EarthCache - Avenue of lime trees near the knights' courts

Team_Rhoeny

Hello Geocaching Forum,

I would like to publish my first Earth Cache and need a little help.
I wanted to hide an Earth Cache before, but it was not recognized. Now I would like to publish an Earth Cache about the history, origin and particularities of the "Lindenallee bei den Ritterhöfen" in the district of Fulda (Germany). These are centuries-old linden trees, which are also used as winter quarters for bats and other animals.

Would a reviewer publish such a geocache in your opinion:lostsignal: Otherwise I would make a traditional cache out of it.

Thanks for your support :D and greetings from the snowy Rhön near the Wasserkuppe.

BW Rhoeny

(P.S.: You can answer in English or German )

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Upvote 1

Hey Rhoeny,

I'm pretty sure it would not be possible to publish an earthcache around those trees. The requirements for earthcaches are set by Groundspeak and the Geological Society of America and one of the key points is that the cache has to have a geological focus. I understand from your description that trees would be the reason for the geocache, but maybe there are geological aspects as well?

You find more information via the help center or on the website of the German reviewers: https://www.gc-reviewer.de/haeufig-gestellte-fragen-faq/#earthcaches

The requirements from the GSA can be found here: https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/fieldexp/EarthCache/guidelines/home.aspx

BW nabane

• Helpful 1

That's a good idea, that would be my first multi-cache as well. Then I make it a kind of knowledge cache with lots of information about the linden trees and the animals that live in them. Thanks for the tip Andreas260477.

Edited by Rhoeny
  • Helpful 1