Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Introducing the Bikedog Memorial Series of Yrium Geocacher Cards.  This is a limited edition set of 6 cards:

3a8d1be1-1e7b-4722-9102-841c239ff883.jpg

15d8c364-0477-48a4-a734-dfc5090a56f2.jpg

f959b015-eb73-4d48-964d-f2f1034dc71c.jpg

3e239203-1446-409e-b6fe-391645418cef.jpg

a84c44db-eea4-4cd6-8087-57f22fae38d5.jpg

a35bdc87-58f8-4a99-9311-66faf427fb45.jpg

As many of you already know from the SD Thread, Jerry "bikedog" Gradisher died tragically in a motorcycle accident yesterday, January 12, 2006.  He was one of the pioneers of SD Geocachers, having cached for just a few days short of 5-years.  His caches are all very memorable and most involve epic hikes to great locations with something very unique to find at GZ.  Jerry will be missed by the entire caching community.  Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and daughter.

This limited edition series of cards will work a little differently than most.  For one thing, I have only made a total of 5 complete sets of cards.  More may be released later.  You will have to work a little harder to complete a set as I intend to only place them in bikedog caches.  Of course, you could always travel to Colorado where Rocket Man will be stocking his bikedog memorial cache with these cards as well.

It is, indeed, a very sad day with the passing of a good friend and great cacher.

What a great way to remember a friend and a fellow cacher. He will be missed by us all. :laughing:

I agree. :mad:

Edited by TrailGators

Went with PW on a tour of bikedog caches in the Ramona area today. We left some Bikedog Memorial Series ("BDM") cards in the following caches:

3x BDM#1 cards in Bonnie and Clyde Cache;

3x BDM#2 cards in High above the almond ranch; and

3x BDM#3 cards in Vu of El Capitan Reservoir.

Since these were all altoid tin caches, the cards were left in ziplock baggies protected by either the natural surroundings or in canvas zipper pouches brought along for this purpose. Please leave the zipper pouches with the cache containers.

Edited by FlagMan

I left 6x BDM#6 cards near the Kitchen Creek Cache. I never actually found the cache, so I left the cards in a decon container behind a rock right next to the road. The rock is literally inches from the asphalt. The decon container is covered up by a pile of rocks. Should be obvious. Whoever comes up next would do me a big favor by putting the cards in the cache, itself, assuming you can find it.

Groovy and I drove and hiked out to Bikedog's Vu of El Capitan Reservoir to drop off three new Bikedog Memorial Series #3 cards (courtesy of Flagman) and bring one BDM #3 home with us. That leaves three remaining in the cache. It was a beautiful afternoon to visit and pause to reflect on Bikedog's contributions to the local caching community, characterized so well by this site. The new cards are a wonderful way to carry on his memory.

-Gecko Dad

cdd76ad6-9909-4507-9891-73f64e0d1887.jpg

Jess stopped by Between RSF and Elfin Forest-- Arizona Crossing2 today to collect a BDM#4 card.

John went to High above the almond ranch and Bonnie and Clyde Cache today and collected a BDM #2 and BDM #1 respectively.

Our genuine thanks go to Bikedog for placing these quality caches. We had the opportunity to interact with him via email during the Coin Quest but we never had the chance to meet him. We still can (in a way) through his caches and logs :blink: .

Our thoughts go out to his wife and daughter.

Thanks to all for creating the memorial series and pulling together to honor a great San Diego cacher!

John&Jess

Edited by John&Jess

A group of cachers stopped by a few of bikedog's caches after his wake this afternoon to place some BDM series and YMS #27 cards. As well as I can remember, the following placements were made:

3x BDM #4 cards in BEE nie Baby II

2x YMS #27 in BEANIE BONANZA "with a view" (Misprinter struck as well)

4x BDM #5 and 2x YMS #27 (Misprints as well) in BookCrossing at the Fire Safe Garden

4x BDM #6 and 2x BDM #2 in Screwy Carwash Cache

2x YMS #27 (Misprints as well) and 1x BDM #4 in Between RDF and Elfin Forest -- Arizona Crossing2

These numbers reflect what was left in the various caches after those present helped themselves. Complete sets of BDM cards were also given to Jerry's widow, his daughter, Howling Wolf, K-NIC and Ruscal.

Thus endeth the initial distribution of the BDM series and the YMS #27 cards. More to follow upon request.

Edited by FlagMan

John visited Area 51 micro Friday and took one of bikedog's Memorial cards.

Today we visited Vu of El Capitan Reservoir and Kitchen Creek Cache and traded there as well.

Thanks again all!!!

Our genuine thanks go to Bikedog for placing these quality caches. We had the opportunity to interact with him via email during the Coin Quest but we never had the chance to meet him. We still can (in a way) through his caches and logs .

Our thoughts go out to his wife and daughter.

Thanks to all for creating the memorial series and pulling together to honor a great San Diego cacher!

John&Jess

Edited by John&Jess

I have had numerous requests for copies of the DVD that was played during Bikedog's Memorial Party on Saturday. The DVD is approximately 60 minutes long and contains a sampling of the things he loved in life. It even includes pictures of the 6 memorial trading cards. I will be happy to make a copy and send it to you for a minimum $10 donation to Jerry's memorial fund for the benefit of his daughter, Danielle. Please send a check to the following address made out to the "Gradisher Memorial".

Doug Dittrich

7996 Grado El Tupelo

Carlsbad, CA 92009

Thank you,

Howling Wolf

Dropped Max off at the veterinarian this morning to have his teeth cleaned. It's like major surgery and they have to put them under with anesthesia -- yikes! After that I stopped by Max's Favorite Park and dropped 20x YMS #28 cards. Of course, the Misprinter had a field day with this one. So if you stop by today, think happy thoughts for Max. I'll probably bring him back to the park this afternoon when his proceedure is done. :ph34r:

Edited by FlagMan
Dropped Max off at the veterinarian this morning to have his teeth cleaned.  It's like major surgery and they have to put them under with anesthesia -- yikes!  After that I stopped by Max's Favorite Park and dropped 20x YMS #28 cards.  Of course, the Misprinter had a field day with this one.  So if you stop by today, think happy thoughts for Max.  I'll probably bring him back to the park this afternoon when his proceedure is done.  :ph34r:

Poor Max! Our Lacey had the same thing done not too long ago! They said she would bite them if they didn't knock her out. I guess dogs don't like the dentist either! :ph34r: Maybe this will cheer Max up!

Edited by TrailGators
Maybe this will cheer Max up!

Double yikes!! Too many cats -- not nearly enough dogs!!

:ph34r: It would be very amusing to watch someone try to take their cat geocaching! :mad:

Edit: By the way, Sunday is the big celebration for Chinese New Year. 2006 is the year of the dog! So give all your dogs a pat on the head and a chewy stick on Sunday! :ph34r:

Edited by TrailGators

What kind of life am I living? Wednesday I was on the Kwaay Paay summit, Thursday on McGinty summit, this morning on North Fortuna summit, and then had to dash to Max's Favorite Park for the YMS #28 release.

Grabbed the usual, three sets of YMS #28 and three of the related missprint. That takes care of $kimmer, Splashette, and I. The park was deserted.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Headed down to MFP with PWson and Babybreeze to grab a few sets of YMS #28.....the misprint is very true, I can be such a "pain"! <_<

Great work to all for your time and efforts and Thank You to getwetsd for the nomination, it's an honor.

PassingWind

BTW...dropped of a PW button #13of20 and a cache nearby ;)

Headed down to MFP with PWson and Babybreeze to grab a few sets of YMS #28.....the misprint is very true, I can be such a "pain"! ;)

Great work to all for your time and efforts and Thank You to getwetsd for the nomination, it's an honor.

PassingWind

BTW...dropped of a PW button #13of20 and a cache nearby <_<

PW,

Sorry that I missed you. I was up on North Fortuna when your email hit my system so couldn't make it to the park until one-thirty or so.

Harmon

Headed down to MFP with PWson and Babybreeze to grab a few sets of YMS #28.....the misprint is very true, I can be such a "pain"!  ;)

PassingWind

BTW...dropped of a PW button #13of20 and a cache nearby <_<

PW,

Sorry that I missed you. I was up on North Fortuna when your email hit my system so couldn't make it to the park until one-thirty or so.

Harmon

Glad to hear there are plenty left! I'm stopping by there at about 9AM tomorrow morning.....

Edited by TrailGators

6:50 am.

Stopped by early this morning while the oven was warming up for breakfast biscuits. Picked up one each YMS #28 and #28 misprint. Also swapped a "Soccerasaurus" ball for a PW magnet that will go on display in our caching magnet hall of fame. There were still about 10 of each version when I left.

-GD

Introducing YMS #29 - blonds run amuck:

39c8003e-e8cb-4290-b991-cd33c2c9df49.jpg

Thanks, as usual, to Harmon for the great design work!

Max was completely neurotic today since the cabinet maker was in the house using his nail gun, so I took him with me on my ramblings. Dropped by Max's Favorite Park and dropped 20x YMS #29 cards (where's the Misprinter? Seems oddly missing in action on this one) and 5x YMS #28 cards plus misprints.

Better hurry, the new YMS#29 cards are going fast. Met Duncan! at the park. He took one YMS #29 and a YMS #28 misprint. I took five YMS #29 cards and one YMS #28 misprint. In my case that covers $kimmer, Splashette, the Blonds, and myself.

That leaves nineteen YMS #29 cards and three YMS #28 misprints.

Didn't want the Blonds to miss out on their own card just because they are away in Big Bear this weekend. Want some YMS cards little girls?

Harmon

Dang, how does an Edit work now?

Aha! now I've got it, cool, a Quick-Edit feature.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Better hurry, the new YMS#29 cards are going fast. Met Duncan! at the park. He took one YMS #29 and a YMS #28 misprint. I took five YMS #29 cards and one YMS #28 misprint. In my case that covers $kimmer, Splashette, the Blonds, and myself.

That leaves nineteen YMS #29 cards and three YMS #28 misprints.

Didn't want the Blonds to miss out on their own card just because they are away in Big Bear this weekend. Want some YMS cards little girls?

Harmon

Dang, how does an Edit work now?

Aha! now I've got it, cool, a Quick-Edit feature.

Also a reg #28. Left three zoo pins. Thanks,

D!