Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

Some very rare cards have been dropped in Max's Favorite Park. We have the "separated at birth" cards: 2x YMS 007/9 with Dr. Boggis on one side and FATTBOY on the other side and 2x YMS #10/12 with pqcachers on one side and devhead on the other side. Also, the even more rare cards - 1x YMS #8 with FlagMan on both sides, and 1x YMS #11 with T. R. Violin on both sides.

Care to speculate as to exactly how these cards came about???

Edited by FlagMan
Some very rare cards have been dropped in Max's Favorite Park. We have the "separated at birth" cards: 2x YMS 007/9 with Dr. Boggis on one side and FATTBOY on the other side and 2x YMS #10/12 with pqcachers on one side and devhead on the other side. Also, the even more rare cards - 1x YMS #8 with FlagMan on both sides, and 1x YMS #11 with T. R. Violin on both sides.

I can't even BEGIN to figure it out!

8:30 am.

I found the new, improved, relocated Max's Favorite Park this morning. Took four different YMS double-headed misprints: Fattboy/Boggis (7/9); Flagman/Flagman (8/8);PQCachers/Devhead (10/12); TRViolin/TRViolin (11/11). There are still two remaining double-headed misprints: Fattboy/Boggis and PQCachers/Devhead.

In exchange, I left two original Yrium's Pals cards: Whistlestick (#11/20) and Jane 8276 (#15/20).

A complete set of YMS #1-12 is also still available from this cache.

-Gecko Dad

I stopped by Max's Favorite Park and picked up the following:

3x YMS #13 (Parsa) - One each for me and TG and one to place elsewhere.

1x YMS #2 (Night Hunter) - For TG

2x YMS #12 (Devhead) - One each for me and TG

1x YMS #7/9 (Dr. Boggis/FATTBOY Hybrid) - Strange Card!

Still left in the cache are:

1x YMS #3 (Sandy Creek Cowboys)

1x YMS #5 (The Senior Sleuths)

1x YMS #6 (Rocket Man)

1x YMS #8 (FlagMan)

1x YMS #9 (FATTBOY)

1x YMS #10 (pqcachers)

1x YMS #11 (T. R. Violin)

4x YMS #13 (Parsa)

I wish a couple of $kimmers would show up in the cache. I need one of those.

FYI: When in Denver, I was talking to one of my coworkers and he said his dogs name was Max. I told him about Flagman's dog and he said that Max is the most popular dog name there is.

Rocket Man

...When in Denver, I was talking to one of my coworkers and he said his dogs name was Max.  I told him about Flagman's dog and he said that Max is the most popular dog name there is....

Say it isn't so! There's only ONE Max as far as I am concerned!!

993631_200.jpg

Edited by FlagMan
Udesignit is unleased into the wild again...it has flown the coop!

Just tweaked it a bit so that anyone out there interested in grabbing the bug has a fair chance at it. There used to be two options -- the cacher who has it could place it in a cache -- or Yrium (now FlagMan) could grab it and place it and the last finder could keep the card as a souvenir. I just eliminated the first option. Hope that's OK with everyone out there. The temptation to just hand the card to another cacher seems to be somewhat at odds with the spirit of the original idea..... B)

Introducing YMS #13 - Parsa

277f93e7-4e30-4878-93f6-9fc50372c8b6.jpg

Dropped 8x YMS #13 (Parsa) in, where else, Max's Favorite Park. To my complete astonishment there were already two misprints in the cache! How does this happen! :anibad:

The card looks great. Thanks.

Now I have to get out and actually go caching.

Quite coincidently to your card release is the AAA project going on right now. Two guys were given cars and GPS receivers (those were donated by Garmin), and they are driving down Route 66. They will be planting several geocaches along the way as well doing other stuff that will no doubt update AAA's Route 66 map and info.

http://www.aaa-calif.com/travel/promo/campaign/route66.asp

Steve

Left 5x YMS #14 (Dan-oh) cards in The Proctor Valley Monster Project.

Strangest thing -- when I looked at the rest of the cards in my swag bag, I noticed some faint smudges along the yellow border. I didn't notice these smudges on any of the cards left in caches so far. My eyes aren't good enough to make it out, but it sort of looks like some weird characters. Probably just need to change my print cartridges. But, I wonder......

Dropped 8x YMS #14 (Dan-oh) in (guess where) Max's Favorite Park.

To my shock and amazement, there were no misprints (not that some won't surface eventually :laughing:). But there are two variants....

10:00 am.

Came by to pick up a new Dan-oh card and hoped to see a variation. No such luck today but I was able to get a standard card, or so I presume. Not sure where the other four disappeared. Are they camouflaged?

There is now one Dan-oh left as well as a TR Violin card, two Parsa cards , and a PQ Cachers card. I left a Dr. Boggis card in exchange.

-Gecko Dad

The Splashes picked up:

Two Dan-oh cards (one for $kimmer)

Two Parsa cards (one for $kimmer)

No more Parsa's left in Max's Favorite Park, several Dan-oh's are left but we aren't sure because we couldn't really see them...........

Thanks Tom, awesome job as usual!