The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hi, Matteo01 -- are you out there?

Today in Peñasquitos Canyon I met a family of brand-new cachers. We exchanged our caching names, but not in writing, and I thought I got theirs correctly as Matteo01, but I can't find a new local cacher with that name or a similar one. I promised to send them some info but now I can't find them.

So... are you there? Or does anybody know them and can point me to the correct name?

I know they found TTuT #2 and #3 but they don't seem to have logged those yet. It sounded as if they'd joined up with the huge mob of cachers that were in PQ canyon on Saturday. Did any of y'all meet them on the trails out there this weekend?

Thanks!

Socal Reviewers

Member Since: Monday, November 29, 2010 Last Visit: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 Status: Premium Member, Reviewer E-Mail Address: Send Message Forum Title: Premium Member See the Forum Posts for This User

<a href="http://""" target="_blank"></a>

Noticed a new cache on my e-mail and also noticed it was a different reviewer so do we have a new one? and is Marko's and Kosh still with us?

With so many new caches and cachers all the time, they probably just need more help! :laughing:

Socal Reviewers

Socal Reviewers

Member Since: Monday, November 29, 2010 Last Visit: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 Status: Premium Member, Reviewer E-Mail Address: Send Message Forum Title: Premium Member See the Forum Posts for This User

Noticed a new cache on my e-mail and also noticed it was a different reviewer so do we have a new one? and is Marko's and Kosh still with us?

With so many new caches and cachers all the time, they probably just need more help! :laughing:

Socal Reviewers

Careful ... think it over. Who do you know that would be

the most likely person to take on the duties of a reviewer?

Socal Reviewers

Socal Reviewers

Careful ... think it over. Who do you know that would be

the most likely person to take on the duties of a reviewer?

I can think of a couple. I'm glad to see a new reviewer. Kosh and Marko have done a great job and another to help shoulder the load shouldn't hurt.

In the regular forums a lot of reviewers get bad names, but I've never read anything bad about our two. It's a thankless job and they should be commended.

Socal Reviewers

Socal Reviewers

Thanks Sue I copied then pasted but this is how it come out.

In the regular forums a lot of reviewers get bad names, but I've never read anything bad about our two.

Guess you missed FlagMan's comments about Marko, then...

:lol::lol::laughing:

WooooHoooooo!!! I think I was finally successful in getting that Pinko Commie fired!!! :laughing::rolleyes::rolleyes:

O please, say it isn't so ... that Commie Pinko Reviewer guy would never give up

without a fight.

Edited by SD Rowdies
In the regular forums a lot of reviewers get bad names, but I've never read anything bad about our two.

:lol::huh::laughing:

WooooHoooooo!!! I think I was finally successful in getting that Pinko Commie fired!!! :laughing::rolleyes::rolleyes:

O please, say it isn't so ... that Commie Pinko Reviewer guy would never give up

without a fight.

Noooooo! San Diego is so lucky to have two such dedicated reviewers... This new person has a lot to live up to!!! :lol:

:huh::blink::laughing:
O please, say it isn't so ... that Commie Pinko Reviewer guy would never give up without a fight.
Noooooo! San Diego is so lucky to have two such dedicated reviewers... This new person has a lot to live up to!!! :lol:

I'm betting the new guy is no better than the old guys... :lol:

:huh::blink::laughing:
O please, say it isn't so ... that Commie Pinko Reviewer guy would never give up without a fight.

I'm betting the new guy is no better than the old guys... :lol:

Who said it's a guy?

:blink::blink::D
WooooHoooooo!!! I think I was finally successful in getting that Pinko Commie fired!!! :D:laughing::laughing:
Noooooo! San Diego is so lucky to have two such dedicated reviewers... This new person has a lot to live up to!!! :drama:

I'm betting the new guy is no better than the old guys... :anibad:

Who said it's a guy?

It's probably a good thing we have another reviewer if it is in fact a third one. San Diego cachers keep the ones we have really busy, and I'm sure they could use a break! I just hope he/she isn't replacing either of the ones we have right now, :sad: but is an extra pair of hands! :D

:blink::sad::D
WooooHoooooo!!! I think I was finally successful in getting that Pinko Commie fired!!! :D:laughing::laughing:
Noooooo! San Diego is so lucky to have two such dedicated reviewers... This new person has a lot to live up to!!! :blink:

I'm betting the new guy is no better than the old guys... :drama:

Who said it's a guy?

It's probably a good thing we have another reviewer if it is in fact a third one. San Diego cachers keep the ones we have really busy, and I'm sure they could use a break! I just hope he/she isn't replacing either of the ones we have right now, :D but is an extra pair of hands! :santa:

:anibad: I think they just combined both accounts into one so we won't know which one is which one 'cause you all know we plan our placements based on who's day it is to do the reviewing...cause we know that Commie Pinko is a hard butt and the Kosh guy will approve anything...or is it the other way around?

:D I think they just combined both accounts into one so we won't know which one is which one 'cause you all know we plan our placements based on who's day it is to do the reviewing...cause we know that Commie Pinko is a hard butt and the Kosh guy will approve anything...or is it the other way around?

Actually, I have it on good authority that they created a joint account due to the fact that Marko knows that I've been timing my cache releases to avoid Marko on account of the infamous "dunk tank incident"... :D

:D I think they just combined both accounts into one so we won't know which one is which one 'cause you all know we plan our placements based on who's day it is to do the reviewing...cause we know that Commie Pinko is a hard butt and the Kosh guy will approve anything...or is it the other way around?

Actually, I have it on good authority that they created a joint account due to the fact that Marko knows that I've been timing my cache releases to avoid Marko on account of the infamous "dunk tank incident"... :D

Come on folks ... think hard, who has shown personal traits

that would include aspiring to the social status of a reviewer?

Actually, I have it on good authority that they created a joint account due to the fact that Marko knows that I've been timing my cache releases to avoid Marko on account of the infamous "dunk tank incident"... :anibad:

Come on folks ... think hard, who has shown personal traits

that would include aspiring to the social status of a reviewer?

Don't you mean anti-social?!? :laughing::laughing::D

Actually, I have it on good authority that they created a joint account due to the fact that Marko knows that I've been timing my cache releases to avoid Marko on account of the infamous "dunk tank incident"... :anibad:

Come on folks ... think hard, who has shown personal traits that would include aspiring to the social status of a reviewer?

"Aspire" implies an ascension -- and that's not the usual direction when referring to achieving the "social status of a reviewer"... :D:laughing::laughing:

Anyway, from what I've read in the forums, becoming a reviewer is kind of like becoming a pope. You have to exhibit no interest whatsoever in becoming a reviewer in order to be considered. It's kind of hard to aspire to something and have no interest in it at the same time. (But that's just the sort of multiple personality that the Lillypond looks for -- or so I've heard...)

Come on folks ... think hard, who has shown personal traits that would include aspiring to the social status of a reviewer?

"Aspire" implies an ascension -- and that's not the usual direction when referring to achieving the "social status of a reviewer"... :D:laughing::laughing:

Anyway, from what I've read in the forums, becoming a reviewer is kind of like becoming a pope. You have to exhibit no interest whatsoever in becoming a reviewer in order to be considered. It's kind of hard to aspire to something and have no interest in it at the same time. (But that's just the sort of multiple personality that the Lillypond looks for -- or so I've heard...)

:drama: I know a few ladies that were flirting with the Lackeys in Seattle....hmmmm.....I wonder....

:drama: I know a few ladies that were flirting with the Lackeys in Seattle....hmmmm.....I wonder....

Ahem....

6579a3fd-6bc4-4b3a-81b7-781e844e6797.jpg

Edited by FlagMan
:anitongue: I think they just combined both accounts into one so we won't know which one is which one 'cause you all know we plan our placements based on who's day it is to do the reviewing...cause we know that Commie Pinko is a hard butt and the Kosh guy will approve anything...or is it the other way around?

Actually, I have it on good authority that they created a joint account due to the fact that Marko knows that I've been timing my cache releases to avoid Marko on account of the infamous "dunk tank incident"... :ph34r:

"Aspire" implies an ascension -- and that's not the usual direction when referring to achieving the "social status of a reviewer"... ;):D:D

;) I know a few ladies that were flirting with the Lackeys in Seattle....hmmmm.....I wonder....

Ahem....

The final three cadidates in the vetting process perhaps?

:anitongue: I think they just combined both accounts into one so we won't know which one is which one 'cause you all know we plan our placements based on who's day it is to do the reviewing...cause we know that Commie Pinko is a hard butt and the Kosh guy will approve anything...or is it the other way around?

Actually, I have it on good authority that they created a joint account due to the fact that Marko knows that I've been timing my cache releases to avoid Marko on account of the infamous "dunk tank incident"... :ph34r:

"Aspire" implies an ascension -- and that's not the usual direction when referring to achieving the "social status of a reviewer"... ;):D:D

;) I know a few ladies that were flirting with the Lackeys in Seattle....hmmmm.....I wonder....

Ahem....

The final three candidates in the vetting process perhaps?

You know after 17,000 finds you've just about seen everything and could make a reviewers job quite easy.

Of course after the OTT incident trying to place a cache within the boundary of an existing cache I'm not sure that would result in reviewer status. Unless of course she was trying to prevent becoming a reviewer..... :ph34r:;)

It wasn't just the lackeys' they were flirting with...I seem to remember some photos taken with a giant frog...

It wasn't just the lackeys' they were flirting with...I seem to remember some photos taken with a giant frog...

I think I've seen them embracing that frog at the Yuma Event too. :ph34r:;)

:) I think they just combined both accounts into one so we won't know which one is which one 'cause you all know we plan our placements based on who's day it is to do the reviewing...cause we know that Commie Pinko is a hard butt and the Kosh guy will approve anything...or is it the other way around?

"Aspire" implies an ascension -- and that's not the usual direction when referring to achieving the "social status of a reviewer"... ;):laughing::laughing:

I think I've seen them embracing that frog at the Yuma Event too. :laughing::laughing:

Please post the photo's would love to see that.

Lucky frog. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:) I think they just combined both accounts into one so we won't know which one is which one 'cause you all know we plan our placements based on who's day it is to do the reviewing...cause we know that Commie Pinko is a hard butt and the Kosh guy will approve anything...or is it the other way around?

"Aspire" implies an ascension -- and that's not the usual direction when referring to achieving the "social status of a reviewer"... ;):laughing::laughing:

I think I've seen them embracing that frog at the Yuma Event too. :laughing::laughing:

Please post the photo's would love to see that.

Lucky frog. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

PROOF

Maybe a little more than flirting?

Staff Photo?

Lucky Frog

Some of the applicants might have gotten out of hand.

Yeb afraid so

Princesses kissing frogs huh? Shoot, I'm uglier

than a frog but for the most part I go kissless.

Apparently frog-ugly only works when you are

below the grampa age-threshold.

Above that threshold it seems to be all about

trick cutlery.

Hate t' admit it but I recognize that pair of jeans.

So sad,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Lucky Frog

Yeb afraid so

trick cutlery.

So sad,

Harmon

So sad for who?

You wouldn't hear me complaining and also I'm a grandpa.

Edited by Team Fatman
Lucky Frog

Yeb afraid so

trick cutlery.

So sad,

Harmon

So sad for who?

You wouldn't hear me complaining and also I'm a grandpa.

"...all about trick cutlery."

No trick involved, just paying attention when someone speaks (although I do admit, after a few minutes in my company, it's easy to tune me out)...you sure are one silly goose, 'Ol Eleven Fangers!!! :anibad:

Hey there everyone!

I am not a native to the San Diego area. Instead I am a migrant worker following the good weather South with my blimp. My current blimp is the MetLife ship Snoopy 2 at Brown Field off the 905 a stones throw from the border. I have tomorrow off and plan to go up into the OCOSP for some caching tomorrow seeing as it is close to the hotel. Not that close but I need to get out for a walk.

What I am hoping is maybe I could get together with some of you folks the next time the blimp comes down here. We are scheduled to go North to the Bay Area on Monday but we will be returning.

I am a car-less cacher in need of a ride. If you are interested in a co-pilot or just someone to assist in gas purchasing I would love to talk.

Cliff's Notes

e-mail me through my profile

Hey there everyone!

I am not a native to the San Diego area. Instead I am a migrant worker following the good weather South with my blimp. My current blimp is the MetLife ship Snoopy 2 at Brown Field off the 905 a stones throw from the border. I have tomorrow off and plan to go up into the OCOSP for some caching tomorrow seeing as it is close to the hotel. Not that close but I need to get out for a walk.

What I am hoping is maybe I could get together with some of you folks the next time the blimp comes down here. We are scheduled to go North to the Bay Area on Monday but we will be returning.

I am a car-less cacher in need of a ride. If you are interested in a co-pilot or just someone to assist in gas purchasing I would love to talk.

Cliff's Notes

I'll give you a ride in my Yeep if you'll give me a ride in your blimp!! :anibad:

Hey there everyone!

Cliff's Notes

I'll give you a ride in my Yeep if you'll give me a ride in your blimp!! :anibad:

I would love to go Jeep caching! Unfortunately I am not able to give out rides in the blimp, all I do is chase is and keep it clean. I bought a Jeep but have only been able to park and cache. Most of my caching was in New Jersey and the parks and roads were all blocked from motorized vehicles, and I am too law abiding to flaunt that rule.

Hi everyone, haven't been caching much lately but i still get one or two in from time to time.

Today I got an email saying i have been awarded some Souvenirs for MA, GA, RI. Yes I did get around a bit last year.

Should I be excited or is this a ho hum kinda of deal. I am betting on the latter.

Who knows maybe I will see some of you who still remember me out on the trail someday.

Have A Good Holiday Season, whatever yours might be,

Rick S.

thekitedude

Edited by thekitedude

Hey there everyone!

Cliff's Notes

I would love to go Jeep caching! Unfortunately I am not able to give out rides in the blimp, all I do is chase is and keep it clean. I bought a Jeep but have only been able to park and cache. Most of my caching was in New Jersey and the parks and roads were all blocked from motorized vehicles, and I am too law abiding to flaunt that rule.

Oh, OK, I'll give you a ride in the Yeep anyway... I sent you my number, so give me a call when you come back in town...

Today I got an email saying i have been awarded some Souvenirs for MA, GA, RI. Yes I did get around a bit last year.

Should I be excited or is this a ho hum kinda of deal. I am betting on the latter.

I'm ho-hum about them. They don't add much to the GC experience from my perspective. But as with most things in this game, there are probably people out there who will want to collect as many of these as they can.

Your mileage may vary...

I had a great day of caching today. I love this area all the caches were in good shape no trash in the containers.

Walked up the Otay County Open Spaces truck road and was approached by a Border Patrol agent who was a geocacher as well.

I love this area and am looking forward to many more caching days here.

Cliff's Notes

Happy Birthday, Harmon!!! ;)

(sure hope I got the date right)

Nope!! Pretty sure its the 13th... Not sure why that date sticks in my head... :D

On the other hand, it is FlagSon Andrew's 18th birthday today!! Our work is done!!! ;)

Wait a minute!! Maybe Harmon's is the 11th!! I'm supposed to remember this!!! I must be getting old...

Happy Birthday, Harmon!!!

e230d2d2-f9bc-4231-9b8a-38b4efecbafc.jpg

Edited by FlagMan

Happy Birthday, Harmon!!! ;)

Nope!! Pretty sure its the 13th... Not sure why that date sticks in my head... :D

On the other hand, it is FlagSon Andrew's 18th birthday today!! Our work is done!!! ;)

See this is why you are on FACEBOOK it tells you when it's your friends birthdays.

Congrats on raising a fine son there Tom I know the feeling.

Happy Birthday Andrew.

Yes, today is indeed my birthday ... 76 years old and

still have a body temperature that's above ambient.

Thank you all for happy wishes. Got a busy day ahead

of me ... grampa attends granddaughter's water polo

game in the morning, dancing in the afternoon, and then

dinner with friends in the evening.

Happy birthday to Andrew of course and special thanks

to my beleaguered pal Sue. Let it be known that Sue

was innocent of the slashing incident, you know, sort of.

Harmon

SD Rwdies

Yes, today is indeed my birthday ... 76 years old and

still have a body temperature that's above ambient.

Thank you all for happy wishes. Got a busy day ahead

of me ... grampa attends granddaughter's water polo

game in the morning, dancing in the afternoon, and then

dinner with friends in the evening.

Happy birthday to Andrew of course and special thanks

to my beleaguered pal Sue. Let it be known that Sue

was innocent of the slashing incident, you know, sort of.

Harmon

SD Rwdies

Happy Birthday, Harmon!!! 76 year old, huh? Amazing!! ;) Smart ;) funny :D energetic :lol: spunky :mad: and definitely inspirational! :lol: Have a great day!! ;)

Happy Birthday, Harmon!!! :mad:

See this is why you are on FACEBOOK it tells you when it's your friends birthdays.

Congrats on raising a fine son there Tom I know the feeling.

Happy Birthday Andrew.

Happy Birthday to Andrew!! 18!! ;) No more "kids" at home for Tom. :lol: