The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Miles....Shouldn't be long, eh? Duscwe! got it last night, and someone else at 1:30 this morning. I hit it on my morning commute. Just out of curiosity, on average how long does it take from when a cache is approved to when GC.com renders it onto the maps? I know you can sometimes see a new cache in the listing before it shows up on the maps. Heads up warning to all: I've a new puzzle in the queue. A 5/3.5. It's a fun one, and hopefully it will make all of your heads spin a la Linda Blair in the Exorcist. :ph34r:

--TucsonThompsen--

hopefully it will make all of your heads spin a la Linda Blair in the Exorcist

Oooh, I'm getting dizzy. I may throw up!

I just looked up Miles' cache so I may hit that today. Just my speed. Another TT cache? Um, I have to go to the dentist, er accountant, ah, visit the aunt with the hairy lip. Yeah, I'm kinda busy. :ph34r:

Cache approvals are running a little behind right now. There was a get together last weekend that many approvers and the GC.com staff were at, so not much got done over the weekend. There are still about 100 caches in queue, but it should be clear by tomorrow.

TT,

Miles....Shouldn't be long, eh? Duscwe! got it last night, and someone else at 1:30 this morning. I hit it on my morning commute.

You misunderstood my earlier post. I knew that mine had been approved and found. I was responding to pqcachers who submitted theirs the same day that I submitted mine. They were wondering when it would be approved and I figured theirs would be approved shortly.

Their cache, Instar 17b did indeed show up. It bypassed the new status altogether, however. I hit that one first thing this morning, but was only STF.

Miles678

Heads up warning to all:  I've a new puzzle in the queue. A 5/3.5.  It's a fun one, and hopefully it will make all of your heads spin a la Linda Blair in the Exorcist.    :lol:

--TucsonThompsen--

Hmmm. I've been trying to decode TT's latest puzzle cache, Punkte und Spuren, but the morse code in the message comes up as gibberish to me. According to the morse code translator the message starts "GGXVAGVAXDDDVDAXVGVDXGA...."

I know it's too early to ask for hints, but I was wondering if anyone else has translated the morse code message into something meaningful, or if going to the coords will provide a way to decode that gibberish?

The Team agrees on that translation, and we too have not been able to search the waypoint to gather the "clues" left in the enemy's wake. Dan-oh mentioned in a note to the cache that he has "one translation but not the second" and something about "the key". Is the key at Mission Bay? The Queen went to the site, but it was lousy with people searching for the clues, and she decided to remain anonymous and not partake in the hunt. There are only four accounts watching the cache at the moment, by the way.

The Queen went to the site, but it was lousy with people searching for the clues, and she decided to remain anonymous and not partake in the hunt.

Should have joined us.....i'm guessing that was you with the camera today. was there with the school kids. interesting to watch them search...fall...search a little...fall......

Heads up warning to all:  I've a new puzzle in the queue. A 5/3.5.  It's a fun one, and hopefully it will make all of your heads spin a la Linda Blair in the Exorcist.    :mad:

--TucsonThompsen--

Hmmm. I've been trying to decode TT's latest puzzle cache, Punkte und Spuren, but the morse code in the message comes up as gibberish to me. According to the morse code translator the message starts "GGXVAGVAXDDDVDAXVGVDXGA...."

I know it's too early to ask for hints, but I was wondering if anyone else has translated the morse code message into something meaningful, or if going to the coords will provide a way to decode that gibberish?

I got the same (or similar) gibberish, and the coordinates took me to a spot near Fiesta Island that was in the middle of an inlet to the bay, 15' from the shore. But TT told me this morning that I did NOT need to go diving. Either the coordinates are off or I am missing something here........

Dillon Gang-Technically, I was just on a scouting mission. I do not have clearance from headquarters (read that as: my doctor OR the King) to be geocaching. Got many stern looks and a good talking to for going after "Short Round" by Dan-oh earlier in the week, so this was strictly investigate-and-report. Next time, I will intro myself, I promise.

FlagMan-It's not gibberish. We are sure of that. We understand what the message is, in its essence, and how it is encoded, but we need the clues from the waypoint to finish transcribing them. We are going down this afternoon to scour the location, and I imagine we'll run into other cachers! CB, Queen of the Taskmasters

Dillon Gang-Technically, I was just on a scouting mission. I do not have clearance from headquarters (read that as: my doctor OR the King) to be geocaching. Got many stern looks and a good talking to for going after "Short Round" by Dan-oh earlier in the week, so this was strictly investigate-and-report. Next time, I will intro myself, I promise.

FlagMan-It's not gibberish. We are sure of that. We understand what the message is, in its essence, and how it is encoded, but we need the clues from the waypoint to finish transcribing them. We are going down this afternoon to scour the location, and I imagine we'll run into other cachers! CB, Queen of the Taskmasters

I KNOW ITS NOT "GIBBERISH" BUT IT OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE DECODED FURTHER. I NOW HAVE THE "CLUES" IN HAND, BUT EVEN NOW THE SOLUTION HAS NOT BEEN REVEALED TO ME.

Dillon Gang-Technically, I was just on a scouting mission.  I do not have clearance from headquarters (read that as: my doctor OR the King) to be geocaching.  Got many stern looks and a good talking to for going after "Short Round" by Dan-oh earlier in the week, so this was strictly investigate-and-report.  Next time, I will intro myself, I promise. 

FlagMan-It's not gibberish.  We are sure of that.  We understand what the message is, in its essence, and how it is encoded, but we need the clues from the waypoint to finish transcribing them.  We are going down this afternoon to scour the location, and I imagine we'll run into other cachers!  CB, Queen of the Taskmasters

I KNOW ITS NOT "GIBBERISH" BUT IT OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE DECODED FURTHER. I NOW HAVE THE "CLUES" IN HAND, BUT EVEN NOW THE SOLUTION HAS NOT BEEN REVEALED TO ME.

PFC FlagMan of GolF-Charlie-Juliet-Bravo-Zulu-One has been instructed by his superiors to recruit mercenaries to assist in the location of the enemy. Will provide written transcript of enemy's latest tranmission and clues discovered by Bravo Company. Seeks individuals with more brains than brawn who are able to decipher written transcript of enemy transmission. Willing to share equally in enemy spoils. Reply discretely to PFC FlagMan.

Carry on!

Dillon Gang-Technically, I was just on a scouting mission.  I do not have clearance from headquarters (read that as: my doctor OR the King) to be geocaching.  Got many stern looks and a good talking to for going after "Short Round" by Dan-oh earlier in the week, so this was strictly investigate-and-report.  Next time, I will intro myself, I promise. 

FlagMan-It's not gibberish.  We are sure of that.  We understand what the message is, in its essence, and how it is encoded, but we need the clues from the waypoint to finish transcribing them.  We are going down this afternoon to scour the location, and I imagine we'll run into other cachers!  CB, Queen of the Taskmasters

PFC FlagMan of GolF-Charlie-Juliet-Bravo-Zulu-One has been instructed by his superiors to recruit mercenaries to assist in the location of the enemy. Will provide written transcript of enemy's latest tranmission and clues discovered by Bravo Company. Seeks individuals with more brains than brawn who are able to decipher written transcript of enemy transmission. Willing to share equally in enemy spoils. Reply discretely to PFC FlagMan.

Carry on!

IGNORE PRIOR POSTING. THE ENCODED LOCATION OF THE ENEMY HAS BEEN DECIPHERED. HOWEVER, THE ENEMY REMAINS ELUSIVE. WILL SEEK VERIFICATION FROM SUPREME COMMANDER TT AND SEND REINFORCEMENTS TO ROUT OUT THE ENEMY! THE BATTLE WILL NOT BE LOST!

Carry on!

IGNORE PRIOR POSTING. THE ENCODED LOCATION OF THE ENEMY HAS BEEN DECIPHERED. HOWEVER, THE ENEMY REMAINS ELUSIVE. WILL SEEK VERIFICATION FROM SUPREME COMMANDER TT AND SEND REINFORCEMENTS TO ROUT OUT THE ENEMY! THE BATTLE WILL NOT BE LOST!

The battle has now been won and the enemy conquered! But not without much moaning and groaning and gnashing of teeth! Thanks to TT for, as he puts it, the double-black-diamond of all :( caches, and to Team Taskmaster who share co-FTF honors for some mutual collaboration along the way. This battle may be over but the war wages on! -Pfc FlagMan signing off for now.

Hello everybody.

The SDRP geocaching policy, and related docs are available at a temporary location, until they are up on the SDRP.org site.

they can be found at SDRP GeoCaching Info

Again, this is a temporary location and will only be up until they are on the main SDRP site.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

thank you.

The SDRP geocaching policy, and related docs are available at a temporary location, until they are up on the SDRP.org site.

they can be found at SDRP GeoCaching Info

Great news. Thanks for the work on the policy and letting us know what to expect. I also appreciate this part:

- Multi-caches, creative placements and usage of existing man-made features along the trail is encouraged.

icon_smile_evil.gif

Thought I'd give one of my caches a shameless plug. It seems that This Cache has pretty much went unnoticed, with just one person finding the cache so far. And I'm pretty sure he didn't go to stage two where the real cache/prize is.

So, any takers out there? Come on, it's only rated five stars! :blink:

W9JIM

Thought I'd give one of my caches a shameless plug. It seems that This Cache has pretty much went unnoticed, with just one person finding the cache so far. And I'm pretty sure he didn't go to stage two where the real cache/prize is.

So, any takers out there? Come on, it's only rated five stars! B)

W9JIM

I may try and give this one a shot this week

Caught up on 6 months of messages, and they've fanned caching flames again.

Parsa, as you have RPG experience, are you purposefully mimic'ing MYST? <_<

A general question:

As there's so much interest in puzzle caches, and I've an itch again not to let Off to Find a Wizard die a sooty death.....

....would it be worthwhile to resurrect the cache even without the suitcase-sized ammo box?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...71-240888b7ba7e

-Earl, Ringmaster,

The Adams Family Circus