The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

In addition to Jeff and Jer's mention.........It was mentioned as the Word of the week at Bear Valley Middle School over the intercom for the student population. When I asked the Jr. Geogeek if the decription was a good one, he rolled his eyes...something about treasure being buried. I believe Dan-oh's daughter goes to this school as well. Dan-oh, you'll have to ask her what she though.

:D

Hey, c'mon, that's a great image mapping job.

Yeah, that was pretty good - how about this? ^_^

Oboy, western scenery is the best. Wonder what it looks like from the other side?

Not to mention, there's probably something a bit more satisfying about using a paintbrush instead of photoshop... :D

Hey, c'mon, that's a great image mapping job.

Yeah, that was pretty good - how about this? ^_^

Oboy, western scenery is the best. Wonder what it looks like from the other side?

Not to mention, there's probably something a bit more satisfying about using a paintbrush instead of photoshop... :D

Ooo, a sable paint brush with cocoa butter. Hootah!

Oh geez!  Harmon, get your magic working & fix that picture, fast!

Be careful what you ask for ...

7e2563a8-db6f-465d-9647-b5fd3e495820.jpg

... 'cause there's more to it.

Hey Harmon,

Did you do this on purpose? Ya know what's in the crack? :P Iraq's in the crack! ^_^ (Sure glad I'm not there!) :D

Hey DJ,

You don't have any "munitions" in the "region" do ya? (Oh, bad thought! Bad thought! :D )

Edited by HelBob Duo
In addition to Jeff and Jer's mention.........It was mentioned as the Word of the week at Bear Valley Middle School over the intercom for the student population.  When I asked the Jr. Geogeek if the decription was a good one, he rolled his eyes...something about treasure being buried.  I believe Dan-oh's daughter goes to this school as well.  Dan-oh, you'll have to ask her what she though.

There may be a mini-rebellion at BVMS. My daughter and junior Taskmaster J were complainin'' to no end. There is/was a geocaching club or after school event where "you dig up buried treasure and get to keep it all". If that wasn't enough the bug the juniors, they worried that the other kids wouldn't take caching serious enough.

Now where would my daughter think geocaching should be taken seriously?

BTW, I'm working on a themed cache based on J's creative writing assigment for school. Her mom sent me a copy and its worthy of its own cache. Its a good story and besides, it mentions me!

... when Flagman shouted, “There you are!” We were shocked. “I heard,” he said in a kind of secretive tone, “that according to TucsonThompsen, Dan-oh has hidden a cache in the Mississippi River.”

In addition to Jeff and Jer's mention.........It was mentioned as the Word of the week at Bear Valley Middle School over the intercom for the student population.  When I asked the Jr. Geogeek if the decription was a good one, he rolled his eyes...something about treasure being buried.  I believe Dan-oh's daughter goes to this school as well.  Dan-oh, you'll have to ask her what she though.

^_^

There may be a mini-rebellion at BVMS. My daughter and junior Taskmaster J were complainin'' to no end. There is/was a geocaching club or after school event where "you dig up buried treasure and get to keep it all". If that wasn't enough the bug the juniors, they worried that the other kids wouldn't take caching serious enough.

Now where would my daughter think geocaching should be taken seriously?

BTW, I'm working on a themed cache based on J's creative writing assigment for school. Her mom sent me a copy and its worthy of its own cache. Its a good story and besides, it mentions me!

... when Flagman shouted, “There you are!” We were shocked. “I heard,” he said in a kind of secretive tone, “that according to TucsonThompsen, Dan-oh has hidden a cache in the Mississippi River.”

I know it's only a story, but I believe you would hide a cache in the river! In the middle, under a little island! :D Or maybe the DAK girls would beat you to it..... :P

Oh geez!  Harmon, get your magic working & fix that picture, fast!

Be careful what you ask for ...

7e2563a8-db6f-465d-9647-b5fd3e495820.jpg

... 'cause there's more to it.

Hey Harmon,

Did you do this on purpose? Ya know what's in the crack? ;) Iraq's in the crack! ;) (Sure glad I'm not there!) :blink:

Hey DJ,

You don't have any "munitions" in the "region" do ya? (Oh, bad thought! Bad thought! :unsure: )

So you noticed that did y'? Well, to tell th' truth .... I ain't talkin'.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Spoiler photo of Dan-oh's Mississippi River cache container.

Liberty%20Square%20Riverboat.jpg

Finally a photo of something besides someone's hinder....

Dan-oh, Your mention of your two juniors mentioning the other students wouldn't take geocaching seriously enough....that was Kevin and Melissa's concern as well.

Kevin did mention that half the kids weren't listening when geocaching was being decribed and that the kids that were listening got the glazed look over their eyes and were completely lost.

Mississippi River? Can't you do somethine a little more local? Maybe you could stick a cache under a riverboat in the Escondido Creek....now wouldn't that be a sight!!??? :unsure:

And they thought they removed all the caches from Disney Land!

Time to dust off the scuba gear.

Bwahahaha! icon_smile_evil.gif

What did Jeff and Jerr say about geocaching yesterday?

My wife listens to them but didn't catch the show yesterday.

Edited by TrailGators
Yes! We've been using it on the Events site for 2-3 weeks! It is very cool! ;)

Here is another cool thing that I just noticed about a week ago. Google toolbar has a spell checker on it that works in text boxes like the one I am typing in right now and the one for logging caches. It works great and it eliminates the need to cut and past my text into word for spell checking. :ph34r:

Yes! We've been using it on the Events site for 2-3 weeks! It is very cool!  :ph34r:

Here is another cool thing that I just noticed about a week ago. Google toolbar has a spell checker on it that works in text boxes like the one I am typing in right now and the one for logging caches. It works great and it eliminates the need to cut and past my text into word for spell checking. :)

There's a Firefox plug-in that does the same thing. Interestingly enough, it doesn't recognize the word 'Firefox'. ;)

Yes! We've been using it on the Events site for 2-3 weeks! It is very cool!  :ph34r:

Here is another cool thing that I just noticed about a week ago. Google toolbar has a spell checker on it that works in text boxes like the one I am typing in right now and the one for logging caches. It works great and it eliminates the need to cut and past my text into word for spell checking. ;)

Hmmm, I guess it missed your typo in this entry, though... :)

Yes! We've been using it on the Events site for 2-3 weeks! It is very cool!  :)

Here is another cool thing that I just noticed about a week ago. Google toolbar has a spell checker on it that works in text boxes like the one I am typing in right now and the one for logging caches. It works great and it eliminates the need to cut and past my text into word for spell checking. :ph34r:

Hmmm, I guess it missed your typo in this entry, though... ;)

Very funny Tom! B)

BTW: Past is spelled correctly. :wub:

So, has anybody tried to do Waymarking yet?  "Virtuals" in the "New & Improved"?  We used to be able to find Virtuals on a route when we went on vacation.  Now...?

Too bloody hard to establish a new category. After being put off for three years about setting up a locationless cache I had in mind now I still can't fit it in. F'get about it.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Yes! We've been using it on the Events site for 2-3 weeks! It is very cool!  :blink:

Here is another cool thing that I just noticed about a week ago. Google toolbar has a spell checker on it that works in text boxes like the one I am typing in right now and the one for logging caches. It works great and it eliminates the need to cut and past my text into word for spell checking. :blink:

Hmmm, I guess it missed your typo in this entry, though... :blink:

lol

Goes to show that nothing is perfect..

:blink:

Adelos

Very sad news folks!

Wizard's Chess has been archived. A truly great series is gone.  <_<  B)  B)

I know that caches come and go, but perhaps the passing of this one should be marked with a wake...

DOH! There goes another DAK Girls series I wanted to do. Now Stuck in the Merge and Wizard's Chess are gone before I had a chance to do them. :ph34r: I better move on Triwizard Tournament before it is gone too.

Very sad news folks!

Wizard's Chess has been archived. A truly great series is gone.  B)  B)  :ph34r:

I know that caches come and go, but perhaps the passing of this one should be marked with a wake...

DOH! There goes another DAK Girls series I wanted to do. Now Stuck in the Merge and Wizard's Chess are gone before I had a chance to do them. B) I better move on Triwizard Tournament before it is gone too.

You need to hit Forbidden Forest, too, if it's still alive. Its really neat! Take a friend, strong flashlight, & watch out for the HUGE spiders. <_< It's at UCSD, too.

Very sad news folks!

Wizard's Chess has been archived. A truly great series is gone.  :(  :(  :(

DOH! There goes another DAK Girls series I wanted to do. Now Stuck in the Merge and Wizard's Chess are gone before I had a chance to do them. :( I better move on Triwizard Tournament before it is gone too.

You need to hit Forbidden Forest, too, if it's still alive. Its really neat! Take a friend, strong flashlight, & watch out for the HUGE spiders. :huh: It's at UCSD, too.

I agree! That one is a must do! ;)

Edited by TrailGators
Yes! We've been using it on the Events site for 2-3 weeks! It is very cool!  :(

Here is another cool thing that I just noticed about a week ago. Google toolbar has a spell checker on it that works in text boxes like the one I am typing in right now and the one for logging caches. It works great and it eliminates the need to cut and past my text into word for spell checking. :(

Hmmm, I guess it missed your typo in this entry, though... :(

lol Goes to show that nothing is perfect.. :( Adelos

Hay! That Google checker did found all my spilling miss steaks! Now I two can right with confidence! :huh:

I can't wait for this thread to turn over to the next page so I don't have to look at those butt map shots anymore.

Nor will I have to see any more snide remarks about the helpful Google Toolbar feature that I pointed out.

Which do you like better the joking around about your typos or the butt map? I'd much rather see the jokes myself! :(

P.S. I just had to post that because it was funny! You know I'm just joking! :huh:

Check out a new cache in the North County:

Eternal Hills Cemetery to Calaveras Lake Multi

It is quite a long and challenging trek. (another example of a long (11 WP) multi that could have actual caches instead of WP's along the way). FNX even used existing caches from other people for a couple of the WP's!!! You can find about 5 caches along the way! Highly recommended especially if you have never done Calaveras Lake before!

(My $.02 for a new page)

I can't wait for this thread to turn over to the next page so I don't have to look at those butt map shots anymore.

Hey Ladies! Tired of your guy navigating by the seat of his pants?

This Christmas give the gift he really needs. The Ronco Butt Map!

(Just doing my part to kick it over...twelve more posts to go...)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

Speaking of posts...does the Ronco Butt Map come with a stand? :huh:

(11 more to go.....)

Edited by TrailGators
Check out a new cache in the North County:

Eternal Hills Cemetery to Calaveras Lake Multi

It is quite a long and challenging trek. (another example of a long (11 WP) multi that could have actual caches instead of WP's along the way). FNX even used existing caches from other people for a couple of the WP's!!! You can find about 5 caches along the way! Highly recommended especially if you have never done Calaveras Lake before!

(My $.02 for a new page)

Jeepers, we just did Cerro de la Calevera - probably passed by a bunch of waypoints for that one (uh, didn't look in the cache closely enough either). :huh:

Speaking of posts...does the Ronco Butt Map come with a stand? :huh:

(11 more to go.....)

That's so funny, I can hardly stand it. :(

(9 more to go)

Very sad news folks!

Wizard's Chess has been archived. A truly great series is gone.  :(  :(  ;)

DOH! There goes another DAK Girls series I wanted to do. Now Stuck in the Merge and Wizard's Chess are gone before I had a chance to do them. :( I better move on Triwizard Tournament before it is gone too.

You need to hit Forbidden Forest, too, if it's still alive. Its really neat! Take a friend, strong flashlight, & watch out for the HUGE spiders. :huh: It's at UCSD, too.

I agree! That one is a must do! :(

Count me in I want to do this also. Also Barb half of B.R.A. also

Very sad news folks!

Wizard's Chess has been archived. A truly great series is gone.  :P  :unsure:  :lol:

DOH! There goes another DAK Girls series I wanted to do. Now Stuck in the Merge and Wizard's Chess are gone before I had a chance to do them. :P I better move on Triwizard Tournament before it is gone too.

You need to hit Forbidden Forest, too, if it's still alive. Its really neat! Take a friend, strong flashlight, & watch out for the HUGE spiders. :P It's at UCSD, too.

I agree! That one is a must do! ;)

Count me in I want to do this also. Also Barb half of B.R.A. also

Yea, it's real easy, too. Team Fatman can bring Fattboy, too. :D

4 more to go! :anibad: