The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

It was in Pacific Beach area - Here is the story: Police Investigate Bomb Scare In Pacific Beach. Anyone claim it?

Here are the coordinates at the location that they describe in the article:

N32 48.290 W117 13.427

If the darn GC website was working, we could look up the nearest cache. RM

Ok, the website is working again. Here are the nearest caches. RM

I would say based on this search that it was not a geocache.

Edited by Rocket Man
It was in Pacific Beach area - Here is the story: Police Investigate Bomb Scare In Pacific Beach. Anyone claim it?

N32 48.290 W117 13.427

That's good to hear!

What's up with the GC site lately? It seems to be crashing more frequently...

N32 48.290 W117 13.427

That's good to hear!

From Elias

N32 48.290 W117 13.427

That's good to hear!

How do we know it wasn't a TT puzzle cach :rolleyes: e??

SO, was this cache muggled...by the bomb squad? :)

pb_bomb.0.sm.jpg

September 18 by Dr. Boggis (430 found)

Not only has the final WP been muggled, but they've fenced off some of the area near some of the early waypoints for remodeling, or something. I'll see what they do down there before deciding whether to remove this one for good.

The fenced off part is the police lime and the muggle part is when they blew it up, right? Quite honestly, even though Dr Boggis' cache (GCJZ6P) is the closest, I don't think its the one. GCBB32 is close too but its doubtful.

Edited by Dan-oh

Hey Everyone!!

We submitted the cache page yesterday for the Truckhaven campout on Oct. 29 & 30. IGNORE the posted coordinates, they are just approximate because we didn't want to run down there to get exact ones @ 3.00/gallon. We'll post them after our cache hiding run before the campout. Just wanted to mention that before the

'Village Idiots' comments show up!

Any suggestions, nice comments, etc. let us know.

The Splashes w/ JB&LF, Team Reid, Vulture & $kimmer :laughing::ph34r::)

The way I heard it on the news, and the footage I saw, said that it was a piece of pipe (like drainpipe) which was in the median of the road, where Soledad Mtn Rd hits Garnet. So while it's close to the start of my PB Historic Multi, it definitely doesn't sound like any part of that. Rock Trinity is further away down the creek. I really don't think it was a cache, more likely just a bit of plumber's detritus.

Hey Everyone!!

We submitted the cache page yesterday for the Truckhaven campout on Oct. 29 & 30. IGNORE the posted coordinates, they are just approximate because we didn't want to run down there to get exact ones @ 3.00/gallon. We'll post them after our cache hiding run before the campout. Just wanted to mention that before the

The Splashes w/ JB&LF, Team Reid, Vulture & $kimmer :laughing::ph34r::)

Sweet ! 'KEEP ON TRUCKIN' GEO CAMPOUT

anyway these are the closest caches.

NE

337ft (3/1)

11 Jul 04 PB Historic Multi Puzzle by Dr. Boggis (GCJZ6P)

California 6 days ago*

SE

0.1mi (2.5/1.5)

30 Dec 02 Rock Trinity by PastorCacher (GCBB32)

California 12 Sep 05

04 Jan 03

SE

0.3mi (1/1)

8 Jun 05 MBLL by MontanaSailor (GCP82X)

California 10 Jun 05

N

0.3mi (2/1)

1 Jun 04 Bureaux de Change by TucsonThompsen, adopted by Dr. Boggis (GCJHAQ)

California 4 days ago*

NE

0.4mi (3.5/3)

17 Mar 04 Jenny's Two-Tone Colour Scheme by GoBolt Adopted from TucsonThompsen (GCHY6M)

California 13 Aug 05

SW

0.5mi (1/1)

19 May 04 BP2 by Pipes McGee (GCJFXZ)

California 11 Sep 05

NW

0.6mi (1/1.5)

20 Mar 04 KS Tumbleweed by googleman (GCHZ46)

California 26 Aug 05

W

0.7mi (3.5/1)

10 Nov 04 Water Water Everywhere (and a cache, you'd think?) by TucsonThompsen, adopted by Dr. Boggis (GCM1E6)

California 14 Aug 05

SW

0.7mi (2/1)

16 Apr 05 Ma Bell - Grand Ave - PB by SlideRule (GCNGBH)

California

Edited by vagabond
Mini puzzle cache : first correct answer wins useless brownie points.

Whose ship is this?

Argggh! Its located in Flushing Meadows but I can't remember who the alien was.

Wasn't it the same guy from Criminal Intent, with the eternal 5 o'clock shaddow?

Edit:

wait, wait...Edgar?

MIB_1.jpg

Edited by Dan-oh

Yup... Edgar, or rather the cockroach in the Edgar suit it was. (From the movie Men in Black.) This is right near a virtual cache Jeff (TT) and I did after the Mets game on Saturday.

The whole time I'm saying to myself.... "Sugar ... Water ... More... " :cry:

Edited by The Cow Spots
Hey Everyone!!

We submitted the cache page yesterday for the Truckhaven campout on Oct. 29 & 30.  IGNORE the posted coordinates, they are just approximate because we didn't want to run down there to get exact ones @ 3.00/gallon. We'll post them after our cache hiding run before the campout. Just wanted to mention that before the

The Splashes w/ JB&LF, Team Reid, Vulture & $kimmer :blink:  <_<  <_<

Yee Haw; I just ordered the double one. Hope it arrives in time for the campout.

Hey Everyone!!

We submitted the cache page yesterday for the Truckhaven campout on Oct. 29 & 30.  IGNORE the posted coordinates, they are just approximate because we didn't want to run down there to get exact ones @ 3.00/gallon. We'll post them after our cache hiding run before the campout. Just wanted to mention that before the

The Splashes w/ JB&LF, Team Reid, Vulture & $kimmer :blink:  <_<  <_<

Yee Haw; I just ordered the double one. Hope it arrives in time for the campout.

Talk about a quick setup! That is cool!

For those going to Truckhaven and not wanting to travel 4 miles to the nearest restroom :ph34r: there are a lot of options.

A lot of offroaders use this cheap cardboard toilet. It's easy to fold away. It's another challenge what to do with the do.

IMG_1261.jpg

http://www.outbackpack.com/

And this tent can serve as a toilet, shower, or changing room. Unfortunately they're soldout at the moment.

70406.JPG

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=77400

Dave

So much for quietly slipping in a find on Snakes & Ladders.

As I was browsing the cache map for my area yesterday, I saw an unfound multi in Kit Carson park. It wasn't until I got a few steps further that I realized that the mysterious cache is actually Snakes & Ladders (GCJG08). I've been tricked by the map several times now because I'm not the registered owner, Parsa is. I'm listed as a co-hider but that doesn't show in the stats. The map shows your finds and your own caches as checked off. S & L hadn't been checked because I neither "owned it" nor found it.

As soon as I posted my back-dated "find", I realized that I sent a message out to all 30 cachers that have it on their watch list. Doh. Talk about an announcement!

I'm curious to hear how our San Diego group feels about this. I'm especialy interested what cachers think that have completed (or attempted) the S&L cache. Chime in.

Yee Haw; I just ordered the double one.  Hope it arrives in time for the campout.

Now all you need is the portapotty one. :ph34r::lol:

Maybe it comes with a velcro flap in the middle! :ph34r:

This one; or the bucket version; or Harmon's Bumber Dumper!.

While on the subject, I encountered this website; it's actually enjoyable reading; wish it were a magazine I could put in the bathroom.

Poopoo paraphernalia is a subject of deep interest to me as I suffered two childhood traumas in this regard. No need to ask, I will share my stories with you.

Trauma No. 1. At age four I fell from a mesquite tree onto a broken porcelain chamber pot. Bottom line is that I suffered a huge gash inside my right calf. I walk a mile through snow, no wait, I walked a half mile to a farmhouse for aid. Back then nobody considered going to a doctor for stitches so I have a mojo scar to back up my story. Ask me anytime and I'll show you my scar. For a dollar you can touch it. For five dollars you can touch other parts too.

Trauma No. 2. At age five I was swaggering past my grandmother's outhouse while smoking a cedar-bark cigar. Much to my surprise my mother was seated inside the outhouse and observed my manly behavior while peering through the gaps in the outhouse siding. She was not pleased. She leaped out and smacked me repeatedly on the head and rump and that's when I swore off smoking thank you very much. What I learned from that experience is that smoking can be a pain in the arse. ... and head by th' way.

NOTE: Cedar-bark cigars not for seesies. To make a cedar-bark cigar peel a section of bark from a seasoned cedar fence-post, roll it into a cigar shape and light up. When you draw on a cedar-bark cigar a huge flame shoots up from the lighted end. To get a sense of the acrid smoke of a cedar-bark cigar try scorching some Tabasco sauce in a very hot skillet. Make sure that you know where the exits are and how to operate the doors or windows.

0d521e18-fad7-44f0-9f99-2fd6bdc9da42.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

You guys need to slow down on the forum stuff when I am out of town... :ph34r:

Holy crap there are 16 new pages...do you know how long it will take to read that many posts...not to mention all of the new forums you people started... :lol:

Oh...sorry...we are back....had a great time....living in Carlsbad at the moment.

If anyone wants to go caching drop us/me a line.

Yee Haw; I just ordered the double one.  Hope it arrives in time for the campout.

Now all you need is the portapotty one. :ph34r::lol:

Maybe it comes with a velcro flap in the middle! :ph34r:

This one; or the bucket version; or Harmon's Bumber Dumper!.

While on the subject, I encountered this website; it's actually enjoyable reading; wish it were a magazine I could put in the bathroom.

I broke down and got me the upgraded version of the Bumper Dumper, comes with an engine and a bumper!! :ph34r: It's gonna be windy!!

2db5690f-3717-4a1e-a725-05dd646da899.jpg

So much for quietly slipping in a find on Snakes & Ladders.

As I was browsing the cache map for my area yesterday, I saw an unfound multi in Kit Carson park. It wasn't until I got a few steps further that I realized that the mysterious cache is actually Snakes & Ladders (GCJG08). I've been tricked by the map several times now because I'm not the registered owner, Parsa is. I'm listed as a co-hider but that doesn't show in the stats. The map shows your finds and your own caches as checked off. S & L hadn't been checked because I neither "owned it" nor found it.

As soon as I posted my back-dated "find", I realized that I sent a message out to all 30 cachers that have it on their watch list. Doh. Talk about an announcement!

I'm curious to hear how our San Diego group feels about this. I'm especialy interested what cachers think that have completed (or attempted) the S&L cache. Chime in.

I personally feel that if you are a co-owner and not the registered owner, you MUST log it as a find. Otherwise it will just sit and haunt you on your nearest cache page.

Besides that, you don't get credit for the hide, you should at least get credit for something.

The only thing I would say is obviously don't claim it as an FTF. Wait a few days, let a dozen or so people find it (depending on it's hit rate) and then log it. I don't think there is any problem here. That is exactly what I did with Santee Saddle.

:ph34r:

I'm curious to hear how our San Diego group feels about this.  I'm especialy interested what cachers think that have completed (or attempted) the S&L cache.  Chime in.

There were three of us when we hid "Rusty's Tree" and "Eagle Peak Rest Area." So we traded off on who would "own" the cache and who would "beta test" it. So the "beta testers" signed the log, leaving a blank space for FTF, and logged it as such, making it clear that FTF honors were still up for the taking. What else can you do? It would be silly to have to go back and "find" a cache that you had a part in hiding. So waiting a year to log S&L is certainly fine by me. I would have been fine with the "beta tester" log entry immediately after hiding it....

Edited by FlagMan
Thoughts, prayers and best wishes etc. to RV Paces for a quick recovery. She broke her ankle BAD doing a cache in Northern CA. See her log at After the Falls . Add her to the list of major injuries while caching..... is there a list? Is there a forum for this? (just kidding). Be careful out there everyone.

Ouch! That's an ironic name for the cache it happened at, too... :rolleyes:

Of course the subject has come up before on the forums, here are a few threads:

What's your worst geo-injury?

Best Geocaching Injury

Worst Injury Geocaching?

For those of you who haven't noticed, the cache page is up.

GCQMBP

One question asked was were dogs allowed?

OF COARSE, CATS TOO.........(Helbob Duo)

If anyone is so inclined, feel free to hide as many new caches there as you want.

Alot of the existing ones require 4wd. I think alot of the ones we hide will try and accomodate most everyone, so no whining about easy caches! :rolleyes::D

Yep, Precious & Frankie will be with us!  :huh:   

Sorry HelBob. I can't hear of a pet named "Precious" without my brain firing back:

redx.jpg

"It rubs the lotion on its skin....else it get the hose again!"

:rolleyes:

--TT--

Eww! Man, now I'll have images from that movie stuck in my head today. :huh:

Lesse, happy thoughts now...um, cute kittens with big eyes! ponies! hot cocoa with itty-bitty marshallows!

Whew, that helps.

Did everybody see this last night?  I thought for sure I would have seen it up here for Rocket Man to see.

f9c79f10-12cd-4127-abd7-13bd50150e2c.jpg

Nice Photo Night Hunter. You can see more photos and the story here.

Keep at it Rocket Man, one day you rocket guys will figure out how t' build one that can fly straight.

We saw the launch on our way back from Tom & Jerry's Locker (GCQKW8). It was very impressive watching it go from second to thrid stage. Here's our picture of it (Not as nice and clear as the other, but that's what you get with a cellphone...)

f0eef155-8d0d-4bd9-ab7b-34d2136a4d8f.jpg