Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Introducing YMS #20 - princess toadstool:

9837279e-72bf-43d0-96bf-4c20326fb009.jpg

Max is pleased to host the princess' debut, and you will find 10x YMS #20 cards in the cache if you hurry. Much to my horror, there were already 4x YMS #20 misprints, depicting the princess in a most compromising position. From the look on her face, I could almost swear that she had crossed over to the Dark Side....

Edited by FlagMan

9837279e-72bf-43d0-96bf-4c20326fb009.jpg

Max is pleased to host the princess' debut, and you will find 10x YMS #20 cards in the cache if you hurry.  Much to my horror, there were already 4x YMS #20 misprints, depicting the princess in a most compromising position.  From the look on her face, I could almost swear that she has crossed over to the Dark Side....

Nice card! Hey Harmon where are the funny looking pants that you stuck on me? :lol: I am having minor withdrawal symptoms from not helping you guys on these. They are actually a lot of fun to create. Anyhow, let me know whenever you want some help......

Edited by TrailGators
Nice card! Hey Harmon where are the funny looking pants that you stuck on me?  :lol: I am having minor withdrawal symptoms from not helping you guys on these. They are actually a lot of fun to create. Anyhow, let me know whenever you want some help......

I did this one all on my own for a change. No particular reason, other than I just wanted to see if I could do it. Hope there's no hard feelings out there for not rounding up the usual suspects to collaborate....

Edited by FlagMan
Nice card! Hey Harmon where are the funny looking pants that you stuck on me?  :lol: I am having minor withdrawal symptoms from not helping you guys on these. They are actually a lot of fun to create. Anyhow, let me know whenever you want some help......

I did this one all on my own for a change. No particular reason, other than I just wanted to see if I could do it. Hope there's no hard feelings out there for not rounding up the usual suspects to collaborate....

No, of course not Tom! BTW, I have some ideas for Duncan! and Chuy whenver they get picked! ,,,,,,well at least some ideas for the misprints! :lol:

That's a great card, congratulations to Princess Toadstool.

It really pleases me to know how many of us can 'shop a photo. Good going FlagMan.

Max is pleased to host the princess' debut, and you will find 10x YMS #20 cards in the cache if you hurry.  Much to my horror, there were already 4x YMS #20 misprints, depicting the princess in a most compromising position.  From the look on her face, I could almost swear that she had crossed over to the Dark Side....

9:30 pm.

Gecko Gurl/Green Gecko (depends on which day you ask her) and I hustled down to Max's this evening. We picked up one regular PT and one "royal" PT. There are two of the dark side variations and many regular cards still in the cache. Left a YMS #2 of Night Hunter that I picked up earlier today on Eagle Mountain.

-Gecko Dad

So I was out and about today, and placed a few YMS #20 (princess toadstool) cards. The inevitable misprints showed up just about everywhere I placed one....

2x in A "View-tiful" Spot

3x in League of Extraordinary Geocachers

2x in Oranges Poranges! We'd Rather Have a Beer!

3x in BRESA DE LOMA

I'll probably be in the East county (Lakeside, Santee, Rancho SD, Jamul) tomorrow....

Edited by FlagMan
Took a Princess Toadstool from Pond Cache tonight. I left the missprint, so others could get a chuckle from it. Glad those missprints were not appearing when SS's card came out.  :lol:

Hey Harmon! :D

P.S. Congrats on reaching 800 today! That deserves a special card! :D

Edited by TrailGators
Left 1 x YMS#19 Trailgators in Central Jersey Cache Hunt (GCP88G)

and 1x YMS #19 and YMS#20 (misprint) in:  Raymond's Ridge Route (GCHCFX)

Don't ask the obvious question.....

--TT--

Hey I guess now I have national notoriety! :laughing: I spent a year in New Jersey while attending Columbia U and got to experience a NY subway strike while commuting between college and NJ.

Edited by princess toadstool

Well, I was out cachin' today and dang it if the Misprinter hadn't anticipated my every move! He/She placed misprints of #18 (kawikaturn) in the following caches:

RSD Mystery Cache

Just Showin' The Way

Smile, You're In Jamul

Almost On Top and

It Got Me Off The Couch #3.

I also noticed a misprint of YMS #20 (princess toadstool) in It Got Me Off The Couch #3.

The only card I placed was 1x YMS #20 (princess toadstool) in Just Showin' The Way.

So how long is the UDesignit Card going to sit in the wild before it is picked up?...not much of a race. ;)

caught! hope to provide a good one.....

kawikaturn misprint hitched a ride....though i had left it in the cache. it was stuck to the udesignit.

Congrats Dillion Gang on another UDesignit Card grab....who will be the next victim ? ;)

Heh! We almost headed over to the RSD Mystery Cache just to log and leave it the other day...but we were too torn up after fighting Quit Poking Me! ;)

Congrats Dillon Gang and to the next victim!

-------------------------------

Accounting time: We took the Night Hunter card from Somewhere in San Diego, thinking it was a misprint. It's not so we will return it to the wild soon, along with the extra #9 we have. Cache still has both versions of TrailGators. We also traded a $kimmer card for the Superfly in It's Not My Fault, aka Great View, By Cracky! I think we may have logged it in as FATTBOY by mistake.

Thanks all!

John&Jess

Well, Max really needed to get out of the house, so I took him over to Max's Favorite Park for a quick romp. While I was there I checked the cache, of course, and saw that there were still 2x YMS #20 (princess toadstool) and 1x misprint. I fumbled around a little more and found a whole pack of cards that were truly ODD! Eleven in total. The Misprinter has struck again! But the weirdest thing was when I got home I took a look at my own collection, and dang if the twelfth one of that ODD card weren't sitting right in order in my stack. How did it get there! Baffling....

Well, Max really needed to get out of the house, so I took him over to Max's Favorite Park for a quick romp. While I was there I checked the cache, of course, and saw that there were still 2x YMS #20 (princess toadstool) and 1x misprint. I fumbled around a little more and found a whole pack of cards that were truly ODD! Eleven in total. The Misprinter has struck again! But the weirdest thing was when I got home I took a look at my own collection, and dang if the twelfth one of that ODD card weren't sitting right in order in my stack. How did it get there! Baffling....

I was busy doing what scientists do when I got a visit from Jess with an ODD misprint in hand....fresh from Max's Park. I believe 4 misprints fell out so 6 are still secure along with the Toadstool card.

I stopped by Max's park today to take ONE J&J ODD card but on my way to visiting PW at work I found that three others had gotten in my car :D ... ;) I feel bad having so many so I have promised Cornerstone4 and D-Jollymon that I will give them each one :P:o !

As PW said, there were 6 left and one PT regular card.

Jess

I stopped by Max's park today to take ONE J&J ODD card but on my way to visiting PW at work I found that three others had gotten in my car :D ... :o I feel bad having so many so I have promised Cornerstone4 and D-Jollymon that I will give them each one :D :D

Just curious, is that how you all do group FTF's as well? Select one of you to log the rest in? :P

QUOTE (John&Jess @ Aug 18 2005, 07:53 PM)

I stopped by Max's park today to take ONE J&J ODD card but on my way to visiting PW at work I found that three others had gotten in my car  ...  I feel bad having so many so I have promised Cornerstone4 and D-Jollymon that I will give them each one   

Just curious, is that how you all do group FTF's as well? Select one of you to log the rest in? 

No, we all like to sign our own names so Jess just brings the containers to us working slobs and lets us sign them before she replaces it. :D

Just a heads up for accounting purposes. I was at The Big R today, and there were two YMS #1 (TucsonThompsen) cards in the cache, one correct and one misprint.

Congrats to $kimmer on winning an entire set of Yrium card reprints (YP1, Udesignit, YP2 and YMS cards) at the Meet & Greet.

Some of those YMS #17 ODD cards also made their way into some hands at the party...

Edited by FlagMan

These cards are floating all over, but a lot of them get snagged from Max's before I get there. I spotted a few caches I can hit to find some missing ones.

I have some for trade if anyone has duplicates. The ones I have available are:

1) Original series #20 Jeremy (original 2003 card)

2) UDesignit #2 B-NIC and K-NIC (original card 2003)

3) YMS #2 Night Hunter (July 2005 reprint)

4) YMS #12 devhead

Thanks to John (of John and Jess) for filling out a few missing spots!

I need:

Original series cards: 5 Beeque, 7 Monteverde, 9 Iron Chef, 10 Gromit (really want one!), 15 Jane8276, 16 Spashman and Splashette, 17 Team Gecko, 19 KNIC

YMS series: 5 Senior Sleuths, 15 DAK Girls, 16 Dillon Gang, and all the new ones (18, 19, 20)

I would not mind a replacement for my original series 12 (Superfly) and my YMS 14 (Dan-oh) because they were shoved in micros and all bent up.

Thanks

Parsa

Hey Parsa I'm enterested in the Jeremy card do y0u need any of the original cards, I have a Jane8276 #15 Yrium #13 Superfly #12 Gromit #10 Beeque #5

OOps guess I should have read all your post before replying, look like I have some trade material :D

Edited by vagabond

I just picked up the two remaining Princess Toadstool cards in Bresa de Loma (which somehow does not resemble a 1.5 star cache as I know it :D ). I'll move one of them to one of my new replacement containers, or will trade for any of the cards I listed above.

Parsa

Hey Parsa I'm enterested in the Jeremy card do y0u need any of the original cards, I have a Jane8276 #15 Yrium #13 Superfly #12 Gromit #10 Beeque #5

OOps guess I should have read all your post before replying, look like I have some trade material :D

8/5/2005

Left original Yrium's Pals cards #11 (Whistlestick) and #19 (K-nic) in Eagle Peak (GCPVER). They should still be there (as of 8/22/2005). Also left a #12 (Superfly) in It's Not My Fault (GCNQDX) back on 24 June but I see it has already been taken. Only remaining extra original Pals cards I still have available for distribution are:

#8 Zcat

#11 Whistlestick

#15 Jane8276

-Gecko Dad

OOps guess I should have read all your post before replying, look like I have some trade material :mad:

8/5/2005

Left original Yrium's Pals cards #11 (Whistlestick) and #19 (K-nic) in Eagle Peak (GCPVER). They should still be there (as of 8/22/2005). Also left a #12 (Superfly) in It's Not My Fault (GCNQDX) back on 24 June but I see it has already been taken. Only remaining extra original Pals cards I still have available for distribution are:

#8 Zcat

#11 Whistlestick

#15 Jane8276

-Gecko Dad

It sounds like you need to take a trip to Richland Stone Circle. :mad:

Actually, the Jane card is the main one I need, though I'm always willing to exchange originals for my repros. :mad: (I have to say though, the repro Tuna card I have is much nicer than the original which is why I'm keeping both.

Parsa

Edited by Parsa

OOps guess I should have read all your post before replying, look like I have some trade material :mad:

8/5/2005

#8 Zcat

#11 Whistlestick

#15 Jane8276

-Gecko Dad

Parsa-

I'm happy to give you my remaining extra Jane original. No need for an exchange as I have my original original set pieced together one-at-a-time in the "early days".

-Gecko Dad

I've got duplicates of Yrium PALS #1 Tuna (reprint) and #2 STORK (reprint) and YMS #10 pqcachers.

I've got some bigger gaps in the YMS series, I need:

YMS #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, & 15 .......Hear that? Sounds like the printer warming up.

Cheers

Edited by PassingWind
I've got duplicates of Yrium PALS #1 Tuna (reprint) and #2 STORK (reprint) and YMS #10 pqcachers.

I've got some bigger gaps in the YMS series, I need:

YMS #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, & 15 .......Hear that? Sounds like the printer warming up.

Cheers

I'm keeping track of all the requests and I will be making reprints at some point. I'll try to get some to North County for you, Parsa, since you rarely make it down below Lake Hodges. :laughing: FATTBOY wants me to "sell" him an entire set! Why I oughta!!! ;) Ya gotta collect 'em, dude! I am happy to make reprints based on requests, but they're just gunna get sent out there like all the rest. You gotta do SOME of the work! :D -FlagMan.

Thanks,

Although you (Tom) and John have given me a few cards, I did slog out to caches to find most of them. I even found some in Riverside County (such as the Gumby and Pokey card).

A couple years ago I used to get down every few weeks to clear out caches in sections of San Diego. Back then I'd sometimes clear everything except one or two caches. However, with more and more cachers and caches it seems I have a pretty full plate just getting the ones up north! Gosh, I still have all these KNIC caches to find. It's great for numbers, but all those unfound caches popping up every week is making me feel I'm somehow "behind." I guess it's early geocacher syndrome (EGS). Hehe.

Oh, and there's the gasoline issue, too.

Parsa

A couple years ago I used to get down every few weeks to clear out caches in sections of San Diego. Back then I'd sometimes clear everything except one or two caches. However, with more and more cachers and caches it seems I have a pretty full plate just getting the ones up north! Gosh, I still have all these KNIC caches to find. It's great for numbers, but all those unfound caches popping up every week is making me feel I'm somehow "behind." I guess it's early geocacher syndrome (EGS). Hehe.

Oh, and there's the gasoline issue, too.

Parsa

Guess it's time to move beyond "the good old days", Parsa. I, too, am still getting my mind around these new cluster hides, power trails, beta testers, etc, but at least there will never likely be any shortage of available caches to go hunt for whenever I can spring free for a few hours (much too rare an occassion this past year).

If anyone really thinks it necessary, we could potentially compare count statistics similar to comparing homeruns in dead ball/live ball eras. 365/year used to be an ambitious goal and took considerable effort to achieve. That seems closer to a bi-monthly goal for some of the newer generation of Uber cachers.

At this stage of dealing with my personal case of EGS, though, I feel especially blessed and reflect back fondly on the many opportunities I had to see and photograph so much of the San Diego backcountry, especially Cuyamaca and the Lagunas, before the Cedar fire and before I felt any urge to interupt a nice long run with stops every 500 feet or so. And heck, I can always run down for a YMS variations fix at Max's. ;)

-Gecko Dad