Change to waymark title?

Max and 99

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

It seems that very recently my waymark approval notices show the title of the waymark in bold. So maybe it's just something weird happening or it's evidence that someone is actually working on the site? Just curious if anyone else has noticed this difference lately.

For me too, the title appears in bold

According to the mails I got, the change in design started somewhere between November 7th and November 8th last year. At this time the Waymarking logo with the black background was replaced by the one with the white background. The word "Congratulation!" was added to the review mail (but I don't know if this is just a side effect of using a template). Also the lower address part of the mail changed (omitting the line with the nickname):

NewVsOld.thumb.jpg.035dd51316194ee0fcf33e709c623395.jpg

Between January 26th and January 27th  the approval mail changed the font of the waymarks title to bold. Unfortunatly the WM-Code is still WM{}.

NewVsOld-2.thumb.jpg.74688f86f24500fc7946630be2d181af.jpg

On 1/28/2022 at 7:35 AM, Max and 99 said:

... So maybe it's just something weird happening or it's evidence that someone is actually working on the site? ...

I'm a pessimist, so ask myself: Do they use the same mail sending mechanism/templates for Geocaching and Waymarking and have they maybe changed a template for Geocaching and what we see has nothing to do with the Waymarking website?

• Funny 1
4 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

I'm a pessimist, so ask myself: Do they use the same mail sending mechanism/templates for Geocaching and Waymarking and have they maybe changed a template for Geocaching and what we see has nothing to do with the Waymarking website?

Dont think so ... I get emails from both (Waymarking and geocaching) and the geocaching mail is not really similar to the Waymarking mail mentioned above:

GeocachingTemplate.jpg.714314ab498ce540591d594dadb2c425.jpg

Maybe the need for an update was caused by a GDPR issue ?

On 1/28/2022 at 6:31 AM, FamilieFrohne said:

According to the mails I got, the change in design started somewhere between November 7th and November 8th last year

What you've presented here, Eric, comes as complete news to me!

It's been many, many months since I've even opened a submission notice, as, pretty much out of habit more than duty,  I get to my review queue about 29 out of every 30 days that pass. When I get up each morning (if when I get up can even be called morning - let's instead call it late morning) I look at my emails and immediately delete all the submission notices. I never open any, just send them back into the void, from whence they came.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:35 AM, Benchmark Blasterz said:

I choose HOPE every time :) 

And now, Perky, you can also HOPE that the site comes back up after the February 17th maintenance down period.

Keith