The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

quote:
Originally posted by Kite & Hawkeye:

Yrium -- thanks for the heads up on that cache notify website... we've logged three first finds this week since signing up icon_smile.gif.

You're welcome! From now on I'll take a vicarious thrill whenever I see someone who posts on the SAN DIEGO thread getting a first find.

In other news... Today I had a very cool and novel experience happen to me. I was pumping gas at a local station here in Escondido and a guy pulled up along side my car with the 'YRIUM' vanity plates and the driver leaned out his window and said "Excuse me...".

I figured he was going to ask for directions so I was already getting into give-out-directions to clueless driver mode when he said "... Are you yrium of Geocaching and Wheresgeorge?".

You could have knocked me over with a feather. It was pretty cool to have someone who recognized the name from geocaching logs say hi. His name is Mikul and you'll be seeing his logs soon.

--- yrium ---

Power to the computer literate!

Just a quick note to let you know that I won't be racing you guys to first finds for a few weeks, since I'm in Moscow!

There are no caches in Moscow yet, so I snapped some coordinates today and will put up a virtual soon.

I hope to snag two or three (all there are!) in the St. Petersburg area next week, and maybe also place a new virtual.

What fun to be caching in this nearly virgin territory!

cu, Gary

Rehab is for quitters...

Does this sound like anyone you know?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=108ce45f-8802-46d3-b42a-fb9fdeafc34d

Is geocaching the focal point of your entire existence?

Are your vacations planned completely around what geocaches you want to hunt?

Does it amaze you that people actually buy and use GPSrs for something OTHER than geocaching?

Do you find yourself frequently explaining to local law enforcement what geocaching is all about?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may be afflicted with a little known, but highly contagious, condition known as Geocaching Addiction Syndrome (GAS). People who have GAS often talk about these and other strange symptoms.

If you think you have GAS, or are showing symptoms of it's early stages, then you should strongly consider enrolling in the 12 Step Program. The 12 Step Program was designed specifically for people with GAS. It was created to help people understand their addiction, see first hand what it does to their lives, and effectively deal with it.

Fine Print: The 12 Step Program is not, and does not claim to be, a cure for GAS. Instead, it should be thought of as a certification program for geocaching addicts, so that at the next local geocachers club meeting, they can proudly say, "Hi, My name is __________, I have GAS, and I've completed the 12 Step Program."

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=06608f57-b159-4c5d-8ecb-c125c449e0da

Do you find yourself unchallenged by drive-by urban micro-caches and feel a little let down by virtual caches? Do you take your GPS with you when you go grocery shopping? Do you lie awake at night, thinking about your next geocaching adventure? Do you spend inordinate amounts of time in 99 cent and 1$ discount stores? Do you hoard small containers? When asked for directions, do you give latitude and longitude coordinates? Do you buy mints and eat them three or four at a time, just so you can empty the tin they came in? Are you an adult that carries matchbox cars and Happy Meal toys with them everywhere you go? Did you name your family dog Garmin or Magellan? Do you only visit your in-laws when there is a new cache posted in their neighborhood? Do you have a rubber stamp with your team name on it? Do you worry about the limit of unique numbers that can be specified using a four-digit hexadecimal numbering system? Do you visit city parks on a regular basis, but never really make use of the equipment or facilities? Do you sometimes hold a GPS receiver to your ear and pretend it is a cell-phone, in order to avoid suspicion?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may be addicted to Geo-caching. But fear not, there is help for you and others like you. We have developed a 12-step program that will satisfy your cravings for geocaching. Of course, the first step to any successful program is admitting that you have a problem. If you are reading this, chances are, you have a problem. If you are ready to do something about it, you should gather together your family or other support group and go to the posted coordinates to begin the program. This is intended as a self-administered program so go at your own pace. You should be able to complete the entire program in 2 hours or less, provided you don’t go into remission along the way. If you find that you really need some assistance, you can read more about each of the twelve steps below.

[12 Steps:]

Step 1 – Admitting you have a problem will open the gateway to your successful recovery.

Step 2 – Don’t push yourself beyond your capabilities.

Step 3 – Without help, an addicted geocacher could eventually lose his sanity.

Step 4 – If you are having trouble, take a deep breath, relax, and count to 100.

Step 5 – You needn’t be ashamed of your addiction; hold your head up high and be proud.

Step 6 – If you’ve made it this far, stop and give yourself a treet.

Step 7 – The path to recovery is no picnic, but the rewards are worth the effort.

Step 8 – If you still have the energy, try to complete this step without being seen.

Step 9 – Sometimes, when you’re uncertain, you just have to take a chance and go out on a limb.

Step 10 – In order to cure your addiction, you need to get to the root of the problem.

Step 11 – This next to last step is an important benchmark on your road to recovery.

Step 12 – If you can complete this step, congratulations! You deserve to log it as a find!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&ID=55314&decrypt=y&log=

Following is a Geocaching Addiction Test

Do you have an addiction to geocaching? Only you can answer that question.

Take the following quiz to help put your geocaching in perspective. If you end up answering "yes" to three or more questions, you may want to take a good look how your life is affected by geocaching.

Have you missed work or classes because of geocaching?

Along those same lines, have you ever taken an entire afternoon for your lunch break because of geocaching?

Do you have trouble going anywhere without first checking to see if there is a geocache in that area you have not yet found?

Does the sport of geocaching come up in almost all conversations you have?

Do you consider the number of geocaches you have found to be guiding your self-confidence?

Do you use geocaching to help you relax?

Have you left home without something you are supposed to bring (like your spouse) but never without your Geocaching bag?

Do you log in to Geocaching.com as soon as you wake up to see if there is a new cache in your area (OK, then how about just before you go to bed)?

Do you forget your spouses name, but remember the cache number to your favorite geocache?

Have you begged your spouse to take you to the local dollar store to get more "log books"?

Do you lie to others about how often you geocache?

Has anyone asked you to "Sit down, we need to talk" about your geocaching?

We're here to help. This cache is a test to see how addicted to geocaching you really are.

Your goal is to not find this cache.

Can you resist searching out this, or any other "easy" cache?

Show the world how strong you are. You can stop Geocaching anytime you want. Right?

Really you can...

"Fiiiind meeee..."

Did you hear something off in the distance... ? Never mind. It must have been the wind. Well, on with your goal:

First, be sure NOT to direct your car to the designated parking place on the side of the road at N44° 54.006' W91° 37.708'.

Next, do NOT, under any circumstances, walk toward the next waypoint of N44° 54.129' W91° 37.710'. Once you have avoided getting to this location, make sure you do NOT head toward the extremely bent tree at N44° 54.160' W91° 37.787'. Do NOT search this tree thoroughly! In this tree you will eventually find NOTHING! What did you expect? We're trying to help you! Now you have another chance to recoup yourself and GET OUT of the area before you make the almost inevitable mistake of finding this cache. Remember your goal?

Your goal is to not find this cache.

With that goal firmly ensconced on your brain, do NOT now set your GPS to N44° 54.192' W91° 37.660' where you will most certainly end up in a mad hunt trying to find this cache! Remember, you are NOT supposed to find this cache because you do not NEED to find it. You are NOT addicted to Geocaching, right?

Sadly, those poor addicted Geocachers listed below have FAILED this test. In spite of the little smiley faces they have next to their logs, they are the ones we must truly feel sorry for: After all, they are addicted to Geocaching!

BikeDog

Have finally activated the Rancho Bernardo View II Cache today. We delayed activation while converting it to a Multi-Cache. This is also a Travel Bug Cache. For the next week it will be a Subscribers Only Cache. Sorry for the delay.

PJH

Hey there everyone,

As a newbie I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the SD area. Bought my first GPS yesterday and will be headed out for my first cache today, or two, or three. I am happy to see such an active group of cachers here in SD and I look forward to meeting you on the trail.

Take it easy,

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Slick#5:

Hey there everyone,

As a newbie I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the SD area.

Greetings Slick#5,

Welcome to San Diego's geocaching scene. Slick#5. How'd you get that handle? Are there Slicks numbered 2 thru 4 looking for caches somewhere in the world?

Again Welcome,

--- yrium ---

Hey guys,

I found two caches today, hiked about 8 miles and enjoyed the view on Black Mountain. Of course it became wicked hot up there around 1pm but I was prepared. I was hoping to run into a fellow cacher with GPS in hand but I am sure I 'll come across another hunter. I plan on going out again tomorrow, but dont know what spot to pick. All in all it was a great day.

I was wondering how people feel about the $30 annual membership and also the members only caches? In a way I feel it would be nice to make a cache that really has some great items inside. just wondering.

Ah yes the Slick#5 handle, well thats a trail story so if we cross paths I'll fill you in.

Thanks again for your welcome. See you in the shrubs!!!!

Congratulations on your first two finds Slick#5. You will probably have to do a bit more caching before you run into some fellow geocachers, but if you want to meet a whole bunch of them from the SD area, why don't you join us for our picnic event..

As far as your membership question goes, the best reasons to pay the $30 is to support the website and to be able to perform Pocket Queries. A Pocket Query allows you to have a list of caches from a customized search, generate a waypoint file and/or eBook you can carry with you.

Rocket Man

quote:
Originally posted by SUNHOUSE:

Hey another quickie whats the link to the paper ur supposed to print out and put in a geocache?

On the Geocaching.com main page look under "New to caching" then the link to hiding your first cache. You will find another link to a word doc with the page.

Ruscal

Here is the link that you need to get the document in word format. http://www.geocaching.com/articles/stashnote.doc

If you need it in text format, or in another language it is on the Hide & Seek tab of the main page.

About Dr. Suess' House. I don't know the exact address, so that won't help you find it. I know that the street is hard to find, and from what I understand the thomas bros map and mapquest have the streets wrong in that area. It is part of the challenge, although I never really meant it to be. If you want more detailed info, e-mail me.

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

I, Madam, I made radio!! So I dared!! Am I mad?? AM I????

Thanks Rocket Man for your input. I will try to make the event. I plan on hitting your 9/11 cache this week so I can find Coolswag@view junction. Too bad about the Technogeek cache having problems. I figure its been 4 months for Coolswag so someone (me) should check up on it. I'll let you know how I find it.

After the explosive demise of Oops, I Did It Again, a new cache actually AT THE AIRPORT seems like a spectacularly bad idea. I'm surprised it got approved. The cacher that placed it has some nice hides, but has done some rather, well, odd things, as well.

By the way, how do you get the id# of a cache you haven't found? All this javascript crap results in URLS with a bunch of =2c1e067e-71db-41d3-a40c-dbf106bab820-type garbage, and I know those can't be used to make links. The only way I've seen to get the real URL is to look at my own list of posted finds/notes/etc, but obviously that doesn't include caches I haven't found or noted.

quote:

By the way, how do you get the id# of a cache you haven't found? All this javascript crap results in URLS with a bunch of =2c1e067e-71db-41d3-a40c-dbf106bab820-type garbage, and I know those can't be used to make links.

Yep, those long urls are a bit unwieldy but they can be used as a link. If the length of them is a problem you can get a tiny url for use as an abbreviated url for example pay and play is a url I generated at tinyurl.com

[on second thought, what I wrote here doesn't make sense so I deleted it to save myself from embarrassment]

--- yrium ---

quote:

The cacher that placed it has some nice hides, but has done some rather, well, odd things, as well.

Now, I have not found any of those caches, so I may be way out of line here, but I do have to wonder about somebody that has placed 19 caches and only found 6.

It is a wonder that it was approved, but I hate to complain about Lack of restrictions. icon_confused.gif

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Night Hunter:

quote:

The cacher that placed it has some nice hides, but has done some rather, well, odd things, as well.

Now, I have not found any of those caches, so I may be way out of line here, but I do have to wonder about somebody that has placed 19 caches and only found 6.

We did her(?) original quartet in Balboa Park and they were quite good, except for the one with way-off coordinates that was in a revegetation area. (Doggie Do Do, Sewer Sam's, Stonewall Jackson, Planes/Hawks/Automobiles). Since then, though, I've been reluctant to pursue more of them, since there's been a few cases of completely incorrect coordinates -- for example, no way is "Big Cliff Crab Cache" out in the ocean, when the hint says it's next to a parking lot. And the airport thing makes me even more dubious. We may not need more rules, but I suspect some of these problems may be due to inexperience.

I guess some people may be more into the hiding aspect than the finding aspect. Still, I'm a bit baffled as to how a San Diegan can manage to restrict themselves to only six caches in 3+ months. You can go for a walk in Penasquitos Canyon and *trip* over that many in an afternoon.

Not sure if we're anyone to complain, though. We're behind on *hiding* caches -- ought to give more back to the community, right? I seem blind to good spots, though -- someone else will come in, place a cache in our neighborhood, and leave us smacking our foreheads and muttering, "Why didn't we put one there?"

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Night Hunter:

quote:

We did her(?) original quartet in Balboa Park and they were quite good, except for the one with way-off coordinates that was in a revegetation area. (Doggie Do Do, Sewer Sam's, Stonewall Jackson, Planes/Hawks/Automobiles). Since then, though, I've been reluctant to pursue more of them, since there's been a few cases of completely incorrect coordinates -- for example, no way is "Big Cliff Crab Cache" out in the ocean, when the hint says it's next to a parking lot. And the airport thing makes me even more dubious. We may not need more rules, but I suspect some of these problems may be due to inexperience.

I guess some people may be more into the hiding aspect than the finding aspect. Still, I'm a bit baffled as to how a San Diegan can manage to restrict themselves to only six caches in 3+ months. You can go for a walk in Penasquitos Canyon and *trip* over that many in an afternoon.

Not sure if we're anyone to complain, though. We're behind on *hiding* caches -- ought to give more back to the community, right? I seem blind to good spots, though -- someone else will come in, place a cache in our neighborhood, and leave us smacking our foreheads and muttering, "Why didn't we put one there?"

We looked for the "Big Cliff Crab Cache" because I have visited this area often, and know it like the back of my hand. It was 1 cache of 30 we were planning to do that day so we decided we would only take 10 mins. to look for it. Half an hour later, we never found anything, and from the clues it almost sounds like they may have placed it in the tidepools??? It probably was washed away if that is the case. We were truly hoping to have the FTF on that one! [icon_biggrin.gif] oh well.

Thanks eveyone for your awesome caches in San Diego. I am so glad there are so many of you. It's like our own little community within the community.

Happy Hunting!!! Watch out travel bugs... here we come.

quote:
Originally posted by The Adams Family Circus:

hey now! We've hit 7 in the last three months due to one thing or another!!

Right, but have you hidden 20 in the last three months!!!

But even if you had, your experience level is up there enough that they may be fine, although, I think anybody hiding that many that fast would tend to hide some find-a-bush, cover-and-run caches.

quote:
Originally posted by Three's Company:

Thanks eveyone for your awesome caches in San Diego. I am so glad there are so many of you. It's like our own little community within the community.

I agree with this. No matter what else is going on, we have a great group of cachers here, and there will always be quality caches to find.

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

I just wanted to say hi to San Diego geocachers. I'm new, found my first one two days ago.

So why haven't I found my next one yet? There's no warning in the FAQs about making sure you use sunscreen. So some dummy with red hair and blue eyes spent three hours in the afternoon sun walking around looking for his first cache. And got a bad sunburn for his troubles.

But, that will pass in a few more days and I'll be ready for my next one. I think my next one is going to be Freeway View.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=44697135-3db5-49a7-840c-9934031b9ff9

Should be nice and easy for a rookie like me. And I'll be a rookie smeared head to toe with sunscreen.

Again, hi all, see ya' around.

Cleos Dad

Be on the licon_eek.gificon_eek.gifkout for our lonely travel bugs. They have had a bit of trouble getting on the go. They are lonely and just waiting for another lonely geocacher to come along and pick them up. Just don't get too attached, they do have to go out on their own to seek their own adventures in geocaching.

Ringo's Restless TB is getting very anxious... as the name implies, he gets a little crazy staying in one place too long. Hopefully he didn't get too antcy and escape from his temporary home in Proctor Valley Monster Project.

Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!! has most likely been taken hostage by the other travel bugs in Bernie's Bug Bungalow due to his dashing good looks. icon_cool.gif

Please... help these poor lost travel bug soles find a way to their destiny. icon_wink.gif

-Three's Company

quote:
Originally posted by three's company:

Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!! has most likely been taken hostage by the other travel bugs in _Bernie's Bug Bungalow_ due to his dashing good looks.

I have noticed that That cache could turn into a travel bug black hole. With a minimum of always 10 travel bugs, a bug might get stuck in there while cachers choose a different bug. For example, when I visited that cache back on March 14, the travel bug "Larry" was there, and still is.

Putting a message here is a good idea, maybe Johnny can get out with a little help.

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

icon_cool.gif

Yep Yrium is turning into a legend in his own time. lololololol

I never thought you'd last as long as you have, I think I still have that first email asking which side of the creek the cache was on. just everyone keep an eye on him he is devious

CONGRATS

All who look are not lost

quote:
Originally posted by vagabond:

Yep Yrium is turning into a legend in his own time. lololololol

Vagabond,

No, My beautiful wife Whistlestick says you have the quote wrong. Its...

"Yrium is turning into a legend in his own MIND".

--- yrium ---

Hi, guys.

I'm finally back from Russia and plan to start geocaching again. Keep an eye out for the cool russian swag that I brought back! I'll be leaving 10 matrushkas (nesting dolls) at the first 10 caches in which they will fit, three russian mini-puzzles, and a one ruble coin at the next hundred caches that I visit!

You might want to take a look at my logs for two of the caches in Russia that I found while there:

The Town of Pushkin - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=77523

Russian Novelty - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=851

I've now found or placed 30 percent of all of the caches in Russia!

cu, Gary

Welcome home, Gary! I'll be watching for your Russian cache goodies! At the same time, the wife and I are going to be tour guides for a family from New Zealand this weekend. Look for some native Kiwi swag to show up in some of the caches along I94 and the Otay Truck Trail next week. Don't know for sure what they'll be bringing, but it should be fun. I'm also going to give them a bunch of my Scenic cache cards to take back to New Zealand with them - get those puppies into worldwide circulation. Wish I would have had some ready before you made your trip.

Peace,

Radical Geezer

Is there any sort of guideline as to when event caches should be archived? I'm getting tired of looking at the Magellan "Pre-Launch Geocaching Challenge" at REI. The Challenge has a page of its own, the one that people get to log when they find all 25 caches. There's no further possibility of logging the Pre-Launch event. It is a blight upon our nearest unfound page!

But, then, there must always be unattainable caches to taunt us (like that 4.5 terrain above Black's Beach). And Ruscal, dangit, placing another cache on Mount Soledad when we just FINALLY logged Soledad Splendor, after a year of dawdling and dragging feet (and one not-found. It wasn't under the bloody rock! really!). I hate going down those steep trails, so I'm going to end up perched on the top like the wuss that I am while Hawkeye goes down the trail, and I will fear for his life after seeing some little memorial cross halfway down. A hiker that perished falling into the abyss? Someone who intentionally jumped? Mount Soledad makes me strangely uncomfortable. But there's a cache there, so we have to return.

Hi Kite,

My new Mount Soledad cache ''Ghost Riders'' is a little less terrain severe than Mark71Mark's cache on the north slope. You are looking at the steepest part of the slope when standing at the vehicle gate. Use your own discretion though, only you know what you feel comfortable doing. As participant searchers in this game, we have to use our own judgment regarding our personal safety. There are potentially fatal dangers in this sport, so we have to look out for ourselves. icon_smile.gif

Keep on cachin,

Ruscal

quote:

Is there any sort of guideline as to when event caches should be archived? I'm getting tired of looking at the Magellan "Pre-Launch Geocaching Challenge" at REI. The Challenge has a page of its own, the one that people get to log when they find all 25 caches. There's no further possibility of logging the Pre-Launch event. It is a blight upon our nearest unfound page!

But, then, there must always be unattainable caches to taunt us (like that 4.5 terrain above Black's Beach). And Ruscal, dangit, placing another cache on Mount Soledad when we just FINALLY logged Soledad Splendor, after a year of dawdling and dragging feet (and one not-found. It wasn't under the bloody rock! really!). I hate going down those steep trails, so I'm going to end up perched on the top like the wuss that I am while Hawkeye goes down the trail, and I will fear for his life after seeing some little memorial cross halfway down. A hiker that perished falling into the abyss? Someone who intentionally jumped? Mount Soledad makes me strangely uncomfortable. But there's a cache there, so we have to return.

Oh, I'm just kvetching. Hawkeye's much less intimidated by hills than I am, so at least one of us will make it to the cache. Besides, we need some more challenging caches to balance out all the quick micros. Variety is good. If I truly don't feel good about a hill, I won't climb it; I'd rather give up a find than mess up my Achilles tendon again. But caching has also encouraged me to push myself when it's just laziness saying, "Naw, I don't want to climb that high." It's just amusing that after FINALLY knocking off Soledad Splendor and swearing I'd never go up there again... a new cache appears and makes me eat my words.

Hi Kite

I'm another one who sits and waits either at the top or bottom of any really really steep bits while dh manfully goes ahead! Not fair really as I am the keen cacher while dh humours me!! I sat by that little cross wondering the fate of the young man! My closest not found cache is at the top of Black Mountain and by golly, heart and legs willing, one day I'll get up there!! But probalbly no in this lifetime!!

ttfn

Jane of the Silver Horde aka Jane8276

Hey guys!

I have been trying to submit my SUPER GEOCACHE but I am receiving an error message. I was just wondering if anyone has tried to submit a new cache in the past day, and if they had any similar problems. This is the error message I am getting:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +180

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql) +127

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlGeocacheController.Create(Guid CacheGUID, String Nickname, Int64 OwnerID, String OwnerEmail, Double LatDegrees, Double LatMinSec, Double LonDegrees, Double LonMinSec, String ContactName, DateTime DatePlaced, Uri URL, Double TerrainLevel, Double DifficultyLevel, Int64 CountryID, Int64 StateID, Boolean IsHtml, Int64 SiteTypeID, String ShortDescription, String LongDescription, String EncodedHints, Int64 ContainerID, Boolean IsSubscriberOnly, Boolean IsAvailable) +1264

Groundspeak.Web.CustomWpt.Geocache.CreateCache(Guid CacheGUID, String Nickname, User Owner, Double Latitude, Double Longitude, String ContactName, DateTime DatePlaced, Uri URL, Double TerrainLevel, Double DifficultyLevel, Int32 CountryID, Int32 StateID, Boolean IsHtml, Int32 SiteTypeID, String ShortDescription, String LongDescription, String EncodedHints, Int32 ContainerID, Boolean IsSubscriberOnly, Boolean IsAvailable) +308

Geocaching.UI.hide_report.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1143

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1266

If you guys can help me out at all, it would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

quote:

I have been trying to submit my SUPER GEOCACHE but I am receiving an error message. I was just wondering if anyone has tried to submit a new cache in the past day, and if they had any similar problems.

Threes,

I don't have a new cache, but after reading your post I decided to make a tiny change to one of my existing caches to see if an error would pop up. It went thru okay for me just a minute ago but I noticed that there had been some changes to the submittal form. Maybe they just introduced the changes and you encountered bugs that they have now fixed.

--- yrium ---

Oh, and keep your details. When I die I want to go easy. icon_smile.gif actually, the 1/1's are kicking my butt these days. Look forward to doing your cache when I'm in finer fettle.

I am still trying to submit THE SUPER GEOCACHE without success icon_frown.gif The sad thing is that there is a poor lonely travel bug in the cache... and noone knows!!! I have emailed Jeremy as well as report@geocaching.com I hope to receive some info soon. i hope i hope i hope! haha.

anxiously waiting,

-Three's Company

p.s. does anyone know if another geocacher can post someone else's cache... but still giving credit to the original hider???

quote:

I am still trying to submit THE SUPER GEOCACHE without success

What web browser are you using THREE? I just used IE 6.0.2800 again to update a cache page of mine.

If you want to send me your cache details in an email along with your password I'll submit it for you. I suggest you change your password to something unique and then after I enter your cache you can change it back.

--- yrium ---

Thanks everyone all of your help... Jeremy posted the SUPER GEOCACHE for me, and it is just waiting approval. icon_smile.gif I can't wait to see who gets the FTF on this one! Boy do I feel stupid... all that was wrong was my short description was too long!!!!!!! Jeremy said he is going to change the error message page so this confusion doesn't happen again. I guess my blondness is more dominant than I thought! icon_razz.gif See all of you at the picnic I hope.

-Three's Company