SF Bay Area geocachers

Max,

I love Ardenwood and have also been there many times. With the amount of foot trafic and all of the gardeners keeping the place looking nice it is not really a place I would put a physical cache. It is however, a perfect place for a virtual cache. Come up with a list of questions that cachers would have to answer before they post. Also, make sure you indicate on the web page what the cost is to get in. My inlaws live nearby and will make it a point to "find" you cache once it's posted.

-Mark.

Will cache for food

I'm wondering if the caches are still in place or if he has removed them and plans on placing them in new spots. This would be nice to know, because if they are still in place I would have something to judge by to place mine. If he has removed them, and plans on placing them in the future does that mean I have to wait on him to place his caches again? I really don't like the idea of that to much. So, any way to find out what's up with his caches they have been inactive for some time if I'm not mistaken.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

Yep! I saw your cache post this morning and gave him a call. I got him into Geocaching a few months ago. He lives in Sonora and is totally into gold panning and prospecting...and now geocaching. Fool's Gold is the perfect cache for him.

I'm going to help him place his first cache within the next couple of weeks at a place that would qualify for your Natural Arches Cache...stay tuned.

I'm looking forward to checking out Fools Gold as well.

-Mark.

Will cache for food

[This message was edited by Mr. Vic on September 02, 2002 at 08:00 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

I'm wondering if the caches are still in place or if he has removed them and plans on placing them in new spots.

As far as I know, they are still there. I think he just inactivated them to keep the hordes off, which is quite responsible. I'm going to try to talk him into re-activating Shaken, Not Stirred and Bluebird's Delight where they are, as I think both spots are pretty immune to environmental damage, but I have a feeling that he'll move Joaquin's Stash, even though it is the best-hidden of them all.

He mentioned something about wanting to put out better containers, which is also admirable.

I'll let you know anything else I find out.

Great job on Hotfoots first cache! I got the biggest laugh while reading his cache page. Your post was entertaining as well. I am headed to Pleasanton Ridge tomorrow morning to place (Why Not?) if it's not to hot. I am also gonna try to start on Hotfoot's new cache it sounds like alot of fun. Get some sleep Fizzy. icon_smile.gif

Pepper

Great job on Hotfoots first cache! I got the biggest laugh while reading his cache page. Your post was entertaining as well. I am headed to Pleasanton Ridge tomorrow morning to place (Why Not?) if it's not to hot. I am also gonna try to start on Hotfoot's new cache it sounds like alot of fun. Get some sleep Fizzy. icon_smile.gif

Pepper

It was kind of a kick. Of course, none of the shops in question were actually open.

I think that this one is harder in many ways than my IQ Test caches because you have to make several assumptions in order to come up with the right answer. What is interesting is that I tended to guess correctly, which never happens when I am searching for one of Ron's caches! icon_frown.gif Apparently HotFoot and I think more or less alike. icon_wink.gif

I'll be interested to hear how other people do on it.

It was kind of a kick. Of course, none of the shops in question were actually open.

I think that this one is harder in many ways than my IQ Test caches because you have to make several assumptions in order to come up with the right answer. What is interesting is that I tended to guess correctly, which never happens when I am searching for one of Ron's caches! icon_frown.gif Apparently HotFoot and I think more or less alike. icon_wink.gif

I'll be interested to hear how other people do on it.

quote:

All day, and only five finds! I am sooo glad to be home it was a looong day.

Pepper

Looks like you're at the point we are... There are no more caches close to home. You have to drive further and further and further....... and further away to find caches.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

One our fellow cachers Hotfoot has placed his first cache, and IMO(in my opinion) it is a must do. Claire(KoolKoloas), myself, and all of our girls went after it this morning WOW! what a great way to start this beautiful day. Now what am I to do for the rest of this day, hmmmm... I know GO CACHING!

Pepper

Now lets talk about those home town boyz the Houston Texans. Houston's first pro game, and we won it 19-10. This should prove to be an interesting season, and I;m ready. I like football as much as I like geocaching.

Go Texans

Go Texans

Go Texans

Pepper

Yep I was born and raised in Texas!

And boy am I tired!

I managed to squeeze in 6 caches in the DC area, of which only 2 were virtual. I really enjoyed one cache in particular:

Be Prepared II

I think I am going to put one out like it soon.

At another cache, Mohican Valley, the hider had left a Compact Flash card formatted for a couple of digital camera types. It worked with my camera, so I left a digital picture of myself. Very cool idea.

It's good to be back. I am all psyched for Hotfoot's newest one.

Welcome home. Hotfoots new cache has put a pain in my brain! I was lucky enough to have a nice long chat and a cup of coffee with Hotfoot this morning at a downtown Livermore Coffee House. I have only managed to figure out the first part of his new cache and that was with his help this moring. Any ole way glad your back saftly.

Pepper

As for Pain in the Brain, Green Achers put one out in Tracy, and Kablooey put one out.... well, I don't know where it is because I haven't figure it out yet.

I submitted one possible solution but there must be more since mine was wrong. I have to go read it again... It's called "more than math"

george

5867_200.gif

MATH, I HATE MATH! The only caches left on my second and third page are math related. Grrrrr.

I need cool weather so I can do some good old fashion foot work. Looong hikes.

Pepper

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on September 15, 2002 at 09:11 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

As for Pain in the Brain, Green Achers put one out in Tracy, and Kablooey put one out.... well, I don't know where it is because I haven't figure it out yet.

I submitted one possible solution but there must be more since mine was wrong. I have to go read it again... It's called "more than math"

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5867_200.gif

Do you mean More than Just Math?

There are 6 solutions to the math problem, but as Kablooey told me, repeatedly, only one cache. icon_wink.gif

kg6nee

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5867_200.gif

Do you mean More than Just Math?

There are 6 solutions to the math problem, but as Kablooey told me, repeatedly, only one cache. icon_wink.gif

kg6nee

by Rundex WOW, what can I say AWESOME. Nice little 3 1/2 mile hike and well worth it with mother nature offering cool breezes and blue skies. I am now one of only a few who will be able to enjoy this enchanted geocache site! I could go on and on, but well if ya'll get the opportunity GO and GO soon. The cachers here in the Bay Area are sooo creative and repeatedly out do them selves. High five to all the cachers who care enough to put so much into there caches.

Pepper

I am not the most competent person at Geocaching and without good questions being asked I never would have caught the math error for Plumbers Other Friend and that would have spoiled all the fun. Thanks, Pepper, for causing me to go back to the calculator.

If only I could figure out where I went wrong with the More than just Math life would be sweet again. I spent some long hours bushwhacking, climbing fences, looking through garbage and under anything that might be called a tree all to no avail. I think it has to do with the salsa container. I have a couple of Mexican restaurants I frequent and as I recall the containers are little bowls and I can't beleive anyone ould try to use one as a cache container.

it's nice to see a fresh Avatar in the forums.

Welcome, now that you have found us I suspect you will share that wonderful since of humor with all.

Tell Mrs. J. I said hello.

Marty Founts, I think actually back in the day it was the beach that was keeping me side tracked! icon_wink.gif

Pepper

it's nice to see a fresh Avatar in the forums.

Welcome, now that you have found us I suspect you will share that wonderful since of humor with all.

Tell Mrs. J. I said hello.

Marty Founts, I think actually back in the day it was the beach that was keeping me side tracked! icon_wink.gif

Pepper

quote:

Enchanted Crystals... by Rundex WOW, what can I say AWESOME. Nice little 3 1/2 mile hike and well worth it with mother nature offering cool breezes and blue skies. I am now one of only a few who will be able to enjoy this enchanted geocache site!

Pepper, I couldn't agree with you more. This was a really unique find, and after about 5 minutes of searching, the beauty of the find was breathtaking. I really should have taken photos so that after they are all gone, the people who weren't lucky enough to find this would be able to see what all the fuss was about.

--Marky (fellow magical crystal holder)

quote:
Pepper, I couldn't agree with you more. This was a really unique find, and after about 5 minutes of searching, the beauty of the find was breathtaking. I really should have taken photos so that after they are all gone, the people who weren't lucky enough to find this would be able to see what all the fuss was about.

--Marky (fellow magical crystal holder)

Having also hit over 100 caches, this one ranks up there amoungst my favorites! My son and I were fortunately the FTF on this one and the site of the setting sun on 15+ crystals was magical. The crystals were much nicer than I expected. Very creative!

Thanks Rundex!

-Mark.

Will cache for food

did you get a pic? It would be nice to know what it looked like when you arrived being FTF. It was still nice when I arrived with only five left. I did take some pics but they DO NOT do the site justice. Will posts pics when the last one is pick up.

Pepper

quote:

did you get a pic? It would be nice to know what it looked like when you arrived being FTF. It was still nice when I arrived with only five left. I did take some pics but they DO NOT do the site justice. Will posts pics when the last one is pick up.

Pepper

Yea, I haven't uploaded it from my camera yet so I'm not sure how it turned out. I'll post it after the last crystal has been found. (I don't want to give away the location.)

-Mark.

Will cache for food

I wanted to agree with everyone - the Enchanted Crystal cache is awesome! We looked for it in all the wrong places and when we finally saw it, it was beautiful. The crystals looked like they just grew there. What would someone think if they came across it by accident? The Gnomes Home cache was great also...can you imagine someone hiking along and seeing them there? It would have scared me. Thanks to Rundex for this cache...and all of her caches have been memorable to us.

Now, a little self promotion...we placed the WTC Memorial cache and it has had one visitor so far. If you have the chance, take this nice hike and find it! We really want people to take something from it. September 11 changed us in many ways...we want to know how it changed you. And, if you do go, let us know what you think!

kbrece

Barry & Krystal

"Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground."

After seeing that there are three Rundex caches in the park, I think this is next park on our list. I still have to get the last one that I missed during our Briones Regional Park marathon as well. If only we had started an hour earlier... (actually, Joani couldn't have taken another climb even if we had more time, she definitely was pushing it on that last cache.)

--Marky

I visited the Enchanted Xtal cache this afternoon and must say it's a very cool cache. I really like these time-limited, no box caches. Seems like a few have gone missing without being logged. Pepper says four were left but on my arrival I only saw two. Now only one remains.

Didn't a few of the gnomes go missing also?

Mr. Vic, I want to see the picture too. Email it on over.

quote:

Will do once I upload them from my camera. I've been lazy. icon_razz.gif I'll try to remember to bring it to work tomorrow and do it from there on my lunch hour.

Figured out the More than Math coordinates today and tried to find it without my gps - Rockman Style. No luck. I don't know how you do so consistently. -Mark.

Will cache for food

quote:

Will do once I upload them from my camera. I've been lazy. icon_razz.gif I'll try to remember to bring it to work tomorrow and do it from there on my lunch hour.

Figured out the More than Math coordinates today and tried to find it without my gps - Rockman Style. No luck. I don't know how you do so consistently. -Mark.

Will cache for food

Yep, it's a neat hike however, if it is hot bring plenty of water and your swim trunks. It's a great swimming hole. The hike down is fairly easy but it is all uphill coming back.

Dad did this one without me and it is his first, so be gentle. icon_wink.gif

I think this would also qualify for your Natural Arches Locationless cache.

-Mark.

Will cache for food

Yep, it's a neat hike however, if it is hot bring plenty of water and your swim trunks. It's a great swimming hole. The hike down is fairly easy but it is all uphill coming back.

Dad did this one without me and it is his first, so be gentle. icon_wink.gif

I think this would also qualify for your Natural Arches Locationless cache.

-Mark.

Will cache for food