Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Yrium made a mistake as he was printing them he was going to have them in the order they joined geocaching or as they had contact with him and it just slipped by. At least thats what he told me after he printed the cards.

I don't know how many others he contacted before printing the cards, but he asked me if it was ok to do what he was doing with my card.

He was one of the good ones

Yrium made a mistake as he was printing them he was going to have them in the order they joined geocaching or as they had contact with him and it just slipped by. At least thats what he told me after he printed the cards.

I don't know how many others he contacted before printing the cards, but he asked me if it was ok to do what he was doing with my card.

He was one of the good ones

Great history! By the way, the Vagabond misprint has the story for Tuna on the back by mistake. I have also continued the tradition of requesting permission from each cacher before generating a new card. I haven't thought about doing anything for the reprints, though. I guess I figure the original permission extends to reprints, misprints, etc.

Now don't take this as an admission regarding the identity of the Misprinter. That knave is on my list, why I oughta!!

So, I never found out who ended up with the complete set of cards from the picnic?  Anyone know?

not sure who ended up with the set...it was lifted from the table by someone who doesn't want to fess up. we were hoping that person would notice that they took something they shouldn't have....no sign yet!

WHY I OUGHTA!!! :laughing:

Well I had the last ticket drawn with the comment that if the cards were still here I would have won them. Fortunately, I was pretty lucky with a couple other wins so I wasnt too disappointed. Besides, they would have been gone by then if they werent already gone (so to speak/write).

Hey wait, now that I think about it I had the first and last ticket drawn, so they would have been mine. I would have taken them for sure because I am too lazy to try and track down a complete set on my own. Now I am bummed.

Oh well, life goes on.

Edited by thekitedude

I stopped by Max's Favorite Park today after a wonderful time riding bikes with the family up at the lake. Wow, it was a nice day to be out and about. Anyhooo...this was my first visit to the cache since it had been moved and re-hidden. Way cool! Nice job, too bad water still makes it inside the main container. I did liberate a Duncan! regular and misprint cards, a couple of them still exist in the cache. Thanks Flagman!

We traded a YMS Duncan! for the original YP2 FlagSon that was in Duncan!'s Rainy Day cache, thinking that Andrew did not have an original in his collection... He does so we will be placing that one and the extra Duncan! misprint we have back in the wild. We also traded a YP#12 Superfly reprint and a YP #10 Grommit reprint for the two misprints in Three Sisters Photo Cache.

Thanks all!

J&J

Dropped 20x YMS #22 in Max's Favorite Park this morning. The Evil Misprinter beat me to the punch, of course. Why I oughta!

10/22/2005 7:45 am

Just happened to need to swing by Max's place this morning on a trip for a few groceries. Looks like I might be the first to see these cool cards in circulation. I left a Dan-oh "smudge" card in exchange for a regular Chuy and a misprint. Since there were so many of each type of Chuy card, I also picked up an extra regular Chuy to move along to another cache. Great design!

-GD

Just back from a run to Max's park. Happily grabbed the last Duncan, a Chuy, and a Chuy misprint for my set. Must be sixteen Chuy cards still in the container. Also confirm the Dan-Oh that Gecko Dad placed this morning.

Grabbed two Chuy cards for the Geobabes since they are out at the Truckhaven campout I do believe.

Now if I can only get $kimmer to remember that I asked her for the extra Princess Toadstool she has then my set will be complete once again.

Tom, thanks once again for your fine work and dedication to the Yrium cards. Of course it would have been nice to sleep in a while longer after a night at the movies with two grandchildren.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Kawikaturn and I met up to do some caching in PQ today. After a successful run, we stopped by Max's Favorite Park to grab the latest #22 Chuy and Chuy misprint cards. I now have the whole set except somehow I missed out on #21. Arghh!! That one must have come out when I was on vacation or something. Oh well! I'll have to hunt around for that one.

I'm happy to see that you guys incorporated the Chewbacca concept into the Chuy card! :mad: The Ginger comment was a crack up! :D Anyhow, it's good see that Chuy finally got a card because he deserves it! :D

B)

Congrats CHUY !!  Enjoy!

B)

Turned out nice didn't it? What a team.

Congrats Chuy!!

Great choice and excellent work all! ;);)

Stopped by Max's and grabbed one regular and one misprint. As of 2:30 there were 6 and 4 left, plus the Dan-oh misprint...

Also, we left an original YP2 (FlagSon) in Old Glory, Fletcher Point Peak on Sunday.

Thanks!

I figured I would stop by and see what all this card frenzy was about. I picked up a copy of Chuy and the misprint. It is a nice little park. I will have to bring back my geomutt with me when I have time. I also picked up a Princess Toadstool from the Iron Mountain Trail Cache (there is still one left if you want to head up, SD Rowdies).

so how many cards are there (just the 22 and misprints of each)? and what are they? I didn't want to read all the pages in this thread. I am still deciding if I want to try and collect them all.....

Dropped a few cards in Redneck Tri-City cache this morning.  YP1 ##5, 7, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17 & 19 plus YMS #22 and misprint.

you almost had me stopping by there on the way home but I decided against looting the cache for the cards. :)

But the UDesignit Card is up there !! :)

Stop it! I'm on my way right now.

***** Time passes *****

Just back from my trek to grab the Udesignit TB which I did. Figured that I wouldn't need my GPSr since it was my own cache; wrong. Looked everywhere two or three times except the right place once. Now I've showered and my sweaty, stained, and aromatic clothes are in the washer going roundy-round.

Delighted to have the card in hand and now am concerned about selecting the next-most deserving honoree. I've got a few people in mind but am open to thoughtful suggestions.

Thanks FlagMan, I really appreciate this opportunity. Glad you urged me to go for it. I was raised to pass the plate rather than taking the only serving and that lesson is still with me today. Result is that I've missed out on a lot of servings in my life but I've always felt good about it anyway.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
:ph34r:

Oops, Caching Widow doesn't cache..... :ph34r:

But I, PW, dropped a YMS #22 Chuy in Native Son this evening. Should be a nice grab for someone heading out to the desert this weekend.

hmm, I always seem to be behind on those Ramona caches. I guess now I know what caches I can try for after work on Friday night. I am thinking another bike ride around town might be good.

to keep this on topic. I took the Tuna reprint and a Duncan! from Static this evening. It is interesting being up on Woodson at night in the fog. :rolleyes: I can also say it sucks to lock your keys in the car at the base of woodson. :blink:

Introducing Yrium Memorial Series #23 - The Vulture:

Thanks, again, to Harmon, for the design.  On my way to Max's Favorite Park to drop a supply of the "real" cards.  I can only imagine what I might find there from the Misprinter!

2:00 pm.

Just happened to be online doing administrative (non-Geocache related) things when I see the autonotification of a post to Yrium's forum. Hustled down to Max's only to find I had beat the cards to the cache. Guess I'll read the text a little more closely next time. Good excuse to walk the perimeter of the old Rancho Mira Mesa spread, though. Took a regular and misprint. The latter is something else again. Thanks another memorable edition, Tom.

-Gecko Dad

Introducing Yrium Memorial Series #23 - The Vulture:

Thanks, again, to Harmon, for the design.  On my way to Max's Favorite Park to drop a supply of the "real" cards.  I can only imagine what I might find there from the Misprinter!

2:00 pm.

Just happened to be online doing administrative (non-Geocache related) things when I see the autonotification of a post to Yrium's forum. Hustled down to Max's only to find I had beat the cards to the cache. Guess I'll read the text a little more closely next time. Good excuse to walk the perimeter of the old Rancho Mira Mesa spread, though. Took a regular and misprint. The latter is something else again. Thanks another memorable edition, Tom.

-Gecko Dad

Sheesh! what's a person have to do?

Spotted the notification and headed out right away with Sandy to make our grab. Once there at 2:15 p.m. we spotted Gecko's 2:00 p.m. log entry. Dang! missed FlagMan and Gecko Dad by fifteen minutes.

We took four YMS#23 and four of the related misprints. That's one set for The Vulture, one set for $kimmer, one set for the Splashes, and one set for SD Rowdies.

Remaining in the container were ten YMS #23, five YMS #23 misprints, and two YMS #22.

I recently discovered that my YMS-card collection has a gap in it, YMS #20. At first I wasn't worried because $kimmer promised to give me the extra YMS #20 she has. That was umpteen weeks ago so I've just about given up hope of filling in a Princess Toadstool.

Anyway, another great job by FlagMan.

Also thanks to everyone that nominated candidates for YMS #23. I went with the strongest recommendation and with the best find/placement statistics. It's nice to know that there is still a long list of deserving YMS candidates. Long live the Yrium Memorial Series.

Harmon & Sandy of SD Rowdies

Edited by SD Rowdies