Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

I still need a #3 SCC card.

Might want to roadtrip it to the ranch, Parsa. Should still be a couple of SCC cards in SC #7. Of course retrieving them might be a challenge. ;)

--TT--

TT & Parsa,

Y'all come on out t' cowboy number seven an' brang y'r hemostats if y'r after those two No. 3 cards.

On th' other hand us ol' cowboys could trot up to th' cache an' save one f'r y' if y' want.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Might want to roadtrip it to the ranch, Parsa. Should still be a couple of SCC cards in SC #7. Of course retrieving them might be a challenge. ;)

--TT--

TT & Parsa,

Y'all come on out t' cowboy number seven an' brang y'r hemostats if y'r after those two No. 3 cards.

On th' other hand us ol' cowboys could trot up to th' cache an' save one f'r y' if y' want.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Thanks cowboys, but I already have one. Now I do need a superfly and monteverde, and KNIC & BNIC however.

--tt--

Might want to roadtrip it to the ranch, Parsa. Should still be a couple of SCC cards in SC #7. Of course retrieving them might be a challenge. :mad:

--TT--

TT & Parsa,

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Thanks cowboys, but I already have one. Now I do need a superfly and monteverde, and KNIC & BNIC however.

--tt--

No problem TT. Anyway I figur'd y' had a couple of hemostats taped into that elbow bandage.

Hey everyone out there. I am hoping someone with a little graphics arts expertise would be willing to tutor me for the next YMS Geocacher Card. I think the cards are turning out OK, but I am sure there are some easy techniques that could make them a lot better quality. I just don't really have any background in this and am just putting them together with limited knowledge and understanding of how the varous programs work. I end up using Paint for some things, Adobe Photoshop Elements for other things, and Microsoft Picure Editor for other things. I'm pretty sure that I could do it all with Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I am having lots of trouble figuring out how to use it. I thought maybe someone out there who knows what they're doing could work with me on designing the next card in the series, and then I would be better equipped to carry on.

Any takers? :laughing::huh:

Hey everyone out there. I am hoping someone with a little graphics arts expertise would be willing to tutor me for the next YMS Geocacher Card. I think the cards are turning out OK, but I am sure there are some easy techniques that could make them a lot better quality. I just don't really have any background in this and am just putting them together with limited knowledge and understanding of how the varous programs work. I end up using Paint for some things, Adobe Photoshop Elements for other things, and Microsoft Picure Editor for other things. I'm pretty sure that I could do it all with Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I am having lots of trouble figuring out how to use it. I thought maybe someone out there who knows what they're doing could work with me on designing the next card in the series, and then I would be better equipped to carry on.

Any takers? :huh::huh:

Flagman,

Email comng your way with respect to your plea.

Harmon of SD Rowdies and Sandy Creek Cowboys

Dropped by Max's Favorite Park today and left:

5x YP1 #10 (Gromit), including one misprint;

3x YMS #5 (The Senior Sleuths); and

3x YMS #6 (Rocket Man).

Many, many thanks to Sally of The Senior Sleuths for spending several hours tutoring me on Photoshop techniques. Boy was I doing things the hard way! Can't wait to try out the new knowledge on the next card. I may just release the Udesignit TB earlier than expected. :)

Oh, and I gave Sally some cards as well: 1x reprints of YP1-7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 and 1x YMS #6 (Rocket Man). I think that's it. :)

Edited by FlagMan
Email comng your way with respect to your plea....

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate it. Sally of The Senior Sleuths has shown me the way, though. I think I can probably figure most things out from here. :)

Flagman,

Good choice, never turn down an expert like Sleuth Momma. Besides she's better lookin' than all of th' Sandy Creek Cowboys put t'gether.

Edited by SD Rowdies

3x YMS #6 (Rocket Man).

Many, many thanks to Sally of The Senior Sleuths for spending several hours tutoring me on Photoshop techniques. Boy was I doing things the hard way! Can't wait to try out the new knowledge on the next card. I may just release the Udesignit TB earlier than expected. :anibad:

Oh, and I gave Sally some cards as well: 1x reprints of YP1-7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 and 1x YMS #6 (Rocket Man). I think that's it. :surprise:

Stopped by Max's Favorite Park on the way to work today and took:

1x YP1 #10 (Gromit); and

1x YMS #5 (The Senior Sleuths); and

2x YMS #6 (Rocket Man).

which should leave:

4x YP1 #10 (Gromit), including one misprint;

2x YMS #5 (The Senior Sleuths); and

1x YMS #6 (Rocket Man).

Thanks Flagman,

Rocket Man

3x YMS #6 (Rocket Man).

Many, many thanks to Sally of The Senior Sleuths for spending several hours tutoring me on Photoshop techniques. Boy was I doing things the hard way! Can't wait to try out the new knowledge on the next card. I may just release the Udesignit TB earlier than expected. :D

Oh, and I gave Sally some cards as well: 1x reprints of YP1-7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 and 1x YMS #6 (Rocket Man). I think that's it. :P

As noted on the cache log, I took one YMS #5 Senior Sleuths card. There is one remaining, plus three #10 Gromit cards and two YMS #TT (one signed). Thanks again.

-Gecko Dad

I visited Tool Time today and left:

3x YMS #5 (Senior Sleuths);

3x YMS #6 (Rocket Man); and

5x YP1 #12 reprint (Superfly).

Also dropped off the Udesignit TB.

Thanks to Rocket Man's encouragement, I picked up a hot laminator today. Turns out the 3 mil pouches are about the same thickness, but the quality is much improved. Between the new laminator and Sally's tutoring, I am ready for the next in the series. I sort of wish I could go back and recall all the ones I've done! <_<

Thanks to Rocket Man's encouragement, I picked up a hot laminator today. Turns out the 3 mil pouches are about the same thickness, but the quality is much improved. Between the new laminator and Sally's tutoring, I am ready for the next in the series. I sort of wish I could go back and recall all the ones I've done! <_<

Flagman-

Don't look back. Just think of the previous printings as YMS First Edition. They may become collectibles in their own right.

-Gecko Dad

Thanks to Rocket Man's encouragement, I picked up a hot laminator today.  Turns out the 3 mil pouches are about the same thickness, but the quality is much improved.  Between the new laminator and Sally's tutoring, I am ready for the next in the series.  I sort of wish I could go back and recall all the ones I've done!  <_<

Wow, I was just looking at the Tool Time cache and it was visited by QDman shortly after Flagman was there. Look at this unreal picture he took:

982ffeef-7296-4b73-ae91-59bd0a241beb.jpg

Kind of Wizard of Ozish.

BTW: He didn't take the Udesignit TB.

Edited by Rocket Man

Thanks to Rocket Man's encouragement, I picked up a hot laminator today. Turns out the 3 mil pouches are about the same thickness, but the quality is much improved. Between the new laminator and Sally's tutoring, I am ready for the next in the series. I sort of wish I could go back and recall all the ones I've done! ;)

I took one of each of these from Tool Time today.... No more SS and two RM and two SF left.

Wild Chicken beat to the cache by about 2 1/2 hours and took the Udesignit TB :(

982ffeef-7296-4b73-ae91-59bd0a241beb.jpg

Notice some interesting optical effects... The sky above the primary rainbow is darker than below. The order of colors in the secondary rainbow is the reverse of the primary. That's because the colored light from the first rainbow goes back through more drops and is refracted again. The primary has to be pretty bright to see the second one. We saw some pretty nice rainbows when we went up to Yucca Valley that time. End of physics lesson....

Parsa

I dropped off some cards at Max's Favorite Park today:

5x YMS #6 (Rocket Man) with the new lamination; and

3x YP1 #9 reprints (Iron Chef).

In addition to these cards, the cache contains the following additional cards:

1x YMS #1 (TT) autographed;

1x YMS #1 (TT) misprint;

1x YMS #5 (Senior Sleuths); and

2x YP1 #10 reprint (Gromit).

Came by at 6:30 am to grab one copy of YMS #6 Rocket Man. Left a half dozen Sobe lizard tattoos.

-Gecko Dad

Heavy sigh. I didn't get all the cards in Senior Center Surprise. I took the remaining cards (Zcat and Whistlestick).

I took a Rocket Man (that's right this time!) from Encinitas Ranch Retreat.

I also took a TT misprint from Lake Hodges Is Back and another Zcat from Ranch Reef (I think) and placed them in The Big R in the San Marcos/Vista area.

Parsa

Nabbed:

1x Zcat and 1x Rocket Man cards from Ranch Reef.

1x Whistlestick Card from Encinitas Ranch Retreat

1x Iron Chef, 1x Montrverde, 1X Beeque and 1x Gromit Cards from Senior Center Surprise

Apologies to Parsa for nabbing the ones he wanted. :huh:

Also created a Clifford Dog TB for Flagman to train Max to find cache's. :o

And now that I look at my Sig line, it seems appropriate after my adventure at WP2 for Power House Park - Hobbit Holes

Edited by samiaminca