Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Introducing Yrium TNG #18 - fisnjack

65959c23-d515-4922-bd39-9f4e099fa760.jpg

Card inspired by "lostguy"

Card designed by Harmon of SD Rowdies

A supply of these cards has been dropped in Max's Favorite Park.

Sue,

I'm so very happy for you ... on Thanksgiving Day no less,

aren't you clever! (I caught a rash just waiting on this.)

Working with you on Yrium cards has been a delight just as

it was with FlagMan only you are better looking than he is.

FisnJack well deserves this honor ... but just wait until

his pals see the related misprint card. Ha-ha-ha-ha! Snark!

Notice that Teddie upstaged him in the layout ... of course,

Teddie is better looking than he is. Ha-ha-ha-ha! Snark!

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Anybody wanna see my rash?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Absolutely awesome card! We just love it. We're GFETE and had to put the oven on pause as we ran up to Max's favorite park for our set. There were still lots there when we left.

Put the oven on pause did y'? By any chance would that

be another fabulous Lumberjack Cake in the oven?

Edited by SD Rowdies

That is a beautiful card!

Aw, shucks ... Sue made me do it. In fact do note the change

made to the card-frame. Now with three avatars she felt that

they were cluttering the layout; and so, the Yrium avatar was

moved to the upper-right corner of the card-frame and the

FlagMan and Fat Cats avatars now appear on the reverse side

with the text. Yep, Sue made me do it and I said "Yes ma'am."

Edited by SD Rowdies

Sue,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

AWESOME!!!!! LOVE it!!!! Noticed the nuances right away. Great job all the way around!!! Picked up one for me and one for lulu at Max's...

Sue,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

AWESOME!!!!! LOVE it!!!! Noticed the nuances right away. Great job all the way around!!! Picked up one for me and one for lulu at Max's...

Great job with the card, Sue! And a very deserving recipient! :D :D :D

I made a quick run to Max's this morning and grabbed one for myself, one for Silver Horde and one for zeber. Now back to the kitchen!

Raced down to Max's early today and grabbed 1 regular and one misprint of fisnjack. I think I was the first one there, since there were 4 misprints in the cache and lots of dew on the container...

Congrats fisnjack and thanks FatCats and Harmon for the excellent work!

J&J&J&j

Just wanted folks to know that I too dashed to Max's for a card for myself and BnB and Ironmom...I had just gotten home from work and a phone call woke me up..I checked my e-mail and noticed that fisnjack cards had been dropped...So in a blur I made it to gz and found my reward...so I got 3 cards,3 mis-prints and two extra cards to drop in the Southbay somewhere..wonder how many are left at Max's? Awesome cards!!!

I agree with Boysnbarrie it is a beautiful card especially Dillweed's buddy Teddie.

Aha! now I see the light ... it's Teddie rather than fisnjack that Dillweed

co-caches with. Makes sense to me ... what with the stability of four legs

Teddie can at least remain upright along the way so's Dillweed doesn't have

t' haul him out of the bushes now and then. Let me count the ways ....

Edited by SD Rowdies

Raced down to Max's early today and grabbed 1 regular and one misprint of fisnjack. I think I was the first one there, since there were 4 misprints in the cache and lots of dew on the container...

Congrats fisnjack and thanks FatCats and Harmon for the excellent work!

J&J&J&j

Just wanted folks to know that I too dashed to Max's for a card for myself and BnB and Ironmom...I had just gotten home from work and a phone call woke me up..I checked my e-mail and noticed that fisnjack cards had been dropped...So in a blur I made it to gz and found my reward...so I got 3 cards,3 mis-prints and two extra cards to drop in the Southbay somewhere..wonder how many are left at Max's? Awesome cards!!!

Hmmm. Explains the immediate shortage of misprints. Gone after only two visitors. :( Perhaps a few more will surface?

It's not exactly common to find Yrium cards in caches these days (Max's Favorite Park being an obvious exception. But what is really rare is finding your own Yrium card in a cache. This one is called "Famosa Slough with Ranger Rick".

efa07db5-e44f-49c7-8e1d-d46f91561119.jpg?rnd=0.3435922

b6302565-d94d-4f15-8b0e-67c11b4790bd.jpg?rnd=0.761253

Sgt. Argyle should know -- being of Scots ancestry himself -- that those are hose and not socks and further, that if you bunch them, you don't have a place to stick your sgian dubh.

It's not exactly common to find Yrium cards in caches these days (Max's Favorite Park being an obvious exception. But what is really rare is finding your own Yrium card in a cache. This one is called "Famosa Slough with Ranger Rick".

efa07db5-e44f-49c7-8e1d-d46f91561119.jpg?rnd=0.3435922

b6302565-d94d-4f15-8b0e-67c11b4790bd.jpg?rnd=0.761253

Sgt. Argyle should know -- being of Scots ancestry himself -- that those are hose and not socks and further, that if you bunch them, you don't have a place to stick your sgian dubh.

Aye, no argie-bargie here m'lad ... 'tis a stig pticker f'r sahrtin.

Geocaching Trading Cards have come along way since the day Jeremy Irish first proposed them on a forum thread on June 5, 2002. On July 15, 2002, geocacher "yrium" ran with the idea and created his own cards and started placing them in geocaches in the Escondido, California area. I am not quite sure how many "yrium" cards exist today, but I am interested in finding out. If anyone has any of yrium's cards and can scan the fronts and backs, I would highly appreciate it. See my links in my profile. I would also be interested in obtaining copies for my collection of early cards. I am willing to trade cards from my History Series, Terminology series, or personal trading card series (as well as any duplicates of cards i have in other series such as FTF geocacher, Going Coastal, Going Caching, and the Louisiana Geocaching Legends). Please email me or contact me through the links in my profile.

Geocaching Trading Cards have come along way since the day Jeremy Irish first proposed them on a forum thread on June 5, 2002. On July 15, 2002, geocacher "yrium" ran with the idea and created his own cards and started placing them in geocaches in the Escondido, California area. I am not quite sure how many "yrium" cards exist today, but I am interested in finding out. If anyone has any of yrium's cards and can scan the fronts and backs, I would highly appreciate it. See my links in my profile. I would also be interested in obtaining copies for my collection of early cards. I am willing to trade cards from my History Series, Terminology series, or personal trading card series (as well as any duplicates of cards i have in other series such as FTF geocacher, Going Coastal, Going Caching, and the Louisiana Geocaching Legends). Please email me or contact me through the links in my profile.

You can see all the cards displayed in the Gallery of this TB: http://coord.info/TB9E

You can see all the cards displayed in the Gallery of this TB: http://coord.info/TB9E

Here too including misprints: Yrium Cards

Thank You!

Is this still continuing????? Was there only one card in the "Pals 2nd Series" ? - Pals 2nd Series #1 FlagSon Andrew

Thank You!

Is this still continuing????? Was there only one card in the "Pals 2nd Series" ? - Pals 2nd Series #1 FlagSon Andrew

Flagman knows best about the Pals 2 set.

I do believe that FlagSon was the only

card in that set; at least, that is true

about the set of cards I own.

Hasn't been a new card in a while even

though an active uDesignit card was

found a few months back. At last report

The Fat Cats manage the Yrium Cards.

By the way, thanks for filling in some of

the historic details of the Yrium Cards.

Nice to know more about how they began.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Thank You!

Flagman knows best about the Pals 2 set.

I do believe that FlagSon was the only

card in that set; at least, that is true

about the set of cards I own.

Hasn't been a new card in a while even

though an active uDesignit card was

found a few months back. At last report

The Fat Cats manage the Yrium Cards.

By the way, thanks for filling in some of

the historic details of the Yrium Cards.

Nice to know more about how they began.

I have created a series of geocaching cards related to the history of geocaching. I plan to do a card realted to the beginnings of trading cards in the near future. .....as i have learned alot of new history about them since i started. :)

Edited by GeoLobo