How to search a cache by its name

Bergbauer

I wonder if there is a sample solution for searching a cache when you know its name, but not the GC code neither the exact area.

The old search dashboard provided a field for searching by name. This doesn't work anymore. If used, you will be redirected to the new search page. I know there is a trick by using the old search page and then clicking on "advanced search options" on the bottom of the page. I don't think that this is the recommended solution and it can be assumed that the old search will be shut off in the next months.

The new search does not provide a search by name. Using Google doesn't work always. Entering "geocache" followed by the name of the cache, often leads to many search results except the cache listing.

So what's the recommended method?

1 hour ago, Bergbauer said:

The new search does not provide a search by name.

Yes it does. On the starting page, just click on the Filters button without entering anything into the Search field:

image.png.192a82ffc454cc98131c3e6539761540.png

Then, in the left-hand column of the Filters page, enter a region to search (country, state, city, etc., unless you want to search the whole world in which case leave it blank) and put the name you're looking for in the Geocache name contains field.

image.png.c23edb24d2940e15e164996ced0d62ce.png

• Helpful 2