Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

I handed out a few YMS #17 (John&Jess) cards to the gang at Seymour Rocks today. I think each of the following cachers ended up with one: Chuy's elder daughter, Splashman/ette, Duscwe!, Idiosyncratic, TT and cergrube (or maybe it was Princess Toadstool). Some YMS #15 (The Dillon Gang), #15 misprints, and #16 (The DAK Girls) also escaped my grasp.

I am on my way to Max's Favorite Park to drop 10x more of these.

Oh, and by the way, there weren't ANY other cards in the cache when I placed the 10x YMS #17 cards.

Edited by FlagMan
I handed out a few YMS #17 (John&Jess) cards to the gang at Seymour Rocks today. I think each of the following cachers ended up with one: Chuy's elder daughter, Splashman/ette, Duscwe!, Idiosyncratic, TT and cergrube (or maybe it was Princess Toadstool). Some YMS #15 (The Dillon Gang), #15 misprints, and #16 (The DAK Girls) also escaped my grasp.

I am on my way to Max's Favorite Park to drop 10x more of these.

Oh, and by the way, there weren't ANY other cards in the cache when I placed the 10x YMS #17 cards.

6:45 am.

Stopped by Max's Park and picked up one YMS #17, John & Jess. There are nine remaining.

-Gecko Dad

We say don't postpone the race! Keep the race on!

I'm only going to do one card at a time. The race is postponed for a week. Let's plan on last out next Saturday, 6/25....

OK, the Udesignit Card TB will be dropped in a San Diego County cache immediately following the final out in the Padres game this Saturday, June 25th. As an additional incentive, a white jeep TB will simultaneously be dropped in the same cache. My plan is to hook Max up to one of those Dr. Seuss contraptions and dangle a burrito in front of him so that I can (hopefully) mush in a cooler. You may need something cold by the time you make it to the cache!

Stopped by Max's Favorite Park today to grab two #17 John&Jess cards

YIPPEEE!!! :lol:

As we said before, sooooo cool! :(

There were three left. I think in my excitement I signed that I took two #16 John&Jess cards. Oops.

Also, whoever was there before me had an interesting way of organizing things... :lol:

~Jess

Well, I was curious about the "interesting way of organizing things" at Max's Favorite Park, so I went out to take a look and discovered some knucklehead has been messing with my cards again! Why would anyone take a perfectly good picture of Becca and change it like that! And the other one -- well that's just COMPLETELY WRONG!! If I ever get my hands on the bozo who's doing this, well.....

WHY, I OUGHTA!!!!

Tigger's Mango and I are on our way out of town (again).

We will be hitting the road the morning after The "Shakespeare Quiz 2: Farewell to TT (Event Cache)"...If we are not toooooo hung over.

We will be driving to Oklahoma via the 40 and returning by way of Showlow AZ.

If you have any bugs, Jeeps or Mount10bike coins :lol: that would like to make the trip (one-way or RT) bring them to the Pub.

PS If you know of any "Must do" caches along the way please let us know.

We will be hitting the road the morning after The "Shakespeare Quiz 2: Farewell to TT (Event Cache)"...If we are not toooooo hung over.

If you have any bugs, Jeeps or Mount10bike coins :lol: that would like to make the trip (one-way or RT) bring them to the Pub.

We are also travelling to Oklahoma City later this summer. A fellow cacher from Oklahoma sent me a list of must-dos there. If you'd like the list, e-mail me.

Have a safe trip!

Picked up 2x YMS #17 John&Jess cards from Max's Favorite Park cache this morning with Baby Breeze in tow. There are plenty of them in the cache!! Any chance of getting a few of the #16 DAK Girls cards back in the cache since they all went unlogged somewhere? Didn't get a chance to grab one of those.

Edited by PassingWind

If you have any bugs, Jeeps or Mount10bike coins  :laughing: that would like to make the trip (one-way or RT) bring them to the Pub.

We are also travelling to Oklahoma City later this summer. A fellow cacher from Oklahoma sent me a list of must-dos there. If you'd like the list, e-mail me.

Have a safe trip!

Thanks...I just sent you an e-mail.

PS Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum.

Any chance of getting a few of the #16 DAK Girls cards back in the cache.....

Your wish is my command! Be careful with the #17 cards -- most of them in the cache right now seem to be some sort of cruel joke with poor Becca's picture horribly replaced with obvious imposters. And I saw another card in there that is just too disturbing for comment!

Edited by FlagMan

Your wish is my command! Be careful with the #17 cards -- most of them in the cache right now seem to be some sort of cruel joke with poor Becca's picture horribly replaced with obvious imposters. And I saw another card in there that is just too disturbing for comment!

6:15 am.

Doh! Thought I would be smart and hustle down to Max's little Hilton to grab a YMS #17 variation. Mission accomplished - except that I forgot to bring an exchange. I will rectify this oversight with something suitable out of our handful of remaining Yrium's Pals originals. There are three basic #17s and three oddities remaining. Thanks for keeping us on en-riched with the variety of YMS cards being put into circulation.

-Gecko Dad

Had a very interesting day including a visit to Max's Favorite Park. Read all about my misadventure on the cache page.

Took one YMS #17 and one of those weird YMS cards. Also left Buzz Lightyear TB and noted that the other TB was not in the container.

By my count there are two YMS #17 and only one of the weird cards remaining.

OK, the Udesignit Card TB will be dropped in a San Diego County cache immediately following the final out in the Padres game this Saturday, June 25th. As an additional incentive, a white jeep TB will simultaneously be dropped in the same cache. My plan is to hook Max up to one of those Dr. Seuss contraptions and dangle a burrito in front of him so that I can (hopefully) mush in a cooler. You may need something cold by the time you make it to the cache!

Forcast for Saturday (Game Time 1:10 pm):

Zone: High/Low

Coast: 68/62

Inland: 82/59

Mountains: 79/55

Desert: 102/68

Forgot to post yesterday that I visited Max's Favorite Park and dropped 3x YMS #15, 3x YMS #16 and 3x YMS #16 misprints.

On a related note, I have just completed a lengthy project of setting up all the original YP1, Udesignit and YP2 card templates. Some of the fronts had to be repaired somewhat because all I had was scanned images, but they turned out fine. The stats have been updated and the back images are not the same, but I think you will like the final product. So leave a post here as to which cards you would like to see in order to complete collections, etc.

See you after the game this afternoon! :ph34r:

Congrats to Trailgators for winning the "Amusing Race!" He gets the White Jeep TB and the UDesignit TB. Close second by only a minute or two was Jess of John&Jess, followed a few minutes later by TucsonThompson. Thanks to Splashman and Splashette who kept me company for the (very) few minutes that it took for the contestants to arrive! We just might have to do something like this against some time!

0c874e76-32b4-4353-a7ef-734d786f8b49.jpg

Edited by FlagMan
We say don't postpone the race! Keep the race on!

I'm only going to do one card at a time. The race is postponed for a week. Let's plan on last out next Saturday, 6/25....

I was the LUCKY one to grab the UDesign Card TB (and the White Jeep) from Yrium's Celebration cache today!!!! :ph34r:

I was planning my trip up 395 to Reno and my Gmail Notifier popped with the announcement about this bug AND a White Jeep TB being placed in Yrium's Celebration cache! I knew Tom was going to have an Amazing Race type challenge but I never seriously thought about doing it because I figured I would have a tough time getting to it before TT, John and Jess and many others. Luckily for me this cache is only about 5 miles from my house and I had already solved it, so I knew where it was and so I had an advantage! So I went for it! I hopped in my car and I made it to the cache in about 10 minutes. I ran up the trail to the cache and was huffing and puffing when and saw Flagman and the Splashes in lounge chairs waiting at the cache site. Luckily I was "the first team to arrive"!!!! Jess showed up about a minute later and TT showed up about 10-15 minutes after that. Talk about close!! Thanks for a really fun idea Tom! You gotta do it again! I'll keep my nomination quiet until the card comes out, but this person is very deserving!

I also grabbed a #16 Dillon Gang card and a #17 John and Jess card.

Introducing YMS #18 - kawikaturn:

61516d55-66b7-4fca-9955-c3a79123cc35.jpg

Thanks to Trailgators and Rocket Man for design concepts, and to Harmon, of course, for design implementation. As usual, my role was mostly cutting and pasting...

Left 15x YMS #18 (kawikaturn) in Max's Favorite Park. The inevitable misprints showed up as if on cue!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things (misprints) I cannot change....

Edited by FlagMan

Yep, another visit to my new favorite park...................again......

I came by to pick up a Kwiakaturn, but I took two, one is for $kimmer and I also took one misprint. QDman came walking up while I had everything spread out, thought I was 'had', but then he introduced himself, whew! Nice to meet you Randy! You guys are doing an amazing job on these cards!!!!!!

Thanks, Splashette

Jess grabbed 1x YMS#18 (kawikaturn) from Max's Park today.  There was one left, and several assorted reprints.  Very nice card! Congrats kawikaturn!!

Thanks!

J&J

Man, them thangs're goin' like hotcakes. Y'all got a sweet tooth it seems.

Kawikaturn is on th' bubble for bringing lots of Hershey Kisses to the next event.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Boy, those Kawikaturn cards went like hotcakes. This must be a record. Too bad I am stuck in Denver and Trailgators is up in Reno, so we couldn't make it to the park to nab one. Maybe Flagman will drop some in North County so I can get one this weekend (hint hint) RM

Edit: Harmon beat me to the punch on the hotcakes comment!

Edited by Rocket Man
Boy, those Kawikaturn cards went like hotcakes. This must be a record. Too bad I am stuck in Denver and Trailgators is up in Reno, so we couldn't make it to the park to nab one. Maybe Flagman will drop some in North County so I can get one this weekend (hint hint) RM

Edit: Harmon beat me to the punch on the hotcakes comment!

By seconds ... har, har, de har.

Jess grabbed 1x YMS#18 (kawikaturn) from Max's Park today.  There was one left, and several assorted reprints.  Very nice card! Congrats kawikaturn!!

Thanks!

J&J

Well, I guess my description of which cards remained in Max's Park was not entirely accurate...

Just assumed that what Jess described were the new release of reprints, turns out the were a few originals, courtesy of TT. Thanks much!

Ran out of the house tonight to pick up some original YP cards and ended up with one original UDesignit#3 (Halstaff) and one original YP#15 (JANE8276). Also took what I thought to be an original YP#11 (Whistlestick) and an pressumed original YP#8 (ZCAT). (In better light the latter two appear to be reprints.)

In return I left 1x YMS#17, 4 $coins, and our last unactivated Travel Bug tags. And crossed my fingers I could sleep at night! :D

Cache now has 1x YMS#1 (TT), 1x YMS#17 (John&Jess), 1x YMS#18 (kawikaturn) AND

1x YP#9 (IRON CHEF) original.

Thanks all!

John

Edited by John&Jess
Maybe Flagman will drop some in North County so I can get one this weekend (hint hint)......

I was thinking about doing exactly that! Seems to me that kawikaturn and the little ones have a relatively new cache up there......

As a matter of fact, I stopped by La Costa Kitty Cat at the same time Flagman was dropping off some new cards today and I picked up:

2x Kawikaturn #18

1x Kawikaturn #18 Misprint

2x Dan-oh #14 Misprint

3:30 pm.

I've been in Norfolk, VA on business since last Sunday and returned this afternoon. Stopped by Max's Favorite Park on my way home. Took one YMS #18 (Kawikaturn, regular - not a misprint). There are no remaining YMS cards. There is an original Yrium's Pals #9 (Iron Chef) still in the cache.

-Gecko Dad

P.S. I'll have to keep an eye out for the reprints of our YP #17 card. Just how did you modify the backs, Tom?

P.S. I'll have to keep an eye out for the reprints of our YP #17 card. Just how did you modify the backs, Tom?

Yes, I updated the stats on the reprints and updated the "printed on" date. I also couldn't always find the original back photo, so those have changed as well. On the Team Gecko reprint, I used your "2000th Cache" photo. C-YA! -Tom.

Tomorrow (July 4th) is the one-year anniversary of Yrium's passing. In celebration of his life and his many contributions to the game, I have prepared an entire set of reprints of the original Yrium Pals #1-#20, Udesignit #1-#3 and Yrium Pals Series 2 #1 cards. I'm on my way to Max's Favorite Park to drop them off. I meant to drop these in the Yrium Celebration Letterbox Cache, but I ran out of time running back and forth from Warner Springs and Evan's soccer tournament in La Jolla.

Here's to you, Yrium, the greatest Pal of all!

Edited by FlagMan
Tomorrow (July 4th) is the one-year anniversary of Yrium's passing.  In celebration of his life and his many contributions to the game, I have prepared an entire set of reprints of the original Yrium Pals #1-#20, Udesignit #1-#3 and Yrium Pals Series 2 #1 cards.  I'm on my way to Max's Favorite Park to drop them off.  I meant to drop these in the Yrium Celebration Letterbox Cache, but I ran out of time running back and forth from Warner Springs and Evan's soccer tournament in La Jolla. 

Here's to you, Yrium, the greatest Pal of all!

9:40 pm.

Gecko Gurl and I went down to Max's Favorite Park to see some stars and retrieve the reprint set. I'll take the set up to Yrium Celebration Letterbox Cache as Flagman originally intended. It is great to see some of the pioneers' cards back in circulation. We left a red/white/blue bead gecko I made tonight for this swap and Dotty Dalmation Travel Bug, recently landed from the Norfolk, VA area. Thanks again, Tom, for helping keep the Yrium card series alive and thriving.

-Gecko Dad

Edited by Team Gecko