River City Geocaching Society???

GeoSharks

Alan ...

The River City GeoCaching Society is the name that an informal group of us gave ourselves on our field trip to Lodi today. There are some that contend that Sacramento cachers are reluctant to leave our city park and peaceful cemetery evironment and travel south of Elk Grove, and we wanted to prove by example that we can expand our horizions. And with a new image for Sacramento caching came a new name. Now we just have to live up to it.

I think we may have stumbled on a whole new way of Geocaching.

Get together with a bunch of your friends (in this case 9 total) go out of town and check out the dining establishments in other areas.... oh yeah and find a bunch of geocaches too icon_smile.gif As a group we learned a few things about some individual gps units that we didn't know and learning as we go some mapping software. Only a few u-turns and backtracking but no real problems, ... wink wink nudge nudge icon_wink.gif

Watch out your town may be next!

Jeo

quote:
Originally posted by Jeo:

There's always room for more!

For future planning and meeting points what is your 1020 (general location)? I look forward to meeting you.

Jeo

Thanks Jeo,

My 1020 is near Elk Grove. MikieP contacted me and now has my email information. I look forward to a future outing with the group.

Alan

Attn: Sacramento area GeoCachers

The River City GeoCaching (and dining) Society will be holding an informal gathering in Rocklin on Saturday, December 14, for the purpose of visiting a well lit and decorated neighborhood and consumibg pizza and malt based adult beverages. Interested parties should contact Rocklin Doc via the e-mail feature on the web page.

Boy did look at the wrong calander!!! icon_confused.gif Mrs putt informed me that it was the November page I was looking at.... Geezze and I was looking forward to those dates, (curses Red Baron). I will look foreward to another opportunity in the future. icon_razz.gif Thanks for including me in the invitations.. a sad Putt icon_frown.gif

To facilitate communication between members of the RCGS, a mailing list has been set up.

You can subscribe to the mailing list by sending a message with the word "subscribe" (without quotes) in the subject line, to the following email address:

rcgs-list-request@ut80.net

You will receive an email confirmation message in reply.

After joining the list, messages sent the mailing list address: rcgs-list@ut80.net will automatically be forwarded to the other subscribed RCGS members. Please note that this address is different from the subscription mail address. Messages sent to the subscription address will be lost.

You can unsubscribe from the mailing list by sending a message with the word "unsubscribe" (no quotes) in the subject line, to the following email address:

rcgs-list-request@ut80.net

Geeze I missed the Pizza & Lights and the Stockton Blitz.We have had more overnight family guests this year than any of the past many years. I think this is the first time that all my grandchildren and Greatgrandchildren have managed to visit the old homestead. So I passed on both of the events. But on the bright side, there will be more events. I wish all my Geocaching friends a very merry Xmas and a Happy New Year. Putt & Mrs Putt.... icon_rolleyes.gif

We had a good time at the pizza & lights, but couldn't make the group Stockton blitz. My son and I did go south to Lodi and Stockton on Saturday and found 7.

Looks like the group had a good time finding 11 out of 12. I look forward to joining them on the next run.

Have a merry Christmas and may God bless you and your families in the new year.

OK I'm ready for another trip, at least the pre-planning get together. Round table pizza worked out real well for the last planning session. I suggest another pizza place to our liking and a trip sometime at the end of January (after football icon_wink.gif ) or the beginning of Febuary.

BTW has anyone done any artwork yet?

Jeo

First off, pizza in late January sounds great! Keep me informed.

As to my question, Jeo, are you talking about artwork for a RCGS logo? I would be willing to take a crack at it.....any ideas about what you would realy like to see in a logo? Anyone?

"Could be worse...could be raining"

We've kinda just started thinking about the artwork, nothing is set yet. Here is your chance to get your artwork published and make lots of money... well maybe... icon_smile.gif

Personally I would like something that would work on a 2 inch button as well as a T-shirt.

The more ideas the better.

Jeo

Thanks to all you Sacto peoples for the abundance of caches! My husband and I invaded today and nabbed 15 in total.

Have a nice weekend.

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

I like the bridge idea icon_smile.gif

Maybe even an image of the tower bridge.

RE Atlantis

I wish I could take credit for that hiding spot but over a year ago Scuba Scooby Doo was there. Since it has been over a year I thought "hey why not?" we haven't had any real good controvercial caches lately. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

My apologies to the Sacto folk who might have taken offense to me labeling some of the caches up in your area as "easy."

If you cache in the Modesto area, there is a big difference in the cache hiding styles. Rarely do you find a cache down here that is totally in the open and not concealed at all. To me, that constitutes a label of "easy." I know there are many caches in Sacramento that are quite difficult, but those were not in our mapped out plans for our last visit. I was trying to reach a goal of 300 finds before 01/06, so we only chose low rating caches.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone!

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

Okay..I just read the logs for Atlantis III, and my curiousity is definitely going crazy! I will actually be back up in Sacramento next Friday to attend a party..maybe I will leave a bit early and try to run by and see what all the hub-bub is about!

I don't think I will take McIrish's approach though..nude caching frightens me (and would most likely frighten others if anyone was around to witness me naked)! icon_eek.gif

I am glad to know I didn't offend. It's always difficult to judge tone, etc., on these dang forums!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

An informal gathering of the River City Geocaching (and Dining) Society will be held this Saturday, January 11, at 6:30 PM at Mountain Mike's Pizza, 7660 La Riviera Drive near Howe Avenue and Hwy 50.

Any and all Geocachers are welcome to join us - please let us know you are planning to attend. Rumors of a video presentation covering the assault on Atlanis III are unconfirmed at this time.

....hey I just got tipped to this forum by LuvOzzy and see that the Society is going in new directions...i.e. nudism when going for water caches.

Please be advised that I will be a willing participant in such events. Of course as the moderator of all that is done in *good clean fun* I will be required to be clothed. Another reason I need to wear clothes is that the 20 x 100 binoculars I will be using would chafe me if I wasn't wearing a shirt.

Don't the Pizza places have a dress code?

Sorry I can't be there but my significant other is making a *welcome home* dinner after my Christmas and after Christmas influenza attack, so will be going to that dinner instead.

I look forward to a picnic outing with all the Society in dry spring sometime. icon_smile.gif

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.