Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

:rolleyes: Wow, you shore did go to an awful lotta trouble to git me that card, girlfriend! When TheHikingMonk tol' me he seen evidence (and he took :santa: a picture of it!), I thot to myself ...

"Self? Ya mean Harmon wudn't pullin' yer leg?" :santa:

e2533c3d-0cb9-47fa-a24b-178bc6c21a61.jpg

Golly, I shore do feel bad now ... doubtin' ol' Harmon n' all. I can only hope you'll find it in your heart to fergive me one day, Harmon. I'm mighty grateful to The Fat Cats, tho, for thinkin' o' me as they made that wild ride! Yeeee HAW!! :santa: Next time, may I ride along?

how'd I do that?

Somehow I must have opened up the wrong browser ... and I thought HTG posted something, and discovered it was me :santa: . LOL Whoops!

"Ya mean Harmon wudn't pullin' yer leg?" :)

e2533c3d-0cb9-47fa-a24b-178bc6c21a61.jpg

Golly, I shore do feel bad now ... doubtin' ol' Harmon n' all. I can only hope

you'll find it in your heart to fergive me one day, Harmon.

Why I oughta ... but then, any PUD cake baker is a lifelong friend of mine.

Too bad I didn't have witnesses to the incident. When I poked my head up out

of th' bushes all I could see was smokin' tires, car parts all over the parking

lot, and the nether part of some black jeans pokin' up out of th' bushes over by

the "Max's Favorite Park" Geocache.

The member of The Fat Cats that shall remain nameless for reasons cited before

was shouting "Praise th' Lord, they ain't all gone."

Imagine how rerlieved I was, no question about it. If I was caught holdin' th' last

few Kwver! cards I would have been in for a major body-slam. Who would think

that Geocaching could be so much fun?

Glad you got a photo of the RAV4 tracks where she jumped th' curb ... I call that a

serious Geotrail!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Introducing the newest addition to the TNG Series, #6 - Snake & Rooster

de81e2cc-a4f1-4459-99b4-06f06bd36f01.jpg

Thanks to Chuy! for the selection and Harmon, of course, for all the graphic design work.

Several copies are available at Max's Favorite Park, along with the inevitable misprints... Note that the container has been replaced with a larger container and it is not at the base of the light pole just a few feet from its previous location...

Thanks to Chuy! for the selection and Harmon, of course, for all the graphic design work.

Several copies are available at Max's Favorite Park, along with the inevitable misprints... Note that the container has been replaced with a larger container and it is not at the base of the light pole just a few feet from its previous location...

Rats! y' mean I'll need my GPS?

Congratulations to Snake & Rooster!

Nice job once again Flagman.

Update, 7:30 pm - Grabbed four sets,

one set each for Splashette, Jahoadi,

Chuy!, and myself.

The bonus round surprised me, missed that

intent during our many email exchanges.

That makes TNG #6 unique ... wouldn't you

know that it would be the Snake & Rooster

cards?

The cards sure look different under sodium

lighting. The graphic layouts came off well

on the cards. Photographic layouts tend to

crowd the limited space. I'm quite pleased

with this set.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Edited by SD Rowdies

:grin::cry: Boohoo...! :grin::cry:

I stopped by Max's last night and all the S&R's were gone...

(3x Kwvers were still there though...)

There were a couple left after I took two yesterday, but I think maybe FATTBOY got them. I know Fat Cats were there before me - I didn't see any new skid marks though! :D

I sure hope some Yrium cards make it to the campout raffle! (hint, hint!) :D

There were a couple left after I took two yesterday, but I think maybe FATTBOY got them. I know Fat Cats were there before me - I didn't see any new skid marks though! :D

I sure hope some Yrium cards make it to the campout raffle! (hint, hint!) :D

Hey! why aren't you collectors logging your Yrium grabs on this thread and on Max's Favorite web page?

Edited by SD Rowdies

My bad...I'm behind on all my logging, including here.

I took four sets of S&R cards, one each for: The Lost Clan, kwvers!, boysnbarrie and us. Turns out TLC was able to make it over and she grabbed one for herself, so I have one extra which I'll drop into a cache somewhere.

After I left, there were still five regular S&Rs (TNG 6), five kwvers! (TNG 5), and two Lulu499s (TNG 4).

I'll be sure to log right away from now on...sorry.

I took four sets of S&R cards, one each for: The Lost Clan, kwvers!, boysnbarrie and us. Turns out TLC was able to make it over and she grabbed one for herself, so I have one extra which I'll drop into a cache somewhere.

After I left, there were still five regular S&Rs (TNG 6), five kwvers! (TNG 5), and two Lulu499s (TNG 4).

O please, no you're not sorry ... more like ready to give me a swat in the behind, yes?

O please, no you're not sorry ... more like ready to give me a swat in the behind, yes?

Before I get chastised :) , I also took a kwvers! and a lulu499 for Silver Horde. I didn't realize I should be logging them - so sorry! :rolleyes: I'll fix that immediately.

:ph34r: Thank you Fat Cats! I just got home from visiting halftrack guy and celebrating his graduation from Army BCT in South Carolina. You are SOOooo sweet to remember me. Are you wanting a PUD cake as a pay off?

boysnbarrie

:D No PUD required, but I'm sure if you bring one to the campout, you'll find volunteers to taste test! :laughing:

Rooster and I feel honored. We have not stopped laughing since we saw them. Thank you.

You guys were long overdue. My favorite is the Happy Festivus misprint, but Harmon, as always, did an excellent job on the cards, including, I think, an unprecedented 2nd misprint.

Rooster and I feel honored. We have not stopped laughing since we saw them. Thank you.

You guys were long overdue. My favorite is the Happy Festivus misprint, but Harmon, as always, did an excellent job on the cards, including, I think, an unprecedented 2nd misprint.

Working on the TNG #6 layout was a breeze because Chuy!

and FlagMan had clearly-expressed concepts. I feel ever-so

lucky about having so many Yrium-card assignments.

I went up to Max's today to grab the two new cards, and I couldn't believe that I was the first one there!

Where is everybody? :)

Anyway, I took 3 of each and one S&R. One set for Harmon, one set for Lil Splash, and one set for us. The S&R is also for Lil Splash.

The cards are so professional looking...........Wow! You guys are great! :):D

Thanks!

Splashette :huh:

I went up to Max's today to grab the two new cards, and I couldn't believe that I was the first one there!

Where is everybody? :)

Anyway, I took 3 of each and one S&R. One set for Harmon, one set for Lil Splash, and one set for us. The S&R is also for Lil Splash.

The cards are so professional looking...........Wow! You guys are great! :):D

Thanks!

Splashette :huh:

Just my luck, in the dentist's chair and doing some final tasks on the new

master-bathroom when FlagMan releases the latest Yrium Cards. Janie,

your such a pal.

Doing Yrium layouts is great fun, especially now that I'm using Photoshop

CS4. The tricky part of Yrium-card layouts is gathering useful source

material and inside stories about new honorees.

Anybody that hopes to become an Yrium-card honoree should punch up

their profile page and expand their profile photo gallery using decent

images.

If your cell-phone has a camera feature ...

STOP USING IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Otay?

Edited by SD Rowdies

I just had to stop by Max's Favorite Park with zeber on our way to caching in MTRP this morning. I took 4 sets of the new cards - one each for myself, The Fat Cats, kwvers! and Silver Horde. I ran into Duck before the event and he didn't know about his card - he was thrilled to be the subject of one. Great job on the cards, Harmon!

I just had to stop by Max's Favorite Park with zeber on our way to caching in MTRP this morning. I took 4 sets of the new cards - one each for myself, The Fat Cats, kwvers! and Silver Horde. I ran into Duck before the event and he didn't know about his card - he was thrilled to be the subject of one. Great job on the cards, Harmon!

Aw shucks.

The Condor Man card was interesting because the best image

I could find of the old Disney poster was of a wrinkled and

folded collectable offered on eBay. Had to spend quite a bit

of time restoring and modifying the source image.

Note that the background of the TNG version was changed to

feature the San Diego skyline as seen from Coronado and also

the California Tower and Museum-of-Man dome from Balboa

Park. Yes, of course, that's Condor Man's Kawasaki and also

that's the 101st Dalmatian cache-container in the layout. A

minor layout issue is that the poster featured the title as

"Condorman" rather than "Condor Man," but hey, I got lazy.

At times I wish for larger Yrium cards, but then, it sure made

sense to make them the same size as baseball trading cards.

So who's next? There's a uDesignit card up on a tiny little peak

near Iron Mountain just a short stroll from Highway 67.

Edited by SD Rowdies

So who's next? There's a uDesignit card up on a tiny little peak

near Iron Mountain just a short stroll from Highway 67.

Actually, lulu499 has the uDesignit Card. She made that short stroll just a week ago or so...

I made my way up to Max's after church this afternoon in my Sunday best, with Eeno1. While I was in the bushes with Eeno1, I began to ask myself a few things ...

"I wonder how many people have come to this cache in :angry: a skirt and heels."

and ...

"I wonder :D if anyone is watching us two obviously over-dressed women (for the park setting) ... going into these bushes, bending over, etc."

and then finally ...

"I wonder :D if any cards are going to be left."

Thankfully, there were still a few cards! I took one each of the #7 and #7.5. Eeno1 decided to also take one each. One of each were left in the cache, along with several S & R cards (I didn't count them). You did a fantastic job on these - well done to Harmon and FlagMan!

I made my way up to Max's after church this afternoon in my Sunday best, with Eeno1. While I was in the bushes with Eeno1, I began to ask myself a few things ...

"I wonder how many people have come to this cache in :angry: a skirt and heels."

and ...

"I wonder :D if anyone is watching us two obviously over-dressed women (for the park setting) ... going into these bushes, bending over, etc."

and then finally ...

"I wonder :D if any cards are going to be left."

Thankfully, there were still a few cards! I took one each of the #7 and #7.5. Eeno1 decided to also take one each. One of each were left in the cache, along with several S & R cards (I didn't count them). You did a fantastic job on these - well done to Harmon and FlagMan!

What? ... no photos of skirts and heels?

That would be a terrific graphic-layout for an Yrium card one day.

Skirts and heels at Max's Favorite Park cache, once in a lifetime

opportunity that slipped away. What am I going to do with you

Geocachers?

Kind of funny how Max's Favorite Park caches has turned into a

Costco type of operation. Now it's five or ten grabs at a time. I

thought the price-drop of gasoline would return things to normal

where one could always meet two or three Yrium collectors out

to grab their set of new cards, usually late-night or even wee

hours as well.

So Lulu499 has the uDesignit does she? I forgot to post a watch

on that cache so I missed the grab. Here we go again?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

I am truly honored and very surprised that I had become a geocache trading card.

My friends and family members were also shocked when I showed them the card.

Thanks again to all who were responsible. This makes my hobby that much more enjoyable.

Happy caching!

-Darold

I really haven't paid much attention to the Yrium cards since the originals were put out,

but I was at GC1ENZA chirp chirp in Temecula on 1-30-09 (the nano/micro capitol of the world)

and I spotted the Snake & Rooster tng card 6 and picked it up.

I'm glad to see the tradition is being carried on, I know he would have loved to see it carried on :D

Introducing Yrium TNG #8 - LegoCollin:

2d500e0b-aa5f-4b4c-89c6-82ceae28e495.jpg

Happy Birthday, Collin, and Happy Earth Day!!

Kudos to lulu499 for selecting LegoCollin as the latest victim, and to Harmon for the card design!!

An adequate supply has been left at Max's Favorite Park and, yes, the Misprinter did strike!!

Just returned home with five TNG #8 and five TNG #8 misprint cards. Grabbed for some of the

east-county gang including Splashette, Team Fatman, FATTBOY, Map4navigation, and myself.

Remaining are seventeen TNG #8, nine TNG#8 misprints, thirty TNG #7, and eighteen TNG #7.5.

Once again my heartfelt thanks to Tom for asking me to handle the TNG #8 photo layout.

I must say that this particular effort was unique and challenging in several ways.

Consider a case in which a loving mother has recommended her own precious son, you know,

a dash of the Mother Mary and child sort of situation. Boundless pitfalls await a free-spirited

graphic artist when a mother is involved. Of course a father was involved as well but you know

how it is with guys and family photos … “Looks good t' me.”

Well I know of only two things that offer little risk when said to a woman … “Yes ma’am,” and

“Navajo White.” Luckily I chose the former response rather than the latter and that saw me

through the TNG #8 layout review with few regrets and with mom’s requirements met for the

most part.

Requirements:

Lego theme – check

Best facial shot of Collin – check

NASCAR racing – Check

Favorite NASCAR driver Tony Stewart – check

Ice hockey – check

Cat Warriors books – check

Earth day is birthday – check

Geocaching logo – check.

After several days of changes and revisions I sent the final photo-layout to FlagMan late one

night and retired with a satisfied mind. In the wee hours my pillow whispered to me, “Harmon,

I’ve got a killer-idea for a TNG #8 misprint card, wanna hear it?” I always listen to my pillow

so I was up and at it until first light of dawn. Let me ask you this, have you ever seen an image

of an old man being whispered to by his pillow? Don’t miss this chance, it’s a misprint card to

die for and I sure hope I’m not the one t’ do th’ dyin’!

Happy bearthday Collin, sure hope that you like your Yrium-card.

Thank you Tom and Nancy,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Edited by SD Rowdies

Wow, awesome job on Collin's card Harmon!

They just keep getting better 'n better! :D

I just now turned on my computer (I had to fire up the Red Baron and do some mowing on the north 40 this morning) and saw that the new cards had been put out and my heart sank because I thought they'd be all gone. Thanks so much for picking up the cards for us! Now, maybe I'll have to quit stalking you for those sarcasm pills layout! (actually the pills are working, I'm a happy camper these days!) :)

Splashette :D

I just now turned on my computer (I had to fire up the Red Baron and do some mowing on the north 40 this morning) and saw that the new cards had been put out and my heart sank because I thought they'd be all gone. Thanks so much for picking up the cards for us! Now, maybe I'll have to quit stalking you for those sarcasm pills layout! (actually the pills are working, I'm a happy camper these days!) :)

Janie,

I'm ever-so pleased that your visit to Dr. Sarcasma payed off, you know, for

my own sake. Maybe now I can come out of hiding.

Good guess that this set of cards will go fast knowing that a mom is involved.

Ridin' the Red Baron again huh? Steve must be ever-so proud of you the way

you handle power equipment while he's fiddling around in air-conditioned

equipment rooms.

Your pal,

Harmon

Janie,

equipment rooms.

Your pal,

Harmon

:D Harmon did ya pick one up for me? you know I'm busy placing rest stop caches for you.. I never make it north of I- 8 very often! :D

Janie,

equipment rooms.

Your pal,

Harmon

:D Harmon did ya pick one up for me? you know I'm busy placing rest stop caches for you.. I never make it north of I- 8 very often! :D

Jodi dear,

For a pal like you I'll make sure you get a set of the cards.

Should have grabbed a set for you right away but over-

looked the fact that you live in Methico.

Time passes ...

I'm good to go with this so send me an email with your

mailing address. Made it there and back just in front of

the bow-wave of the 15/52 commute.

Actually I need the same sort of email from Team Fatman

FATTBOY, and Map4nav'. No problem in Janie's case, I'll

just toss her cards onto the new-mown lawn she cut today.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

I'll be coming to town this weekend and I realise I''m just not into the Yrium cards as much as some others are.

So...I'll be releasing some Vintage Yrium cards that I have.

Yes....these suckers are the original ones that Yrium himself printed before he passed away.

The one's I'll be passing along are the Yrium's Pals series

(Kind of like the Honus Wagner T206 of Yrium cards)

Including: Zcat, Whistlestick, Mark71mark, Gromit, Iron Chef, Jeremy, Splashman &Splashette,

Gumby and Pokey, sotrk, Bikedog, and some others.

Keep an eye out to complete a hard to complete collection.

--TT--

I'll be coming to town this weekend and I realise I''m just not into the Yrium cards as much as some others are.

So...I'll be releasing some Vintage Yrium cards that I have.

Yes....these suckers are the original ones that Yrium himself printed before he passed away.

The one's I'll be passing along are the Yrium's Pals series

(Kind of like the Honus Wagner T206 of Yrium cards)

Including: Zcat, Whistlestick, Mark71mark, Gromit, Iron Chef, Jeremy, Splashman & Splashette,

Gumby and Pokey, sotrk, Bikedog, and some others.

Keep an eye out to complete a hard to complete collection.

--TT--

TT,

That's great, a real boost for some serious collector.

One of my Geocaching regrets is that I wasn't able to do

the layout for your Yrium card, although your existing

card is exceptional. I would have used the photo of your

crushed elbow.

Hmm, that crushed-elbow photo hasn't been posted on a

Forum thread in a very long time.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies