The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

LLOT, I figured you'd be out there to get Tom's new cache off your 5 mile radar! :mad: Duganrm and I almost put one in that old Samurai ourselves when we were last out there... We cleared out all the caches on that mountain that day. It was nice while it lasted. Of course clearing any area of caches is like digging a hole in sand! B)
Yep, this'll be the fifth time in a year that we've cleared off that mountain... :P

Oh . . . if I place another one on Mt. McGinty, will you come back down this way? :mad:

I'm still waiting for LLOT to come find the original set . . . :D

I'm still waiting for you to fill up McGinty -- I can still see some gaps in Google Earth... :D

Did anyone have problems with their GPSr today, I did 12 Caches and at least 10 of them it was all over the place. Went with Fattboy to do a Cache with his GPSr and it was way off. Just wondering how every one else did?

My GPSr was pretty solid today -- except for that new cache up by Black Mountain. On that one, my GPSr had us about a third of a mile off... :D:):D

There were some anomalies throoughout the day, but it always settled down, and I didn't have any problem finding stuff, except for cegrube's new feedbag cache...

Funny thing on that Feedbag cache -- it was our second FTF today and our second cache that we found after the cache owner gave us corrected coordinates. :D

Maybe there were some anomalies today... :D

The Solar Flare

Edited by SD Rowdies

Some of you had asked to be updated if another contest similar to the Coin Quest happened again.

I don't have the details yet, but here is an email I received announcing the next contest...

To all TheCachingPlace.com Coin Quest Players,

We are pleased and excited to bring you a brand new GPS Adventure

Quest-The Hermits Quest for Gold which begins March 25!

A link will be made available on Wednesday, March 22 on our home page so

you can register to play. Make sure you spread the word to all of your

caching friends and family!

Let the Hermits Quest for Gold begin!

http://www.TheCachingPlace.com

Hey guys got a quick question, I want to take a 1-2 mile hike tommorow and am taking the girlfriend and the dog, what would be a decent little hike, that I could get a bunch of caches along the wayalso, just maybe one that has stood out for you guys, thanks for the help, and also If you could hook me up with directions or waypoints to the starting point,

Thank you

(DKZ) EL CHORIZO

Old Highway 80 or Oakoasis are also options.

The Oakoasis loop is what I thought of when I read this request...

Hey thanks for the helpguys, I did about 4 1/2 miles up mission trails got a few along the way and placed 2 thanks for the tips, i will probably hit up mcguinty this weekend and the oakoasisi the following weekend again thanks for all the help, by the way, when is the next event going to be, I could not make the last one but definitely want to go to the next one, thanks again guys

Another nice loop trail with several caches is the Visitor's Center Loop trail at MTRP...

A group of us from San Diego attended the Ladder Canyon "Lunchmeet" this weekend. It was very fun! They had a poker run but we went and hiked through the cool ladder canyon instead. Anyhow, to make a long story short 7 of the cachers logged each of the stages for the poker run as a find. So basically they all attended the event 8 times! MightyDee and I both posted notes to let them know that they are basically pumping up their numbers by logging caches that were not approved. What do you guys think?

A group of us from San Diego attended the Ladder Canyon "Lunchmeet" this weekend. It was very fun! They had a poker run but we went and hiked through the cool ladder canyon instead. Anyhow, to make a long story short 7 of the cachers logged each of the stages for the poker run as a find. So basically they all attended the event 8 times! MightyDee and I both posted notes to let them know that they are basically pumping up their numbers by logging caches that were not approved. What do you guys think?

thumbsdown.jpg

I agree with RM's sentiments BUT, here's the thing - if GC.com didn't want anyone logging a cache more than once, they easily could have programmed the site to prevent it. It's not something I'd do though. I'd probably archive my own cache and create a new one in the same place so others can come back and log it again if that's what I wanted them to do. :tired:

I agree with RM's sentiments BUT, here's the thing - if GC.com didn't want anyone logging a cache more than once, they easily could have programmed the site to prevent it. It's not something I'd do though. I'd probably archive my own cache and create a new one in the same place so others can come back and log it again if that's what I wanted them to do. :tired:

Edit: Wheeler Dealers just deleted my and MightyDee's notes on the event page. I guess they didn't like our comments about them logging unapproved caches to pump up their numbers...... :tired:

Edited by TrailGators

I agree with RM's sentiments BUT, here's the thing - if GC.com didn't want anyone logging a cache more than once, they easily could have programmed the site to prevent it. It's not something I'd do though. I'd probably archive my own cache and create a new one in the same place so others can come back and log it again if that's what I wanted them to do. :D

Edit: Wheeler Dealers just deleted my and MightyDee's notes on the event page. I guess they didn't like our comments about them logging unapproved caches to pump up their numbers...... :D

At the next pizza event I'm gonna log each slice I eat as a find! :):tired::tired: Yum!

D!

The funny thing is that you only get credit for a TB once but get credit for a cache as many times as it is logged...seems backasswords to me. But I think I know everything! :tired:

Its beating a dead horse,it has been discussed to death before.

Although it has been considered bad form to log an event more the once,it seem to be catching on more and more specially in the Midwest states. I ran across one cacher that had been to about 28 cache events and had logged them over 500 times :lol: . So what can you do if the cacher that puts on the event allows it not a dadgum thing, except try and shame the cachers into not logging more then once.

Oh and if anyone wants to know yes I have logged 1 cache twice, it was gc146 chupy 1 which was disabled after I logged it the first time, and moved about a 1/2 mile away and then reactivated.It should have been archived and a new cache submitted ,but it was in the early days of caching..

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH don't mind me just the ramblings of an old man :unsure::unsure:

Although it has been considered bad form to log an event more the once,it seem to be catching on more and more specially in the Midwest states. I ran across one cacher that had been to about 28 cache events and had logged them over 500 times :sad: . So what can you do if the cacher that puts on the event allows it not a dadgum thing, except try and shame the cachers into not logging more then once.

Oh and if anyone wants to know yes I have logged 1 cache twice, it was gc146 chupy 1 which was disabled after I logged it the first time, and moved about a 1/2 mile away and then reactivated.It should have been archived and a new cache submitted ,but it was in the early days of caching..

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH don't mind me just the ramblings of an old man :unsure::lol:

...more like a bunch of dead horse crap! I don't recall it being discussed on this thread or happening out here.

This reminds me one one of my favorite quotes:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

- Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

I really like like Duncan's pizza idea! :lol: Gobolts! note on the Ladder page was really funny too. :unsure: I think the delete button will soon kill his message too but he is a good man! :D

:D

Although it has been considered bad form to log an event more the once,it seem to be catching on more and more specially in the Midwest states. I ran across one cacher that had been to about 28 cache events and had logged them over 500 times :D . So what can you do if the cacher that puts on the event allows it not a dadgum thing, except try and shame the cachers into not logging more then once.

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH don't mind me just the ramblings of an old man :lol::lol:

...more like a bunch of dead horse crap! I don't recall it being discussed on this thread or happening out here.

I really like like Duncan's pizza idea! :sad: Gobolts! note on the Ladder page was really funny too. :unsure: I think the delete button will soon kill his message too but he is a good man! :D

If the primary purpose of this game/sport is going to be competition, then we had better hire some umpires or referees or something. Of course, the membership fee will have to be increased accordingly... :unsure: For me, I just try to ignore as much as possible what anyone else may do out there that I would never consider doing unless it poses some danger or clearly circumvents the guidelines.

Hey, maybe we should have ESPN sponsor some G-games or something!

Although it has been considered bad form to log an event more the once,it seem to be catching on more and more specially in the Midwest states. I ran across one cacher that had been to about 28 cache events and had logged them over 500 times :D . So what can you do if the cacher that puts on the event allows it not a dadgum thing, except try and shame the cachers into not logging more then once.

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH don't mind me just the ramblings of an old man :lol::sad:

I really like like Duncan's pizza idea! :D Gobolts! note on the Ladder page was really funny too. :unsure: I think the delete button will soon kill his message too but he is a good man! :D

If the primary purpose of this game/sport is going to be competition, then we had better hire some umpires or referees or something. Of course, the membership fee will have to be increased accordingly... :unsure: For me, I just try to ignore as much as possible what anyone else may do out there that I would never consider doing unless it poses some danger or clearly circumvents the guidelines.

I here ya! I'll be switching to ignore mode soon.... :lol:

But I've been thinking about Duncan's pizza idea some more! What if we hid each pizza behind a different rock at the event and gave the coords out. If you find the pizza and get a slice before it's gone then you can log the event again! :D

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH don't mind me just the ramblings of an old man :D:D

I really like like Duncan's pizza idea! :D Gobolts! note on the Ladder page was really funny too. :unsure: I think the delete button will soon kill his message too but he is a good man! :D

I here ya! I'll be switching to ignore mode soon.... :lol:

But I've been thinking about Duncan's pizza idea some more! What if we hid each pizza behind a different rock at the event and gave the coords out. If you find the pizza and get a slice before it's gone then you can log the event again! :D

I guess all of the cachers who did the SD poker run last year can log the event another 8 times...and since I won...I get to log it 10 times. :sad::lol:

Edited by GoBolts!

Although it has been considered bad form to log an event more the once,it seem to be catching on more and more specially in the Midwest states. I ran across one cacher that had been to about 28 cache events and had logged them over 500 times :lol: . So what can you do if the cacher that puts on the event allows it not a dadgum thing, except try and shame the cachers into not logging more then once.

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH don't mind me just the ramblings of an old man :unsure::unsure:

It was discussed in the main forums. I think this is the latest one

Any Mac users have a copy of MacCMConvert (converts GPX for import to Cachemate) they could send me?

The author, Jeremy Atherton, took his page down, and every link for the program I've found on the web just links back to his page that no longer exists.

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by bitmap

We are going to try an MTRP cache run. We haven't done any caches in this area yet. Does anyone have suggestions on where to park / start? Any tips on strategies?

Thanks!

If you try to do all off MTRP, Ya Gonna Die!

I've done it in sections. My first and most prolific assault was when I parked at the east end of Clairemont Mesa Blvd. I think GD Ginger and I hit 20 or so.

After crossing the bridge, we continued due east through a narrow foot path to One Small Step, then north to South Amarillo, to North Fortuna, to South Fortuna along the ridgeline, and returned via Beam Me Up and up to Stickers with a View.

Another day, you can park at the new horse staging facility at the west end of Mast Blvd, and attack Oak Canyon and caches north of the 52.

Another day, park at the Old Dam and attack Kwaay Paay Peak and those along Father Junipero Trail, which runs through one way from west to east. It runs two way from the east to Old Dam.

Have fun!

We are going to try an MTRP cache run. We haven't done any caches in this area yet. Does anyone have suggestions on where to park / start? Any tips on strategies?

You'll never do it all in one go, so it doesn't really matter where you start!! The visitor's center loop has some good ones and it's pretty short, but if you really want to make a day of it you'll have to go up one or both of the Fortuna peaks. There are some steep climbs involved, so you might want to start more gently at one of the Tierrasanta trailheads. Post a message in the SD Cache Events thread if you want some company :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Just don't start at Clairemont Mesa Blvd and try to do everything to North Fortuna and back down to Spring Canyon and Miramar #1 and back unless you have someone to pick you up on SR 52 after you have climbed under the chain link fence! Maxwell was not amused....

Thanks!

If you try to do all off MTRP, Ya Gonna Die!

I've done it in sections. My first and most prolific assault was when I parked at the east end of Clairemont Mesa Blvd. I think GD Ginger and I hit 20 or so.

After crossing the bridge, we continued due east through a narrow foot path to One Small Step, then north to South Amarillo, to North Fortuna, to South Fortuna along the ridgeline, and returned via Beam Me Up and up to Stickers with a View.

Another day, you can park at the new horse staging facility at the west end of Mast Blvd, and attack Oak Canyon and caches north of the 52.

Another day, park at the Old Dam and attack Kwaay Paay Peak and those along Father Junipero Trail, which runs through one way from west to east. It runs two way from the east to Old Dam.

In any case, no matter where you go in MTRP, you can bet dollars to donuts that someone's going to place some more caches after you've been there (usually within the next seven days). You will be coming back again and again. Somebody said it well the other day -- it's like digging a hole in sand.

I think of it as a renewable resource. Enjoy the rich bounty... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Somebody said it well the other day -- it's like digging a hole in sand.

Or emptying the ocean with a bucket. Just this past week four new MTRP caches were placed.

There's just two MTRP caches that I haven't scored but every time I turn around I have to go out once again to keep my list down to those two. Anybody want to guess which two? Aw, never mind, that's too easy to answer isn't it?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Ok gang,

I'm soliciting for some input.

I know several of you have been, and are going to Moab.

We are planning a road trip up to Port Orchard, Washington for an event next month. We are taking the LONG way around, and are heading through AZ, stopping at Four Corners, (Catch a cache in CO and NM before we head North into Utah. I just realized we are going to go through Moab, and wondered if there were any must-see spots we should check out.

Unfortunately, we won't have a lot of time to explore, but we want to experience what we can. We will continue North through ID, then into Montana before we cut back to Washington.

Of course, time permitting, I'd love to swing into Wyoming and see Yellowstone.

So much to see, so little time.

Edited by Cornerstone4
Ok gang,

We are planning a road trip up to Port Orchard, Washington for an event next month. We are taking the LONG way around, and are heading through AZ, stopping at Four Corners, (Catch a cache in CO and NM before we head North into Utah. I just realized we are going to go through Moab, and wondered if there were any must-see spots we should check out.

Unfortunately, we won't have a lot of time to explore, but we want to experience what we can. We will continue North through ID, then into Montana before we cut back to Washington.

Of course, time permitting, I'd love to swing into Wyoming and see Yellowstone.

So much to see, so little time.

The drive along the Colorado River on 128 into Moab is spectacular!

I also really enjoyed Arches National Park!

I also loved Hell's Revenge but you need a good 4x4 to do that!

Ok gang,

Delicate Arch should be renamed "Pathetic Arch". It's the one you'll always see on the postcards and books about Arches NP, but it's absolutely tiny.

Much more impressive is the crazy road out of Moab, along the Colorado, below Dead Horse Point and past the potash pits, which eventually makes its way up the sheer cliff to part of Canyonlands NP (Island in the Sky area). It's hard to find on maps, but it's there in Google Earth - Hwy 279 becomes County Road 142 and/or South Fork Shafer Canyon Rd. There's even a Splashman/Splashette cache there!

P.S. We did it in a standard 2WD rental car, but it's a pretty hairy dirt road, especially as it climbs the cliff at the end!!

Ok gang,

Delicate Arch should be renamed "Pathetic Arch". It's the one you'll always see on the postcards and books about Arches NP, but it's absolutely tiny.

Much more impressive is the crazy road out of Moab, along the Colorado, below Dead Horse Point and past the potash pits, which eventually makes its way up the sheer cliff to part of Canyonlands NP (Island in the Sky area). It's hard to find on maps, but it's there in Google Earth - Hwy 279 becomes County Road 142 and/or South Fork Shafer Canyon Rd. There's even a Splashman/Splashette cache there!

P.S. We did it in a standard 2WD rental car, but it's a pretty hairy dirt road, especially as it climbs the cliff at the end!!

Delicate Arch was OK. It's about 75 feet tall. There were throngs of people hiking up to it. I remember that Fkrexcal's water bottle fell out of his pocket while we were taking photos and it rolled to the very bottom of the crater below the arch. These people next to us had a coniption about it, so he had to walk all the way around and down to fetch it.

I agree about the drive below Dead Horse! Very cool area! The view from top of Dead Horse Point is very cool too and any vehicle can drive to that overlook!

I was also going to mention that Musselman arch was fun!

Ruscal picked it up while we were out there but he put it back! :huh:

fe99463e-e6f7-4534-8dde-b785aada07cb.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

I'm problably going to make myself look like a fool for asking this but, how the hell do you include a quote of someones post, while posting a response? I've tried to figure it out but keep failing. The way I've been doing it puts the quote in, but it's not defined as a quote. It almost looks like I wrote it....

Thanks

I'm problably going to make myself look like a fool for asking this but, how the hell do you include a quote of someones post, while posting a response? I've tried to figure it out but keep failing. The way I've been doing it puts the quote in, but it's not defined as a quote. It almost looks like I wrote it....

Thanks

Hit the "Reply" button in the lower right corner of the post you are quoting!

Ok gang,

Hey Cornerstone4!

I think my most favorite spot near Moab was Dead Horse Point. The group wasn't able to spend too much time there, but the little we did was spectacular! The views are incredible! You can access by paved roads, or take the more scenic route which Pat talked about earlier. Driving up the canyon wall was definitely "pucker factor", but well worth it. Another easy scenic drive was through Arches NP. We took the long route getting there, but it's also accessible on pavement. Too bad the locationless "Arches" is no more, you can really boost up your GC counts!

I know $kimmer & Splashette have an awesome 4WD book that gives waypoints. I don't know the author right off hand. If you are attending Rocketman's party next Wednesday, I can bring my 2 National Geographic Trails Illustrated Maps of Moab North & South. Pretty cool to check out.

Most importantly, make sure you have plenty of film/mb's! You'll need it!

Robyn of Team Reid

If you are attending Rocketman's party next Wednesday, I can bring my 2 National Geographic Trails Illustrated Maps of Moab North & South. Pretty cool to check out.

Robyn of Team Reid

How could I pass up this invite? :huh:

I'll see you there, thanks for all the info so far!

If you are attending Rocketman's party next Wednesday, I can bring my 2 National Geographic Trails Illustrated Maps of Moab North & South. Pretty cool to check out.

Robyn of Team Reid

How could I pass up this invite? :laughing:

I'll see you there, thanks for all the info so far!

RocketMans party?? Boy, have we been out of the loop!! :unsure:

Ok gang,

Delicate Arch tiny? Did you hike all the way up to it? I thought it was rather huge and impressive when standing near it. If you view it from the roadside viewing point, it looks tiny but close up it is massive (IMHO). Here is a pic of Trailgators and Fkrexcal below the arch:

c15def6f-a203-4603-bbd9-eaea8a524bbd.jpg

I agree about that the Shaffer Trail is a good run. You must have had fun on the drive up to the rim in that 2WD rental car. I thought it was pretty exciting in the Land Cruiser.

I have logged 1 cache twice, it was gc146 chupy 1 which was disabled after I logged it the first time, and moved about a 1/2 mile away and then reactivated.

So what are the "community standards" as to whether I should log a second find on GCP721, Miramar Lake Overlook Park, if I go find the new cache? Judging from the coords and description, it's apparently just steps away from the old location, but a different kind of container and a different kind of hide. Seems to me that, even though it's the "same" cache, if I go there, hunt for it, and find it, I've accomplished the same thing as having found a "different" cache, so I ought to log a find again. Is that considered kosher? Thanks.

I have logged 1 cache twice, it was gc146 chupy 1 which was disabled after I logged it the first time, and moved about a 1/2 mile away and then reactivated.

So what are the "community standards" as to whether I should log a second find on GCP721, Miramar Lake Overlook Park, if I go find the new cache? Judging from the coords and description, it's apparently just steps away from the old location, but a different kind of container and a different kind of hide. Seems to me that, even though it's the "same" cache, if I go there, hunt for it, and find it, I've accomplished the same thing as having found a "different" cache, so I ought to log a find again. Is that considered kosher? Thanks.

That situation has happened to me many times when people I'm with find a cache that I've already found. Many times the cache container is different and the cache has been moved. I personally would never log a cache I've already found because it's still a multiple find on the same cache. But I'm still debating Duncan's idea of logging finds for each slice of pizza that we eat at an event...... :(

Edited by TrailGators

That situation has happened to me many times when people I'm with find a cache that I've already found. Many times the cache container is different and the cache has been moved. I personally would never log a cache I've already found because it's still a multiple find on the same cache. But I'm still debating Duncan's idea of logging finds for each slice of pizza that we eat at an event...... :P

I agree...Once per GC for me. I have gone back to many a changed cache...the one that sticks out is Max's favorite park...now that was a big change. I have one cache that I adopted...it went missing and I moved it/changed the container....anyone can log it as many times as they would like... :( however comma I will delete all repeat finds. :(

I think GC.com has things backwards...log all GC's only once....log TB's as many times as you find them...is the way I will do it when I am King.

Delicate Arch tiny? Did you hike all the way up to it? I thought it was rather huge and impressive when standing near it. If you view it from the roadside viewing point, it looks tiny but close up it is massive (IMHO). Here is a pic of Trailgators and Fkrexcal below the arch:

I agree about that the Shaffer Trail is a good run. You must have had fun on the drive up to the rim in that 2WD rental car. I thought it was pretty exciting in the Land Cruiser.

We didn't hike up to Delicate Arch, but in our defence it was 108F at the time (July)! The best bit about the Shafer trail was when we got to the top, the absolutely deserted road in the Canyonlands park had some of the most beautiful grippy curved tarmac I've ever driven on, and the release of the tension of climbing the cliff meant that I was giving it some serious welly. Possibly the best bit of driving I've ever enjoyed.

the release of the tension of climbing the cliff meant that I was giving it some serious welly. Possibly the best bit of driving I've ever enjoyed.

welly Verb. To kick forcefully.

Noun. 1. A hard kick.

2. Acceleration. E.g."Quick! Turn left here and give it some welly."

3. A wellington boot. Also spelt wellie. {Informal}

welly Verb. To kick forcefully.

Noun. 1. A hard kick.

2. Acceleration. E.g."Quick! Turn left here and give it some welly."

3. A wellington boot. Also spelt wellie. {Informal}

Idiom: give it welly (give it some welly)

1) In a motor vehicle: to put one's foot down heavily on the accelerator.

2) To put a great deal of effort or energy into something.

Just in case anyone was wondering why "welly" might be associated with acceleration...

And as an extra bonus, you might also want to know about the fine sport of "wellie wanging" which involves the throwing of Wellington boots as far as possible.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

That situation has happened to me many times when people I'm with find a cache that I've already found. Many times the cache container is different and the cache has been moved. I personally would never log a cache I've already found because it's still a multiple find on the same cache. But I'm still debating Duncan's idea of logging finds for each slice of pizza that we eat at an event...... ;)

I'm wondering how the Miramar cache mentioned above became a "different kind of hide" and yet still has the same GC code? On the cache owner's page, changing the type is not possible (at least not on ours). And regarding Chupy 1, I'm surprised someone would want to move a cache 1/2 mile away and have it be the same cache. I'm going to change our only cache from a multi to a traditional cache. It looks like the proper way to do that is to archive the multi and create a new traditional cache using the actual cache location. One nice thing is that people who've found the old cache can log the new cache -- if they want to. :tired:

That situation has happened to me many times when people I'm with find a cache that I've already found. Many times the cache container is different and the cache has been moved. I personally would never log a cache I've already found because it's still a multiple find on the same cache. But I'm still debating Duncan's idea of logging finds for each slice of pizza that we eat at an event...... ;)

I'm wondering how the Miramar cache mentioned above became a "different kind of hide" and yet still has the same GC code? On the cache owner's page, changing the type is not possible (at least not on ours). And regarding Chupy 1, I'm surprised someone would want to move a cache 1/2 mile away and have it be the same cache. I'm going to change our only cache from a multi to a traditional cache. It looks like the proper way to do that is to archive the multi and create a new traditional cache using the actual cache location. One nice thing is that people who've found the old cache can log the new cache -- if they want to. :tired:

In the old days, you could change the cache type on the edit screen. You can do it now by contacting the approver. As far as archiving a cache and creating a new one of a different type or a new one 1/2 mile away (also requiring approver intervention) goes, that is up to the cache owner. Some caches have a lot of history that goes with them and the owner may want to keep that history alive. I just replaced/moved my Slots-O-Fun cache that I originally placed in 2002. The cache has some interesting logs/photos that I want to keep as part of the ongoing cache record. RM

[

And regarding Chupy 1, I'm surprised someone would want to move a cache 1/2 mile away and have it be the same cache. I'm going to change our only cache from a multi to a traditional cache. It looks like the proper way to do that is to archive the multi and create a new traditional cache using the actual cache location. One nice thing is that people who've found the old cache can log the new cache -- if they want to. ;)

Chupy one was originally down next to Penasquito creek by one of the major crossings. There had been a lot of rain that winter, and the original container was damaged and it was no longer waterproof.

You have to remember this was in the eary days of caching Chupy one was originally posted Jan. 7th 2001

on March 19th Zar pulled the cache and was going to replace it with another cache container. Anyway it wasn't replaced until Sept. 16 2001, when it was replaced on the bluffs on the north side of the canyon where it stayed until it was archived.

Theres an old cache up here in the Elsinore area that was originally on hiway 74 about 3 miles east of the 15 the owner moved it deleted all the logs changed the name and replaced it on the west side of the 15 so everyone that had logged it originally lost the logs.There again this was in the early days.

AAAAAAAAAAhhhhh the good old days :tired: