Mammoth Lakes, California

Snoogans

Hi,

Any full/time part time residents/visitors to the greatest little town in the state want to get together for an event cache near mid July?

I was thinking of a short meeting (maybe 1 or 2 hours) at Minaret Vista for a travel bug trade. I can offer 2 for one unless more than 10 people show up. I need coords to the parking lot at the vista for the event cache page as my sister, MtnFrog, has not gotten her GPS yet. (If you're local that handle (MtnFrog) just rang a bell, but where did you see it? icon_wink.gif)

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

we're planning on going to Mammoth in early August to do some mountain biking. Hurry up and hide a bunch of caches so we co do something after the bike rides.

george

Wanna go for a ride?

I just emailed a person that I think might be an approver for that area. My fingers are crossed.

I hope you're fit. I will be hiding several in 5 star terrain. I will be doing it on a dirt bike as I am not exactly buff. To mountain bike them you will need a healthy supply of power bars and a forest service trail map. I'm placing 2 caches near the top of Hardcore at almost 10K up and at least one at the top of Laurel over 11K. Also, Little Antelope Valley, Crestview, Lower Falls, and a few easy ones closer to town behind the Shady Rest. I will be leaving several log only micros as well with a code to a final bonus cache. I'm doing this as a challenge to dedicated geocachers. Only a local (I.E. My family and friends) will have the time to get all of them without going on a heroic cache marathon. Anyone who takes up the challenge will see the area as only a local could show them. Are you up for it? I don't expect much action on my bonus cache and it will be well stocked. Good Luck!

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....