SF Bay Area geocachers

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Does it say it has to be a woman. I'm not shy.

quote:
From Kablooey's cache page:

You must be single and female to log this cache.

Sorry George, you don't meet the cache's requirements.

quote:
From the cache's hint:

Ab qbtf nyybjrq.

Sorry marwagsalot and britdog, no FTF for you either! icon_razz.gif

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Joani and I were on a roll this last week and we came up with a new goal. We want to try to get 50 finds to show up on our "My Cache Page". That means you have to find 50 in the last 10 days. We are sitting at 46 so we need 4 more. 13 of those will drop off the list on the 19th. I went out this morning without Joani because she wasn't feeling well, and I found 3 (one of them being George and Mary's Just needs a pyramid cache, thanks!). When I came back to log them, a new one (GCA8F6) popped up 3.1 miles away from home. It was in an open space preserve that we didn't even know about so Joani put on her hiking boots and joined me even though she wasn't feeling the greatest. She didn't want to miss out on seeing what the preserve was like. The trail offered some great views of the valley. I'm always amazed at these places that we find out about by geocaching that are so close to home. I just never realized there were so many.

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

I did this one late at night last night. This has got to be the best cache of its type that I have ever seen. It works at so many different levels, all at the same time. Highly recommended!

I can't seem to find this cache by "Double Agent", what's the waypoint ID?

Never mind, I found it.

--Marky

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

Joani and I were on a roll this last week and we came up with a new goal. We want to try to get 50 finds to show up on our "My Cache Page".

--Marky

Go for it Marky, I've got 44 on my page today, maybe I'll go find another 6 today to join you.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:

Go for it Marky, I've got 44 on my page today, maybe I'll go find another 6 today to join you.

We needed 3 this morning and ended up with 7, so our my page has 54 now (and none will drop off tomorrow, but I don't think we're going to do more than one or two tomorrow).

We were kind of handicapped today, when after cache #4, I slammed the rear door on my GPSr cracking it's screen and rendering it all but useless. We prompt drove to the Costco by the Cal Expo area of Sacramento and bought a Sporttrak Pro package for $289.99 (plus a $50 rebate). This is a pretty great deal. I had already wanted to get the MapSend streets CD, so that made this purchase all the sweeter. The tough thing about the remainder of the day was that we were stuck with just the base map and had no additional physical maps of the area. I think we did pretty well considering. [icon_wink.gif]. Now I have to figure out how to get my Plat fixed. Maybe I can talk them into fixing it for free since it does have the blue spot problem when backlit.

--Marky

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

quote:

We needed 3 this morning and ended up with 7, so our my page has 54 now (and none will drop off tomorrow, but I don't think we're going to do more than one or two tomorrow).

We were kind of handicapped today, when after cache #4, I slammed the rear door on my GPSr cracking it's screen and rendering it all but useless. We prompt drove to the Costco by the Cal Expo area of Sacramento and bought a Sporttrak Pro package for $289.99 (plus a $50 rebate).

--Marky

Did you find any llamas?

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:

What did you think of Sacramento?

Did you find any llamas?

No, no llamas. Some kind of ivy creature scared the h*ll out of me on one of the caches though. I was searching for the cache, pushing ivy out of the way (ivy caches to me are like rock caches to Pepper) when I come across a big reptillian head. I couldn't tell if it was a lizard or a snake because all I saw was the head about 3 inches from my hand. All I know is that it was big, and wasn't there when I moved the ivy back again (this time with a big stick). The rest of the cache search was done with the big stick. I found the cache by stepping on it... icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Yep we were in the Valley today just a cachin' and a trashin', and fun as always. Today the team only consisted of myself and fizzymagic. We were only out for four hours, but that was enough for me to hit 300!

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

Congratulations on hitting 300 pepper. Way to go.

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

300! Way to go! Joani says we will be there by end of month. Talk about cacheaholics. We have 55 finds on our My Cache Page. That's an average of 5.5 finds per day for the past ten days. All I know is that it's a lot of fun. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Vic:

I'm heading out to Honolulu tomorrow on business.

If you have time, maybe you can bring a small slip of paper to add to my Waikiki micro (Life Is But a Dream). I think the last finder said the log sheet was full.

--

I'm off in my own little world. That's okay, people know me here.

That is Fantastic Pepper!

Amazing! Just just got 200! Now you are at 300!!!

I thought of You when I was in Hawaii, Almost Every Geocache that I found was in a 'Puku' in the Lava Rocks. Knowing that You Love Rocks! I kept saying to myself, Pepper would NOT like this one!

I found 10 Caches in Hawaii and 5 Travel Bugs. I am taking them to Texas this week for some more Travel Miles.

Run for the Joy of it!

Way to go Hotfoot, but darn you know I wanted to be with you when you hit it, oh well we will get together SOON! icon_smile.gif

Rundex, it looks as if I will not have the time to get out to the Valley again before you leave icon_frown.gif.

Oh well the Lone Stare TB will make it there soon enough. Enjoy your stay in Texas. Yea Haw! Gosh talking about Texas is making me home sick.

Pepper

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Way to go Hotfoot, but darn you know I wanted to be with you when you hit it, oh well we will get together SOON! icon_smile.gif

Rundex, it looks as if I will not have the time to get out to the Valley again before you leave icon_frown.gif.

Oh well the Lone Stare TB will make it there soon enough. Enjoy your stay in Texas. Yea Haw! Gosh talking about Texas is making me home sick.

What cache is the bug in Pepper? When does it need to be in your hands to get to TEXAS? Mike

Pepper

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

What cache is the bug in Pepper? When does it need to be in your hands to get to TEXAS? Mike

That's my kind of cacher! Mike, you rule!

Right now it looks like the TB is in Hensley Lake Retake, which is way out there.

Since Rundex is flyoug out on Thursday, it would have to be tomorrow sometime; if you can get it close to Livermore, I'll move it on to Pleasanton where Pepper can get it. Will that work, Pepper and Rundex?

I have the low end Meridian but I have the update that lets switch maps. I haven't done it yet since I don't have a card reader and I only have a 16 meg card. Does the basic unit alow for loading waypoint files too?

Tell me more. 500 waypoints just doesn't cut it.

george

39570_500.jpg

so cool for the offer (what a guy), I am seriously thinking about heading out that way this moring to nab it for Rundex. I have had such bad luck with this bug I would really like to get it on it's way in the right direction.

Rudex... if I make it down there this morning I will get with you this afternoon.

Pepper

no way am I gonna get my bug it is 135 miles from where I live. It can just sit there as far as I'm conserned and move at it's own pace. I do beleve I will just go to Pleasanton Ridge today which is only 4 miles from me and has two caches that I NEED to get.

Pepper

Joani and I are in the middle of completing this cache and highly recommend it to anyone that wants a little adventure and a lot of fun. This is a well thought out multi-cache with a neat twist (the detour legs have two options to choose from). I think you could complete it in one day if you start early enough. This adventure takes you near many San Jose caches, so if you take a pocket query file and waypoints for the area, you can bag a bunch of other caches during your journies.

--Marky

I was out early this morning snagging Magnet Mayhem when I spotted a cougar all hunkered down in the grass intently watching something. It was about a hundred feet from me and I didn't want it to get any closer but I couldn't get it to move by yelling, whistling or arm waving. icon_eek.gif It just glanced at me and went back hunting. Shortly, it leaped for the prey and missed and loped around a knoll and out of sight. I have only seen one other cougar and this is the first time I have seen one leap. They can really move! All this about 75 feet from the back fences of an urban development.

Okay, so I'm in Hawaii for business this week (yea, I know, tough job) and after work I go geocaching to a cache with several Travel bugs in it. By the time I find it, it's dark outside so I reach around and finally feel the familiar shape of a travel bug attached to some sort of medalian. I put it in my pocket and when I get to the car I check it out. It's a soccer medalian from my home town of San Ramon. Small world! -Aloha! Mark.

Elvis is dead. Get over it.

I had to work for the Tour. When we found the final coordinates we headed off toward the prize and the area was crowded by muggles. We decided to go eat and then come back.

We had a nice dinner at Brunos and then with a full belly I headed toward the final stage of the tour. Since it was dark, and the kids had homework to do I peeked at the clue. This will be easy I thought. Well it took a while, I finally found it. It was very well done. Good job Hottie.

george

39570_500.jpg

I have to give the Livermore/Pleasanton cachers their "props" for placing some challenging and creative caches. They are difficult in the fact that you have to stop and think about it. Once the location is identified you go there and find the cache. You have inspired me to try to create a special cache in your honor.

Mary icon_smile.gif

39570_500.jpg