Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

I did the unthinkable today. I left an entire set of reprints in FlagMan's Cache. YP1:1-2, Udesignit:1-3, YP2:1, and YMS:1-30. Also left 3x YMS #30 cards. Please only take a net 2 cards with each visit. You can trade one for one all day long, but when you are done trading, please only take 2 additional cards. Thanks, -FlagMan.

Grabbed a few on our El Capitan/El Cajon Mtn excursion yesterday: #30 Slabyfam from duganrm, #25 D-Jollymon (regular) from Flagman's Rescue and left a D-Jollymon misprint in there, and a #28 PassingWind from El Capitan (I think). Might be on my way out to Flagman's Cache to fill in a few more gaps today!

I did the unthinkable today. I left an entire set of reprints in FlagMan's Cache. YP1:1-2, Udesignit:1-3, YP2:1, and YMS:1-30. Also left 3x YMS #30 cards. Please only take a net 2 cards with each visit. You can trade one for one all day long, but when you are done trading, please only take 2 additional cards. Thanks, -FlagMan.

We visited "FlagMan's Cache" twice, once to trade and once for the exercise... :)

We took YP1 reprint #s 14, 15, 16, 17, and 20. Also took Udesignit #2. That fills all the gaps for us. :)

We left YP1 reprint #s 3, 7, and 11. We also left one each YMS #27 and #27 misprint. (Net one card out of the cache.) Thanks FlagMan!

The cache now contains around 75 cards, including 1x YMS#1, 2xYP1#3... :laughing::(

OH NO! :)

I am out of town.... :laughing:

On the way up to the #1 Top of the World caches on El Cajon Mountain, I dropped some newly created El Cap Edition reprints of some of the Yrium cards (Team Gecko, Ruscal, FlagMan and PassingWind). As I recall, they ended up in the following caches:

1x YP17, 1x Udesignit #1 and 1x YMS #8 in Just Frogs II - Gecko Gurl's Turnaround

1x YP17, 1x Udesignit #1 and 1x YMS #8 in #1 Top of the World

1x YMS #28 (plus misprint) in El Cajon Mountain: #1 Top of the World

1x YP17, 1x Udesignit #1, 1x YMS #8 and 1x YMS #28 (plus misprint) in FlagMan's Redemption

The Misprinter also apparently struct at FlagMan's Redemption - don't ask me how! A very special one-of-a-kind card was left there. This is so hideous that FlagMan requests that this card never be duplicated in any media whatsoever, and that it only be referred to in very whispered tones. It should forever remain in the possession of the FTF, and is not intended to be traded.

That is all...

We were wondering if anyone would like to trade....Sumrall and I are reducing our collection from two of each to one of each.

We have the following extras (one each):

YP 1 & 6

YMS 1, 007, 9, 10, 13, 15, 18(mp), 19, 21, 22, 22(mp), 23, 23(mp), 25 & 25(mp)

We need:

YP 16, 17 & 20

UDesignit 2

Original UDesignit Travelbug Card

We also need Misprints for: YMS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 007, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15 & 30. (not sure how many of the YMS's had misprints).

Edited by GoBolts!

About a year ago, we found Dr. Boggis's Yrium Card #007. Didn't know what it was, but it looked neat so we kept it. Didn't know about logging the find here. So, we still have his card, plus we found 2 new ones yesterday in Tax Freedom Cache. They are:

Yrium's Pals Card #17 of 20 -- Team Gecko (printed 5/06) &

Yrium Geocacher Card Bikedog Memorial #1 (printed 1/13/06).

The cards are really cool. Are we allowed to keep them, or do we have to move them along like TBs? Either way, thanks for adding another dimension to caching.

Sue

About a year ago, we found Dr. Boggis's Yrium Card #007. Didn't know what it was, but it looked neat so we kept it. Didn't know about logging the find here. So, we still have his card, plus we found 2 new ones yesterday in Tax Freedom Cache. They are:

Yrium's Pals Card #17 of 20 -- Team Gecko (printed 5/06) &

Yrium Geocacher Card Bikedog Memorial #1 (printed 1/13/06).

The cards are really cool. Are we allowed to keep them, or do we have to move them along like TBs? Either way, thanks for adding another dimension to caching.

Sue

Sue-

Feel free to keep and collect the YGTCs. There are five "official" series. Yrium's original Pals (Cards 1-20), a Pals series 2 (only Card 1 was made due to Yrium's passing), Yrium's original UDesignit Series (Cards 1-3), Yrium's Memorial Series by Flagman based on UDesignit theme (Cards 1-30), and a special Bikedog Memorial Series (Cards 1 - 6), also by Flagman.

Caution - collecting these cards can be addicting and may cause you to visit some very out-of-the-way locations.

-Gecko Dad

Edited by Team Gecko

Recent deposits:

7/3/2006

Bikedog Memorial Series Card #3 and a Yrium's Pals #17 (Team Gecko) in Journey to Domelands.

510813eb-14d5-4653-a0a9-5f48e0568c1c.jpg

Memorial Series #28 (Passing Wind) and Pals #17 in TweenerPak1.

Bikedog Memorial Card #4 and Pals #17 in Shelter Valley View.

3e741040-2aff-41e2-90c0-a09ccabf5a85.jpg

7/7/2006

Pals #17 in On-Call #2

Bikedog Memorial Card #5 in Carrizo Mountain.

be965464-13d8-4579-81c4-e107bcee6754.jpg

Bikedog Memorial Card #6 in God Bless America.

afe515e3-6701-49f3-a054-884afcf48bd4.jpg

Edited by Team Gecko

Sunday, 7/16/2006

Made an 11-mile loop run up Spring Canyon and back some ridgelines in northern section of MTRP. Dropped off the following cards along the way.

-GD

Bikedog Memorial Series #1 in Take Cover!

a4622dbe-7276-41ae-aac2-23b3a2600a88.jpg

Bikedog Memorial Series #2 in Farther Than The Farthest Star

84561e60-6123-41b8-8d95-7f6a9a852a3b.jpg

Bikedog Memorial Series #3 in The Farthest Star

97d3a8c7-30dd-4334-8360-45efaf218dce.jpg

Bikedog Memorial Series #4 in A Farther Star

5e571d45-aab4-4a6f-a60d-32679591a2e0.jpg

Bikedog Memorial Series #5 in A Far Star

e1f28dc8-df5c-4042-9ee2-837b878e3100.jpg

Bikedog Memorial Series #6 in MTRP Prisoner Exchange

a468503f-0785-454b-ada7-a6577a9162f1.jpg

Sunday, 7/16/2006

Made an 11-mile loop run up Spring Canyon and back some ridgelines in northern section of MTRP. Dropped off the following cards along the way.

-GD

Bikedog Memorial Series #1 in Take Cover!

Bikedog Memorial Series #2 in Farther Than The Farthest Star

Bikedog Memorial Series #3 in The Farthest Star

Bikedog Memorial Series #4 in A Farther Star

Bikedog Memorial Series #5 in A Far Star

Bikedog Memorial Series #6 in MTRP Prisoner Exchange

Just got back from grabbing that full set of Bikedog memorial cards. Whew! what an outing in heavy mist and saturating humidity. I've done that blamed ridge and canyon loop many times now, either on foot or on a mountain bike. Today convinced me that doing so on foot beats the heck out of doing it on a mountain bike. Danged river stones!

Today I followed the ridgline north and returned by way of the Spring Canyon trail.

Don you rascal, you set me up didn't you? First of all I'll just bet that you knew that I needed a set of the Bikedog memorial cards when you placed a set so close to my home base. Secondly you knew that I needed to reactivate "Jutht Whiththle." So how could I possibly resist scoring a full set without having to climb towering mountains for one card at a time? Well, I couldn't.

I suppose I should admit that I'm delighted about adding the one missing link to my Yrium card collection and I'm also pleased to reactivate that Bugwheat Ridge cache of mine. Check the reactivated cache Don, for a note that pertains to you and Ikes.

Miles of strain and pain without scoring a single find. Thanks a lot buddy.

Your pal,

Harmon

:rolleyes: First, WOW Harmon.... nice job on the hike to get all those cards. You amaze us sometimes (well, maybe always!). <_<

Second, we picked up a memorial series card #12 devhead from Poke-cache (GCNQD9). No cards left there and good luck finding that container amongst the debris.

Third, grabbed a YMS #30 SlabyFam from Poles Apart (GCVTRW). No cards left there either.

Got these while out and about doing "The Hunt for Red October" on 29 July

Jahoadi and John

Edited by jahoadi and john

:rolleyes: First, WOW Harmon.... nice job on the hike to get all those cards. You amaze us sometimes (well, maybe always!). <_<

Jahoadi and John

Thanks for your support. Us old guys need it as you know.

You should have seen me lying face down under my mountain bike after clipping one of those darned river stones the wrong way. Danged rock and some of it's pals were lying in wait for me beside a small bush. Did y' ever hear a little pile of rocks giggle? I sure did. Giggling like that don't seem right to me since I've always been friendly to little piles of rocks. Up to now I've always been glad t' see 'em.

During the fall my GPSr suffered a good smack on another rock but kept on ticking. What flashed through my mind after crashing onto the cobblestone trail was not the pain but a fear that my GPSr might be ruined and so I might have to return for the second half of the Bikedog card set. Imagine being so close and then having some weenie beat you to the last three Bikedog cards before you could return. Now that's the sort of thing that sad country songs are written about.

Making the best of the situation I just reposed there amongst the weeds, stickers, and stones for a short rest while waiting for my bike to get up and off of me. I grinned my grin about being in such a silly fix at age seventy-one-plus. My way of dealing with pain has always been to imagine having a slice of PUD cake in hand right out of the oven. Yum!

The sad thing was that nobody was with me to take pictures of my wreck. Shoot, I'd pay t' see 'em.

O yes, one more thing, the bleeding stopped right away.

Life is good,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

:P First, WOW Harmon.... nice job on the hike to get all those cards. You amaze us sometimes (well, maybe always!). :)

Jahoadi and John

You should have seen me lying face down under my mountain bike after clipping one of those darned river stones the wrong way. Danged rock and some of it's pals were lying in wait for me beside a small bush. Did y' ever hear a little pile of rocks giggle? I sure did. Giggling like that don't seem right to me since I've always been friendly to little piles of rocks. Up to now I've always been glad t' see 'em.

During the fall my GPSr suffered a good smack on another rock but kept on ticking. What flashed through my mind after crashing onto the cobblestone trail was not the pain but a fear that my GPSr might be ruined and so I might have to return for the second half of the Bikedog card set. Imagine being so close and then having some weenie beat you to the last three Bikedog cards before you could return. Now that's the sort of thing that sad country songs are written about.

Making the best of the situation I just reposed there amongst the weeds, stickers, and stones for a short rest while waiting for my bike to get up and off of me. I grinned my grin about being in such a silly fix at age seventy-one-plus. My way of dealing with pain has always been to imagine having a slice of PUD cake in hand right out of the oven. Yum!

The sad thing was that nobody was with me to take pictures of my wreck. Shoot, I'd pay t' see 'em.

Life is good,

Harmon

;) What the heck were you out there alone for???? Do We have to lecture you in front of everyone? :P Nice little adventure. Oh by the way, piles of rocks, trees, bushes, fences, mountains, streams, bark, leaves, etc., all giggle ;)

:ph34r: First, WOW Harmon.... nice job on the hike to get all those cards. You amaze us sometimes (well, maybe always!). :o

Jahoadi and John

Life is good,

Harmon

<_< What the heck were you out there alone for???? Do We have to lecture you in front of everyone? :blink: Nice little adventure. Oh by the way, piles of rocks, trees, bushes, fences, mountains, streams, bark, leaves, etc., all giggle :blink:

Yes dear, I'll never do it again, I promise.

Actually it's very hard to be alone in MTRP what with all the hikers, runners, bikers, park rangers, and U.S. Marines.

Thanks for the tip about nature's giggling habits. All this time I thought it was my tinnitus.

Your pal,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Friday, 8/4/2006

Dropped off a Bikedog Memorial Card #6 at #22 "What A Good Boy Am I" on a hike to Sentenac Mountain. In reading the first pages of the logbook, I discovered Bikedog had been here at 2:00 am on the very first morning of the Sea To Sea Challenge. Here is his original log.

BTW, this is the last of the Bikedog Memorial Series cards I have to distribute. Will be shifting to other series of cards in the future.

-GD

Morning light on Granite Mountain

559bd2b7-bdb6-4fe1-bec3-41d925605147.jpg