 myself and am going to put in another pretty soon. Typhoons make it for putting in good locations that won't be blown away. I have one I have to pull in prior, and replace after a typhoon comes in. There is only 1 micro that I know of and nobody has yet found/logged. There are some TBs that should be taken off the island before long as they have been here awhile with no movement.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and can add to the excitement!

Erawan

Erawan,

I wish I was in Oki right now. There are only three caches near Iwakuni and one of them I placed. I think that if I was in Oki we could get something going. Not sure why this is so slow taking off in Japan. Everyone I see has a GPS in their car. I have your TB and will be going to Hawaii the 12th through 19th. Plan to find a lot of caches then. If you want I will take your traveled farthest TB to Minnesota in Aug but it is up to you. LMK if you want to wait a month or you want me to drop it in Hawaii.

See you on the trail,

GILDERVOIGTS

The HABU snake really isn't a problem as it is a nocturnal beast. I did a 'site survey' the other day and saw a dead one on the side of the road. All the caches I have gone to here are very safe. They are either around built up areas, or are in such a place you wouldn't have the chance of getting bit.

The only other thing is the Banana Spider...but you can see them most the time and they just hurt if you get bit. I havn't been bit yet!

As for my TB...Glad you got it. It really doesn't matter where it goes. Make yourself happy with putting it somewhere. Not many bugs here, and when they are they tend to stay awhile!

Erawan

This is "cricket" (wife of squrl)...so, we tried to find High Water but couldn't. By the way, we crawled around thru the bush for awhile and am ready to take my husband's machete back to the site! The only thing we found were two baseballs. Since it was a micro cache do you think it could have been washed away by the rain? Only one person has found it and it's been awhile. How often do you need to check your cache once you plant it??? And one last note...squrl thinks micro cache is a geo-joke to get you to tromp around the jungle looking for something that isn't there! ha.ha...