Overlays

peem

It's been a while since I used an overlay and my mind has gone completely blank. I have been doing a jigsaw cache and in the description it  says, solve this jigsaw and use the overlay here to locate the final co-ords. So when I clicked on the word jigsaw it opened up in another window and I completed the jigsaw. Then I went back to the cache page and clicked on  the word 'here' in the phrase 'use the overlay here' and it opens up in another window with the overlay but I can't see how to put the two together.

I know I'm missing something simple but I can't remember how to do it. What am I doing wrong?

To me it sounds like there are 2 pictures that need to placed on top of each other. And the overlay will then show numbers or something on the picture underneath.

Using an image editor, like gimp, and layers is one way you can use. Change the transparency on the layers to see both at the same time.

• Helpful 1