Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Introducing YMS #30 of 30, SlabyFam

f942e9e5-a50b-4290-b11b-329a797358d1.jpg

Once again, thanks to Harmon for the design work. Seems he needed a brief respite from the War anyway...

This is the last of the Yrium Memorial Series of cards. Time to think of a new concept. Anyone have any bright ideas?

Stopped by on the way home from work and grabbed 2x YMS#30 (one happened to be the error card)

There are all the rest left as I think I was the first person there.

~Jess

Jess darlin', would it have killed y' to stick around a few minutes to fawn over me? Dang, I don't get no respect.

On the other hand I did grab three YMS #30 cards and one production-misprint card. That will take care of Splashette, $kimmer, and I.

So now, le' me see, there were thirty YMS #30 cards including the three production misprints so now that leaves only twenty-three YMS #30 cards and one YMS #30 production misprint. Somebody is going t' miss out on this batch.

My thanks once again to FlagMan Tom for allowing me to support Yrium's Geocaching legacy. Working on twelve of the YMS layouts was delightful and doing so allowed me to become better acquainted with the honorees.

One thing I learned for sure is that it's not easy being a serious collector. For the first time I was able to make a YMS card run during daylight hours.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

So now, le' me see, there were twenty-five YMS #30 cards including the three production misprints so now that leaves only seventeen YMS #30 cards and one YMS #30 production misprint. Somebody is going t' miss out on this batch.

The 25x YMS #30 cards included 6x cards with production errors... Also, I still have about half of the total to drop elsewhere, so there should be plenty to go around even if the initial batch is snapped up at Max's right away...

So now, le' me see, there were thirty YMS #30 cards including the three production misprints so now that leaves only twenty-three YMS #30 cards and one YMS #30 production misprint. Somebody is going t' miss out on this batch.

The 25x YMS #30 cards included 6x cards with production errors... Also, I still have about half of the total to drop elsewhere, so there should be plenty to go around even if the initial batch is snapped up at Max's right away...

Thanks for the correction Tom. Guess I got over excited. Still I thought I saw only one remaining misprint but perhaps there's more than one type of production misprint.

swung by Max's on the way home from work. I grabbed 3 normal cards (myself, Trailgators, and I can't remember who else asked me to grab one). There were 14 normal cards and 2 production errors left at 7pm.

Edited by duganrm

On a more serious note than my previous post... :o

John and I would like to thank everyone who's been involved in producing this generation of Yrium's trading card series! A special thanks to FlagMan for his generous investment of time and resources, without which none of us would have ever thought of visiting Max's Favorite Park DOZENS of times!!!! :o:o:o Thanks to GeckoDad for his contributions as well... including but not limited to the extra worthy placements of cards in great caches as well as filling in some of the historical gaps along the way. :o To Harmon and all the other photo-choppers :lol::( , congrats on the great work and thanks for the creative outpouring!! :P

Thanks All!!!

J&J

6:10 am.

Had other obligations last night so was not able to get down to Max's until early this morning. Just missed the last misprint by an hour :unsure: but was able to pick up a regular #30 for Team Gecko ;) and another regular card for Ruscal (in commemoration of the last recovery of the UDesignint Tbug from The Devils Jump). Left two lizards. There are 12 regular cards remaining. Will keep an ear to the ground for future releases of #30 production error cards.

-GD

Edited by Team Gecko

Thanks for the correction Tom. Guess I got over excited.

Was it my perfume lingering in the air? ;)

There you go again Dear ol Harmon, dragging me into Banter on Yrium's page...when will I ever learn to resist temptation :unsure: ?!

~Jess

Jess,

Yes dear, it was indeed the lingering fragrance of your perfume that tipped me off that we almost crossed paths at the park. There's nothing more fragrant than the earthy fragrances of Geocaching women, you know, Ceanothus, White Sage, Mountain Laurel, Fennel, and assorted aromatic weeds. Puts me in mind of my gramma's old kitchen during the year-end holidays.

Thanks for being so special.

Sweet old Harmon

This is the first time I was able to get out to Max's favorite park to get cards!!!! I was there at about 0515 and drove 25.5 miles out of my way to work to do it!! (can you tell I'm proud of myself?) Gecko dad, there was one non-standard card left after I took one of those and a regular #30. Did you look at the backs?? I dropped to TBs while I was there. Jahoadi and John

This is the first time I was able to get out to Max's favorite park to get cards!!!! I was there at about 0515 and drove 25.5 miles out of my way to work to do it!! (can you tell I'm proud of myself?) Gecko dad, there was one non-standard card left after I took one of those and a regular #30. Did you look at the backs?? I dropped to TBs while I was there. Jahoadi and John

SLABFAM Just made max's cache our 700th find and picked up 3 cards while we were there

There are still some left Thanks to all

Slabyfam Dad

Gecko dad, there was one non-standard card left after I took one of those and a regular #30. Did you look at the backs??

Guess I just got to way too excited about adding the final card in this series to our collection and did not inspect the backs closely enough. :laughing: Based on Harmon's note about only one remaining production error, I jumped to the conclusion it was already gone when I read jahoadi and john's logbook entry from their twilight mission. The cards all looked pretty much the same this morning. Live and learn ...

-GD

Gecko dad, there was one non-standard card left after I took one of those and a regular #30. Did you look at the backs??

Guess I just got to way too excited about adding the final card in this series to our collection and did not inspect the backs closely enough. :laughing: Based on Harmon's note about only one remaining production error, I jumped to the conclusion it was already gone when I read jahoadi and john's logbook entry from their twilight mission. The cards all looked pretty much the same this morning. Live and learn ...

-GD

Don,

For you and you alone I'll give up my treasured YMS #30 production-misprint card. After all you were a principle in preserving Yrium's legacy and so deserve a complete set. Now that's not saying where you might have to journey to collect the misprint.

What a laugh, me challenging you to match my hiking ability. Sounds like some more of that 2006 MTRP Cache War banter huh?

The misprints differ because there is no photo-section at the very top of the back of the card.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

-GD

Don,

For you and you alone I'll give up my treasured YMS #30 production-misprint card. After all you were a principle in preserving Yrium's legacy and so deserve a complete set. Now that's not saying where you might have to journey to collect the misprint.

The misprints differ because there is no photo-section at the very top of the back of the card.

Harmon

Bless you Harmon. Will have to figure out a suitable exchange for such a rare collectible. In partial compensation, here is a photo in "permanent" honor of the SD Rowdies - a million year old horse print encountered out in Fish Creek a couple of weeks ago. This is one was one of many left by Pliocene equines (probably Dinohippus, considered the immediate ancestor of modern Equus).

-GD

c85c18b0-9b0d-4d9a-8362-f4e4e6fa492d.jpg

-GD

Don,

Harmon

Bless you Harmon. Will have to figure out a suitable exchange for such a rare collectible. In partial compensation, here is a photo in "permanent" honor of the SD Rowdies - a million year old horse print encountered out in Fish Creek a couple of weeks ago. This is one was one of many left by Pliocene equines (probably Dinohippus, considered the immediate ancestor of modern Equus).

-GD

c85c18b0-9b0d-4d9a-8362-f4e4e6fa492d.jpg

Fabulous photo Don, you sure get around. It's a deal but there'll be tears on my pillow tonight.

Hey, I just thought of a backup plan, you and I should go tackle Toby's Gang and grab their misprint.

Harmon

Sunday, 7 May, 8:10 am.

Dropped off a Bikedog Memorial Card #4 at Poles Apart (GCVTRW). Retrieved a misprint YMS #30 (SlabyFam). There are still two regular YMS #30 regular cards in this cache.

Felt bad that Harmon's generous offer to give up a treasured #30 misprint would break up his personal collection. Fortunately, Friday's release of a another misprint provided a perfect excuse for a pre-Sunday brunch run over Walkabout terrain.

-Gecko Dad

Felt bad that Harmon's generous offer to give up a treasured #30 misprint would break up his personal collection. Fortunately, Friday's release of a another misprint provided a perfect excuse for a pre-Sunday brunch run over Walkabout terrain.

-Gecko Dad

Don,

Once in a while things just work out swell. Thanks ever-so much for retrieving that misprint. If you want I'll still swap my YMS #30 misprint for yours so's I can say that I carried out my promise. :)

Now it can be revealed that several good samaritans that wished to remain admirably anonymous were at work behind the scenes making sure that I would receive a replacement YMS #30 misprint card for my collection. I'm not naming any names but there's two couples that have lots of J's in their user names that have gone to all sorts of trouble to assure that my good deed would be rewarded. That's enough to put some tears back on my pillow tonight.

Unfortunately my circumstance this week prevented me from going after that misprint that FlagMan placed to resolve the self-same problem. I have a very close friend that's in terrible shape medically. He and his sweet bride needed my help these past three weeks. I was best man at their wedding by the way.

I'm losing track of the head-count, does that make seven individuals that were all determined to do the right thing for a friend? Now that's the sort of news we need on the Internet and in the papers.

After seeing your post Don, I slipped my YMS #30 misprint back into my own card set and it sure looks great there. You know, I suspect that Yrium would have written one of his novellas about this YMS #30 misprint caper.

Thank you each and every one. One thing for sure, that misprint card has become my absolute favorite number of the set.

Your pal,

Harmon

p.s.

I apologize to all concerned because my recent personal commitments have kept me from placing numerous new caches for the 2006 MTRP Cache War. Giving that rheumy-eyed old fossil General Goober an edge in the cache war has been a bitter pill.

Finally I admit that "... tears on my pillow tonight" is going overboard just a tad. Still y' hardly ever get a chance to use that phrase in a sentence so why pass up the opportunity? For your information the phrase was inspired by an old time country song "I've Got Tears in My Ears from Lyin' on my Back Cryin' Over You Blues." Yeehaw!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Saturday, 6 April, 10:20 am.

Dropped off a Bikedog Memorial Card #3 at Peak 3413, a Terracache above a remote side canyon northeast of Rockhouse Canyon that overlooks Rockhouse Valley and Toro Peak.

-GD

be3f77e3-806a-47de-bc36-ceb729437a8b.jpg

Bikedog's view to the south

b21251f6-ddf7-4203-96e6-ec07472cd2bb.jpg

His view to the west and north

231991e0-b177-4c7b-9461-ad9ecb19b3b3.jpg

Friday, 12 May, 9:50 pm.

Dropped off a Bikedog Memorial Card #6 while stopping by Coyote Mountain Summit Cache (GCHRTN). Temperature at the summit was nearly 90 degrees by 8:45 am and rose to 106 in the shade by the time I returned to the 4Runner at 11:00 am. These temperatures provided a good excuse to head up to slightly cooler conditions on Wilson Mountain this afternoon.

-GD

Bikedog visits the western of two Coyote benchmarks

a156ad2e-c38e-4100-8af5-d0822ea10ae1.jpg

At the cache site looking toward the Santa Rosas and Toro Peak

7a349c67-8fc1-4971-a4a8-b5af3fb5a7df.jpg