"Your lists" link broken in (new) dashboard

Fobrokel

23 minutes ago, HHL said:

Do a Right-click instead.

Click and open in a new tab is a right click - not working. Groundspeak should replace the wrong https://www.geocaching.com/account/dashboard# link but it seems that removing an obvious bug is not straightforward for them.

I may be wrong but things should be easier in the "Bug reports and feature discussions > Website" forum, shouldn't they?

Edited by Fobrokel
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
21 hours ago, 2Abendsegler said:

That doesn't seem to be an urgent problem to me and there is also a workaround. Perhaps all developers and testers are concerned with more important issues. 😉

Requests from Premium Members (=paying customers) should always be considered high priority, and urgency is a subjective category. I do blame Groundspeak for poor customer service.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 2
15 hours ago, Fobrokel said:

Requests from Premium Members (=paying customers) should always be considered high priority, and urgency is a subjective category. I do blame Groundspeak for poor customer service.

I can see that you're unfamiliar with the business of software companies. Of course, not all requests from premium members can be treated with high priority. This is obvious, if only because the company only has a certain amount of capacity. Problems that make working in parts very difficult, for example, are treated with high priority. That is not the case here. This is a little problem you can easily bypass.

With 30 coins, you can't expect Groundspeak to jump out immediately with this small things. If you want more, you should be prepared to spend a little more money.

Maybe Groundspeak offers a different membership with faster response and resolution times for you. 🤭

I don't think that Groundspeak offers poor customer service, in this case. 😊

Edited by 2Abendsegler
  • Upvote 5
  • Surprised 2
  • Helpful 1

To note - the link works as the developers intended it to - that is, by normal click. HQ developers seem to tend to want to intercept standard HTML and browser functionality for their own. They intercepted the left-click to continue on to the intended destination manually. To do that a common convention is to make the HREF="#" and programmatically change the browser location. Of course, that breaks any other browser functionality that relies on a legitimate href value, like the right click context menu, or middle click. The issue has been noted in other updates.

To be fair, it's really just a desktop function, and if dev mentality is mobile/touch interface, they may not consider that.

12 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

To note - the link works as the developers intended it to - that is, by normal click. HQ developers seem to tend to want to intercept standard HTML and browser functionality for their own. They intercepted the left-click to continue on to the intended destination manually. To do that a common convention is to make the HREF="#" and programmatically change the browser location. Of course, that breaks any other browser functionality that relies on a legitimate href value, like the right click context menu, or middle click. The issue has been noted in other updates.

To be fair, it's really just a desktop function, and if dev mentality is mobile/touch interface, they may not consider that.

This forum really needs a "Sad" response. :sad: