Santa Maria

Team CBX2

Wish this was happier times. But coming from Chandler AZ to Santa Maria to see our (Dad/father in law) who is very ill. Will be doing I10 and such up to Santa Maria this week.

Hope to catch a cache on the way back to break the stress. Any suggestions on caches along the way??? Only have a limited time so easy ones would be the best.

Thank to our Geocache family.

If so I assume you'll be taking the 101 and/or Pacific Coast Hwy north from LA.

We've got an unvisited cache between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria called The Outer Limits. Just take Hwy 1 (PCH) from Lompoc and then the Jalama road to the coast. It's about a 3.5 mile hike with almost no elevation gain and some wonderful scenery.

If you're looking for a drive-by we left a travel bug that wants to go east in the Nojoqui Falls Park cache which is just north of Gaviota on the 101.

Hope you have a good trip.

I was up in the Santa Barbara area last week. A fun little cache to do in a beautiful area is "Nojoqui Falls Park". This cache is in a beautiful little park off of 101 just south of Buellton. If you want to you can keep going down the highway and end up in the town of Solvang or even better Santa Ynez. The cache itself is just a few hundred feet from parking, but if you wanted to stretch your legs there is a short hike up to a beautiful waterfall area. (A little dry right now due to drought) But the waterfall is covered in moss and the walk is full of ferns and moss. Stay on the path because there is poison oak off trail. Hope this makes your trip a little less stressful.