Souvenir removal

BenM70

I recently went to write a note on a challenge I qualified for in another state (Victoria, Australia). I hadn’t cached in that state before and the write note option didn’t toggle and it was sent via a default Found option. Once I saw that I’d claimed a find I deleted the log and wrote the write note, which sorted that issue but i noticed the next time I opened the Geocaching app that I had earned a new souvenir for Victoria. Is there any way to remove these souvenirs if accidentally added like mine was? 

11 minutes ago, BenM70 said:

I recently went to write a note on a challenge I qualified for in another state (Victoria, Australia). I hadn’t cached in that state before and the write note option didn’t toggle and it was sent via a default Found option. Once I saw that I’d claimed a find I deleted the log and wrote the write note, which sorted that issue but i noticed the next time I opened the Geocaching app that I had earned a new souvenir for Victoria. Is there any way to remove these souvenirs if accidentally added like mine was? 

Previously you could ask HQ to remove it for you but it seems they don't do that anymore. I would think that when they get enough requests for this they would allow us the option to delete a souvenir! 

So far that is not a feature.

So there's nothing you can do except hide it. 

I too accidentally logged a found it when I meant to log a note. 

Edited by Max and 99
21 hours ago, BenM70 said:

21 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Previously you could ask HQ to remove it for you but it seems they don't do that anymore. I would think that when they get enough requests for this they would allow us the option to delete a souvenir! 

So far that is not a feature.

So there's nothing you can do except hide it. 

I too accidentally logged a found it when I meant to log a note. 

We still remove accidental souvenirs if you email us at contact@geocaching.com.

• Helpful 3