Collection of Travel Bug Pictures

paticpatic

My favorite part of geocaching is sending out travel bugs. Yes, I know many go missing, but still love when they travel. I've sent of 272 since 2015. Many people take awesome pictures from around the world. I know I can view the pictures I post in my Profile Gallery. Is there way to view all the pictures people post for my Travel Bugs? I want to go through all the pictures and make a collection of my favorites. I know I could go through each travel bug one at a time, but that would take a long time for all 272.

Seconded, this would be a brilliant option. At a minimum, I think that when people pick up / place TB's in/out of caches and add a photo, those photos should get added to the TB's gallery. It's a crying shame how many photos don't get seen by TB owners because well meaning players add photos to Find logs but they don't know photos need to be added separately to TB's so they show up in the TB gallery.

• Helpful 1
On 1/19/2022 at 3:35 AM, paticpatic said:

Is there way to view all the pictures people post for my Travel Bugs? I want to go through all the pictures and make a collection of my favorites. I know I could go through each travel bug one at a time, but that would take a long time for all 272.

I don't know of any other way besdies viewing each of the trackables in turn.  That assumes folks post on the travel bug page, not just in the found log of the cache they retrieved it from.  It may take some time, yes, but I think that is the only way.

I've been amazed at times when I receive a retrieved or dropped log on one of my travel bugs, and check the page to see photos galore at various Visit logs.  Since TB Owners don't get "visit" or "took it to" notifications I had no idea there were photos to review.  And I do the same - post photos on my Visit logs when I visit caches with TB's I am carrying with me.....

• Helpful 1
On 1/19/2022 at 9:18 PM, Darwin473 said:

Seconded, this would be a brilliant option.

Thirded!

And I also had the nasty experience that people made visit logs and were posting photos of my trackable only together with the logs at the cache but not on the TB site. But this is just another symptom of a IMHO basically broken handling of trackables anyway :mad:

But I'm still happy finding a TB and moving it along.

• Helpful 1

I used to ask for photos in my trackable mission statement, and the geocaching public responded.  Some of the images were really interesting, and like you, I wanted to share them.  So, I started a blog (here).  As an incentive, I went so far as to include the link to the blog in the mission statement, to illustrate how photos would be displayed.

Eventually though, as I released more trackables, the images started arriving faster and faster.  Sorting, editing and uploading became drudgery...it was the tail wagging the dog, so I quit. 

Edited by shellbadger
  • Upvote 1