Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Introducing Yrium TNG Card #9 - Harmon

58f62b6d-beae-4c40-843d-6e3de5ce5d3d.jpg

A good supply is en-route to Max's Favorite Park as we speak. My instincts tell me that the Misprinter probably went a little crazy on this one as well. So come 'n git 'em!!

Yay! We got there before they were all gone! :(

We grabbed 4 traditional cards, and 8 different misprints. We're keeping a traditional, the Signature Cowboy Hat, and the Tunnel of Love (thought this was maybe from Carl Jr's 500th, but it's from a similar one that we've solved but haven't yet found)

The other 3 traditionals are for kwvers!, boysnbarrie, and The Lost Clan, plus they'll each get two different misprints. I wish I'd recognized the PUD cake card, so I could grab one for Barrie...hopefully she'll be able to trade with someone for one!

Boy, you go out of town for a week and look what happens! Fat Cats, thank you SO much for grabbing some Harmon cards for me!

It's also great to see such renewed interest in the series, although I guess that means more competition for us collectors!

Jahoadi & John grabbed the latest uDesignit card today.

:ph34r: And it will be so much fun working with you to design the card. And you thought Lulu was hard to please :ph34r: .....John and I are discussing our options and looking for ammunition...(I mean source data.) :ph34r:

Your buddies, Jodi and John

Edited by jahoadi and john

:ph34r: And it will be so much fun working with you to design the card. And you thought Lulu was hard to please :ph34r: .....John and I are discussing our options and looking for ammunition...(I mean source data.) :ph34r:

There y' go tryin' t' get me in trouble once again. Th' record most-surely

shows that I actually praised Lulu for knowing so well what she wanted.

Well, you know, ... and what she didn't want. ... and how she expressed

her wishes with such clarity.

JKOC!

Ooo, "ammunition" ... this one sounds like it might be fun.

Your pal,

Poor ol' Harmon

Note to self: How'm I gonna 'splain this to Nancy?

JKOC!

Your pal,

Poor ol' Harmon

Lemme know when y' figger it out, ol' budddy, ol' pal :ph34r:

WWOTW :ph34r:

:ph34r: And it will be so much fun working with you to design the card. And you thought Lulu was hard to please :ph34r: .....John and I are discussing our options and looking for ammunition...(I mean source data.) ;)

JKOC!

Your pal,

Poor ol' Harmon

Lemme know when y' figger it out, ol' budddy, ol' pal :ph34r:

WWOTW :ph34r:

Uh-oh, ... hello Nancy dear. Say did y' ever read the book "How the Wicked Witch

Got That Way?" My heart goes out to you, honest it does. :ph34r:

Edited by SD Rowdies

We did grab a couple of Yrium cards from Perfect sunrise GC1VW79 but there are still two each of Memorial series 12 (Devhead) and TNG card 1 The Kiss of Midnight (DAK Girls). We are also looking to trade for some cards to finish our collection. We need cards like Bikedog memorial series cards 1, 2, 5, and 6. Also need Yrium's pals cards # 2, 4, 8, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20 and Udesignit 1, and 2. Help?

John and Jodi

9:35 pm

Stopped by Doctor's Order's this evening for a headlamp search in our home territory. First local/urban cache I've looked for in quite some time. Left a YMS #24 Flintstones card and a YMS #24 Flintstones misprint. Took a YNG #1 Kiss of Midnight and a YNG #9 Harmon misprint (French street scene?).

Also swapped a pink lizard for a YMS #12 Devhead Red Stapler misprint to pass along to Harmon in the event he doesn't get one before they are gone. No charge, Harmon. I already have one from back when they first came out and there were only a few in circulation. It was quite a competition to snag one. As I recall, it was placed in a cache near another Wood Rat nest - in the Black Mountain area.

-GD

Edited by Team Gecko

Stopped by Doctor's Order's this evening for a headlamp search in our home territory. First local/urban cache I've looked for in quite some time. Left a YMS #24 Flintstones card and a YMS #24 Flintstones misprint. Took a YNG #1 Kiss of Midnight and a YNG #9 Harmon misprint (French street scene?).

Also swapped a pink lizard for a YMS #12 Devhead Red Stapler misprint to pass along to Harmon in the event he doesn't get one before they are gone. No charge, Harmon. I already have one from back when they first came out and there were only a few in circulation. It was quite a competition to snag one. As I recall, it was placed in a cache near another Wood Rat nest - in the Black Mountain area.

-GD

Don,

Thanks pal. I'm going nuts wanting to get up there for one of those

red-stapler cards. Maybe with luck I'll make it this week.

Harmon

-GD

Don,

Thanks pal. I'm going nuts wanting to get up there for one of those

red-stapler cards. Maybe with luck I'll make it this week.

Harmon

Zoomed out of the house this morning and made my way to Shaka Island.

Picked up the cards that were there and will be trading/hiding any duplicates I have.. Thanks for the fun! Yippee!

FTF!!!! [:D]WhooHoo! Yipee! uh-huh, uh-huh! what a beautiful sight to see the word Success! Yep, puzzle solved and found.... I had that list of fruits and nuts from all those F.A.N caches on my refer forever! Kept thinking it was my shopping list! This is a great series, well placed containers with the best swag, very clever puzzle with nice twists here and there! Thanks BnB for some fun memories and a trip to JoAnns!

Mrs. K

We picked up al ot of trackables and Left a few Yrium cards.

Yrium Memorial devhead misprint#12

Yrium TNG 7,7.5 along with TNG The Kiss of Midnight #1

The LLOTs won a deck of the TNG cards today at the Geo-Bowl. There were a few misprints that we had missed out on so it was welcome prize. Most of the deck, though, are duplicates of cards we already have, so...

...there may be some Yrium cards that find their way into caches soon... :cool:

Personally If I new you had most of them I would have loved to take some. I guess I will have to follow you around once you start leaving them in caches.

Edited by SD-Weiss
The LLOTs won a deck of the TNG cards today at the Geo-Bowl. There were a few misprints that we had missed out on so it was welcome prize. Most of the deck, though, are duplicates of cards we already have, so...

...there may be some Yrium cards that find their way into caches soon... :laughing:

Personally If I new you had most of them I would have loved to take some. I guess I will have to follow you around once you start leaving them in caches.

Maybe we can work something out :cool:

...there may be some Yrium cards that find their way into caches soon... ;)

Maybe we can work something out :wub:

By the way, I spotted an Yrium card in one of the recent Mother Miguel

switchback hides above Paseo Veracruz trailhead.

Can't recall which cache but the card was a Snake & Rooster oriental

version misprint.

...there may be some Yrium cards that find their way into caches soon... :D

Maybe we can work something out :)

:P um ... Is this a good time to inquire if y'all like PUD cake? Yeah, see ... I'd LOVE to work something out too!! LOL

:wub:PUD FOR YRIUM OFFER ;)

3404643584_f0a75a7929.jpg

I figured it was worth a try ...

B) boysnbarrie

...there may be some Yrium cards that find their way into caches soon... ;)

Maybe we can work something out :laughing:

:laughing: um ... Is this a good time to inquire if y'all like PUD cake? Yeah, see ... I'd LOVE to work something out too!! LOL

:)PUD FOR YRIUM OFFER :D

3404643584_f0a75a7929.jpg

I figured it was worth a try ...

:( boysnbarrie

Placed a TNG#4 Lulu and TNG#9 Harmon in GC1X3QJ, Yep!! We miss her!

Introducing Yrium TNG#10 - Ginger!

d49e207e-291f-4b78-acaa-8d91a0bba642.jpg

Thanks to teamhaynes for nominating Ginger! and to Harmon, as usual, for the great design. In addition to the TNG#10 card, please be on the lookout for the Ginger! Memorial Series of Cards ("GMS Cards"):

62e4af21-9d35-498a-a969-271e3b0b6e65.jpg

aab803e8-f2f4-49da-b362-7a29acad19ec.jpg

0b9c6f25-c883-4b3f-8c35-e543d7c9c326.jpg

eba77cbe-1e01-47b4-84a6-542678d3d32e.jpg

1210daef-7777-4c5c-b42f-251e76801ba0.jpg

e5b9e97b-41d6-41da-85b3-093c5f2b5e93.jpg

Ginger! was one of the first Geo-dogs in San Diego with an account of her own and her logs are some of the most entertaining to read. She liked every Geocacher she met, but her true love and devotion was definitely her owner and waterboy Chuy! He took her chasing rabbits and hiking the trails day and night. Ginger! was the founder of the Dawg Team! and welcomed all other four or two legged cachers to join. Some of her favorite members were Willow! and her sister Mocha!. Ginger! was definitely cherished by the San Diego Geocaching community. She lost her life in a tragic accident on 8/2/09 doing what she loved most, and will be sorely missed by all.

A full set of cards was left this afternoon in Sweet Little Golden Lady. More to follow in the usual drop, probably later this afternoon. Stay tuned to this channel...

Thanks to teamhaynes for nominating Ginger! and to Harmon, as usual, for the great design. In addition to the TNG#10 card, please be on the lookout for the Ginger! Memorial Series of Cards ("GMS Cards"):

Ginger! was one of the first Geo-dogs in San Diego with an account of her own and her logs are some of the most entertaining to read. She liked every Geocacher she met, but her true love and devotion was definitely her owner and waterboy Chuy! He took her chasing rabbits and hiking the trails day and night. Ginger! was the founder of the Dawg Team! and welcomed all other four or two legged cachers to join. Some of her favorite members were Willow! and her sister Mocha!. Ginger! was definitely cherished by the San Diego Geocaching community. She lost her life in a tragic accident on 8/2/09 doing what she loved most, and will be sorely missed by all.

A full set of cards was left this afternoon in Sweet Little Golden Lady. More to follow in the usual drop, probably later this afternoon. Stay tuned to this channel...

Great design!!! She will be truly missed.

Max's Favorite Park has been seeded with a supply of both TNG#10 and GMS cards.

PLEASE DO NOT HOARD THESE!! TAKE ONE OR TWO CARDS PER PERSON.

If anyone absolutely cannot live without an entire set of the GMS cards, please contact me and either bribe me to make you a set or ask me to send you the files and you can print, cut, laminate and trim a set for yourself. Thanks, -FlagMan.

Edited by FlagMan

Raced up to Max's knowing TheFatCats and kwvers! were out of town ... and I couldn't reach TheLostClan. I figured I'd better jump into action. I took a Ginger TNG #10 card for each of the four of us, and 1 set of the Ginger Memorial cards 1-6. I'll let the others choose which Ginger Memorial card they want from those; and then I'll either put the remaining 2 cards back in Max's ... or I'll donate them at the next event. No intention of hoarding here, I promise!!

Thank you, Tom, for doing another EXCELLENT job; these are the best looking cards I think I've seen so far. Aw man ... I'm getting all choked up, again. I don't recall if I was ever blessed to meet Ginger, but I read many of her cache logs and looked forward to possibly some day joining the DAWG team on a cache run. Ginger impacted the geocaching community in a number of ways, and I'm thankful to have been touched by her life.

My prayers continue on the family's behalf.

:P boysnbarrie

Great Job!!!!!! A fitting tribute to a dog that was loved by everyone who met her. The geocaching community will sure miss her.

As they say in Indiana ... this one was spacial. Being part of the Yrium Ginger!-card design

team was as good as it gets for doing photo-layouts. Here's some related comments.

CONCEPT:

Memorial cards call for a serious and considerate approach. From the start there was a

sensible understanding that a respectful tone was called for, and followed.

LEADERSHIP:

Tom has a clear concept and excellent standards for Yrium-card designs. His strengths are

that he will consider any and all comments and suggestions but, in the end, he knows when

to say yes and when to so no. ... and that's from a lawyer for gosh sakes.

Besides, Tom handles all of the many steps of managing, producing, and distributing Yrium

cards. Three cheers for a dedicated man!

REVIEW TEAM:

This was the most unusual review team in terms of size. There were six reviewers not count-

ing Tom and I. Their contributions included review and comment with regard to the many

layouts proposed as well as providing some of the most important source-images that went

into the seven layouts. Simply said ... some really delightful friends.

SOURCE IMAGES:

Gathering useful source images for any of the Yrium layouts is always the greatest challenge.

Some images were contributed by members of the review team, and also by a few other

Geocachers. I had the idea that images might be found amongst the many cache-page entries

made by Chuy! on behalf of Ginger!. I focused on the idea that images would most likely be

uploaded to a Ginger!-find page when some other Geocacher was along with Chuy! and the

dawgs on a hunt. Sure enough that idea offered a decent payoff. On the Geocaching search

page I requested a list of all Ginger! finds; producing 146-pages of twenty cache-finds per

page. Yes, one at a time I accessed cache pages and checked for uploaded images. Result,

on the average, one useful image found per hundred cache pages.

COMMENT:

Stop using cell-phones for Geocaching photos for cryin' out loud. Too small for layouts!

Edited by SD Rowdies

I was grocery shopping and got notice that the Ginger cards were dropped. I made a dash home to drop off the groceries then head 20 minutes north to take my chances on getting some of the renowned Yrium cards. I got my first card in BnB's Trail Mix cache and am hooked. This evening I picked up a few TNG cards and one set of the Memorial cards. I'm planning give some to TheHikingMonk for his birthday and Snartleflush for kid-sitting five of his siblings so I could run out and be away even longer than planned. What a great series. Thanks!

I'm sure I saw Ginger at an event and am sorry I didn't get a chance to cache with her. I loved reading her logs as well as the loving comments from other cachers on the forum. Chuy!, I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

I went by Max's Favorite Park and checked on the supply. Sure enough, all the GMS cards are gone but there were still 8x TNG#10 cards. I added 10x TNG#10 cards, so now there are 18 of those left. I'll try and drop some more GMS cards soon.

PLEASE DON'T TAKE ENTIRE SETS OF THE GMS CARDS. JUST TAKE ONE GMS CARD AND ONE TNG#10 CARD PER PERSON.

Thanks, -FlagMan

I went by Max's Favorite Park and checked on the supply. Sure enough, all the GMS cards are gone but there were still 8x TNG#10 cards. I added 10x TNG#10 cards, so now there are 18 of those left. I'll try and drop some more GMS cards soon.

PLEASE DON'T TAKE ENTIRE SETS OF THE GMS CARDS. JUST TAKE ONE GMS CARD AND ONE TNG#10 CARD PER PERSON.

Thanks, -FlagMan

I knew it would happen one day ... an Yrium-card best seller.

Couldn't have been for a better cause, rest in peace Ginger!.

Pardon me for saying so but, knowing that we all must go

some day, from what I hear Ginger! had a proper ending to

an old country-dog's life. ... brought a reverent smile to my

face when, later on, I considered what lead to the incident.

Go Ginger!.

Thanks, -FlagMan

Go Ginger!.

BnB was true to her word and gave us TNG#10 and only one of the Ginger Memorial Cards..We chose #5...

Saw the entire set which is being spread out..Thanks BnB

Edited by kwvers!

Thanks, -FlagMan

Go Ginger!.

BnB was true to her word and gave us TNG#10 and only one of the Ginger Memorial Cards..We chose #5...

Saw the entire set which is being spread out..Thanks BnB

On the way home from Big Bear, picked up 3 TNG card #10 for myself, D5Frees (BHL) and one to place in a cache. Nicely done!! ;)

Great design!!! She will be truly missed.

Thanks Flagman for the cards. They are great. Awesome design too!!! I love card 5.

Thanks again, Hunter

:(:D:D

THANK'S TOM !!!

You have done a great job taking over the Yrium geo - card's!

We all Appreciate it more then you know !!

and yes I think Ginger's Memorial Card #5 is the best !!

:D YOUR FRIEND FATTBOY :D

Edited by FATTBOY

I was wondering if anyone had any extra yrium cards. The new generation cards #'s 1-8. If not its fine and I will have to track some down.

For sure there's two blue-spotlight versions of TNG #10 in GC1XA2A,

Sweet Little Golden Lady. Saw them today. Approach them from the

Crest trailhead as the Sycuan Summit Drive trailhead is blocked and

highly posted with No Trespassing and Keep Out signs..

Edited by SD Rowdies

I was wondering if anyone had any extra yrium cards. The new generation cards #'s 1-8. If not its fine and I will have to track some down.

For sure there's two blue-spotlight versions of TNG #10 in GC1XA2A,

Sweet Little Golden Lady. Saw them today. Approach them from the

Crest trailhead as the Sycuan Summit Drive trailhead is blocked and

highly posted with No Trespassing and Keep Out signs..

Thanks, but I already got those cards.

I've got some of those...what cache would you like to find them in? :P

Well I live in Tierrasanta but we could work a cache out. What area do you live in?

Dropped a couple sets of GMS and about 25 TNG#10 cards in the new SEH series by AzCaCachers in San Marcos/Elfin Forest today:

4x TNG#10 and 2x GMS#1 in SEH Canyon Trail Elfin Forest TH

4x TNG#10 and 2x GMS#2 in SEH Canyon Trail: Trail-side Decon

4x TNG#10 and 2x GMS#3 in SEH Suicide of Switchbacks

4x TNG#10 and 2x GMS#4 in SEH Tan Watertight

4x TNG#10 and 2x GMS#5 in SEH Microwave Access Road Sumac

4x TNG#10 and 2x GMS#6 in SEH Between Heartbreaks (or Knee Breaks)

Thanks, -FlagMan

Dropped by Max's Favorite Park this morning and grabbed one of the TNG #10 cards as per Tom's request to take only one per person. Couldn't actually justify grabbing one for my wife although I had thoughts. There were 13, TNG #10 cards remaining as of 8am today. Thanks Tom and Harmon for a job well done.

Given the significance of this place, I was hoping to drop Ginger cards into more caches today but unfortunately the majority of the caches in this area are too small... :)

...but I was able to drop the following:

1x TNG #1 and 1x GMS #4 into Only One Cylinder Firing

1x TNG #3 and 1x GMS #3 into Hills Were Made for Caches

1x TNG #4 and 1x GMS #5 into Romancing L'os (Redux)

1x TNG #5 and 1x GMS #2 into South of Sycamore

On a separate note, I saw a Condorman and a Harmon card in Runnin’ With The Pack – Boulder Mountain yesterday.

Just this morning I was admiring and counting my collection of

Yrium cards and realized that I have 111 cards in the set. Sad,

I know, an old man in his rocking chair with nothing to do but

count his collector-cards.

I suspect that my set of cards is incomplete with regard to a

small number of misprints; however, I'd rather not know for

sure. Perfect ain't possible ....

What I've learned from Yrium cards is that being a collector

is not an easy thing be. Collecting can drive you insane ...

bwah-hah-hah!

On the other hand I hear a rumor going around that soon my

collection will grow by two and I anxiously await their release.

Wonder what a twelve-step program for Yrium-card collecting

would be like? Imagine what FlagMan goes through to support

a tiny esoteric cult of Yrium-card collectors. Imagine how I feel

about yet-another dash to Max's Favorite Park for my share of

the cards. I can see it happening, one day I'll flip out over it

and unbunch my socks. Bwah-hah-hah!

158_1500.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

bwah-hah-hah!

158_1500.jpg

Got inspired to hide a few. Dropped Team Reid Yrium Memorial Card#26

The Kiss Of Midnight Yrium TNG #1

at Clean Up...Clean Up..Has Moved! by kwvers! (GC1WMBJ)

bwah-hah-hah!

158_1500.jpg

Got inspired to hide a few. Dropped Team Reid Yrium Memorial Card#26

The Kiss Of Midnight Yrium TNG #1

at Clean Up...Clean Up..Has Moved! by kwvers! (GC1WMBJ)

Dropped TNG Card 9, Harmon off in GC1XD8Q today!

Sunrise Hwy: In the Beginning