Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Flag Man and Gecko Dad,

Nice work on summarizing the background and details of the Yrium cards.

I believe it falls to you, Gecko Dad, to exhibit your collection at the 2006 Del Mar Fair. A blue ribbon would be a nice addition to your fine collection. Such an exhibit would fall in line somewhat with the 2006 Yrium anniversary.

Exhibiting would offer a fine opportunity to publicize Yrium's interesting contribution to Geocaching. Also it would be appropriate to explain how his tradition survives through the effort that you and Flag Man make. The Sandy Creek Ranch 42-inch H-P plotter could provide a nice background poster for your collection.

From what I've seen at regional fairs such a collection would totally outclass any categoriical exhibit. What with the collective graphic-art capability you can call upon locally your exhibit would be a shoo-in for blue.

Besides, you could back-pack your collection in from Borrego Springs as an added element of devotion. That shouldn't take you more than a half day and you can place several hundred new micro caches along the way while you are at it.

I'm also sure that the GeoBabes would be willing to serve as honor guards at the exhibit for the duration of the fair. We could rent some shako's, tights, and wooden rifles as their costumes. I'll let you 'splain it to them as they have stopped listening to me for some reason.

By the way, thanks for the new photo. Gosh knows what we might do with that shot.

You're welcome,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Below is an earlier email from Yrium indicating his plans for future Pals identities, including a concept for a "Collectors Series" that he later renamed "Yrium's Fans" but never got around to pursuing. Here is the photo he requested of me to start that series....

Sounds like a serious suggestion for the next phase of things.....

I believe it falls to you, Gecko Dad, to exhibit your collection at the 2006 Del Mar Fair. A blue ribbon would be a nice addition to your fine collection. Such an exhibit would fall in line somewhat with the 2006 Yrium anniversary.

Well shucks, Harmon. What an honur to be nom'nated for such a pretigious event, 'specially by the 'steemed SCC spokesman.

BTW, is your two-headed steed available for transportin the Yrium collection? It's a pretty fer pitch from Borrego Springs, ya know. Surely you can visualize a grand entrance that features a few laps around the track during the festivities. The Geobabes could simultaneously show off their ridin skills and promote geocaching in a most memorable way. :blink: Might stand a good chance of taking sweeps, too.

-GD

Well shucks, Harmon. What an honur to be nom'nated for such a pretigious event, 'specially by the 'steemed SCC spokesman.

BTW, is your two-headed steed available for transportin the Yrium collection? It's a pretty fer pitch from Borrego Springs, ya know. Surely you can visualize a grand entrance that features a few laps around the track during the festivities. The Geobabes could simultaneously show off their ridin skills and promote geocaching in a most memorable way. :lol: Might stand a good chance of taking sweeps, too.

-GD

It's amazin' that you mention our ridin' skills because they are excellent!!!

Both of us grew up with horses and living' the good life. If we can put on a show in honor of Yrium, we're there! YeeHaw......

BTW, is your two-headed steed available for transportin the Yrium collection? It's a pretty fer pitch from Borrego Springs, ya know. Surely you can visualize a grand entrance that features a few laps around the track during the festivities. The Geobabes could simultaneously show off their ridin skills and promote geocaching in a most memorable way. :lol: Might stand a good chance of taking sweeps, too.

-GD

It's amazin' that you mention our ridin' skills because they are excellent!!!

Both of us grew up with horses and living' the good life. If we can put on a show in honor of Yrium, we're there! YeeHaw......

O.K. then, it's a deal for th' 2006 Del Mar Fair.

We'll hitch up our push-me pull-me horse for Don and also rinse out some sheepskin chaps for the Geobabes. Us ol' cowboys can probably come up with some yeller chicken-skin boots for you gals as well.

Yeehaw, off to the fair we go.

ed220696-41d7-4b64-aa20-011b889ae914.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies
Introducing YMS #19 TrailGators:

bb65c555-7530-47fa-81f5-98b3e02a75cd.jpg

Harmon and Rocket Man can take the blame -- er.. I mean credit -- for the design on this one!

Ha Ha Ha! Very funny guys! Please tell me that's the misprint! :lol:

Kawikaturn came up with a great idea to use his card in his profile page. But that one is DEFINITELY NOT going on my profile page! :rolleyes:

Edited by TrailGators

Harmon and Rocket Man can take the blame -- er.. I mean credit -- for the design on this one!

Ha Ha Ha! Very funny guys! Please tell me that's the misprint! :lol:

Kawikaturn came up with a great idea to use his card in his profile page. But that one is DEFINITELY NOT going on my profile page! :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll put it in my profile with the caption: "Here is my caching buddy Trailgators"

Or, maybe his was my buddy before this card came out :lol:

Ha Ha Ha! Very funny guys! Please tell me that's the misprint! :rolleyes:

Kawikaturn came up with a great idea to use his card in his profile page. But that one is DEFINITELY NOT going on my profile page! :lol:

Maybe I'll put it in my profile with the caption: "Here is my caching buddy Trailgators"

Or, maybe his was my buddy before this card came out :lol:

No, we're still buddies! Pobody's Nerfect!

This card makes me look like one of those Swiss dudes. You should have put the Alps in the background and given me one of those giant horns! ;)

Stopped by Max's Favorite Park and dropped off 20x YMS #19 - TrailGators cards.  Dang if there weren't 5x misprints floating around in the cache when I got there.  I think Harmon's responsible for all these misprints!

6:40 am.

Stopped by early this morning to pick up newest YMS card. Swapped 100% Canadian Travel Bug for two regular and one misprint Trailgators #19. There are still 18 regulars and four misprints remaining.

-GD

P.S.Will there be any more Kawikaturn misprints coming into circulation? I think that is the only card/variation I haven't seen in the wild yet.

Edited by Team Gecko

I stopped after work and picked up 3x YMS #19 TG cards. The TG misprints were all scarfed up before I could get there. Shoot! Not sure which ones got printed, but I want one of the ones with the funny Viking hat! :unsure:

Thanks John and Jess for nominating me! Thanks Harmon and others for all your effort creating this card!

Edited by TrailGators

We.....

left 1x YMS#14 (Dan-oh) in Myst Island the other day.

gave 1xYMS#14 misprint to GRNZOOM at the Temecula Caching Event.

also left 1x YMS#007 (Dr. Boggis) in Where Do You Call Home? last week.

took the YP#2 (STORK) reprint from Monopolizing Your Time last week.

And finally, we took the last YMS#4 ($kimmer) from King Geepius and the Flame of Friendship the day before yesterday. We were going to trade it at Stonewall Jackson Re-tired, but ran out of time. We'll put it back in a cache soon! There, caught up! :unsure::D

THANKS!

John&Jess

I stopped after work and picked up 3x YMS #19 TG cards. The TG misprints were all scarfed up before I could get there. Shoot! Not sure which ones got printed, but I want one of the ones with the funny Viking hat! :D

Thanks John and Jess for nominating me! Thanks Harmon and others for all your effort creating this card!

I'm pretty certain I was first to the TG cards this morning since there were still 20x originals and 5x variation. No horns, though. Just the attractive girdle. :unsure:

-GD

I stopped after work and picked up 3x YMS #19 TG cards. The TG misprints were all scarfed up before I could get there. Shoot! Not sure which ones got printed, but I want one of the ones with the funny Viking hat! :D

I'm pretty certain I was first to the TG cards this morning since there were still 20x originals and 5x variation. No horns, though. Just the attractive girdle. :unsure:

-GD

Heck, Harmon's got a closet full of dem thangs. He said all the cowboys wear 'em.

In fact, I borrowed that pair of lovely black ones just for that speee-cial photoshoot. :D

Heck, Harmon's got a closet full of dem thangs. He said all the cowboys wear 'em.

In fact, I borrowed that pair of lovely black ones just for that speee-cial photoshoot.  :lol:

I KNEW Harmon was behind these misprints! And now TrailGators, himself, admits participating in this diabolical scheme! There must be more co-conspirators out there. I won't rest 'till I've rounded them all up! :lol:

Edited by FlagMan

So with all the recent reports regarding misprints, I had to go check things out for myself at Max's Favorite Park. When I got there, lo and behold if I didn't find 6x YMS #18 (kawikaturn) and 6x YMS #19 (TrailGators) misprints in the cache -- as if by special request! Of course, I am happy to fulfill special requests for the REAL cards, but these were MISPRINTS! Seems whoever is doing this has some small modicum of benevolence to go along with a nature that is predominately mischievous! :lol:

Edited by FlagMan

In fact, I borrowed that pair of lovely black ones just for that speee-cial photoshoot.  :lol:

I KNEW Harmon was behind these misprints! And now TrailGators, himself, admits participating in this diabolical scheme! There must be more co-conspirators out there. I won't rest 'till I've rounded them all up! :lol:

Dang! I'm busted.

O.K., I admit it ... there's the dweebie high-water pants, the Edward Hopper's "Morning Sun," the TG jigsaw-puzzle, and the horny-hat versions.

Not sure that all of them made it through the printer but the layouts do exist. I'm going to send a bill to TG to cover his HDD storage allotment.

O yeah, I did consider another misprint showing TG in sheepskin chaps ... only. I could be talked into that one as well.

Harmon

p.s. I ain't talkin' about the other co-conspirators but one of them goes by the initials J.e.s.s.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Another trip to my still new favorite park this morning. Can I borrow Max for awhile?? We have some nice parks in East County also he might like, who knows, it might become his 'new' favorite park!

Anyhow, I took 2 Trailgators reg. and 2 Trailgators misprints, and 2 Kwikaturn misprints. This is a set for The Splashes and a set for $kimmer and The Vulture.

Thanks, awesome as usual!!!!!!! :lol:

In fact, I borrowed that pair of lovely black ones just for that speee-cial photoshoot.  :)

I KNEW Harmon was behind these misprints! And now TrailGators, himself, admits participating in this diabolical scheme! There must be more co-conspirators out there. I won't rest 'till I've rounded them all up! B)

Dang! I'm busted.

O.K., I admit it ... there's the dweebie high-water pants, the Edward Hopper's "Morning Sun," the TG jigsaw-puzzle, and the horny-hat versions.

Not sure that all of them made it through the printer but the layouts do exist. I'm going to send a bill to TG to cover his HDD storage allotment.

O yeah, I did consider another misprint showing TG in sheepskin chaps ... only. I could be talked into that one as well.

Harmon

p.s. I ain't talkin' about the other co-conspirators but one of them goes by the initials J.e.s.s.

Alright, we admit our involvement... beats watching our backs for FlagMan!

:rolleyes::ph34r:

Any attempt by me to suggest otherwise would surely be met with multiple quotes of us declaring "We're ALL in!" and such... :lol::D

Our best shot of staying in the clear would have required playing the

"Th_ng Muggle" card, and then dropping a few words about who suggested who as potential subjects... :lol::) Decided not to go there... :mad:

Harmon, we very much enjoyed all the versions and hope to someday see that puzzle idea used somewhere. B)

Thanks again all!

~Jess

P.S. Stopped by Max's Park today and grabbed 1x YMS#18 misprint.

In fact, I borrowed that pair of lovely black ones just for that speee-cial photoshoot.  :)

I KNEW Harmon was behind these misprints! And now TrailGators, himself, admits participating in this diabolical scheme! There must be more co-conspirators out there. I won't rest 'till I've rounded them all up! B)

Dang! I'm busted.

Harmon

Alright, we admit our involvement... beats watching our backs for FlagMan!

:rolleyes::ph34r:

Any attempt by me to suggest otherwise would surely be met with multiple quotes of us declaring "We're ALL in!" and such... :lol::D

Our best shot of staying in the clear would have required playing the

"Th_ng Muggle" card, and then dropping a few words about who suggested who as potential subjects... :lol::) Decided not to go there... :mad:

Harmon, we very much enjoyed all the versions and hope to someday see that puzzle idea used somewhere. B)

Thanks again all!

~Jess

P.S. Stopped by Max's Park today and grabbed 1x YMS#18 misprint.

Jess,

You're a sweety. Thanks for your support.

The truth is that YMS #19 has been great fun. I still say that we should collect the email messages for YMS #19.

Harmon

Took # 18 and #19 missprint from Max's today...seems there were only missprints there. That's OK, it is the first time I have seen a missprint. Left a pop up map of San Diego.

Boy those misprints disappear pretty quickly. This working for a living is making it way too tough to maintain a collection. What's a cache-person to do?

-GD

I still say that we should collect the email messages for YMS #19.

Harmon

Is that to make a book? or to destroy them!!!? :mad::rolleyes::ph34r: or for blackmail?

Your uncanny penchant for mischief is startin’ to grow on me! :lol::lol:

~Jess

Jess,

In my heart I just knew it, you're my kind of gal.

Well, at least you would have been way back in the olden days when I was young enough to use the phrase "... my kind of gal." That was right before the first time that somebody called me "Pops."

Mischief you say? Who me?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Time for an accounting:

Snagged a YMS #16 (Beer Hall variation) from Monopolizing Your Time the other day. I was traveling N on 15 today and stopped by Max's Favorite Park to see what was on the shelf. I got a little greedy and grabbed a #18 variant, 2 #19 variants, and a #007 that's been sitting there for a while feeling neglected.

Time for an accounting:

Snagged a YMS #16 (Beer Hall variation) from Monopolizing Your Time the other day. I was traveling N on 15 today and stopped by Max's Favorite Park to see what was on the shelf. I got a little greedy and grabbed a #18 variant, 2 #19 variants, and a #007 that's been sitting there for a while feeling neglected.

:) It's been there for two days!

Time for an accounting:

:) It's been there for two days!

Wow, it's amazing what you can find out when you read back a few posts. :) I must have seen one in a different cache a while back.

Look carefully at the card that's being passed under the table. It's a YMS card but which one?

I know, I know! Not telling tho' :anibad:

Hint: Starts with a "P" as in pineapple upside down cake :anibad:

~Jess

Jess,

Nice work supper sleuth. Enjoy your sharp eyesight for now, one day you will have old eyes and big thick glasses like other people I can name.

Harmon