The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

I was caching today in MTRP in the area around the Kumeyaay campground. After spending half an hour looking unsuccessfully for Pick Your Team, I started walking away. A park employee drove up and told me if I was caching that I was wasting my time because the park was removing caches and had taken that one. Has anyone else ever heard that MTRP was removing caches? I have been having trouble finding some around the campground recently and had wondered if someone had removed them.

Wow, I've not been geocaching for years other than maintaining the SDCET Top 70 TB and was checking out the forum links on that page only to see there's not much action around here any more! What happened?

If anyone knows any San Diego-based geocachers that are not and should be included in the TB list, please let me know (apparently via writing note on the TB rather than here :unsure: ).

TFTC

Edited by TFTC

Wow, I've not been geocaching for years other than maintaining the SDCET Top 70 TB and was checking out the forum links on that page only to see there's not much action around here any more! What happened?

If anyone knows any San Diego-based geocachers that are not and should be included in the TB list, please let me know (apparently via writing note on the TB rather than here :unsure: ).

TFTC

Lots more action on facebook now

http://www.facebook.com/groups/321218937913129/

Howzit?

I now live on Kauai and can not give,Not Again (aka the Sandwich Cache) GCP9V3, the attention it needs.

Sooooo who wants it?

Send me an email:

Chargers12thman@gmail.com

Aloha,

Dave 🐾🌴

PS if you have not found it you can't have it!

PPS I miss all my SD peeps!

Howzit?

I now live on Kauai and can not give,Not Again (aka the Sandwich Cache) GCP9V3, the attention it needs.

Sooooo who wants it?

Send me an email:

Chargers12thman@gmail.com

Aloha,

Dave 🐾🌴

PS if you have not found it you can't have it!

PPS I miss all my SD peeps!

Hi San Diego,

I am comming to San Diego for a Day trip on Dec 18th with my 4 and 7 year old. I was wondering if you could recommend 4 or 5 caches that would be kid enjoyable and maybe in a neat location?

Thank you,

Jake

Jake, San Diego is a pretty big area so I'm not sure which parts would work for you. There is a fun series for kids in Encinitas. They are all in one canyon area that has a lot of bushes and is criss-crossed with trails. All but one of the caches are regular size so they are great for the kids. Total time to find the 5 or 6 is about an hour. If this sounds like what you want let me know and I'll dig up the names or numbers for you.

--Larry

Hi San Diego,

I am comming to San Diego for a Day trip on Dec 18th with my 4 and 7 year old. I was wondering if you could recommend 4 or 5 caches that would be kid enjoyable and maybe in a neat location?

Thank you,

Jake

Jake, San Diego is a pretty big area so I'm not sure which parts would work for you. There is a fun series for kids in Encinitas. They are all in one canyon area that has a lot of bushes and is criss-crossed with trails. All but one of the caches are regular size so they are great for the kids. Total time to find the 5 or 6 is about an hour. If this sounds like what you want let me know and I'll dig up the names or numbers for you.

--Larry

That sounds perfect. I am willing to drive around a bit for the day. We are meeting a group for lunch at Ocean Side Pier Cafe and then I will have about 3-4 hours before I have to turn around and come home.

Edited by jakeyuma

Hi San Diego,

Thank you,

Jake

--Larry

That sounds perfect. I am willing to drive around a bit for the day. We are meeting a group for lunch at Ocean Side Pier Cafe and then I will have about 3-4 hours before I have to turn around and come home.

"NCC Uno Dos Tres (Uno)" GC1NHBG will get you started. There are 5 more NCC caches in the area and a couple of others not in the series that you might want to grab, such as "Benchmark ENC - 27," which is a fun find and a forehead slapper once you find it.

I'll send you a private email with PaF info in case you need it.

Wow!

This just goes to show how thoroughly the San Diego geocaching community has shifted over to FaceBook. There was a time when "The San Diego Thread" was the most prolific and active thread in all of the Geocaching Forums. And on top of that, there were several other San Diego specific threads (*** This Just In*** San Diego County Cache Critters, Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards, San Diego Banter. San Diego Whiners Thread, San Diego Congratulations Thread, etc.). At one point, there were so many SD Threads that the Forum Moderator shut some of them down because San Diego was dominating the West and Southwest Forum.

Now it's nothing but tumbleweeds and crickets...

Wow!

This just goes to show how thoroughly the San Diego geocaching community has shifted over to FaceBook. There was a time when "The San Diego Thread" was the most prolific and active thread in all of the Geocaching Forums. And on top of that, there were several other San Diego specific threads (*** This Just In*** San Diego County Cache Critters, Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards, San Diego Banter. San Diego Whiners Thread, San Diego Congratulations Thread, etc.). At one point, there were so many SD Threads that the Forum Moderator shut some of them down because San Diego was dominating the West and Southwest Forum.

Now it's nothing but tumbleweeds and crickets...

Howdy......

I think the crickets left also......

Vern / Foothills Drifter... B)