geocaches found list in others profile

SuperKrypto

it would be nice to have to ability to click through fellow geocachers' Found list in their profile. we did have that ability before the profile update. i like to see what my friends are up to. i like to see how others rate terrains or tree climbs so i can be safe. it also helps me avoid doing a long difficult mystery cache if it possibly ends up in a location we can't get to. it's a very handy feature for many reasons, and i would like to see it returned to other's profiles (i do have the ability on my own profile).

gf.jpg

• Helpful 2
36 minutes ago, SuperKrypto said:

it would be nice to have to ability to click through fellow geocachers' Found list in their profile.

I don't know whether I'm missing something but you can do this already. Here's your found list I arrived at by  clicking your name in the above post, then the Geocaches tab. I can further click on the lists in the Found or Owned columns to get the detailed cache lists:

image.png

Edited by MartyBartfast
  • Helpful 1
14 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

I don't know whether I'm missing something but you can do this already. Here's your found list I arrived at by  clicking your name in the above post, then the Geocaches tab. I can further click on the lists in the Found or Owned columns to get the detailed cache lists:

Note that SuperKrypto is not a premium member.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
7 minutes ago, SuperKrypto said:

hmmm, this may be the issue. another thing i'm locked out of because i'm not a premium member...?

From the Release Notes thread about the changes made last April:

Other differences to note:

• With this change, we removed the workaround for Basic members to access Premium member filter options. 
  • Basic members no longer see all finds from another player.
  • The new search results don’t show some of the information that the old search results show. For example if a cache contains trackables or has an uncleared Needs Maintenance icon.
  • Results are limited to 1000 caches (please use sorting and filtering to further narrow down the results as necessary).

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, HHL said:

No. I just logged in as a plain Member and I can see your found geocaches with this URL:

https://www.geocaching.com/p/default.aspx?u=SuperKrypto&tab=geocaches#profilepanel

Some people here are posting Fake News.

No, they're right I tested it too and while you can see the Found list, it's not a clickable list so you can't click into them and see the actual caches, the most detail  you can see is this:
(note the Owned list is clickable).

image.png