The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hey, I see the survey is yielding results! Starting May 2nd PQ's will contain 1000 caches instead of 500. :rolleyes:

1000 caches in PQ?! Wow, at this rate I'll never make it into the Penasquitos Canyon Hall of Fame.

That would be Pocket Queries for Garmin GPSrs. I just saw it on the Garmin update page. Not caches in PQ Canyon...

PQGT

Nah, just a joke. I know there are only 999 caches in Penasquitos Canyon. ;)

Wildflower beauty is on display on the way to one of San Diego's oldest caches, "Lake Loot" (GC578 -- yes, that's not a typo: 578). At least if you go in from above, at Lakeview Park. White, red, blue, yellow, orange, and purple little blooms all along the way. If you've been waiting to snag one of the area's oldest (yet easiest to get to) caches, this weekend is the time! Oh, wabbits and hummingbirds, too!

I found Lake Loot in August 2001! It was the second ever I found! The first was Lake Loot II but that has been wiped from the database! I was with the Thirsty Ladies when they found it just recently! The lake looks Just as beautiful now as it did back then!l

I saw y'all's signatures in the log when I was there checking up on the cache today. It was one of my introductions to San Diego caching when I first moved here -- I did a lot of newbie-style bushwhacking. It helped this former math major learn a new geometry lesson: "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line EXCEPT IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA."

Too bad you have to actually look at the cache page before you put them on your ignore list. Some of the caches I can tell without even looking that they are going to end up on my ignore list. Just a random thought that was passing through my mind and I thought I would share it.

Too bad you have to actually look at the cache page before you put them on your ignore list. Some of the caches I can tell without even looking that they are going to end up on my ignore list. Just a random thought that was passing through my mind and I thought I would share it.
Lostguy, we like the same kinds of caches. So I wish I could click a button to add your ignore list to mine. It would speed up the process... :o

It's amazing how caching has changed over the years. For example, when I started caching I honestly thought it was amazing that some people had found 400 caches! I found 50 caches in my first 3 months and I went hiking almost every weekend. So 400 was an incredible number to me. I had most of the Escondido and Poway area cleared out by that summer. So I took a break during the hot summer months. I met RocketMan the following spring on a Dan-Oh cache that we both got stumped on. Remember those? :o Anyhow, I still remember when we found our first LPC up in Temecula. We almost didn't find it! ;):blink:

Lostguy, we like the same kinds of caches. So I wish I could click a button to add your ignore list to mine. It would speed up the process... ;)

It's amazing how caching has changed over the years. For example, when I started caching I honestly thought it was amazing that some people had found 400 caches! I found 50 caches in my first 3 months and I went hiking almost every weekend. So 400 was an incredible number to me. I had most of the Escondido and Poway area cleared out by that summer. So I took a break during the hot summer months. I met RocketMan the following spring on a Dan-Oh cache that we both got stumped on. Remember those? B) Anyhow, I still remember when we found our first LPC up in Temecula. We almost didn't find it! :lol::)

;) yeah...but you probably remember bread at 27 cents and a bottle of coke for a nickel too....Hi Pat!

Lostguy, we like the same kinds of caches. So I wish I could click a button to add your ignore list to mine. It would speed up the process... ;)

It's amazing how caching has changed over the years. For example, when I started caching I honestly thought it was amazing that some people had found 400 caches! I found 50 caches in my first 3 months and I went hiking almost every weekend. So 400 was an incredible number to me. I had most of the Escondido and Poway area cleared out by that summer. So I took a break during the hot summer months. I met RocketMan the following spring on a Dan-Oh cache that we both got stumped on. Remember those? B) Anyhow, I still remember when we found our first LPC up in Temecula. We almost didn't find it! :lol::)

;) yeah...but you probably remember bread at 27 cents and a bottle of coke for a nickel too....Hi Pat!

Twice as much for a nickel too,

Pepsi Cola is the drink for you!

Hi John and Jodi! I don't remember how much bread was but I do remember when money was called "bread." B)

Heck I'm so old I can remember gas at $0.17/gal and haircuts at $0.25. I remember once when my dad filled up the Mercury on old 80 right near the Sand Dunes. They had those glass topped pumps and while the old lady that owned the place went inside to get change for a $10 my dad refilled the pump. She came out and was furious and almost didn't give him back his change. The big argument was because she said you only filled it halfway and the sun did the rest. GFETE On a more modern note while I was working on I-10 near Blythe The big Truck stop raised all of their tanks to a foot below ground and when you pump gas you can feel the heat. When their gas is delivered there is a temp/volume adjustment but not when you purchase it. Just another little perk for them.

Heck I'm so old I can remember gas at $0.17/gal and haircuts at $0.25. I remember once when my dad filled up the Mercury on old 80 right near the Sand Dunes. They had those glass topped pumps and while the old lady that owned the place went inside to get change for a $10 my dad refilled the pump. She came out and was furious and almost didn't give him back his change. The big argument was because she said you only filled it halfway and the sun did the rest. GFETE On a more modern note while I was working on I-10 near Blythe The big Truck stop raised all of their tanks to a foot below ground and when you pump gas you can feel the heat. When their gas is delivered there is a temp/volume adjustment but not when you purchase it. Just another little perk for them.

By cracky, back when I was a boy money hadn't been invented.

You could get a tank of gas for eleven eggs 'cause a dozen eggs

hadn't been invented either. ... back when I was a boy.

If y' want to see one of those old-timey US-80 gas stations just

walk up over the saddle south of Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache

No. 10. By cracky ....

Edited by SD Rowdies

No. 10. By cracky ....

You guys remind me of Grandpa Simpson,

"Like the time I took the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones."

No. 10. By cracky ....

"Like the time I took the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones."

You just can't get this kinda good stuff on Facebook. Hail, back when I was a

boy books hadn't even been invented. See whut I'm sayin'?

Two oopses? Whut th' hail's wrong wit' you boy?

Grampa Simpson knew what he was a talkin' about ... back when i was a boy

during the BIG WAR we had t' eat horse meat on account of rationing. One

thang f'r shore, horse meat and yeller onions just don't go t'gether, by cracky.

Back when I was a boy eatin' horse meat, shoot, that's when the word "Ptui!"

was invented. Thank about it, who th' hail wants t' eat ol' Dobin?

dcd051ab-ff46-478a-8bb1-d4d72e38626b.jpg

Not me by cracky!

Edited by SD Rowdies

No. 10. By cracky ....

thang f'r shore, horse meat and yeller onions just don't go t'gether, by cracky.

Not me by cracky!

:laughing:

No. 10. By cracky ....

Not me by cracky!

;)

what happens when you eat horse meat and yeller onions boy howdy...

defd6abe-fe73-4faf-b277-ca9aa39b0b52.jpg

No. 10. By cracky ....

Not me by cracky!

;)

What happens when you eat horse meat and yeller onions boy howdy...

Touché la pussy cat!

How th' hail did you get aholt of my passport pi'ture?

Note to Self: Watch yourse'f boy, she knows more about Photoshop than I reckoned.

Edited by SD Rowdies

No. 10. By cracky ....

Well, I'm not as old as any of you guys but I am old enough to have been writing software back when they didn't have any fancy programming languages. Nope, everything we did was just 1's and 0's. Except that the company I worked for was too cheap to buy any 0's. We had to use the letter 'O' as instead...

In keeping with the current theme, we came up with an exercise program for those of you who are over 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides. Hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags, and then eventually, try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(Bobby is at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag

In keeping with the current theme, we came up with an exercise program for those of you who are over 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides. Hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Then try 50-lb potato bags, and then eventually, try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

;)

;)

Mashed or baked?

No. 10. By cracky ....

Not me by cracky!

B)

What happens when you eat horse meat and yeller onions boy howdy...

Touché la pussy cat!

How th' hail did you get aholt of my passport pi'ture?

Note to Self: Watch yourse'f boy, she knows more about Photoshop than I reckoned.

:PPtui~I only have an old 'Paint' program to manipulate my photos which takes a long time~you're worth it ol' pal ;)

B)Ptui~I only have an old 'Paint' program to manipulate my photos which takes a long time~you're worth it ol' pal :P

Didn't Harmon have a horse named "Old Paint"?

Denise,

Actually I do recall that you use Paint for image editing.

Just thought it would give you a fancier air by crediting

your skills to Photoshop to offset the fact that you live

in Lakeside, you know, somewhat.

Of course I'm one friend that knows for certain how

much effort goes into image edting and I'm delighted

when somebody aims their editiing software at me.

It might surprise you to know that I like to be noticed

so thank y' very much for doing so pal.

Once in a while I have to take a break from picking

on Janie so's she cools down a bit. Luckily she's old

enough now to retain memories only for short spells.

James,

Last horse I rode on a regular basis was ol' Happy at

Sandy Creek Ranch. Happy was a fat and lazy old

Missouri Walker that seeemed to suit me for some

reason that I haven't yet figured out.

b2a97c17-9c7c-4879-bdc2-95a16945fe99.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

Crews battle fire north of Santee Lakes

By Michele Clock, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 12:02 p.m.

SANTEE — Firefighters were battling a blaze north of Santee Lakes in

Santee just before noon Saturday.

The fire is about 50 to 60 acres. It is north of a water treatment plant

at Santee Lakes in an undeveloped portion of the city. Helicopters and

numerous crews are using water from Santee Lakes to fight the blaze.

The fire is moving at a slow speed, according to authorities.

Sycamore Canyon Hall of Fame might be getting easier to accomplish.

Edited by SD Rowdies

:laughing:I just wanted to take the time to say how much I appreciate our two local approvers: Marco and Kosh . I placed 3 caches yesterday and they still haven't been approved today...24 hours later. This is what gc.com says is normal. The SoCal geocaching community is so spoiled by having such amazing reviewers. We are used to almost instantaneous approval and we have become spoiled and unappreciative ( ok..at least I have) I was lamenting to John last night and he reminded me "They have real lives Jodi". OMG! The light came on and I just want to take the time to say thanks!

Thank you Marco and Kosh!

Edited by jahoadi and john

:laughing:I just wanted to take the time to say how much I appreciate our two local approvers: Marco and Kosh . I placed 3 caches yesterday and they still haven't been approved today...24 hours later. This is what gc.com says is normal. The SoCal geocaching community is so spoiled by having such amazing reviewers. We are used to almost instantaneous approval and we have become spoiled and unappreciative ( ok..at least I have) I was lamenting to John last night and he reminded me "They have real lives Jodi". OMG! The light came on and I just want to take the time to say thanks!

Second the motion ... even that Commie Pinko reviewer guy

is appreciated, you know, except when he makes me move

yet-another hide on account of some danged puzzle-cache.

I think MR might have been a bit busy cleaning up a Klondike bar mess on San Jacinto... :laughing:

http://www.justsilence.com/SanteeFire/SanteeFire.htm

These pictures are from the santee fire. From where these pictures are we probably lost a LOT of caches. We will be out there soon replacing our caches.

Thanks for posting those. I had considered going out there yesterday but it's just as well that I didn't under the circumstances...

With regards to the last photo, that looks to me -- at least from the photo -- as if it was (before it burned) one of those straw erosion control rolls...

I think MR might have been a bit busy cleaning up a Klondike bar mess on San Jacinto... :laughing:

From what I've heard about Marko, I'm not sure he has a real life...

He has never lost a travel bug.

When it is raining, it is because he is sad.

The LEOs often question him, just because they find him interesting.

On every continent in the world, there is a cache named after him.

If he disagrees with you, it is because you're wrong.

If he were to give you directions, you would be the FTF 10 minutes before Doug.

He is...the most interesting cache reviewer in the world...

MR: "Keep caching, my friends..."

:rolleyes:I just wanted to take the time to say how much I appreciate our two local approvers: Marco and Kosh . I placed 3 caches yesterday and they still haven't been approved today...24 hours later. This is what gc.com says is normal. The SoCal geocaching community is so spoiled by having such amazing reviewers. We are used to almost instantaneous approval and we have become spoiled and unappreciative ( ok..at least I have) I was lamenting to John last night and he reminded me "They have real lives Jodi". OMG! The light came on and I just want to take the time to say thanks!

I think MR might have been a bit busy cleaning up a Klondike bar mess on San Jacinto... :lol:

From what I've heard about Marko, I'm not sure he has a real life...

He has never lost a travel bug.

When it is raining, it is because he is sad.

The LEOs often question him, just because they find him interesting.

On every continent in the world, there is a cache named after him.

If he disagrees with you, it is because you're wrong.

If he were to give you directions, you would be the FTF 10 minutes before Doug.

He is...the most interesting cache reviewer in the world...

MR: "Keep caching, my friends..."

MR: "I don't always review SoCal, but when I do I prefer San Diego..."

http://www.justsilence.com/SanteeFire/SanteeFire.htm

These pictures are from the santee fire. From where these pictures are we probably lost a LOT of caches. We will be out there soon replacing our caches.

Thanks for posting those. I had considered going out there yesterday but it's just as well that I didn't under the circumstances...

With regards to the last photo, that looks to me -- at least from the photo -- as if it was (before it burned) one of those straw erosion control rolls...

We went and checked on the area. Its all the way out the more by the Navy Base Line. Santee dumpside is fine.

:DI just wanted to take the time to say how much I appreciate our two local approvers: Marco and Kosh . I placed 3 caches yesterday and they still haven't been approved today...24 hours later. This is what gc.com says is normal. The SoCal geocaching community is so spoiled by having such amazing reviewers. We are used to almost instantaneous approval and we have become spoiled and unappreciative ( ok..at least I have) I was lamenting to John last night and he reminded me "They have real lives Jodi". OMG! The light came on and I just want to take the time to say thanks!

I think MR might have been a bit busy cleaning up a Klondike bar mess on San Jacinto... :unsure:

:grin::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::laughing: Luv2Barf :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yeah, and I think MR stepped on a frog that night too. Luckily it wasn't signal!

:lol:I just wanted to take the time to say how much I appreciate our two local approvers: Marco and Kosh . I placed 3 caches yesterday and they still haven't been approved today...24 hours later. This is what gc.com says is normal. The SoCal geocaching community is so spoiled by having such amazing reviewers. We are used to almost instantaneous approval and we have become spoiled and unappreciative ( ok..at least I have) I was lamenting to John last night and he reminded me "They have real lives Jodi". OMG! The light came on and I just want to take the time to say thanks!

Thank you Marco and Kosh

Our 'porch lights' are on also, and a GINORMOUS THANKS to both Kosh and Marco !

Nobody, and we mean NOBODY, has reviewers as awesome as we do. We are so spoiled in our area with 'instantaneous' approvals as the norm. They approve them from the 'field' as well as on vacation for us!

We are all so lucky and fortunate to have 'our guys'..........

That being said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we placed this cache that might a just a leetle too close to another one......LOL

Thanks!

The Splashes :grin::lol:

This could only happen to Flagman. His log for Geowoodstock VIII

Well, the journey to attend this awesome event started out with some considerable excitement for me... I arrived at the airport in San Diego and pushed my jam-packed green duffle bag through the x-ray machine at the security checkpoint without a seconds thought. At the other end, the kind TSA officer politely asked me if he could look inside. "Of course," I answered. So he proceeds to pull things out one but one, and eventually gets to my small backpack loaded with my swag bag -- nothing to worry about here, right?!? WRONG!!! He was actually looking for a small pocket knife that I had only half forgotten was in there. Yeah, I could afford to lose it -- no biggie, right? Well, what I had TOTALLY forgotten about was the two live rounds of rifle ammunition that I had removed from a cache a couple months ago!! OMG, the expression on my face when he found those two bullets was a mixture of astonishment and pure panic!!! A life in some terrorist prison flashed through my head. I quickly went into massive apology mode, and began to explain Geocaching and how I had found these rounds in a cache and removed them for safety reasons. Of course there was plenty of evidence to convict me of being a cacher -- my swag bag was loaded with ziplock baggies full of bison tubes, altoids tins covered with cammo duct tape, and all sorts of other tricks and tokens. Unfortunately, these same items didn't really help much to divert suspicion of my terrorist activities. I started imaging how the TSA officer must have been putting two and two together. The bison tubes were probably filled with compressed gas to be used in some fashion to build a makeshift rifle on the airplane. The mirrors, zip ties, and all other TOTTs could be fashioned into any number of weapons, right?!? It was just going to be impossible to explain. Well, somehow I did explain. And explain, and explain and explain. By the time it was all done, I had explained at least four times to four different LEOs. I think the packet of official looking Geocaching business cards explaining the sport helped alot. Anyhoo, they finally asked me to abandon the ammunition and let me off without any sort of citation. And off I went into the wild blue yonder with a great story to tell and a little more adrenaline than I probably needed for this routine flight to Seattle.Thanks to all who organized this event!!! We had a blast over the course of the last three days throughout the city and at the event, itself. Can't wait for Philly!!!

:anicute::lol::):o

Well, the journey to attend this awesome event started out with some considerable excitement for me... I arrived at the airport in San Diego and pushed my jam-packed green duffle bag through the x-ray machine at the security checkpoint without a seconds thought. At the other end, the kind TSA officer politely asked me if he could look inside. "Of course," I answered. So he proceeds to pull things out one but one, and eventually gets to my small backpack loaded with my swag bag -- nothing to worry about here, right?!? WRONG!!! He was actually looking for a small pocket knife that I had only half forgotten was in there. Yeah, I could afford to lose it -- no biggie, right? Well, what I had TOTALLY forgotten about was the two live rounds of rifle ammunition that I had removed from a cache a couple months ago!! OMG, the expression on my face when he found those two bullets was a mixture of astonishment and pure panic!!! A life in some terrorist prison flashed through my head. I quickly went into massive apology mode, and began to explain Geocaching and how I had found these rounds in a cache and removed them for safety reasons. Of course there was plenty of evidence to convict me of being a cacher -- my swag bag was loaded with ziplock baggies full of bison tubes, altoids tins covered with cammo duct tape, and all sorts of other tricks and tokens. Unfortunately, these same items didn't really help much to divert suspicion of my terrorist activities. I started imaging how the TSA officer must have been putting two and two together. The bison tubes were probably filled with compressed gas to be used in some fashion to build a makeshift rifle on the airplane. The mirrors, zip ties, and all other TOTTs could be fashioned into any number of weapons, right?!? It was just going to be impossible to explain. Well, somehow I did explain. And explain, and explain and explain. By the time it was all done, I had explained at least four times to four different LEOs. I think the packet of official looking Geocaching business cards explaining the sport helped alot. Anyhoo, they finally asked me to abandon the ammunition and let me off without any sort of citation. And off I went into the wild blue yonder with a great story to tell and a little more adrenaline than I probably needed for this routine flight to Seattle.Thanks to all who organized this event!!! We had a blast over the course of the last three days throughout the city and at the event, itself. Can't wait for Philly!!!

My hero ... attaboy Tom.

My hero ... attaboy Tom.

Just think of what would of happened if he had that Commie Pinko Reviewer with him. He'd never of seen the light of day. :ph34r::drama::o

Hey there,

I've just recently discovered the concept of Geocaching and I must say I am hooked already.

I'm thinking of venturing down into Balboa Park in a bit to begin picking up some of the dozen(s) of geocaches there. If anyone would like to join me (new or experienced) feel free to e-mail me and we'll sort out the details on the fly.

RSHastingsIV@gmail.com

(That address goes straight to my phone, so don't worry if I'm already at the park)

~Robert

PS: Looking forward to meeting this impressive community.

My hero ... attaboy Tom.

Just think of what would of happened if he had that Commie Pinko Reviewer with him. He'd never of seen the light of day. :ph34r::drama::o

Hmm, that Commie Pinko Reviewer guy incarcerated and placed at

R. J. Donovan, there's a thought. Wonder how he would like cactus

gardening and life in a cell block? Maybe he could work his way into

the Ad-Seg block and then I could get even with him for all of the

rejections he's handed me. Yeah, gimme one shot at him with the

HyrdoForce pepper-spray water cannon, that's all I ask.

After all, I am a crack-shot with that cannon ... forty installations

statewide and only once did I shoot Carpenter from Hell in the back

during final-test at Wasco. Good gosh, he cried like a baby for twelve

hours until his skivvy-shorts dried out.

Of course he didn't dare pee until he changed his skivvies. Hee-hee.

Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end ... la-la,

la, la, la, la, la, la.

a9f5fa1e-2b60-4a9d-bad9-3a7860fa9fe8.jpg

Commie Pinko Reviewer Guy

Edited by SD Rowdies

If you upload a cache either singly or in a PQ, is there any reason for the coords shown on the GPS to be different than the coords on the website cache page? I have an Oregon where the cache pages are loaded to the unit. I did a puzzle cache where you were supposed to enter the published coords and the cache would open. When I entered the coords off the cache page on the GPSr, the cache wouldn't open so I assumed the cache was not functioning properly. I wrote the cache owner and he asked what coords I entered. I looked up the coords on the Oregon and then looked at the cache page on the website out of curiousity to see if they were the same and saw that it was one digit off - 645 on the GPSr and 644 on the website. How does this happen? The cache owner denied my request to log it as a found because the numbers were different. Supposedly, he had not updated the coords since I uploaded. I'm baffled! Help!!

Sorry if I asked this on the wrong thread.

If you upload a cache either singly or in a PQ, is there any reason for the coords shown on the GPS to be different than the coords on the website cache page? I have an Oregon where the cache pages are loaded to the unit. I did a puzzle cache where you were supposed to enter the published coords and the cache would open. When I entered the coords off the cache page on the GPSr, the cache wouldn't open so I assumed the cache was not functioning properly. I wrote the cache owner and he asked what coords I entered. I looked up the coords on the Oregon and then looked at the cache page on the website out of curiousity to see if they were the same and saw that it was one digit off - 645 on the GPSr and 644 on the website. How does this happen? The cache owner denied my request to log it as a found because the numbers were different. Supposedly, he had not updated the coords since I uploaded. I'm baffled! Help!!

Didn't your muggle husband give you that GPSr? I'll bet he rigged it to drive you crazy... :anibad:

I've observed this on occasion. Usually it is not an issue since your search radius is larger than a thousandth of a minute. But occasionally, it is a problem. As you have experienced.

There could be several things going on and I haven't narrowed the culprit down, but I suspect that the problem is a accumulation of error in handling coordinate conversions.

Here, for example, is how coordinates look when you downloaded them from geocaching.com (in a GPX file):

<wpt lat="34.053417" lon="-112.144667">

(This is cache I found in Arizona on my road trip a couple weeks ago...)

Note that it's not in the decimal minutes form that we are all used to when we read the cache page. It's in decimal degrees. Somewhere under the hood, the coords displayed on the website are converted when they go into the GPX file. And they get converted again (back into decimal minutes) when the GPX file is downloaded into the Oregon. But a problem can occur because sometimes the conversion from one form to another isn't perfect. If this happens, the last digit will be rounded up or down.

And then, when the next conversion happens, again, it also isn't perfect. But instead of the number being rounded the opposite way as before (which would restore the correct value), it gets rounded the same way and instead of getting 644, you get 645 in your GPSr.

As for the cache owner, anyone who refuses the honor the find based on a difference of a thousandth of a minute is...well, probably better if I didn't say what I think of him or her.

Perhaps you can ask Marko to have some of his Lithuanian buddies to lean on him/her...

Didn't your muggle husband give you that GPSr? I'll bet he rigged it to drive you crazy... :anibad:

See what I've been saying about that Commie Pinko Reviewer guy?

Look at his steely eyes, you can see right through them into his hard-hearted self.

Didn't your muggle husband give you that GPSr? I'll bet he rigged it to drive you crazy... :signalviolin:

See what I've been saying about that Commie Pinko Reviewer guy?

Look at his steely eyes, you can see right through them into his hard-hearted self.

Yeah, a real cold-hearted bastard for sure... I found this old picture of of a very young Marko in the Lithuanian archives...

f138c428-f3cb-496b-aa12-31033015acad.jpg