Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

:D:o

Introducing Yrium TNG #8 - LegoCollin:

2d500e0b-aa5f-4b4c-89c6-82ceae28e495.jpg

Happy Birthday, Collin, and Happy Earth Day!!

Kudos to lulu499 for selecting LegoCollin as the latest victim, and to Harmon for the card design!!

An adequate supply has been left at Max's Favorite Park and, yes, the Misprinter did strike!!

Just returned home with five TNG #8 and five TNG #8 misprint cards. Grabbed for some of the

east-county gang including Splashette, Team Fatman, FATTBOY, Map4navigation, and myself.

Remaining are seventeen TNG #8, nine TNG#8 misprints, thirty TNG #7, and eighteen TNG #7.5.

Once again my heartfelt thanks to Tom for asking me to handle the TNG #8 photo layout.

I must say that this particular effort was unique and challenging in several ways.

Consider a case in which a loving mother has recommended her own precious son, you know,

a dash of the Mother Mary and child sort of situation. Boundless pitfalls await a free-spirited

graphic artist when a mother is involved. Of course a father was involved as well but you know

how it is with guys and family photos … “Looks good t' me.”

Well I know of only two things that offer little risk when said to a woman … “Yes ma’am,” and

“Navajo White.” Luckily I chose the former response rather than the latter and that saw me

through the TNG #8 layout review with few regrets and with mom’s requirements met for the

most part.

Requirements:

Lego theme – check

Best facial shot of Collin – check

NASCAR racing – Check

Favorite NASCAR driver Tony Stewart – check

Ice hockey – check

Cat Warriors books – check

Earth day is birthday – check

Geocaching logo – check.

After several days of changes and revisions I sent the final photo-layout to FlagMan late one

night and retired with a satisfied mind. In the wee hours my pillow whispered to me, “Harmon,

I’ve got a killer-idea for a TNG #8 misprint card, wanna hear it?” I always listen to my pillow

so I was up and at it until first light of dawn. Let me ask you this, have you ever seen an image

of an old man being whispered to by his pillow? Don’t miss this chance, it’s a misprint card to

die for and I sure hope I’m not the one t’ do th’ dyin’!

Happy bearthday Collin, sure hope that you like your Yrium-card.

Thank you Tom and Nancy,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Hey Harmon,

The Yrium card you made for LegoCollin is awesome!! You did an amazing job!! Collin loves it and I love it, too!! You included all of my requests :D, and put them together very well!!

I'm sorry if I was a PITA during the planning stages :D ...I didn't realize it while you were saying "Yes ma'am." I noticed you didn't say "Yes ma'am" about the misprint card, though. :D Pretty funny!!!

Collin had a great bearthday that started out with him opening a box of TNG #8 Yrium cards (Thanks Tom!!). The smile on his face was priceless!! Thank you!!!

Oh, BTW...Navajo White?? Ick!! Passe :D

Kudos to lulu499 for selecting LegoCollin as the latest victim, and to Harmon for the card design!!

An adequate supply has been left at Max's Favorite Park and, yes, the Misprinter did strike!!

Just returned home with five TNG #8 and five TNG #8 misprint cards. Grabbed for some of the

east-county gang including Splashette, Team Fatman, FATTBOY, Map4navigation, and myself.

Remaining are seventeen TNG #8, nine TNG#8 misprints, thirty TNG #7, and eighteen TNG #7.5.

Once again my heartfelt thanks to Tom for asking me to handle the TNG #8 photo layout.

I must say that this particular effort was unique and challenging in several ways.

Consider a case in which a loving mother has recommended her own precious son, you know,

a dash of the Mother Mary and child sort of situation. Boundless pitfalls await a free-spirited

graphic artist when a mother is involved. Of course a father was involved as well but you know

Well I know of only two things that offer little risk when said to a woman … “Yes ma’am,” and

“Navajo White.” Luckily I chose the former response rather than the latter and that saw me

through the TNG #8 layout review with few regrets and with mom’s requirements met for the

most part.

Requirements:

Lego theme – check

NASCAR racing – Check

Ice hockey – check

Geocaching logo – check.

After several days of changes and revisions I sent the final photo-layout to FlagMan late one

night and retired with a satisfied mind. In the wee hours my pillow whispered to me, “Harmon,

I’ve got a killer-idea for a TNG #8 misprint card, wanna hear it?” I always listen to my pillow

so I was up and at it until first light of dawn. Let me ask you this, have you ever seen an image

of an old man being whispered to by his pillow? Don’t miss this chance, it’s a misprint card to

Thank you Tom and Nancy,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Hey Harmon,

The Yrium card you made for LegoCollin is awesome!! You did an amazing job!! Collin loves it and I love it, too!! You included all of my requests :D, and put them together very well!!

I'm sorry if I was a PITA during the planning stages :D ...I didn't realize it while you were saying "Yes ma'am." I noticed you didn't say "Yes ma'am" about the misprint card, though. :D Pretty funny!!!

Collin had a great bearthday that started out with him opening a box of TNG #8 Yrium cards (Thanks Tom!!). The smile on his face was priceless!! Thank you!!!

LegoCollin and I would like to thank FlagMan for all his time, effort and input for the TNG #8 card for LegoCollin. He suggested things for Collin's card that I hadn't even thought of. I never realized how much went in to making these cards and how dedicated Tom is to keeping them going, plus all the printing, laminating and placing, too, till being involved wtih this one.

Thanks, Tom!! You and Harmon make an awesome team!! :D

most part.

Requirements:

Lego theme – check

NASCAR racing – Check

Ice hockey – check

Geocaching logo – check.

Thank you Tom and Nancy,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Hey Harmon,

LegoCollin and I would like to thank FlagMan for all his time, effort and input for the TNG #8 card for LegoCollin. He suggested things for Collin's card that I hadn't even thought of. I never realized how much went in to making these cards and how dedicated Tom is to keeping them going, plus all the printing, laminating and placing, too, till being involved wtih this one.

Thanks, Tom!! You and Harmon make an awesome team!! :D

Yep, well done! Great detail!

most part.

Requirements:

Lego theme – check

NASCAR racing – Check

Ice hockey – check

Geocaching logo – check.

Thank you Tom and Nancy,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Hey Harmon,

Nancy,

Knowing that Collin is delighted with the outcome makes it all worth while.

I figured that he would get some cards all wrapped up for his bearthday,

and knowing that the cards wouldn't last long at Max's park made me

anxious to know that he had cards in hand.

Now as to working with you, it was a delight, yes ma'am it was. Very often

I have worked on Yrium cards with only a sketchy notion of an appropriate

concept. The risk of offending or disappoiniting always haunts me.* Only

once so far did we have to discard a layout and start over, rightfully so.

Well, you know, except for misprint cards where almost anything goes.

Look closely at the misprint card and note the color of the wall. Yep,

Navajo White even though Sandy gave some thought to going with the new

trend for bold colors throughout. Still I stick by my statement that using the

phrase "Navajo White" in conversation is a low-risk approach when speaking

around women. The other thing about that misprint card is that I finally got

my ugly face to appear on an Yrium card, sort of.

Always aiming t' please,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

* Don't start on me, I'm just a sweet ol' man in spite of the things I've done

on Forum threads.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Always aiming t' please,

Harmon

4d405c89-bba1-4715-8130-038eec62d838.jpg

Rats, I didn't see the image and so I tried the URL directly and it

resulted in a "Forbidden" message. Looked carefully at the URL for

a clue that paid off.

How funny, the December 1947 issue, what a crackup! Googled for

it and laughed out loud. That's some resemblance. An inquiring mind

wants to know how you made that connection? Sure could have saved

some effort on the TNG #8 misprint layout.

One thing for sure, with nine grandchildren in our family-unit that's an

amazing likeness. This must make no sense at all to the collectors that

missed the TNG #8 misprint. Guess they should get out of bed before

noontime, to bad.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I grabbed two of your LECC Dawg

cards from Max's Favorite Park cache. Grabbed Cards 1 and 3, the only

two in the container. Nice work I'll say.

Yeah, I know, the wall behind the bed isn't Navajo White in the Post

version.

Thanks pal,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

An inquiring mind wants to know how you made that connection?

A coincidence. Internet search on Navajo White brought me to cover pic for The Saturday Evening Post March 8, 1947.

Rats! turns out that I missed my guess. How odd that either issue fit the circumstance.

Must be some sort of Saturday Evening Post convergence thingy going on.

Introducing Yrium TNG Card #9 - Harmon

58f62b6d-beae-4c40-843d-6e3de5ce5d3d.jpg

A good supply is en-route to Max's Favorite Park as we speak. My instincts tell me that the Misprinter probably went a little crazy on this one as well. So come 'n git 'em!!

Holy croak, what a surprise!

Hey look everybody, I've hit the big-time.

Uh-oh, how many times have I set myself up for a misprint

card? I can just imagine payback-time and, worse yet, the

Splashes are the rascals behind this selection.

I knew one day that taking up digital photography would

come back to haunt me. Should have stuck with film.

Yeppur, that's me on the card all right ... the day I was

too far up on the flanks of Otay Mountain and certain to

get home past my curfew.

Why was I too far up on the flanks of Otay Mountain?

Another rascal named Jodi made me go up there to visit

yet-another of my many "resting places."

Thank you Tom and Janie and Steve. I'm really pleased

to be featured on an Yrium card and, besides, I didn't

have to do the photo layouts this time around.

(Truth is I really like doing the layouts.)

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Edited by SD Rowdies

A good supply is en-route to Max's Favorite Park as we speak. My instincts tell me that the Misprinter probably went a little crazy on this one as well. So come 'n git 'em!!

get home past my curfew.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

I little explanation is in order, I think. The design of this card is simple because how could we possibly 'shop anything worthy of the Master?!? So, instead, we opted for one of the few self-portraits ever posted to a log entry by Harmon. The Misprints (12 of them), on the other hand, are quite numerous and represent many facets of Harmon including:

-The Unbunched Sock Police

-The Donut Eyed Paper Hat Monster

-The Signature Cowboy Hat

-The "Nun"

-The King of Fashion

-The Sexy Senior

-The Tunnel of Love

-Private PUD Cake

And a couple more... About time you got your very own card, Harmon!! (YMS #3 doesn't quite cut it...)

Stopped by after watching tonight's International Space Station flyover to pick up my first TNG card. What could be better than to start the TNG series with Harmon, a GC Hall of Famer if there ever was one. Left three different lizards in exchange for a regular TNG #9, one of the two identical misprints showing Harmon with his lovely bridge, and an unbunched socks misprint. I might have to get back into the Yrium habit. Thanks, Tom!

-Gecko Dad

Yay! We got there before they were all gone! :unsure:

We grabbed 4 traditional cards, and 8 different misprints. We're keeping a traditional, the Signature Cowboy Hat, and the Tunnel of Love (thought this was maybe from Carl Jr's 500th, but it's from a similar one that we've solved but haven't yet found)

The other 3 traditionals are for kwvers!, boysnbarrie, and The Lost Clan, plus they'll each get two different misprints. I wish I'd recognized the PUD cake card, so I could grab one for Barrie...hopefully she'll be able to trade with someone for one!

get home past my curfew.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

I little explanation is in order, I think. The design of this card is simple because how could we possibly 'shop anything worthy of the Master?!? So, instead, we opted for one of the few self-portraits ever posted to a log entry by Harmon. The Misprints (12 of them), on the other hand, are quite numerous and represent many facets of Harmon including:

-The Unbunched Sock Police

-The Donut Eyed Paper Hat Monster

-The Signature Cowboy Hat

-The "Nun"

-The King of Fashion

-The Sexy Senior

-The Tunnel of Love

-Private PUD Cake

And a couple more... About time you got your very own card, Harmon!! (YMS #3 doesn't quite cut it...)

Holy croak, for the second time, multiple misprints you say?

Mischievous sins of the grampa come back to haunt ...the

grampa. Now I'm really worried.

Photoshop payback is it? Oddly enough it is my practice to

avoid being photographed and it seems you've noticed that

trait. Having grown old and ugly it seems to me it is a favor

to my friends, not appearing in photos so's they don't have

to invent neutral comments about the result.

Yesterday Tom called to advise that I didn't need to rush

out to Max's park for a set of the cards. So actually I

haven't seen the set as yet, hmm, would Tom and Janie

pull such a mischievous trick on me ... make me climb

high places to gather a set? Naw, surely they wouldn't do

that to me.

Would they?

Surprised & delighted,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Yay! We got there before they were all gone! :unsure:

We grabbed 4 traditional cards, and 8 different misprints. We're keeping a traditional, the Signature Cowboy Hat, and the Tunnel of Love (thought this was maybe from Carl Jr's 500th, but it's from a similar one that we've solved but haven't yet found)

The other 3 traditionals are for kwvers!, boysnbarrie, and The Lost Clan, plus they'll each get two different misprints. I wish I'd recognized the PUD cake card, so I could grab one for Barrie...hopefully she'll be able to trade with someone for one!

All gone! ... say it isn't so!

Last night I went to bed feeling quite smug about being honored

by a personal Yrium card. In the wee hours my pillow started

whispering to me once again ... it said "Harmon old boy, have

you gone completely stupid? You didn't rush out and gather a

set of your personal Yrium cards. Duh!"

I've got to rethink the pillow I use ... it's the one my ex-nun wife

swiped from the convent when she broke out.

that to me.

Would they?

Surprised & delighted,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Nah, :cool: I don't think they'd do THAT ... but then again, I don't really know them too well. They seem like nice folk, tho :unsure: . If it turns out you need t' hike to some high place off in the wilderness in the baking hot blazing sun with little to no cloud cover at all ... well, let me know and I'll bring ya a piece of PUD cake for the trail. Yeah, I'll meet ya at the trailhead, with my AC on, pass ya the PUD w/ a napkin, and wish ya well! Hmmm, I should prolly bring ya some water too, huh? Yeah ... so y'all don't die out there! LOL!!

Conga Rats on the honors, Harmon!

that to me.

Would they?

Surprised & delighted,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Nah, :cool: I don't think they'd do THAT ... but then again, I don't really know them too well. They seem like nice folk, tho :unsure: . If it turns out you need t' hike to some high place off in the wilderness in the baking hot blazing sun with little to no cloud cover at all ... well, let me know and I'll bring ya a piece of PUD cake for the trail. Yeah, I'll meet ya at the trailhead, with my AC on, pass ya the PUD w/ a napkin, and wish ya well! Hmmm, I should prolly bring ya some water too, huh? Yeah ... so y'all don't die out there! LOL!!

Conga Rats on the honors, Harmon!

One thang f'r shore, I meet th' nicest people.

Barrie, yo'r heartfelt offer brangs tayers to m'

eyes.

One thing I've learned from all of this is to be

more careful about posting photos of myself.

I can't believe I've let that many slip through

my filter.

All gone! ... say it isn't so!

No, they're not all gone...

I think there were maybe 14 or so assorted misprints left, plus a good stack of traditionals. Still plenty to go around for those folks who didn't make it out there last night! We limited ourselves to one traditional and two misprints each. :unsure:

Alright, you wanna see the misprints?!? Here they are:

ea2291ef-aacd-497b-82a7-e696bfa2950c.jpg

50350219-51f1-460c-b631-589a53c8b0f1.jpg

Hope you like 'em!!

Like 'em? I love them!!! Couldn't have happened to a umm... "nicer" guy, congrats Harmon! :D

Risked my marriage to my lovely wife and headed out in the "wee hours" as Harmon put it...

thought I scored a full set of misprints, but it looks like I only got about half a set or so... :cool:

So yeah that was me ypur pillow was talking to you about last night Harmon, sorry 'bout that. Sorta.

The good news is Jess and I will be in close proximity to the perpetrator of the above offenses against your fine upstanding character, so not to worry, we'll see what we can do to make this right again. :unsure::D

Took remaining misprints and 1xTNG#9, about a dozen remained in the cache.

J&J&J

Hmmm. Well, I know TheFatCats got me a card and 2 misprints ... but I really want one of the PUD cards. So I think when I get off work today, I will skeedaddle on up there. If someone already knows there are no more PUD cards left ... pls send me an email asap. I'll get it via my phone.

Hmmm. Well, I know TheFatCats got me a card and 2 misprints ... but I really want one of the PUD cards. So I think when I get off work today, I will skeedaddle on up there. If someone already knows there are no more PUD cards left ... pls send me an email asap. I'll get it via my phone.

I rechecked the cards we took, and we did grab a PUD cake card (Mom must have chosen it because I don't remember taking it), so Barrie will get that one and all is good again in the Yrium universe! :blink:

Barrie,

Think of it ... me and your delicious PUD cake on an Yrium misprint card.

Looks like both of us have hit the big-time. Your PUD cake was the very

best I've ever eaten on the top of Otay Mountain. That particular misprint

card might make a terrific screen-saver image for my desktop. Yum, ain't

digital photography grand?

Your pal,

Harmon

Barrie,

Your pal,

Harmon

Harmon,

Now that you've mentioned it, I shor did do my best to express myself with that thar cake ... the artist in me suddenly took over! Soon it became more than a mere cake. It became a :( work of art, if I do say so myself. I'm so glad you appreciate my baked PUD art. Wow, a screen saver, eh? Woo hoo! who wudda thunk I'd ever make it this far :blink: .

I do need to thank Jahoadi for all of this tho ... she's the one who twisted my ... uh, I mean encouraged me to make it in the first place. That's right. Thank you Jahoadi, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be spending my spare time making PUD art. :(

Barrie,

Your pal,

Harmon

Harmon,

Now that you've mentioned it, I shor did do my best to express myself with that thar cake ... the artist in me suddenly took over! Soon it became more than a mere cake. It became a :( work of art, if I do say so myself. I'm so glad you appreciate my baked PUD art. Wow, a screen saver, eh? Woo hoo! who wudda thunk I'd ever make it this far :blink: .

I do need to thank Jahoadi for all of this tho ... she's the one who twisted my ... uh, I mean encouraged me to make it in the first place. That's right. Thank you Jahoadi, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be spending my spare time making PUD art. :(

Hmm, it seems that I have a knack for meeting a lot of the same

sort of women.

You know the kind, women that have a really good B.S. detector.

Love it,

Harmon

So how does this work? Do you collect them and trade them? Also how do you have them made for you?

It's all in here: Yrium Udesignit TB

That's awesome. I hope we can get it when you drop it because I have a person in mind.

In that case do start thinking about a layout theme and making sure that a lot of high-

resolution source images are available to support the intended theme. Be careful what

you wish for 'cause sponsoring an Yrium card is not so different from planning and

producing a wedding album.

Yeah, and wait until you get the bill ... sticker shock. (No charge actually, just the pain of

working with a couple of serious graphic designers.)

Edited by SD Rowdies

So how does this work? Do you collect them and trade them? Also how do you have them made for you?

It's all in here: Yrium Udesignit TB

That's awesome. I hope we can get it when you drop it because I have a person in mind.

In that case do start thinking about a layout theme and making sure that a lot of high-

resolution source images are available to support the intended theme. Be careful what

you wish for 'cause sponsoring an Yrium card is not so different from planning and

producing a wedding album.

Yeah, and wait until you get the bill ... sticker shock. (No charge actually, just the pain of

working with a couple of serious graphic designers.)

We need a TNG #1 - The Kiss of Midnight to complete our current collection which is meager to say the less...Any contributions or trades would be appreciated...We may have a few duplicates..e-mail us for more info

We need a TNG #1 - The Kiss of Midnight to complete our current collection which is meager to say the less...Any contributions or trades would be appreciated...We may have a few duplicates..e-mail us for more info

Best bet would be to go back to page No. 27 of this thread and start tracking

down TNG #1 placements mentioned there. Might be a lot of detective work.

Often Yrium cards are taken without being mentioned in a finder's log entry.

The other thing is ... didn't Gecko Dad place his entire set of Yrium cards

into a Geocache at the top of some far-away peak? I'm sure that there's

mention of that on one of the pages of this Forum Thread.

Now if you are really desperate and foolishly hopeful ... two or three years

ago I saw one or two Yrium cards on display amongst a collector's set of

things taken from Geocaches shown at the Del Mar Fair. The display actually

had an award ribbon ... like third place. You know, next year .... :o

In my own case the Devhead red-stapler misprint is at the top of my Yrium

card wish-list. As far as I know that's the only missing card in my otherwise

complete set. Well, except that I have copies rather than originals of the

Yrium's Pals series. O yeah, there's the two actual-misprint misprint-cards

missing from my set as well.

No doubt that there's other misprints that were done before I started collect-

ing and so I'm not aware of them. Maybe it's best that I don't know if there

are other holes in my set of cards.

Perfect ain't possible.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Perfect ain't possible.

Ask and ye shall receive. I will make a point of placing some of the needed cards in a cache near you soon...

Perfect ain't possible.

Ask and ye shall receive. I will make a point of placing some of the needed cards in a cache near you soon...

Just a thought, but maybe you could place some of the Kiss of Midnight cards in The Kiss of Midnight, kind of an extra reward for those who complete that most excellent cache!... :)

Perfect ain't possible.

Just a thought, but maybe you could place some of the Kiss of Midnight cards in The Kiss of Midnight, kind of an extra reward for those who complete that most excellent cache!... :)

hmmm. I haven't done the Kiss of Midnight cache yet...I'll do some added research too as to where I may find a few cards..I'll be watching!

We went the other day to Max's Favorite Park cache and started our collection by getting a TNG-#7 and #9 and we want to know someone has extra's of numbers 1-6 that can give us a couple?

I have an extra TNG card #4, Lulu 499! What ya got to trade???

I don't have any extra's right now.

We went the other day to Max's Favorite Park cache and started our collection by getting a TNG-#7 and #9 and we want to know someone has extra's of numbers 1-6 that can give us a couple?

January 8, 2004 by yrium (169 found)

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

“Yaaaaagh!” I scream as the cold wet nose pokes me in the armpit for the umpteenth time. “What is your malfunction numb nuts?” I ask Gromit who has finally been able to get my attention. “Can’t you see I’m working?”.

Gromit doesn’t care. He’s just sitting there with his sad eyes imploring me for something, anything… He puts on his most ‘I’m bored, you gotta play with me’ face.

“Buddy, I can’t just drop my work every ten minutes to entertain you. You’ll just have to wait”. With that I return my attention back to the screen. I’m formulating some test data to run thru my latest program and I’m bored out of my mind but playing fetch the stuffed animal doesn’t exactly pay the bills so I continue inputting data.

A few productive minutes go by and then…

Poke…

“Gromit!” I yell exasperatedly, “What do you want? I gotta work. We can’t play till later”.

Gromit stares at me then glances over at the walking stick by the door. Its clear that he’s trying to use his canine mental powers to plant the suggestion in my mind that we should take a break from work and go for a walk. I put up a mental shield to protect my thoughts but it’s too late. For some reason the urge to check out geocaching.com pops up in my brain. I’m not actually planning on going hunting, but it would be okay to check to see if any new caches had been placed nearby. Maybe we could go at the end of the day.

Oh man! Dan-oh has just hid a cache and it’s only two miles away. I try to hold tuff but I take one more look at Gromit’s beseeching eyes imploring me to do something with him and my resolve crumbles.

“Come on Dude, lets go get well rounded” I say. A few happy backflips later and Gromit and I are in the car heading for the cache. Looks like an urban cache. My weak spindly legs will probably be up to searching for the cache today I think to myself as we pass the front of the Art Center looking for the entrance to the parking lot.

We’re here. We both pile out of the car and start our search. I can tell Gromit’s not overly thrilled with the parking lot. He was probably expecting a romp thru some meadow somewhere but he’s happy to be out in the fresh air, and he does always enjoy trying to figure out what exactly I’m doing when I study the hard yellow thing.

We found it! Cool cache. I took a half dollar and replaced it with a whole one and then looking at the size of the container decided nobody would object if I forced five copies of my latest geocacher trading cards inside. These are #1 in the second series of the Yrium’s Pals line featuring Flagman’s Flagson Andrew. We re-hid the container and were back home in just a few minutes. As I set myself down in front of the computer to resume my work I was thinking to myself “That ought to hold him for a while”.

Poke…

“Yaaaaagh! Gromit!”

Thanks for the cache Dan-oh,

--- yrium ---

[view this log]

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

“Yaaaaagh!” I scream as the cold wet nose pokes me in the armpit for the umpteenth time. “What is your malfunction numb nuts?” I ask Gromit who has finally been able to get my attention. “Can’t you see I’m working?”.

Gromit doesn’t care. He’s just sitting there with his sad eyes imploring me for something, anything… He puts on his most ‘I’m bored, you gotta play with me’ face.

“Buddy, I can’t just drop my work every ten minutes to entertain you. You’ll just have to wait”. With that I return my attention back to the screen. I’m formulating some test data to run thru my latest program and I’m bored out of my mind but playing fetch the stuffed animal doesn’t exactly pay the bills so I continue inputting data.

Poke…

“Gromit!” I yell exasperatedly, “What do you want? I gotta work. We can’t play till later”.

Gromit stares at me then glances over at the walking stick by the door. Its clear that he’s trying to use his canine mental powers to plant the suggestion in my mind that we should take a break from work and go for a walk. I put up a mental shield to protect my thoughts but it’s too late. For some reason the urge to check out geocaching.com pops up in my brain. I’m not actually planning on going hunting, but it would be okay to check to see if any new caches had been placed nearby. Maybe we could go at the end of the day.

Oh man! Dan-oh has just hid a cache and it’s only two miles away. I try to hold tuff but I take one more look at Gromit’s beseeching eyes imploring me to do something with him and my resolve crumbles.

“Come on Dude, lets go get well rounded” I say. A few happy backflips later and Gromit and I are in the car heading for the cache. Looks like an urban cache. My weak spindly legs will probably be up to searching for the cache today I think to myself as we pass the front of the Art Center looking for the entrance to the parking lot.

We’re here. We both pile out of the car and start our search. I can tell Gromit’s not overly thrilled with the parking lot. He was probably expecting a romp thru some meadow somewhere but he’s happy to be out in the fresh air, and he does always enjoy trying to figure out what exactly I’m doing when I study the hard yellow thing.

We found it! Cool cache. I took a half dollar and replaced it with a whole one and then looking at the size of the container decided nobody would object if I forced five copies of my latest geocacher trading cards inside. These are #1 in the second series of the Yrium’s Pals line featuring Flagman’s Flagson Andrew. We re-hid the container and were back home in just a few minutes. As I set myself down in front of the computer to resume my work I was thinking to myself “That ought to hold him for a while”.

Poke…

“Yaaaaagh! Gromit!”

--- yrium ---

[view this log]

Picked up 3 TNG#9 from Max's Park and left 2 in the bag!

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

Poke…

“Yaaaaagh! Gromit!”

--- yrium ---

[view this log]

Picked up 3 TNG#9 from Max's Park and left 2 in the bag!

What you leave?