Jump to content

SF Bay Area geocachers


Followers 38

Recommended Posts

Fizzy, how can ya miss with a new cache in your back yard. Way to go I did not even get on my puter till this evening. I have been working on my next cache placement all day. The name of it will be Stars & Stripes. Little Lila and I are placing it tomorrow morning, I hope.

 

Pepper

 

Horizontals where it's at!

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

 

Fizzy, how can ya miss with a new cache in your back yard. Way to go I did not even get on my puter till this evening.


 

Wouldn't have done it so fast were it not a Barbie cache. We left the doll in the cache for your girls, though!

 

Sounds to me like your new cache is going to have some serious camouflage going on!

 

[This message was edited by fizzymagic on June 23, 2002 at 10:37 PM.]

Link to comment

I was in the neighborhood this afternoon going for the Chili Today... cache and when I got home I noticed the Barbie cache posted. I could have made it a two-fer. Congrats Fizzy on the FTF.

 

Pepper, looking forward to your new cache. Sounds like there is a lot of Blood, Sweat and Tears in it....hmm, sounds like a good name for a cache!

 

-Mark.

 

Will cache for food

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Hi all my new cache has been approved! Hope ya like it.

Pepper

 

Horizontals where it's at!


 

I have to attend some seminar tomorrow and I won't get off work until 3 and I can't go caching until after 4:30. If I was free tormorrow I would have hit it first thing. I know the area and I know how bad reception is.

 

Mike Morris and I just spent a big chunk of the day going for one cache. We had to float a couple miles down the Stanislaus River to get to it, and then float a couple miles out. It was hot and the water felt good. But it took hours to do.

 

I'm half tempted to go for Peppers cache now but I'm worn out.

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

 

[This message was edited by georgeandmary on June 25, 2002 at 09:20 PM.]

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

quote:
Hi all my new cache has been approved! Hope ya like it.


 

I went out to Modesto early this morning to get me close to my 100th cache. I stopped at 99 so I can officially make your new one my 100th.

 

icon_biggrin.gif


 

Don't you people work??? icon_wink.gif I've been doing this for almost a year now and everyone's passing me up.

 

Will cache for food

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

quote:
Hi all my new cache has been approved! Hope ya like it.


 

I went out to Modesto early this morning to get me close to my 100th cache. I stopped at 99 so I can officially make your new one my 100th.

 

icon_biggrin.gif


 

Don't you people work??? icon_wink.gif I've been doing this for almost a year now and everyone's passing me up.

 

Will cache for food

Link to comment

Well I had a good run while the children were in school, but my caching has all but come to a stand still. How sad is that DARN kids, gotta love um. July 19th is my DAY I will begin heavy caching again and I can hardly wait. Gosh it will be really HOT by then, oh well got AC in the car for between caches.

 

Pepper

 

Horizontals where it's at!

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

 

Fizzy has already figured out the correct coordinates, all he has to do is go get it.


 

Unfortunately, Fizzy has to go see the dentist this morning, so he can't go get it! Yuck.

 

Hey, Pepper, here's a FTF chance! Just a little more math! icon_eek.gif

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

 

Fizzy has already figured out the correct coordinates, all he has to do is go get it.


 

Unfortunately, Fizzy has to go see the dentist this morning, so he can't go get it! Yuck.

 

Hey, Pepper, here's a FTF chance! Just a little more math! icon_eek.gif

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Vic:

Yep, they were there. I forget who had them...Team Dralasites I think...

 

Will cache for food


 

GeoCrickets brought some squares down to the Dinner. They were passed around and I think they all got signed.

 

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

I just posted a new cache, called "IQ Test." True to its name, it is a puzzle-and-math based cache.

 

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=27121

 

I was inspired by George's recent Black Box. On the drive back from finding that one, I had this idea. Let me know what you think. I can't tell if it is really easy or really hard. I'm pretty sure it's one or the other!

 

There's not a very big queue right now; it might get approved by tomorrow morning!

 

[This message was edited by fizzymagic on June 28, 2002 at 10:29 PM.]

Link to comment

I don't konw what to say. I did not expect to be FTF with the amount of headstart these folk had. I slept in, took my time solving it, and then waited an hour for the wife and kids to get ready, and then drove another hour to get to the cache. So I didn't get it until after NOON.

 

Then again.. I couldn't find Stars and Stripes... I really need to read some of these log pages before I get there. Pepper had pictures and I never knew. I was in the area, with the downed trees, but I couldn't get an acuracy any petter than 140 ft.

 

I need to go back with a chainsaw.

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

Okay, we hid the picnic cache today (the cache containing all those items collected during the picnic):

 

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=27228

(may not be approved yet)

 

We hope you like it... we may change the cache's location or rating based on people's suggestions after the cache has been visited a few times. Let us know what you think!

 

Oh yeah, and in our eagerness to get out there today, we forgot to bring a copy of the geocaching instructions page. It would be great if one of the first visitors could put one in there for us. Thanks.

 

Good luck!

Colleen

 

Dralasites: biological, not geological.

Link to comment

Hi ya'll just got back from a four day camping trip to Don Pedro and I must say Ron and LuvOzzy gave me a run for my money. This past weekend was sooo bad as far as even finding caches, let alone getting to them. Way to many no finds. Leaving again tomorrow for Cloudcroft MN for 8 days. Happy 4th of July all, talk with ya when I get back.

Pepper

 

Horizontals where it's at!

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Hi ya'll just got back from a four day camping trip to Don Pedro and I must say Ron and LuvOzzy gave me a run for my money. This past weekend was sooo bad as far as even finding caches, let alone getting to them. Way to many no finds. Leaving again tomorrow for Cloudcroft MN for 8 days. Happy 4th of July all, talk with ya when I get back.

Pepper

 

Horizontals where it's at!


 

We can get a little evil over here. Nuff said.

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

georgeandmary got FTF on my new cache, despite its location in the Tri-Valley area. And he talks smack about Bay Area geocachers in his log! You guys gonna let those Central Valley types get away with that? icon_razz.gif


 

Yep. Didn't have a chance to work on it. Was backpacking this weekend. I'll work on it this week if time allows. (Going Camping 4th of July)

 

Will cache for food

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

georgeandmary got FTF on my new cache, despite its location in the Tri-Valley area. And he talks smack about Bay Area geocachers in his log! You guys gonna let those Central Valley types get away with that? icon_razz.gif


 

Yep. Didn't have a chance to work on it. Was backpacking this weekend. I'll work on it this week if time allows. (Going Camping 4th of July)

 

Will cache for food

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

georgeandmary got FTF on my new cache, despite its location in the Tri-Valley area. And he talks smack about Bay Area geocachers in his log! You guys gonna let those Central Valley types get away with that? icon_razz.gif


 

Got FTF on this one too....

 

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=27228

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

georgeandmary got FTF on my new cache, despite its location in the Tri-Valley area. And he talks smack about Bay Area geocachers in his log! You guys gonna let those Central Valley types get away with that? icon_razz.gif


 

Got FTF on this one too....

 

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=27228

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

 

It might be a litte far for most of the bay folk, but here it is anyway.


 

It's not up yet, but I think you should have put it right near the Home Town cache! icon_wink.gif


 

Wasn't that one easy. It's been 12 years since I've driven up that canyon road, and I'd never been to that park. I thought about going deep into the park but I don't think it's a place for hiking. If I had quad or something similar, I'd definately place one deeper in.

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

 

It might be a litte far for most of the bay folk, but here it is anyway.


 

It's not up yet, but I think you should have put it right near the Home Town cache! icon_wink.gif


 

Wasn't that one easy. It's been 12 years since I've driven up that canyon road, and I'd never been to that park. I thought about going deep into the park but I don't think it's a place for hiking. If I had quad or something similar, I'd definately place one deeper in.

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

 

It might be a litte far for most of the bay folk, but here it is anyway.


 

It's not up yet, but I think you should have put it right near the Home Town cache! icon_wink.gif


 

I think it might be a record, but it's been found already.

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

 

It might be a litte far for most of the bay folk, but here it is anyway.


 

It's not up yet, but I think you should have put it right near the Home Town cache! icon_wink.gif


 

I think it might be a record, but it's been found already.

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

 

I think it might be a record, but it's been found already.


 

You should recall that I got the Fathers' Day cache less than 1 hour after it was approved. How long did it take Mike?


 

I'm talking about from the time it was submitted to the time it was found, probablly less than 3 hours.

 

That's what surprised me, the approval time.

 

Right now I'm waiting for Tomaski's caches to get approved. I might have to do some night caching. One is a one time, and the other is a cache that holds the cords to the one time. He submitted the second one first.

 

See Central Valley Forum

 

george

 

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Followers 38
×
×
  • Create New...