Is It OK to Immediately Disable an Approved New Cache to Set Up Hardware then enable.

Chipper3

3 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

How about, before you start, create a dummy cache page, probably a multi, with physical waypoints at all the locations you want to use in your PT, and submit that to your reviewer for a coordinates check. If the reviewer says all clear, the existence of that dummy page should give you precedence over anyone else who might be eyeing the trail.

Thank you barefootjeff
I think I had already read that suggestion further up on this thread, and that does seem to be the best way, although if I remember correctly there were still some different thoughts on whether or not a cache should be in place for that submission, even for a coordinates check. If it can be done, that is probably what I will do in the future.

15 hours ago, SeekTheCache said:

That doesn't really work.

Originally, I buit and placed two caches on those fields. When I submitted them, I was told they could not be published because they were strapped to a species of tree that is protected, which I didn't know at the time.

I don't understand how your original question, about placing a temporary container, would have avoided this.

I think the solution to your problem is to go to the reviewer and ask for help instead of depending on the normal mechanisms. I assume your reviewer would be willing to work with you to avoid the problems you're describing. Certainly whatever made him realize the problem with the tree species after you officially published the cache could have been sorted out by going over the same information with him during the coordinate checks. The standard procedures aren't designed to handle anything as complicate as you're talking about, but my impression is that reviewers are open to handling special cases outside the box.

• Helpful 1
7 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

The Help Centre is pretty explicit about that:

image.png.5ac3697aa40e7930e2fb52e1d0d8fe72.png

6 hours ago, dprovan said:

I don't understand how your original question, about placing a temporary container, would have avoided this.

I think the solution to your problem is to go to the reviewer and ask for help instead of depending on the normal mechanisms. I assume your reviewer would be willing to work with you to avoid the problems you're describing. Certainly whatever made him realize the problem with the tree species after you officially published the cache could have been sorted out by going over the same information with him during the coordinate checks. The standard procedures aren't designed to handle anything as complicate as you're talking about, but my impression is that reviewers are open to handling special cases outside the box.

Thank you both. A submission for coordinates check purposes seems to be the answer.

Thanks

• Helpful 1