email limitation: one resume email of all week finds instead one email by finds?

rca85

Hi guys,

what do you think to reduce the number of email received? to reduce the footprint?

Instead receiving an email for each finds the owner could received one email by week which resume by cache or by finders for the last week?

let me know your pro&con!

happy caching

rca85

I do prefer one mail for each log.

- Some cachers write essential information like wet log book or broken container in the found it-log instead of logging needs maintenance. 

Receiving this information only weekly will prolong owner maintenance.

- I read most log mails when they arrive and immediately delete them. If it's an log on an challenge I let it be and check it later. Or an log that needs to be checked if there is an signed log. These mail can be moved to an special folder to be checked later.

Having one mail with hundreds of log will make hard to sort then out.

- Most important to me is that it's easier to read hundreds of individual mails arriving one after one time than one with hundreds of logs at one time.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2
7 hours ago, rca85 said:

what do you think to reduce the number of email received? to reduce the footprint?

Instead receiving an email for each finds the owner could received one email by week which resume by cache or by finders for the last week?

let me know your pro&con!

I think a weekly summary would be too infrequent. A daily summary might work.

The system would also need to call out logs of certain types (NA, NM, DNF), so maybe each log type should have its own summary email.

• Upvote 1

I regularly check my emails by I agree we are getting too many of them. Publishing a cache is 6 emails...

5 minutes ago, niraD said:

I think a weekly summary would be too infrequent. A daily summary might work.

The system would also need to call out logs of certain types (NA, NM, DNF), so maybe each log type should have its own summary email.

I totally agree with this.

6 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

I regularly check my emails by I agree we are getting too many of them. Publishing a cache is 6 emails...

Let's see, there's:

• acknowledgement email when you submit a cache for publication
  • owner notification of your Reviewer Note log
  • a hidden Reviewer Note log listing the coordinates of all the waypoints and final, which establishes a paper trail if there are later issues with changed coordinates I guess
  • the reviewer's Publish log
  • the "Hooray!" email from HQ
  • if the cache is within range of one of your instant notifications for new caches, that will also generate an email

Four of these are generated from logs on the cache page, which is how the system works, anything that gets logged on a cache results in an email to the owner. I think it's important that it stays that way. The initial acknowledgement email I think is also important as a reassurance that the cache has gotten into the system. The only one that's really not adding much value is the Hooray! one. But is this really a problem, I mean how many times a day, each and every day, are you submitting new caches for publication? And if the quantity of publication emails is a deterrent to people placing large power trails, maybe that's a good thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1