"Edit your geocaching statistics"

two bison

Why am I suddenly presented with an "Edit your geocaching statistics" window when I open my statistics from the "Dashboard?" This has not been happening before. I did not click on anything where I might be asking to do this and it is tedious to have to scroll down past this every time. I made not changes in the boxes chosen and clicked "Save Changes" in hopes that it would then go away. No such luck. This window does not appear if I go to the Statistics page from my Profile page. This is what it looks like:

image.png.d5f8b1e89b6cfdcacf3af993cec70cce.png

• Upvote 1

Looks (to me) to just be a replacement for the old edits.  You could remove areas of your stats from public view for years now.  

We leave ours as-is, after numerous people asking about their cache total errors found they hit caches (and even their own hidesmultiple times, and now that we all knew about it, removed their stats from view.   :)

I don't see how scrolling past this small box is any worse than scrolling through the entire length of stats.

"Yearly breakdown" grows longer each year...

1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

Looks (to me) to just be a replacement for the old edits.  You could remove areas of your stats from public view for years now.  

Yes, but that was always a layer down below a "Settings" button or link. Why make it front and centre and taking up most of the screen at the top of the page? Are we next going to be having our language, time zone, distance units, date format and GPX version settings filling up the top of every cache page?

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
2 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

I don't see how scrolling past this small box is any worse than scrolling through the entire length of stats.

"Yearly breakdown" grows longer each year...

Because, if I ever wanted to change these I'd happily follow a link to do that. Meanwhile, I don't want to scroll past them while I looking at actual stats whatever they might be. You present a good idea though. While they are removing the tedious editing page they could also code in compression/expansion of the yearly breakdown.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 2
13 minutes ago, worrellsquirrel said:

Hello! We rolled out a hot-fix that made the window collapsable - it is also collapsed by default. Hopefully it is less of an annoyance for those who don't wish to edit their settings now. Thanks for providing feedback on this feature.

That's a bit better but it's still taking up an awful lot of prime screen space:

image.png.29b25b1551aeb0a8b405f227195b5a5a.png

Maybe I'm an oddball cacher, but honestly I've never felt any desire to alter which of my statistics appear on my profile and I can't imagine anyone wanting to change it so often that it needs to be the most prominent thing on the Statistics page. I would have thought the logical place for these settings would have been in with all the other site settings like language, date format, distance units, etc.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it really doesn't need a large bold button inside an even larger standout section at the top of the page when the first thing you expect to see on the Statistics page are statistics... Very odd for UI design, to say the least. A bold button is fine, but could it be relegated to the top right of the statistics panel, or a link in the pre-text... 

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2