The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

I was talking to my mom tonight, and heard Jim challenged her concerning four-wheel-drive vehicles. I would have thought you had learnt the error in this path after the Szar Foyo fiasco.

Now, having seen what has been written here, I know Harmon has weighed in, and Cinnamon Rolls / PUD cake have been laid on the line. You know the power of the cinnamon roll! The PUD cake, while less powerful, is still a danger.

She summoned 11 others just to prove you wrong concerning Szar Foyo ... just think what she'll be liable to do on a second challenge.

Proof positive ... Barrie in the Squeeze!

That should settle this matter.

By the way, Kwver, thanks for taking the heat off of

me for a while.

Harmon,

I can't stop smiling! Once again, you've gone the extra mile to help me settle this matter. Thank you so much for watching my back, ol' buddy! I owe ya a PUD cake!

Barrie

aka: boysnbarrie

Barrie,

The thing is that I hate to see you spending time messing around

at the Squeeze when your time can be better spent baking PUD

cakes.

A person of average intelligence can see that baking a PUD cake

is far less likely to bang up a perfectly good schoolbus as opposed

to squeezing it. ... the schoolbus that is.

Comes down to this ... once you drive your 4WD rig through the

Squeeze, what have y' got to show for it? I'll tell y' what you've

got, just another picture of a 4WD vehicle in the Squeeze. Shoot,

if y' want a picture of your 4WD vehicle in the Squeeze ... just let

me know and I'll 'shop it for y'. Duh.

Yeah-yeah, I know ... the fun is in the doing it with a gang of

good friends. Either way, life is good.

Harmon

I greatly appreciate your sage wisdom, Harmon ... so much so, that I decided I needed to think this whole thing over a bit more. It is true that baking PUD cakes is far less likely to cause body damage to vehicles - point taken. I agree with you. Where I tend to disagree, my dear friend, is the point you made re: "what have y' got to show for it?" Hmmm. It wouldn't be a picture that I'm after, that's for sure. No, it's something much bigger than that. I've struggled with self doubt most of my life. I'm not sure why, or how, but geocaching has played a huge role in changing the way I look at myself in terms of skills and abilities. I doubt myself far less now than I did just a few years ago. I want to try new things. My fearful tendencies are no longer at the forefront of my thoughts. I'm much more open to experiencing adventure now. So, you see ... I've been working at putting self doubt behind me; the last thing I need is for one of my friends to suggest I'm not capable of doing something. Ten years ago, I probably would have said to myself, "Yeah, he's right ... I probably can't drive a 4WD." But now? I immediately asked him if he was kidding ... he wasn't.

I've been asked by a few of my closest friends, "Just because he said that doesn't mean you have to prove him wrong, does it?" Well, I think if I didn't ... that self doubting would always be in the back of my mind, and I just can't allow that to happen. I may need to place a cache titled something like: "Open Mouth Insert Foot" or something along those lines. Any suggestions?

Barrie

Barrie dear,

Well said, you are on the right track and all of us are pulling for you.

The truth behind all of the kidding is that we are delighted with your

willingness to take on challenges. Putting a challenge on you is just

another way of showing that we believe that you are ready and will-

ing to meet any challenge.

On a personal level I truly appreciate the fact that you and other gals

can dish it out as well as take it. For some reason that I fail to under-

stand I seem to catch more flack from you Geocaching ladies than

most guys. Of course I don't mind that at all except that when I lie

upon my Self-absorbing pillow at night my tears get the hay all damp

and smelly.

So far my favorite story about you is that day up toward Otay Mountain

when I offered to explain how to identify poison oak to a group of you

ladies, and opened my presentation by saying "Barrie, if you will move

your right foot off of that plant there we can get started." That's the

moment when I gained deep respect for your truck-driving ability ...

'cause you sure knew how to express yourself long-haul style. Shi-ut!

Your pal,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

I was talking to my mom tonight, and heard Jim challenged her concerning four-wheel-drive vehicles. I would have thought you had learnt the error in this path after the Szar Foyo fiasco.

Now, having seen what has been written here, I know Harmon has weighed in, and Cinnamon Rolls / PUD cake have been laid on the line. You know the power of the cinnamon roll! The PUD cake, while less powerful, is still a danger.

She summoned 11 others just to prove you wrong concerning Szar Foyo ... just think what she'll be liable to do on a second challenge.

me for a while.

Harmon,

I can't stop smiling! Once again, you've gone the extra mile to help me settle this matter. Thank you so much for watching my back, ol' buddy! I owe ya a PUD cake!

Barrie

Barrie,

cakes.

Harmon

I greatly appreciate your sage wisdom, Harmon ... so much so, that I decided I needed to think this whole thing over a bit more. It is true that baking PUD cakes is far less likely to cause body damage to vehicles - point taken. I agree with you. Where I tend to disagree, my dear friend, is the point you made re: "what have y' got to show for it?" Hmmm. It wouldn't be a picture that I'm after, that's for sure. No, it's something much bigger than that. I've struggled with self doubt most of my life. I'm not sure why, or how, but geocaching has played a huge role in changing the way I look at myself in terms of skills and abilities. I doubt myself far less now than I did just a few years ago. I want to try new things. My fearful tendencies are no longer at the forefront of my thoughts. I'm much more open to experiencing adventure now. So, you see ... I've been working at putting self doubt behind me; the last thing I need is for one of my friends to suggest I'm not capable of doing something. Ten years ago, I probably would have said to myself, "Yeah, he's right ... I probably can't drive a 4WD." But now? I immediately asked him if he was kidding ... he wasn't.

I've been asked by a few of my closest friends, "Just because he said that doesn't mean you have to prove him wrong, does it?" Well, I think if I didn't ... that self doubting would always be in the back of my mind, and I just can't allow that to happen. I may need to place a cache titled something like: "Open Mouth Insert Foot" or something along those lines. Any suggestions?

Barrie

Barrie dear,

and smelly.

Your pal,

Harmon

Ahhh yes, memories of Otay Mountain ... I will never forget that day. What a great group of people, too! I think I had the best seat tho, mhmm. I do vaguely recall the poison oak lesson ... but from the deep recesses of my memory banks, I only remember being in awe of your teaching style as you schooled me on all I'd ever need to know about PO. Then of course there was the PUD cake, whipped cream, and ...

Woah! :blink: Is this some sort of subliminal message? Ohhh, I get it now!! YOU want hay for your pillow ... not an ol' PUD cake! :( No worries, ol' buddy! You've got my back, and I've got yours!

I'll call the Feed n' Grain!

Barrie

me for a while.

Harmon,

Barrie

Barrie,

cakes.

Harmon

Barrie

Barrie dear,

and smelly.

Your pal,

Harmon

Well Shut My Mouth!!!! I had no idea! The pictures say it all! You are Amazing! I am fully persuaded that you can do anything you put your mind too....You are Da Woman! Can I have some cinnamon rolls too?...but I must admit, it is hard to imagine you putting nuts on them...

me for a while.

Harmon,

Barrie

Barrie,

cakes.

Harmon

Barrie

Barrie dear,

and smelly.

Your pal,

Harmon

Well Shut My Mouth!!!! I had no idea! The pictures say it all! You are Amazing! I am fully persuaded that you can do anything you put your mind too....You are Da Woman! Can I have some cinnamon rolls too?...but I must admit, it is hard to imagine you putting nuts on them...

What?

58f8cadb-a9bb-41fa-a004-fdfdd0209c1d.jpg

Nuts on cinnamon buns you say?

What?

backpedal.gif

Literally, backpedaling means pedaling a bicycle in reverse so that you travel backwards. In a figurative sense, it means that after you have said something you wish you hadn't said, you begin to deny that you said it, or claim that you didn't really mean what you said, or claim that the other person misunderstood you, etc., etc.

Yes, there are indeed cinnamon rolls on the line now ... an order has been placed for a future date where my supporters will gather. I will revisit this matter with pictures of my achievement. If Mister Kwvers would like to issue me yet ANOTHER Certificate of Achievement following this occasion ... a cinnamon roll might find it's way into his future.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about Jodi and how she makes these incredible cache trails for dear ol' Harmon. I have a number of cache containers here, and now I think I know just what to do with them. Jodi, you've inspired me!

Cache #1 - Hush Your Mouth, AGAIN!

Cache #2 - I can't do WHAT?

Cache #3 - Are you SERIOUS?

Cache #4 - Open mouth ... insert foot

Cache #5 - YOU want a Cinnamon Roll? LOL!

etc., etc ...

Barrie

What?

backpedal.gif

Literally, backpedaling means pedaling a bicycle in reverse so that you travel backwards. In a figurative sense, it means that after you have said something you wish you hadn't said, you begin to deny that you said it, or claim that you didn't really mean what you said, or claim that the other person misunderstood you, etc., etc.

Yes, there are indeed cinnamon rolls on the line now ... an order has been placed for a future date where my supporters will gather. I will revisit this matter with pictures of my achievement. If Mister Kwvers would like to issue me yet ANOTHER Certificate of Achievement following this occasion ... a cinnamon roll might find it's way into his future.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about Jodi and how she makes these incredible cache trails for dear ol' Harmon. I have a number of cache containers here, and now I think I know just what to do with them. Jodi, you've inspired me!

etc., etc ...

Barrie

Guilty as charged..No defense..The tongue is an unruly member..who can tame it? Time to pay the piper!

What?

backpedal.gif

etc., etc ...

Barrie

:) Barrie...I have an idea...lets go in my 4WD with YOU driving and place this wonderful cache series.....

What?

backpedal.gif

etc., etc ...

Barrie

:) Barrie...I have an idea...lets go in my 4WD with YOU driving and place this wonderful cache series.....

Mrs. K said that she wants to go with you..She is serious...

What?

backpedal.gif

etc., etc ...

Barrie

O no! ... not Jodi and Barrie on the same mission, puh-lease.?

Might as well invite Janie while you're at it. My years are numbered and few.

Edited by SD Rowdies

What?

backpedal.gif

etc., etc ...

Barrie

O no! ... not Jodi and Barrie on the same mission, puh-lease.?

Might as well invite Janie while you're at it. My years are numbered and few.

:D E-mail sent.

Barrie

Ooowww,,,need any help? Need a witness or a "spotter"? Jodi...is your 4x4 yellow in color? I can make a CD of screaming kids if that helps.

Ps...I live close to the feed and grain too!

OMG! ... I'm getting a visual ... Jodi, Barrie, Janie, Denise, and gosh-knows

how many other vine-ripened babes out hiding Geocaches together. Now

there's what might become the ultimate power trail.

Sounds like a one-of-a-kind event that should have an accomplished photo-

grapher and Photohop professional along to document the occasion. I'll ask

around and see if I can locate a suitable and willing candidate to tag along

behind, not as a guy, but as the photographer in drag.

You go girls,

Harmon

What?

backpedal.gif

etc., etc ...

Barrie

Guilty as charged..No defense..The tongue is an unruly member..who can tame it? Time to pay the piper!

Ooowww,,,need any help? Need a witness or a "spotter"? Jodi...is your 4x4 yellow in color? I can make a CD of screaming kids if that helps.

You go girls,

Harmon

:anitongue: Sorry Harmon...we're gonna take YODA and TeamFatman...for when Barrie gets the FJ stuck...we're vine-ripened ladies, but we haven't lost our minds....now to think of a good open trail with lots of room for caches....???????

Edited by jahoadi and john

You go girls,

Harmon

:anitongue: Sorry Harmon...we're gonna take YODA and TeamFatman...for when Barrie gets the FJ stuck...we're vine-ripened ladies, but we haven't lost our minds....now to think of a good open trail with lots of room for caches....???????

O well, at least I begged.

Can't believe that Team Fatman aced me out. What I'll take away

from this gentle rejection is that vine-ripened ladies prefer Toy'

Trucks, rifles, and dead turkeys. Go figure, all this time I believed

that donut-eyes and paper-bag hats were irresistable.

In truth I'm glad that you are smart enough to see through my

repeated efforts to stir up trouble on these Forum threads.

Hmm, vine-ripened ladies placing caches from 4WD rigs .... that's

going to leave me and my poor ol' feet out of the finders crowd.

Sounds like a another case for my Self-absorbing pillow.

Boo-hoo,

Poor ol' Harmon

Note to Self: Could it be my brand of body-wash?

You go girls,

Harmon

:lol: Sorry Harmon...we're gonna take YODA and TeamFatman...for when Barrie gets the FJ stuck...we're vine-ripened ladies, but we haven't lost our minds....now to think of a good open trail with lots of room for caches....???????

Boo-hoo,

Poor ol' Harmon

If you promise not to tell the girls you can ride with me in YODA. :D;):D

You go girls,

Harmon

:lol: Sorry Harmon...we're gonna take YODA and TeamFatman...for when Barrie gets the FJ stuck...we're vine-ripened ladies, but we haven't lost our minds....now to think of a good open trail with lots of room for caches....???????

Boo-hoo,

Poor ol' Harmon

If you promise not to tell the girls you can ride with me in YODA. :D;):D

OMG! ... an offer I can't refuse. Of course I have no idea

what the secret plan is for the outing. Hmm, how much

will it cost me by the way? Hmm again, does this offer

include Beta-test privileges for new hides along the way?

Hmm again, will there be PUD cake? Just askin' ....

I suppose that Yoda has to run in cloaked mode so's the

gals don't have t' see you unless they need help. Not

saying that they will need help of course ... I would never

say or even imply such a thought. ... my leeps are sealed.

Think of it ... seventy-five years old and my ship has finally

come in. My gosh, Jodi and Barrie together as you always

wanted them.

Hootah!

Harmon

Note to Self: Wonder if I'll have t' shoot a turkey?

Edited by SD Rowdies
OK all you Numbers Ho's, start your 4x4 Engines!!! One of the new 500+ Power Trail Caches Near NV Border...

;)OMG :D I hope John hurries home soon.....

John who? Start loading the FJ! :lol:

We are so there! Do I really need to go to work! Mrs.K said she would go this week if someone wants to drive....

Can I go?

Sounds like a ROAD TRIP to us!!!

Anyone?

The Splashes :D:D

OK all you Numbers Ho's, start your 4x4 Engines!!! One of the new 500+ Power Trail Caches Near NV Border...

:)OMG :D I hope John hurries home soon.....

John who? Start loading the FJ! :P

We are so there! Do I really need to go to work! Mrs.K said she would go this week if someone wants to drive....

Can I go?

Anyone?

The Splashes <_<B)

wondering if camping is permitted along the roads...we think the series could be done in less than 30 continuous hours of power caching...Could be fun...Denice is sorta willing to go this week if somone wants to drive....We are busy next weekend...can't wait to get out there...nothin wrong with a good numbers trail...we have cached in the area of the trail and really liked it...may need to train for this one...

John who? Start loading the FJ! B)

Can I go?

Anyone?

The Splashes <_<B)

wondering if camping is permitted along the roads...we think the series could be done in less than 30 continuous hours of power caching...Could be fun...Denice is sorta willing to go this week if somone wants to drive....We are busy next weekend...can't wait to get out there...nothin wrong with a good numbers trail...we have cached in the area of the trail and really liked it...may need to train for this one...

I think they're done submitting them now, and the final count is somewhere around 525!! :P

John who? Start loading the FJ! B)

Can I go?

Anyone?

The Splashes <_<B)

I think they're done submitting them now, and the final count is somewhere around 525!! :P

I predict that a new 24 hour geocaching world record could be set along this series!

I think they're done submitting them now, and the final count is somewhere around 525!! <_<

I heard that this series was reviewed by Andrei Lysenko, another

commie pinko reviewer guy.

Lemme see ... if you find all of them at an average of 30-seconds each

then it will take you 262.5 hours straight or about eleven days without

meals, sleep, taking a pee, or even taking pictures of stuck and busted

Jeeps. Of course add a few days for the possibility of a few hard-to-find

hides ... and don't even think of the realistic average-time per find.

I don't want to find out that a bunch of you gang-banged the hides either,

the rule is that each and every one of you must hold each and every

container in your hand.

No cheating and no copy/past online log entries either. I suppose those

you-know-who characters from up north have already logged them by

proxy.

Gosh, too bad those hides aren't puzzle caches.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I think they're done submitting them now, and the final count is somewhere around 525!! :)

container in your hand.

proxy.

That must be OLD math. I grew up with the NEW math, and at a cache very 5 minutes it's still gonna take 2 days :D but if you can do 25 caches per hour it's just 21 hours straight! Easy! <_<

I think they're done submitting them now, and the final count is somewhere around 525!! :)

container in your hand.

proxy.

That must be OLD math. I grew up with the NEW math, and at a cache very 5 minutes it's still gonna take 2 days :D but if you can do 25 caches per hour it's just 21 hours straight! Easy! <_<

I'm so proud of you ... first response was right on the mark.

There's just no scaring people nowadays.

That must be OLD math.

Well, what did you expect? And apparently, his days are numbered (he said so himself earlier on this page...) I'm curious how the math works out for that...

Thang is that when a few of your fangers go numb then

that's as high as y' can count. Thanks for your support.

By the way, all the living are dying ... patiently.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Doesn't sound that fun to me. After about 50 or 100 it seems like it would get pretty boring. Am I the only one who doesn't find this appealing? I'm surprised at the quantity, too--I thought there were limits on power trails these days, anyway.

Personally, I'd go with some of my fun geo-buddies (not the boring ones) ... less chance of me boring them, right? I don't recall a time I've been bored geocaching, tho. Ya know that ol' saying about attitude ... "Life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it"? Well, I think of that ALOT when I'm out geocaching!

I've been out in that new power cache trail area, and I had a great time. The surroundings were beautiful, I thought. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

;) boysnbarrie

:)OMG :mad: I hope John hurries home soon.....

John who? Start loading the FJ! ;)

Can I go?

Anyone?

The Splashes ;):wub:

I think they're done submitting them now, and the final count is somewhere around 525!! :mad:

Absolutely! Road trip and tents. Sounds like a great weekend.

OK, who is coming up and when will you (they) be here?

Well, I live here so I am here all the time.

But I am curious to know when my SD buddies are gonna be here.

;) Awww, I wish I could head up there right now ... but alas, my calendar won't allow it :) . I bet it won't be long before some of my geo-buddies venture out that way. Hmmm, some of them do seem to like that element of surprise thing, tho ;) . Yeah, we're generally a pretty stealth group :) . Maybe if you offered to make 'em some cinnamon rolls they'd make a move on it quicker! That's how I usually gain interest in these parts, lol.

B) Just trying to be helpful,

Barrie

Ok, we just finished making 2 dozen cinnamon rolls. More on the way. (they will be gone by morning, so you better hurry)

Our bags are packed, we're ready to go... :anicute:

We have three rolls left and I am getting the munchies.

We..kwvers!..are looking forward to getting out there! beautiful area for sure! Power caching is such a workout for us! Hope to be out there before this month ends!

I am expecting more cinnamon rolls for the event up on the ET highway tomorrow.

Wondering if anyone knows of a place where we can park our little camper near Baker....water..electricity...showers....We did try to locate an apt....not too sure about the nearby motels...might need to rough it but sure would be nice to see Mrs.K happier after a day of power caching...