SF Bay Area geocachers

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

Where _is_ everybody? Nobody took me up on the travel bug offer. icon_frown.gif Oh, well. It just seems a little weird that there are no suitable travel bugs within 30 miles of me! Maybe we're too good at moving them on.

I have some in my pack but their goals don't really fit with the DC area.

I think I'll finally be able to finish the Del Val Caches this week. Including the new one.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

Where _is_ everybody? Nobody took me up on the travel bug offer. icon_frown.gif Oh, well. It just seems a little weird that there are no suitable travel bugs within 30 miles of me! Maybe we're too good at moving them on.

I have some in my pack but their goals don't really fit with the DC area.

I think I'll finally be able to finish the Del Val Caches this week. Including the new one.

george

Hi ya'll Pepper here, WOW am I glad to be to home. The whole darn Forest was shut down in New Nexico, Extrem Fire Hazard! No hiking, no caching, no nothing! I was able to place 2 caches in Cloudcroft proper and I have yet to find the time to post them yet. Only 4 more days of summer school left and I will be able to start caching again, oh what a wonderful day that will be. I came home to find my NEW GATERS had been delivered from REI.com yipee, and my new geo gear I ordered befor I left for vacation. I am ready, well gotta clean house and do lots of laundry and then i'm ready. Men, wow can they make a mess with the Mom/Wife gone for a week.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

Originally posted by Team Dralasites:

I posted this on a different topic, but it seems appropriate here as well. Kudos to the cache placers in the central valley...they seem to me to be a lot harder to find than the ones in the bay area.

QUOTE]

Oh ye of little faith... icon_smile.gif My brother and noted the same thing, and we are getting ready to put in a cache that should score a 5 in difficulty to get to, but will be oh-so-easy to see. Should frustrate a bunch of really dedicated cachers to see an unvisited cache right smack in the middle if the valley!! Mwa ha ha!

[This message was edited by Stiv the Wanderer on July 10, 2002 at 09:48 AM.]

Originally posted by Team Dralasites:

I posted this on a different topic, but it seems appropriate here as well. Kudos to the cache placers in the central valley...they seem to me to be a lot harder to find than the ones in the bay area.

QUOTE]

Oh ye of little faith... icon_smile.gif My brother and noted the same thing, and we are getting ready to put in a cache that should score a 5 in difficulty to get to, but will be oh-so-easy to see. Should frustrate a bunch of really dedicated cachers to see an unvisited cache right smack in the middle if the valley!! Mwa ha ha!

[This message was edited by Stiv the Wanderer on July 10, 2002 at 09:48 AM.]

Ran into a park closed due to extrem fire hazard today so no cache find there cause I could not get in and I tried. Oh btw that park was Veterans Park in Livermore. icon_frown.gif I'm wondering if this is an isolated thing or are all Parks soon to follow in the same direction. I say we pray for rain, and if that does not suit your fancy do a raindance or SOMETHING.

Somebody tell me what is going on I just left a state where everything was closed and it put a huge damper on my caching. Does this sort of thing happen often in this area? So what now urban caches only or what.

Let it rain, let it rain, let rain.

Ran into a park closed due to extrem fire hazard today so no cache find there cause I could not get in and I tried. Oh btw that park was Veterans Park in Livermore. icon_frown.gif I'm wondering if this is an isolated thing or are all Parks soon to follow in the same direction. I say we pray for rain, and if that does not suit your fancy do a raindance or SOMETHING.

Somebody tell me what is going on I just left a state where everything was closed and it put a huge damper on my caching. Does this sort of thing happen often in this area? So what now urban caches only or what.

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Since this is your first year here you may not know that it does not rain here in the summer. Almost never. Veterans Park was really hot last week. Mary and I drained a couple of camelbaks going for two caches only to return to find a new one in the park. It's good to know that it's closed so I won't be tempted back there.

george

quote:

Since this is your first year here you may not know that it does not rain here in the summer. Almost never. Veterans Park was really hot last week. Mary and I drained a couple of camelbaks going for two caches only to return to find a new one in the park. It's good to know that it's closed so I won't be tempted back there.

george

quote:
Originally posted by Stiv the Wanderer:

We'll be watching for it! Finally, a hard cache that we won't have to drive an hour to get to. icon_smile.gif

Colleen

Dralasites: biological, not geological.

quote:
Originally posted by Stiv the Wanderer:

We'll be watching for it! Finally, a hard cache that we won't have to drive an hour to get to. icon_smile.gif

Colleen

Dralasites: biological, not geological.

Ok so when is it gonna be placed i'm free anytime these days. icon_wink.gif Kinda getting back into the swing of things did 5 yesterday in the valley area, won't do that again TO HOT. Did five 4 this moring, and the weather was just great. Think I will stick to the Bay Area, nice cool breezes and surrounded by hills, just beautiful. I did figure out one thing starting a 7:30am is not such a good idea, gosh there's lots of traffic out there. I am putting togerher four different caches to be placed in Pleasanton, hopefully I will have them ready by Sunday. Two of them require a little more work than usual. One of them will have the NEW Spring Gaters from REI.com as a FTF. I think I will put those in the most difficult cache I place. Well that's all for now must take children to pool!

Pepper

have a good day

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 11, 2002 at 02:01 PM.]

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 11, 2002 at 02:02 PM.]

Ok so when is it gonna be placed i'm free anytime these days. icon_wink.gif Kinda getting back into the swing of things did 5 yesterday in the valley area, won't do that again TO HOT. Did five 4 this moring, and the weather was just great. Think I will stick to the Bay Area, nice cool breezes and surrounded by hills, just beautiful. I did figure out one thing starting a 7:30am is not such a good idea, gosh there's lots of traffic out there. I am putting togerher four different caches to be placed in Pleasanton, hopefully I will have them ready by Sunday. Two of them require a little more work than usual. One of them will have the NEW Spring Gaters from REI.com as a FTF. I think I will put those in the most difficult cache I place. Well that's all for now must take children to pool!

Pepper

have a good day

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 11, 2002 at 02:01 PM.]

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 11, 2002 at 02:02 PM.]

quote:

I am putting togerher four different caches to be placed in Pleasanton, hopefully I will have them ready by Sunday. Two of them require a little more work than usual. One of them will have the NEW Spring Gaters from REI.com as a FTF. I think I will put those in the most difficult cache I place. Well that's all for now must take children to pool!

Pepper

have a good day

Thanks for waiting until sunday... I'm going to LA for the weekend. I'll be back intime to get the new ones.

george

cachelog_details.asp?ID=70636&L=325987

Hi ya'll got the first one almost done, will add finishing touches tomorrow. The second one is half way finished, and it to will be done tomorrow, I hope. Can't decide what to do tomorrow, work on my caches to place, or go find caches to log????

Hmmm will let the morning decide for me.

Pepper

quote:

Hi ya'll got the first one almost done, will add finishing touches tomorrow. The second one is half way finished, and it to will be done tomorrow, I hope. Can't decide what to do tomorrow, work on my caches to place, or go find caches to log????

Hmmm will let the morning decide for me.

Pepper

I don't want you finishing your caches too early. You might get antsy to place them.

george

5867_200.gif

Pepper

have a good day

Come on Pepper there are a lot of fun caches in the central valley and the Sierra foot hills. I would recommend any of the caches placed by Mike and Connie, Tomaski, Downhiller, or Ron Streeter. You will have a real sense of accomplishment when you find them. Remember it is a dry heat in the valley, should be similar to what you had back home in Texas. icon_biggrin.gif Our pool will be done in about a week and if you and your kids come this way you can stop in for a swim! icon_wink.gif

Mary

5867_200.gif

Pepper

have a good day

Come on Pepper there are a lot of fun caches in the central valley and the Sierra foot hills. I would recommend any of the caches placed by Mike and Connie, Tomaski, Downhiller, or Ron Streeter. You will have a real sense of accomplishment when you find them. Remember it is a dry heat in the valley, should be similar to what you had back home in Texas. icon_biggrin.gif Our pool will be done in about a week and if you and your kids come this way you can stop in for a swim! icon_wink.gif

Mary

5867_200.gif

DNF #27 logged this past week passes my total of 26 (which has luckily held steady for over a month now) for most persistent California cacher.

I thought I saw somebody talking about an IQ Test cache in the chatroom the other night. Now I see why I missed it. I'm still not a member. Oh well, let me know if you de-MOC it.

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

DNF #27 logged this past week passes my total of 26 (which has luckily held steady for over a month now) for most persistent California cacher.

I thought I saw somebody talking about an IQ Test cache in the chatroom the other night. Now I see why I missed it. I'm still not a member. Oh well, let me know if you de-MOC it.

Does this mean Did Not Find? I'm not sure if this puts me in the class of persistant or stuborn or just too much free time in the summer.

BTW.. I just logged another DNF today.

george

5867_200.gif

[This message was edited by georgeandmary on July 12, 2002 at 11:18 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Does this mean Did Not Find?

I was thinking "Does Not Fall" because the way you're holding your neck in that avatar is killing my back.

I know it's a photo that was snapped a long time ago in a fraction of a second but a part of me keeps thinking "stand up staight George or you'll hurt yourself."

--

The printer within the dry stadium is the carrot that cooks familiarly.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Does this mean Did Not Find? I'm not sure if this puts me in the class of persistant or stuborn or just too much free time in the summer.

BTW.. I just logged another DNF today.

george

Well, don't get complacent or anything. I figured my last post would jinx me. Sure enough, I ended up logging a DNF today as well. And, I'm sorry to admit that the truth of the matter is that it's neither persistence nor stubbornness. It's just plain ineptness.

Boy, is Washington DC a target-rich caching environment! Did 32 (yow!) caches in my spare time over 3 1/2 days. Most were virtual, as they have to be these days in DC proper. But I did "You Are The GPS," the cache that inspired my Magic Trig. Found it first try.

Many of the DC caches are very moving. If anyone else is heading out that way this summer, let me know and I'll recommend my favorites.

Hea Fizzy welcome home, you were a busy young man while out of town. When did you find time to do the things you were supposed to be doing, or was it strictly an out of state caching event for you. Happy to hear you were such a success.

I have 5 caches almost ready to place, hopefully tomorrow if not Monday for sure. All will be placed in Pleasanton!

Pepper

quote:

When did you find time to do the things you were supposed to be doing, or was it strictly an out of state caching event for you.

Believe it or not, I got all those caches done before and after my meetings. I did skip the "banquet" one night to cache instead! From what I heard, I didn't miss anything.

Hey Boys and Girls!

I finally got around to hiding a new cache, called "Balancing Rock." http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=28828

It's currently under review.

It's just an old fasion cache. No puzzles, no math, no physics, just a tupperware box o'stuff hidden in the woods. I forgot a prize for FTF, so if you're the first, email me and I'll buy you a beer at the Hopyard in San Ramon.

icon_biggrin.gif

-Mark.

Will cache for food

Hey Boys and Girls!

I finally got around to hiding a new cache, called "Balancing Rock." http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=28828

It's just an old fasion cache. No puzzles, no math, no physics, just a tupperware box o'stuff hidden in the woods. I forgot a prize for FTF, so if you're the first, email me and I'll buy you a beer at the Hopyard in San Ramon.

icon_biggrin.gif

-Mark.

Will cache for food

My apologies if I already posted this, but I didn't see it while looking back through the previous posts!

We are hosting a Central Valley Caching BBQ at our home on July 27, and you folks are invited as well. You don't have to live in the Central Valley to attend, of course! icon_biggrin.gif

If you are interested, you can check out the information at

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=28416

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

My apologies if I already posted this, but I didn't see it while looking back through the previous posts!

We are hosting a Central Valley Caching BBQ at our home on July 27, and you folks are invited as well. You don't have to live in the Central Valley to attend, of course! icon_biggrin.gif

If you are interested, you can check out the information at

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=28416

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Vic:

Hmm.. when I follow that link, I just get redirected to the search page. Usually I can view them even before they're approved. Maybe you have the URL wrong? Did you piss off one of the admins? Have you been eating your wheaties?

Anyway, I'm up for a new cache. Let us know!

-- Mitch

quote:
Originally posted by Pneumatic:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Vic:

Hmm.. when I follow that link, I just get redirected to the http://www.geocaching.com/hideseek/ page. Usually I can view them even before they're approved. Maybe you have the URL wrong? Did you piss off one of the admins? Have you been eating your wheaties?

Anyway, I'm up for a new cache. Let us know!

-- Mitch

Hey Mitch.

The link works for me. I just tried it from here. It's still not approved. Maybe later today.

-Mark.

ps. I don't eat wheaties. They're evil.

Will cache for food

Hi Pepper here, I have been waiting around all morning waiting for your new cache to post. Oh well I am heading out with one of the twins to cache all day. We will not come home till we hit 100! Sure wanted your cache to be my 100th.

Pepepr

Hi ya'll what a busy day! Did not make 100 today, had Little Lila with me and after hitting two that had been stolen she was not a happy camper, but she hung tough. One of our favorites was Tabled Topics. It was nothing fancy, but alot of fun.

Mr. Vic what nerve you have placing a 4 mile round trip hike in the dead of Summer. Thinking very seriously about hitting it very early one morning maybe I can beat the heat.

quote:

Mr. Vic what nerve you have placing a 4 mile round trip hike in the dead of Summer. Thinking very seriously about hitting it very early one morning maybe I can beat the heat.

Hey! It was noon when I placed it yesterday and easily 90+ degrees. icon_smile.gif No too hilly, although not alot of shade either. Bring plenty of water. The park opens at 8:00 am and closes at sunset.

-Mark.

Will cache for food

quote:

Hey! It was noon when I placed it yesterday and easily 90+ degrees. icon_smile.gif No too hilly, although not alot of shade either. Bring plenty of water. The park opens at 8:00 am and closes at sunset.

-Mark.

Will cache for food

Hi ya'll four of five caches are placed and a spot has been picked for number five. Number five can not be placed till dark, after it's placed later this evening I will post all the caches at the same time. Cache number six will be placed on Wednesday and not in Pleasanton. I think it is gonna live at a small wilderness in Union City. Noithing happening for me tomorrow have family coming in from Texas for a day.

Team SuperGenius

Pepper

btw Speckles cache has a pair of new Spring Gaters (REI) FTF!

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 15, 2002 at 02:56 PM.]