Las Vegas

C-Troop

quote:
Originally posted by C-Troop:

Can anyone tell me if there are any caches in Vegas that are close to the strip? I am doing a vegas trip next week and would like to hit a few, but I would prefer that they be close to the strip since Im not sure if we are doing the rental car thing.

Thanks

C-Troop

We just got back from Vegas and had a great time geocaching. I would suggest doing the rental car thing and heading out to Red Rock Canyon. There are about a half dozen caches out there that are easy to drive/hike to with a passenger car. The scenery out there is amazing as well.

Scott

Thanks CreagerStone Family and Team My Blue Heaven! This is the info I was looking for, Without any decent caches near the strip I may just have to take a day and do the rental thing, I do have a list of some caches that would be a lot of fun.

Thanks again!

BTW...COOL FJ-40!!

[This message was edited by C-Troop on November 13, 2002 at 05:05 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by CreagerStone Family:

If you use Dollar.com, use the coupon code DESTC and you'll save about 50%.

Helpful info, thanks. But here's a word of caution; today I tried the dollar.com link w/ the supplied code and got an $80 rate. Then for grins I ran the same rental w/o the code and got a $71 rate!?

Try both ways before you commit--I just saved $9 for the slots!! (or gas icon_razz.gif)

Don't ask me. I'm not from around here...

Here I sit, waiting for my flight to Phoenix.

I'm bored, killing time reading old geocaching forum items.

I have an extra Hard Rock $5 chip.

Vegas Airport, Gate C1, bank of payphones....last phone nearest corner, $5 chip hidden under phone.

Have fun. Reply if you score.

Tradboy

LOL....everyone I know has come in through the D gates. But I tried about 4 times to have someone nab it.

Now that it is gone the next person I know that flies into Vegas will be at the C Gates....how much you wanna bet?

*With my GPS in hand, and upon my trusty steed (er, truck) I scout the land in search of the mystical Geocache!*