Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

I've been a little derelict in my duty in reporting caches where I have dropped Yrium cards. Here are some links to log entries where you will find some cards:

IHO Florida Gators

Phil's Memorial Cache

Laguna #1

Nobel Cache

Type IV Cache of Holding

That Dam Cache

FlagMan said he left 3x TNG#3 in Type IV Cache of Holding. I took one, which leaves 4x still in the cache (not sure how that works. It must be TT puzzle math...) He also left some of the classics so if you are looking to fill in some holes in your collection, this might be a place to find 'em...

I've been a little derelict in my duty in reporting caches where I have dropped Yrium cards. Here are some links to log entries where you will find some cards:

IHO Florida Gators

Phil's Memorial Cache

Laguna #1

Nobel Cache

Type IV Cache of Holding

That Dam Cache

FlagMan said he left 3x TNG#3 in Type IV Cache of Holding. I took one, which leaves 4x still in the cache (not sure how that works. It must be TT puzzle math...) He also left some of the classics so if you are looking to fill in some holes in your collection, this might be a place to find 'em...

I must admit to being a bit delirious with the incredible view from where I sat down to make my trades, so I can easily see how 3x might have really been 5x...

Dropped 6x Yrium TNG#3 cards in Max's Favorite Park to celebrate it's (and Harmon's) triumphant return...

Monday, 10/29/2007, 9:00 pm.

Could not resist a chance to pick up my first TNG card. Took one standard and one misprint and left a micro Geocoin. Guess I will have to start thinking about diverting my attention to caches closer to home that might have TNG #1 and #2.

-Gecko Dad

FlagMan,

Thanks for the convenient location. It looked like I was going to miss out on TNG #3. Luckily Splashette called and asked me to spend today Geocaching with her. Sure was a welcome break from day after day of handling final affairs for my dad. Once I logged todays finds I just set my jaw and made a run for the money. Luckily there were cards remaining in the cache. Arrived at about 7:15 pm so the perfect coordinates were delightful.

Took two TNG #3 and two misprints to fill out Janie's and my set of Yrium cards. Two TNG #3 and two related misprints remain in the container.

Thanks for the convenient hide Tom, I appreciate that very much.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

FlagMan,

Thanks for the convenient location. It looked like I was going to miss out on TNG #3. Luckily Splashette called and asked me to spend today Geocaching with her. Sure was a welcome break from day after day of handling final affairs for my dad. Once I logged todays finds I just set my jaw and made a run for the money. Luckily there were cards remaining in the cache. Arrived at about 7:15 pm so the perfect coordinates were delightful.

Took two TNG #3 and two misprints to fill out Janie's and my set of Yrium cards. Two TNG #3 and two related misprints remain in the container.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

:) Harmon: I'm totally P.O.'ed at you. You know I personally hiked all the way out to Snow White to get you a set of YNG #3 cards. Remember how we negotiated the price? How soon you forget..... :) your ex-friend, jodi :)

FlagMan,

Thanks for the convenient location. It looked like I was going to miss out on YNG #3. Luckily Splashette called and asked me to spend today Geocaching with her. Sure was a welcome break from day after day of handling final affairs for my dad. Once I logged todays finds I just set my jaw and made a run for the money. Luckily there were cards remaining in the cache. Arrived at about 7:15 pm so the perfect coordinates were delightful.

Took two YNG #3 and two misprints to fill out Janie's and my set of Yrium cards. Two YNG #3 and two related misprints remain in the container.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

:) Harmon: I'm totally P.O.'ed at you. You know I personally hiked all the way out to Snow White to get you a set of YNG #3 cards. Remember how we negotiated the price? How soon you forget..... :) your ex-friend, jodi :)

Jodi,

Forgive me sweet lady. I'll replace the cards I picked up today for my collection.

Honestly, I'm going through the meat-grinder right now with my dad's final arrangements and with being out of town for the last five weeks. Today was my first normal day in weeks because Janie asked me to join her for some Geocaching. I wanted to make sure that she would have a TNG #3 set for her collection as well.

Please be my friend once again. I promise to treasure only the cards you worked so hard to save for me.

Of course I realize what you went through with the fire-threat to your home so I don't mean to say that my situation was worse. Please forgive me and thank you for being so thoughtful once again.

I'm sorry,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
FlagMan,

Thanks for the convenient location. It looked like I was going to miss out on YNG #3. Luckily Splashette called and asked me to spend today Geocaching with her. Sure was a welcome break from day after day of handling final affairs for my dad. Once I logged todays finds I just set my jaw and made a run for the money. Luckily there were cards remaining in the cache. Arrived at about 7:15 pm so the perfect coordinates were delightful.

Took two YNG #3 and two misprints to fill out Janie's and my set of Yrium cards. Two YNG #3 and two related misprints remain in the container.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

:D Harmon: I'm totally P.O.'ed at you. You know I personally hiked all the way out to Snow White to get you a set of YNG #3 cards. Remember how we negotiated the price? How soon you forget..... :) your ex-friend, jodi :D

Jodi,

Forgive me sweet lady. I'll replace the cards I picked up today for my collection.

Honestly, I'm going through the meat-grinder right now with my dad's final arrangements and with being out of town for the last five weeks. Today was my first normal day in weeks because Janie asked me to join her for some Geocaching. I wanted to make sure that she would have a TNG #3 set for her collection as well.

Please be my friend once again. I promise to treasure only the cards you worked so hard to save for me.

Of course I realize what you went through with the fire-threat to your home so I don't mean to say that my situation was worse. Please forgive me and thank you for being so thoughtful once again.

I'm sorry,

Harmon

;) Harmon, I could never be mad at you! :D I was just pulling your leg. I didn't know you lost your dad...I am really sorry to hear that. Please accept my heart felt condolences. I guess I haven't read the forums much lately. I didn't have a phone for a week so I didn't have access to the internet except at work and you know Good Gov't Employees don't surf the net at work! We can give your 2nd set of YNG cards to $kimmer..or we can selll them and split the profit! r/ jodi

FlagMan,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

:D Harmon: I'm totally P.O.'ed at you. You know I personally hiked all the way out to Snow White to get you a set of YNG #3 cards. Remember how we negotiated the price? How soon you forget..... :) your ex-friend, jodi :D

Jodi,

I'm sorry,

Harmon

;) Harmon, I could never be mad at you! :D I was just pulling your leg. I didn't know you lost your dad...I am really sorry to hear that. Please accept my heart felt condolences. I guess I haven't read the forums much lately. I didn't have a phone for a week so I didn't have access to the internet except at work and you know Good Gov't Employees don't surf the net at work! We can give your 2nd set of YNG cards to $kimmer..or we can selll them and split the profit! r/ jodi

Jodi,

Of course I knew that you were having fun with me, and you did a good job of it I must say. In some cases it takes months to train a person to pick on me, in your case you and John caught on right away. I'm proud of you.

Sure glad to know that you weren't burned out. Of course the inconvenience was bad enough wasn't it? Maybe we should have a Geocachers brush-clearance day at you place. What say? ... I'll supervise.

Your pal,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Stopped by Max's Favorite Park to pick up a rare TNG #3 misprint (It'll be a worth a fortune some day...) Left the cache with three regular TNG #3 cards in it (no more misprints though...)

I dropped off a TNG #3 card in Chupy 3: Road Warrior today. It's a bit more of a hike, but it is one of Miragee's San Diego Historic caches. :)

Introducing Yrium "The Next Generation" Card #4, lulu499:

0e0266cb-c483-4c3f-874e-982e977dfc3a.jpg

Thanks to LLOT for the design work, Triple Crown for the back content, and Wild Chicken for inspiration.

Look for some of these in Max's Favorite Park after 9:00 am this morning...

Nice work EVERYBODY... :)

You guys are the greatest!!! I am so honored to be on this card and to have all of these amazing cachers on there with me!!! :) I am so unbelievalbe overwhelmed by this!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

man that would be so awesome to go get that tb but i have found zero of the caches on the list and i dont think a note for picking up the tb would be smart

I think the whole point is that it's placed in a cache like this so you have to earn the privilege of nominating the cacher on the next card. I wouldn't have it any other way! :D

man that would be so awesome to go get that tb but i have found zero of the caches on the list and i dont think a note for picking up the tb would be smart

I think the whole point is that it's placed in a cache like this so you have to earn the privilege of nominating the cacher on the next card. I wouldn't have it any other way! :(

Now, that said, the TB has been sitting in that cache for WAY TOO LONG. I was the last visitor and that was awhile ago. Somebody needs to release this thing so we can get more YRIUM cards!

COME ON SOMEBODY! GO GET IT! (Don't make me snag it out of there again, because I will...)

Hello all you Yrium cacher card fanatics!

I never saw this thread till now, but wanted to let ya'll know that I placed some Bikedog cards in BIKEDOG LIVES... GC10B9T

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8d-22226836b694 around a year or so ago and can guarantee they are still there! Now its only about 400 or so miles from any of you, but HEY...They are here- COME GET EM!!!...Just not all of them ;)

There is also something(s) else VERY special in this cache, that I am sure would accompany one of his cards quite well! :anitongue:

So if your up for the challenge (its not so bad)...He's waiting for you! The cards were HAND delivered to me by 4Thunder...what a special guy and I kick myself for not meeting him at GW6...Sorry Randy! ;)

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!

Hello All

I would like to complete my yrium's pals collection

I am in need of a few and have some to trade

I need the following

Series 1

1 - Tuna printed in 2002

4 - Bikedog printed in 2002

5 - Beeque printed in 2002

9 - Iron Chef printed in 2002

11 - Whistlestick printed in 2002

13 - Yrium Printed in 2002 or 2003

20 - Jeremy Printed in 2003

UDesignit

3 - Halstaff Printed in 2003

The following is what I have to trade

series 1

#10 - Gromit Printed in may 2006

#14 - Mark71mark Printed in sept.2006

#16 - Splashman & Splashette I have 2. 1 Printed in january 2003. 1 printer in sept 2007

#17 - Team Gecko Printed in may 2006

UDesignit

1 - Ruscal

2 - B-nic & K-nic

have 2 SlabyFam card also

Thanks SlabyFam

Edited by SlabyFam

Slabys-

You can work on your YMS series cards by visiting Pepperwood-Canebrake Parasaurolophus. I dropped off a complete set back on 20 April. Only two have been taken so far.

-GD

34bd3428-e4b8-402f-944c-7172018e82da.jpg

Hello All

I would like to complete my yrium's pals collection

I am in need of a few and have some to trade

I need the following

Series 1

1 - Tuna printed in 2002

4 - Bikedog printed in 2002

5 - Beeque printed in 2002

9 - Iron Chef printed in 2002

11 - Whistlestick printed in 2002

13 - Yrium Printed in 2002 or 2003

20 - Jeremy Printed in 2003

UDesignit

3 - Halstaff Printed in 2003

The following is what I have to trade

series 1

#10 - Gromit Printed in may 2006

#14 - Mark71mark Printed in sept.2006

#16 - Splashman & Splashette I have 2. 1 Printed in january 2003. 1 printer in sept 2007

#17 - Team Gecko Printed in may 2006

UDesignit

1 - Ruscal

2 - B-nic & K-nic

have 2 SlabyFam card also

Thanks SlabyFam

Introducing Yrium TNG #5 - kwvers!

8e11a9b4-c716-4415-b31a-187dbe589026.jpg

Thanks to Fat Cats for the nomination and thanks to Harmon (of course) for the design work!!

These cards will be coming to a certain Geodog's Favorite Park in a couple of days... Don't rush out yet, now, y'hear!

Aw shucks, 'tweren't nothin'.

In truth FlagMan offered the magic-quilt concept and from that point

on it was merely an interesting exercise with Photoshop CS3. Most

Yrium-card collectors know that there are, now and then, tidbits of

our local Geocaching culture sprinkled into a layout. Could be that a

couple of other local Geocachers are riding along to a limited extent

with team Kwvers!. Say what?

For Photoshop CS3 enthusiasts this photo layout is amongst the most

interesting yet. In terms of layers and transformations it is perhaps

the most complicated. The resulting .psd file was about 42.5-Mbytes

in size. Of course FlagMan handles the standard card-frame, avatars,

and production issues.

Hearty congratulations to team Kwvers! and thanks ever-so-much to

FlagMan for including me in this happy occasion. With any luck at all

Yrium and Gromit will be smiling down on Max's Favorite Park when the

first few cards are set free.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Edited by SD Rowdies

Thanks to Fat Cats for the nomination and thanks to Harmon (of course) for the design work!!

These cards will be coming to a certain Geodog's Favorite Park in a couple of days... Don't rush out yet, now, y'hear!

Great choice ladies, especially in view of that 10,000 milestone kwvers! achieved this week!

Great choice ladies, especially in view of that 10,000 milestone kwvers! achieved this week!

We are speechless! Thanks so much for the awesome card! The design had us in stitches....More to come...Now, I wonder where we will wind up in order to find one of these cards. The saga continues...

We are speechless! Thanks so much for the awesome card! The design had us in stitches....More to come...Now, I wonder where we will wind up in order to find one of these cards. The saga continues...

He who hesitates is lost when a new card gets placed. If I were you

I'd stay up all night and keep the engine running if you expect to

grab a copy of first release.

More than once I made a grab past midnight and was frightened by

the arrival of another Geocacher that came crashing through the

bushes while I was signing the container logbook.

:D Wow, what a wonderful job Flagman and Harmon did on TNG #5 ... impressive, as always, if I do say so. Nice choice on the recipient, too, Fat Cats. :P Bravo on recognizing a great couple of geocachers!!

A dozen or more Yrium TNG #5 cards have been placed in Max's Favorite Park... That dang Misprinter also seemed to have beat me to the punch again as well!! Why I oughta!!

Ready... Set... GO!!!

I just don't know how Geocaching could be more fun than it is. Not only did I score the TNG cards

I was after but adventure ensued. Arrived at the park at 11:00 am and then the fun began.

Just as I replaced the container I heard a loud squeal of tires and a dreadful crumping noise.

Turning to look I was astonished to see an airborne Toyota RAV4 in flight after leaping up and off

of the parking-lot entrance ramp. The vehicle slid to a sidways stop while shooting gravel and

stones from the nearside tires as if shotgun pellets. I dove into the nearby bushes with my own

self-interest in mind.

When I poked my head up from the bushes I saw the RAV4 driver leap out the car-door as if a

steer wrestler running for a calf to throw and tie. She broke the arena record at 7.2 seconds for

her find.

I realized immediately that it had to be one of the east-county Geocaching women doing her level

best be in time to grab one or more of the just-released Yrium TNG #5 collector cards. Sure enough

it was one of The Fat Cats team who shall remain nameless for reasons described above.

Well then it was all chat-chat-chat while standing in the broiling sun, swapping tall tales and points

of view about the local Geocaching scene. Never fails that I meet some lathered-up Geocacher at

Max's Favorite Park.

So now, down to business ... I grabbed four TNG #5 cards, leaving seventeen, and four TNG #3

misprints leaving five. Also there was six Lulu499 cards in the container. These four sets are one

each for Splashette, Team Fatman, FATTBOY, and SD Rowdies. I believe that The Fat Cats grabbed

three sets, one for themselves and two for others including team Kwvers!.

All said and done I helped remount the hood and driver-side door onto the RAV4, waved goodbye,

and sped away in a fit of laughter.

Life is good,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Edited by SD Rowdies

A dozen or more Yrium TNG #5 cards have been placed in Max's Favorite Park... That dang Misprinter also seemed to have beat me to the punch again as well!! Why I oughta!!

Ready... Set... GO!!!

I just don't know how Geocaching could be more fun than it is. Not only did I score the TNG cards

I was after but adventure ensued. Arrived at the park at 11:00 am and then the fun began.

Just as I replaced the container I heard a loud squeal of tires and a dreadful crumping noise.

Turning to look I was astonished to see an airborne Toyota RAV4 in flight after leaping up and off

of the parking-lot entrance ramp. The vehicle slid to a sidways stop while shooting gravel and

stones from the nearside tires as if shotgun pellets. I dove into the nearby bushes with my own

self-interest in mind.

When I poked my head up from the bushes I saw the RAV4 driver leap out the car-door as if a

steer wrestler running for a calf to throw and tie. She broke the arena record at 7.2 seconds for

her find.

I realized immediately that it had to be one of the east-county Geocaching women doing her level

best be in time to grab one or more of the just-released Yrium TNG #5 collector cards. Sure enough

it was one of The Fat Cats team who shall remain nameless for reasons described above.

Well then it was all chat-chat-chat while standing in the broiling sun, swapping tall tales and points

of view about the local Geocaching scene. Never fails that I meet some lathered-up Geocacher at

Max's Favorite Park.

So now, down to business ... I grabbed four TNG #5 cards, leaving seventeen, and four TNG #3

misprints leaving five. Also there was six Lulu499 cards in the container. These four sets are one

each for Splashette, Team Fatman, FATTBOY, and SD Rowdies. I believe that The Fat Cats grabbed

All said and done I helped remount the hood and driver-side door onto the RAV4, waved goodbye,

Life is good,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

After this, no one will ever want to ride with me again!!! :D:);) Harmon, you weren't supposed to tell... :)

It was great meeting Harmon at the cache. We talked for a good long while...like he says, caching just doesn't get any better!!!

I grabbed four regular TNG #5 (for us, kwvers!, boysnbarrie, and The Lost Clan) leaving nine, 3 misprints leaving two, and one Lulu499.

Thanks go to Harmon for the great Photoshop work, to Flagman for keeping these Yrium cards alive, and to Barrie of boysnbarrie for writing the great description of the kwvers! for the back of the card!!!

Sincerely,

The Fat Cat who shall remain nameless for reasons described above :D

Ready... Set... GO!!!

self-interest in mind.

her find.

Max's Favorite Park.

Life is good,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

After this, no one will ever want to ride with me again!!! :D:);) Harmon, you weren't supposed to tell... :)

It was great meeting Harmon at the cache. We talked for a good long while...like he says, caching just doesn't get any better!!!

I grabbed four regular TNG #5 (for us, kwvers!, boysnbarrie, and The Lost Clan) leaving nine, 3 misprints leaving two, and one Lulu499.

Thanks go to Harmon for the great Photoshop work, to Flagman for keeping these Yrium cards alive, and to Barrie of boysnbarrie for writing the great description of the kwvers! for the back of the card!!!

Sincerely,

Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Thanks so much Fat Cats for grabbing a card for us! We owe you Big Time!

Ready... Set... GO!!!

self-interest in mind.

her find.

Max's Favorite Park.

Life is good,

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Sincerely,

Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Thanks so much Fat Cats for grabbing a card for us! We owe you Big Time!

Wait until you see the misprint card before you get all gushy.