The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Just found this out so I figured I'd share it with you guys.

It's actually kind of cool!

Tonight at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be:

01:02:03 04/05/06! :anibad:

If you're from anywhere else in the world, that event won't come until next month :)

01:02.03, 04/05/06 is the 4th of May. Either that or I was born on the 8th day of the 17th month :laughing:

Tonight at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be:

01:02:03 04/05/06! :anibad:

Don't you work?????? :laughing: great fact though....perhaps a locationless cache...Where were you when this occured..

It's called multi-tasking dude! :) Isn't technology great! I was running an app (for my job) and waiting for the results (slow server) so at the same time I read that cool factoid in my email and then posted it here....

I can't tell you where I was when it happened because it hasn't happened yet. We still have 12+ hours to go until will happen.....

Vagabond, I'm not looking forward to the upcoming 06/06/06 date. :anibad:

Edited by TrailGators

01:02:03 04/05/06! :P

Don't you work?????? :anibad: great fact though....perhaps a locationless cache...Where were you when this occured..

It's called multi-tasking dude! :) Isn't technology great! I was running an app (for my job) and waiting for the results (slow server) so at the same time I read that cool factoid in my email and then posted it here....

I can't tell you where I was when it happened because it hasn't happened yet. We still have 12+ hours to go until will happen.....

Vagabond, I'm not looking forward to the upcoming 06/06/06 date. :)

:laughing: Just keep the garlic and silver bullets and the crosses handy :anibad::)

01:02:03 04/05/06! :)

If you're from anywhere else in the world, that event won't come until next month :anibad:

True....But most of the world also drives on the right side of the road like us! :laughing:

True....But most of the world also drives on the right side of the road like us! :laughing:

But who is to say what the "right" side is...? :anibad:

(BTW, the LLOT mantra to recite over and over when driving around the English countryside is "The right side is the wrong side.")

The steering wheel on the wrong side of the car probably helps you remember! :)

The steering wheel on the wrong side of the car probably helps you remember! B)

Oddly enough, this does not help as much as you'd think it would... B) There's always that moment when you decide that the steering wheel belongs on the left side of the lane even though it's on the right-hand side of the car. This has the unfortunate result of putting the left side of the car into the hedge alongside the road er, I mean, carriageway.

Actually, the third day is usually the worst. The first couple of days, you are highly sensitive to the need to "drive on the wrong side." On the third day, the wrong side starts to feel normal. This is the danger moment because -- in that critical time when something unexpected happens -- you won't be sure about which side is the wrong side. -_-

This is moment when repeating the LLOT mantra pays off... :P

Folks,

Sorry for my recent disappearance from the threads and all, but shockingly real life has gotten in the way.

:D

Anywho, as some of you know, Kary and I are pregnant (well....she is and I just stand dumbly by pointing and saying yup....that's my work!). And found out recently that.........

<drumroll>

It's going to be a boy!!!!!!

DancinBanana.gif

Andrew Garratt Thompsen is the name we've settled on for now.

I'll post some ultrasound shots when I unpack the scanner from our move.

As I said....real life getting in the way for LocaRoja and I.

--TT--

Folks,

Sorry for my recent disappearance from the threads and all, but shockingly real life has gotten in the way.

Anywho, as some of you know, Kary and I are pregnant (well....she is and I just stand dumbly by pointing and saying yup....that's my work!). And found out recently that.........

<drumroll>

DancinBanana.gif

--TT--

Congrats TT! Will you be employing the "quiet birth" technique? LOL.

My third son was born just 2 weeks ago, and my oldest (now 4 yrs old) has recently started to show an interest in geocaching. My geocaching army is now complete! Muhahahaha!

-Tony

Holy toledo, Tony, I had no idea! You never said a word!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Hope mama and baby are doing fine!!

Congrats TT! Will you be employing the "quiet birth" technique? LOL.

My third son was born just 2 weeks ago, and my oldest (now 4 yrs old) has recently started to show an interest in geocaching. My geocaching army is now complete! Muhahahaha!

-Tony

Jeff (and Kary)! Congratulations!

I must say, though, that we could really use your assistance here in San Diego. New caches have been popping up like mushrooms in MTRP lately. (Thirteen of my twenty nearest unfound caches have the "NEW!" icon next to them.) We sure could use a few retaliatory MTRP Nuisance Caches... :D

(And Bitmap! Congratulations too!)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!

I can't wait to see how many hours after birth you will be out caching. I say 3. Anyone else?? :(

Folks,

<drumroll>

DancinBanana.gif

--TT--

Folks,

<drumroll>

DancinBanana.gif

--TT--

So there really will be a MINI ME! Excellent! Mucho Felicitaciones!!

So when's the wedding? [sorry, guys, I couldn't resist....]

Edited by FlagMan

Folks,

Anywho, as some of you know, Kary and I are pregnant (well....she is and I just stand dumbly by pointing and saying yup....that's my work!).

Congratulations! Welcome to the world of parenthood and all the adventures it will bring y'all.

Todd & Marie

Folks,

<drumroll>

DancinBanana.gif

--TT--

Now you've gone and done it TT. You think puzzle caches are fun just wait until little Andrew becomes a teen.

We are all surprised, pleased, and happy for you and Kary. Of course we await photos of the little fella as soon as he breaks out.

By the way, what's the expected due date?

Harmon & Sandy

Edited by SD Rowdies
TrailGators and I were talking about the GC banner photos today. FYI, here are the current photos in the queue:

Large Banner Images

Small Banner Images

Trying to find local photos here shows the importance of having an informative photo caption! I did spot a couple SD photos though:

b90af55d-9e32-47e1-9421-e253c83208f9.jpg133e474a-4235-48a4-8153-f8ad47599d1b.jpg5c80b460-b4aa-48c3-ab09-096aec677541.jpg85acfd13-16ff-4db3-a5d1-e245520ab100.jpg5b0d01f5-4bf1-4d36-b915-2d30f36bb026.jpg

Glad to see that GC.com has added galleries for the banner photos. I hadn't noticed that yet. Thanks

RM

TrailGators and I were talking about the GC banner photos today. FYI, here are the current photos in the queue:

Large Banner Images

Small Banner Images

Trying to find local photos here shows the importance of having an informative photo caption! I did spot a couple SD photos though:

b90af55d-9e32-47e1-9421-e253c83208f9.jpg133e474a-4235-48a4-8153-f8ad47599d1b.jpg5c80b460-b4aa-48c3-ab09-096aec677541.jpg85acfd13-16ff-4db3-a5d1-e245520ab100.jpg5b0d01f5-4bf1-4d36-b915-2d30f36bb026.jpg

Glad to see that GC.com has added galleries for the banner photos. I hadn't noticed that yet. Thanks

RM

Thanks for sharing the link TFTC! That will make it much easier for us to find the SD photos that make the main GC page! :laughing: I really like that one of Carol on the far right! :rolleyes:

Wow!! It seems like such a long time since we have looked at the forums or even visited the geocaching web site. Our last geocaching was in February for our Palm Springs caching trip and I guess we picked up our own little Tex&Capie "travel bug" while there! Yep, Capie is expecting a new little San Diego geocacher due around Thanksgiving! :laughing: Must have been all that clean desert air! This was a surprise for us and the shell shock is now wearing off....so on that note I think we will go caching today!! :rolleyes:

P.S. In my excitement I accidently made a new topic instead of a new reply. How do I delete this new topic? Thanks.

Edited by Tex&Capie
Wow!! It seems like such a long time since we have looked at the forums or even visited the geocaching web site. Our last geocaching was in February for our Palm Springs caching trip and I guess we picked up our own little Tex&Capie "travel bug" while there! Yep, Capie is expecting a new little San Diego geocacher due around Thanksgiving! :o Must have been all that clean desert air! This was a surprise for us and the shell shock is now wearing off....so on that note I think we will go caching today!! :bad:

P.S. In my excitement I accidently made a new topic instead of a new reply. How do I delete this new topic? Thanks.

Congratulations!!!

Nothing else in your lives will ever compare to being parents. Take lots of time and enjoy every second of it!

Jeff

Edited by drexotic

Back from Tennesse....and thanks to those who sent emails. Tiff was quite moved.

Sides issue: what's the average length of time for a cache in SD before the FTF? If you're lucky it's about 5 hours. In Tennesse - it's about 5 days. GCV9G4

Missed all the storms on the way in, and on the way out.

Our next trip - planned of course - Australia at Thanksgiving. Daughter #1 has agreed to maintain a cache for us there - might even make it a Stargate.

TT's nephews enjoy geocaching a bunch. You just gotta pick and choose when and where to take them.

Here's some pics of TT's nephews.

bd2ba586-18f7-4c47-8338-4455125a52b3.jpg

4 month old Jason at the Florence Arizona area Campout Event cache last month (where I met Thunder-4!)

99c4660e-0523-4f10-a077-234865163fad.jpg

My son Colin at a desert geocache

Tiff,

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Sides issue: what's the average length of time for a cache in SD before the FTF? If you're lucky it's about 5 hours. In Tennesse - it's about 5 days. GCV9G4

At MTRP, about 20 minutes.

I hear there are geocachers camped out on the hills watching for new caches to be placed. :anibad:

TT's nephews enjoy geocaching a bunch. You just gotta pick and choose when and where to take them.

4 month old Jason at the Florence Arizona area Campout Event cache last month (where I met Thunder-4!)

Cute kids, Dave. But where are the spots?

Cute kids, Dave. But where are the spots?

:anibad: They are cute. I was thinking that a good caption for the bottom photo might be: "Uncle TTs puzzle caches are a piece of cake!" <_<

The expected due date is on or around August 9th. So I'm pretty much saving all those vacation days I can until then. Thanks for everyone's well-wishes and support. We truly appreciate it!

--TT--

(of course, Cow Spots only posts the good pictures. He won't post that picture of the time he made Cow Spot, Jr. retrieve a cache in a drain pipe like a sapper in Nam, will he?)

In keeping with a tried and true San Diego tradition I shall now change my geocaching name. Like others before me, Duncan, Miragee, Habu!, Chuy!, I have decided that lostguy51 no longer suits me. When I first created my account I wanted to be known as Lostguy but it was already taken by someone with no finds or hides & it still has no finds or hides. I added 51 to lostguy as this was the year I was born. Well now I have decided to drop the 51 as I don't want anyone to know the year I was born. From this day forth I shall be known as "Lostguy". I have the include the parenthesis so it will be accepted by the website. I am still very Lost and still very much a guy but I am no longer old. Thank you for accepting my new identity. I still haven't figured out if this will post as a new item or be added to some existing post. If it comes out stupid then will someone please enlighten me.

More than half the coins have been logged into caches. There are now clues to the rest of the coins locations.

We lucked out and found Jack Ryan quite by chance...err, I mean were really good at this! :huh:

D!

The Game Is ON! Comrades/Enemies Geocoins

Duncan!, Gobolts! and tigger's mango are running away with it. Anyone else seriously in the game?

<_< There is a game? :D

Apparently Duncan!, Gobolts! and Tigger's Mango know how it works! I'm speculating the coins are in caches but not logged into them and have to be found?

Edited by Duncan!
More than half the coins have been logged into caches. There are now clues to the rest of the coins locations.

We lucked out and found Jack Ryan quite by chance...err, I mean were really good at this! <_<

D!

Heh, well, considering the cache he is in is now disabled... :D

She disabled all of her caches for some reason. GB! didn't know this at the time he placed it in the cache.

D!

We lucked out and found Jack Ryan quite by chance...err, I mean were really good at this! <_<

D!

Heh, well, considering the cache he is in is now disabled... :D

Edited by Duncan!

Does anyone have a clue why "travelita" disabled all of her caches?

She did it around 1850...and all she wrote was "* Required".

We did Adrenaline Rush today...got home went to log it and????

She's worried that her coords are not accurate. I haven't had any problems at all with her coords. Seems the coords for The Ghost may have an error, but who hasn't made an error with coords before? I will certainly admit to multiple such errors. Other than the Ghost, all her other caches have been found without much difficulty. I hope she brings them all back soon...

Edited by FlagMan

She's worried that her coords are not accurate. I haven't had any problems at all with her coords. Seems the coords for The Ghost may have an error, but who hasn't made an error with coords before? I will certainly admit to multiple such errors. Other than the Ghost, all her other caches have been found without much difficulty. I hope she brings them all back soon...

I have done three of her caches and the coords have been great.

and as far as coord errors....I am sad to say that I have done it twice and sent two cachers on a wild goose chase.

I think she also removed her User Profile info. I recall looking at it last week, and there was a photo of her and a short bio...everything has now been removed.

-Tony

Ventura Kids finally made some Geocoins. :o

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for my message.... I just found out there are forums :blink:

I joined a group of Obsessed geocachers and we made a set of coins.

The Obsessed Geocoin Collection

These four geocachers combined have found over 37000 caches.

We are all from California!

If you collect geocoins, we are selling them in a set of 4 coins.

I think mine looks the best.

Sorry I missed that last campout at Skillets place. I was concerned for the weather, and judging by all the pictures, I was right! :P

We hope to see everyone at the next event. :o

I have done three of her caches and the coords have been great.

and as far as coord errors....I am sad to say that I have done it twice and sent two cachers on a wild goose chase.

:o:blink:Yea you sure did :o:P

Ventura Kids finally made some Geocoins. :P

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for my message.... I just found out there are forums :o

I joined a group of Obsessed geocachers and we made a set of coins.

The Obsessed Geocoin Collection

These four geocachers combined have found over 37000 caches.

We are all from California!

If you collect geocoins, we are selling them in a set of 4 coins.

I think mine looks the best.

Sorry I missed that last campout at Skillets place. I was concerned for the weather, and judging by all the pictures, I was right! :o

We hope to see everyone at the next event. :P

Why was #1 left out....who wants to own #2-5.

I think I will hold out until the #1 most obsessed cacher gets her coin.

Wow...and your only charging $80.00 :blink: