The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

I have sad news to report - the loss of another geodog. Bubba, BlondeHiLite's beloved Rottweiler had a tragic accident and passed away Friday. I had the pleasure of hiking with him, as did Ginger! and Mocha!; for a big boy, he had a mellow but confident disposition.

Rest in peace Bubba.

:P:lol::D:)B)B)B):(:(:(:(

I have sad news to report - the loss of another geodog. Bubba, BlondeHiLite's beloved Rottweiler had a tragic accident and passed away Friday. I had the pleasure of hiking with him, as did Ginger! and Mocha!; for a big boy, he had a mellow but confident disposition.

Rest in peace Bubba.

We are very sorry to hear this...Bubba was a great dog.

Rest in peace Bubba.

We are very sorry to hear this...Bubba was a great dog.

We feel your loss...so sorry...

Rest in peace Bubba.

:P We are so sorry. Bubba was so awesome. Another geo-dog that touched so many lives....Denise and Kurt ..thanks for sharing him with us.

Rest in peace Bubba.

:P We are so sorry. Bubba was so awesome. Another geo-dog that touched so many lives....Denise and Kurt ..thanks for sharing him with us.

I'm Stunned! RIP Bubba

We want to express our deepest sympathy for Carol and the girls of Yeshuas Girls for the loss of Harmony, of the Meet Harmony cache. Carol... we are so sorry. It is a great loss to the geocaching community and to our neighborhood.

Condolences to Carol and Denise. You are in our thoughts.

We want to express our deepest sympathy for Carol and the girls of Yeshuas Girls for the loss of Harmony, of the Meet Harmony cache. Carol... we are so sorry. It is a great loss to the geocaching community and to our neighborhood.

Condolences to Carol and Denise. You are in our thoughts.

I had the privelege of meeting Harmony on a few walks, the most recent with the Thirsty Ladies. I am very saddened to hear this - my condolences to the Yeshua family,

Michelle Ross

Hey Cachers! Tired of Skirt-lifters, but you still want the smiley? Well weep no more, bucko! The Ronco Cachematic™ is just what you've been looking for! Now while you can step into Walmart for your beer, bait and duct tape, the GPS guided Cachematic™ will automatically search out the cache, pop up that lampskirt, sign the log and return to your vehicle!

pipe_bomb_geochaching_geocache_midland_academy_sports1.jpg

I'm coming to San Diego in a few weeks and it would be great to meet up so you can show me what's new in SD caching! Have started a new thread to keep any plans in one place...

Return to SD thread

Cheers,

Dr B

It's been a long time since the infamous Dr B has been seen in these parts...

...here's a bit of a reminder for those who have forgotten (or never knew...)

6394dcda-8aac-4e5a-aea6-2b8fcc758838.jpg

<cue music>

I'm coming to San Diego in a few weeks and it would be great to meet up so you can show me what's new in SD caching! Have started a new thread to keep any plans in one place...

Return to SD thread

Cheers,

Dr B

It's been a long time since the infamous Dr B has been seen in these parts...

...here's a bit of a reminder for those who have forgotten (or never knew...)

6394dcda-8aac-4e5a-aea6-2b8fcc758838.jpg

<cue music>

Dun dedede daa, du du du dun dedede daa, du du du (etc)

See y'all on Tuesday then, if not before - drop me a line if you're free to go caching Monday or Tuesday, or reply in the SD cache events thread.....

Iron Mountain parking lot is now open.
Woo Hoo! No more parking on the shoulder!

Wooohooo! I've been watching the work so I'm glad to see that it finally open. It is much needed.

As good as it is, though, it won't completely solve the parking problem. On busy days, there will still be people parked along the road...

To be sure of getting a parking place on a Saturday or Sunday, either come early or come late. :)

Hi everyone!

I received a couple emails that showed concern, so I thought I would post this update for everyone.

I hope everyone is doing great. It has been a long time since I have been on the forum and my caching has been very minimal. Some of you have noticed that almost all of my caches were recently disabled. The caches are still in place, but some have DNF's. I would assume the DNF's are missing but I will check still check them. I will be archiving them as I re-collect my caches. Anyone that has hiked with me knows it will be slow going, so if you really need to still log a find -- you may want to consider sooner rather than later..

I am re-organizing. I need to buckle down on the exercise and getting back into wonderful game of caching. If you know me, then you know who much I love being out on the trail and jeepin too! I have been so busy with life that I neglect to get out.

Just wanted to let everyone know that everything is good and not to worry about Team Adelos. I am sure that someday we will torment everyone again. :lol:

Paul

Hi everyone!

I received a couple emails that showed concern, so I thought I would post this update for everyone.

I hope everyone is doing great. It has been a long time since I have been on the forum and my caching has been very minimal. Some of you have noticed that almost all of my caches were recently disabled. The caches are still in place, but some have DNF's. I would assume the DNF's are missing but I will check still check them. I will be archiving them as I re-collect my caches. Anyone that has hiked with me knows it will be slow going, so if you really need to still log a find -- you may want to consider sooner rather than later..

I am re-organizing. I need to buckle down on the exercise and getting back into wonderful game of caching. If you know me, then you know who much I love being out on the trail and jeepin too! I have been so busy with life that I neglect to get out.

Just wanted to let everyone know that everything is good and not to worry about Team Adelos. I am sure that someday we will torment everyone again. :lol:

Paul

Thanks, Paul!! I was a little worried!! Glad all is well, and hope to join up for a hike or Jeep run!!

Hi everyone!

Paul

Thanks, Paul!! I was a little worried!! Glad all is well, and hope to join up for a hike or Jeep run!!

I'm sorry to see you archiving your excellent puzzles! Some are really excellent and although they may not get visited often, I'm sure they could provide puzzling fun for future puzzlers... There are a half-dozen I haven't finished, maybe I'd better get them before it is too late!

Hi everyone!

Paul

I'm sorry to see you archiving your excellent puzzles! Some are really excellent and although they may not get visited often, I'm sure they could provide puzzling fun for future puzzlers... There are a half-dozen I haven't finished, maybe I'd better get them before it is too late!

So glad to hear that everything is OK, Paul. I was just about to e-mail you myself when I spotted this post. We sure have missed you lately!

I hope you'll reconsider archiving those puzzles - at least the ones that haven't been DNF'd. Some of us put a lot of work into solving them, and have just never gotten down your way to find them. I bet if you put a call out on the forums for someone to help you check on them, you'd get a bunch of volunteers! :D

Hi everyone!

Paul

So glad to hear that everything is OK, Paul. I was just about to e-mail you myself when I spotted this post. We sure have missed you lately!

I hope you'll reconsider archiving those puzzles - at least the ones that haven't been DNF'd. Some of us put a lot of work into solving them, and have just never gotten down your way to find them. I bet if you put a call out on the forums for someone to help you check on them, you'd get a bunch of volunteers! :D

I am planning on collecting most of them. If I find caches in great shap, those will probably stay -- no promises though. ;) I have a bunch of ideas, but I want to do some serious clean up/maintenance before I put anymore out there. :D

Paul

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that everything is good and not to worry about Team Adelos. I am sure that someday we will torment everyone again. ;)

Paul

I am planning on collecting most of them. If I find caches in great shap, those will probably stay -- no promises though. B) I have a bunch of ideas, but I want to do some serious clean up/maintenance before I put anymore out there. :D

Paul

Hey Paul!

Like everyone else, I was really concerned when I saw all the disabled caches, and I'm happy to hear everything is okay. Like Linda suggested, we'd be happy to volunteer to help maintain your caches. Some of them are true classics and we'd hate to see them go, including the ones we've already found. At least you're able to give folks the opportunity to find them before you pick them up :o

I guess we'll put your caches at the top of the list of ones to find, and if you need any help with cache maintenance, please let us know!

"I have a bunch of ideas" :lol: is a really scary thought!!! j/k

Hope to see ya soon,

Sue :D

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that everything is good and not to worry about Team Adelos. I am sure that someday we will torment everyone again. :)

Paul

I hope you'll reconsider archiving those puzzles - at least the ones that haven't been DNF'd. Some of us put a lot of work into solving them, and have just never gotten down your way to find them. I bet if you put a call out on the forums for someone to help you check on them, you'd get a bunch of volunteers! :)

I am planning on collecting most of them. If I find caches in great shap, those will probably stay -- no promises though. :D I have a bunch of ideas, but I want to do some serious clean up/maintenance before I put anymore out there. B)

Paul

Hey Paul!

Like everyone else, I was really concerned when I saw all the disabled caches, and I'm happy to hear everything is okay. Like Linda suggested, we'd be happy to volunteer to help maintain your caches. Some of them are true classics and we'd hate to see them go, including the ones we've already found. At least you're able to give folks the opportunity to find them before you pick them up :)

I guess we'll put your caches at the top of the list of ones to find, and if you need any help with cache maintenance, please let us know!

"I have a bunch of ideas" B) is a really scary thought!!! j/k

Hope to see ya soon,

Sue :)

TSUNAMI ADVISORY IN EFFECT! KWVE 107.9 FM http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/2010/02/27/7252...2/725245-12.pdf

19 minutes ago

Recently, I was minding my own business when a friend and fellow geocacher uttered these shocking words:

"Barrie, you can't drive a 4WD!"

:laughing: Hmmm, isn't this how a recent SMACKDOWN Event came about? Didn't it have something to do with a certain geocacher telling me I couldn't do Szar Foyo? (heavy sigh)

I'm not naming any names here or nuthin like that ... but the culprit is pictured in the photo below and is NOT wearing a pink hat.

73c36120-685d-4225-aec6-b2d444ae1df5.jpg

Nothing was said at the time about where, how, or under what conditions I wouldn't be able to drive a 4WD, so I think it might be time to prove someone wrong again.

boysnbarrie

Edited by boysnbarrie
Recently, I was minding my own business when a friend and fellow geocacher uttered these shocking words:

:laughing: Hmmm, isn't this how a recent SMACKDOWN Event came about? Didn't it have something to do with a certain geocacher telling me I couldn't do Szar Foyo? (heavy sigh)

I'm not naming any names here or nuthin like that ... but the culprit is pictured in the photo below and is NOT wearing a pink hat.

Nothing was said at the time about where, how, or under what conditions I wouldn't be able to drive a 4WD, so I think it might be time to prove someone wrong again.

boysnbarrie

The squeeze would prove them wrong. If you are up to it, that is. 000202C7.gif

boysnbarrie

Oh dear...as Eeyore wold say...Oh my,,,Oh dear....

Edited by kwvers!

boysnbarrie

The squeeze, eh? Hmmm, I don't know about this ... I don't think anyone should be squeezin' me while I'm driving, Skillet! Have you forgotten ... I'm a professional driver! No distracting! :laughing: Hey, you got a 4WD I can borrow for this latest challenge, Mister Skillet? Hmph, can you believe that silly guy is doubting my abilities AGAIN? Unbelievable, I say!

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

The squeeze, eh? Hmmm, I don't know about this ... I don't think anyone should be squeezin' me while I'm driving, Skillet! Have you forgotten ... I'm a professional driver! No distracting! :laughing: Hey, you got a 4WD I can borrow for this latest challenge, Mister Skillet? Hmph, can you believe that silly guy is doubting my abilities AGAIN? Unbelievable, I say!

boysnbarrie

Ok,So we are driving in her car Sunday afternoon and she runs over what possibly was a small piece of rubber in the road and it hits her undercarriage...What's that? she shreaks looking in the rear view mirror as she starts to slow down on the hightway..It's nothing...keep going Barrie and remembering the times we have bottomed out and heard rocks hit the bottom of our Jeep I utter..."You never could drive a 4WD". She becomes unglued and begins muttering something about how she can not believe I would say she couldn't do something...I suggested that she buy a Rubicon etc but she didn't go for that...I see...now she wants to borrow someone else's 4wd to prove that she can handle it...hmmm

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Ok,So we are driving in her car Sunday afternoon and she runs over what possibly was a small piece of rubber in the road and it hits her undercarriage...What's that? she shreaks looking in the rear view mirror as she starts to slow down on the hightway..It's nothing...keep going Barrie and remembering the times we have bottomed out and heard rocks hit the bottom of our Jeep I utter..."You never could drive a 4WD". She becomes unglued and begins muttering something about how she can not believe I would say she couldn't do something...I suggested that she buy a Rubicon etc but she didn't go for that...I see...now she wants to borrow someone else's 4wd to prove that she can handle it...hmmm

Close, but wrong ... she wants to prove you are wrong AGAIN, my dear friend.

Consider a portion of your last post:

March 1 by kwvers! (15179 found)

...Life brings us many opportunities to learn from our mistakes ...

Another opportunity is on the horizon!

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

You might mention to that doubting-James guy that I can submit

photographic evidence that shows you driving a tricked-out 4WD

vehicle over very rough terrain.

So what sort of 4WD photo would you like to be seen in?

Harm

p.s. So you're saying that you've never, ever been squeezed while

driving. Is that really true?

Edited by SD Rowdies

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Close, but wrong ... she wants to prove you are wrong AGAIN, my dear friend.

Consider a portion of your last post:

March 1 by kwvers! (15179 found)

...Life brings us many opportunities to learn from our mistakes ...

Another opportunity is on the horizon!

boysnbarrie

Penelope BnB

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

Harm

Harmon, ol' pal ...

I forgot about those pictures you took! Woah, I must be getting fergitful. Hmmm, I reckon any picture would be fine ... you are such a fine photographer with a keen eye for the perfect shot.

I need to skeedaddle off to my slumber now, but I know I can trust you ol' buddy! I am looking forward to seeing it in the morning.

Zzzzz,

Barrie

aka: boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

Harm

Harmon, ol' pal ...

I forgot about those pictures you took! Woah, I must be getting fergitful. Hmmm, I reckon any picture would be fine ... you are such a fine photographer with a keen eye for the perfect shot.

I need to skeedaddle off to my slumber now, but I know I can trust you ol' buddy! I am looking forward to seeing it in the morning.

Zzzzz,

Barrie

Barrie with Apollo 15 Lunar Rover.

The doubter with his sweet bride.

Edited by SD Rowdies

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

Those who doubt have obviously not been following these forums...here's a reminder of what you've missed:

bdcda5a2-7f59-4180-b021-377acb46fef8.jpg

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

Those who doubt have obviously not been following these forums...here's a reminder of what you've missed:

Words escape me ... I'm so moved by this outpouring of support. My phone has even been ringing with people offering their 4WD vehicles! This is just incredible!!

Thank you,

Barrie

PS - Harmon? I was wondering if you happened to catch a picture of who we were with during our trip to the moon ... I could have sworn you snapped another pic once he got more comfortable in his surroundings.

Edited by boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

Words escape me ... I'm so moved by this outpouring of support. My phone has even been ringing with people offering their 4WD vehicles! This is just incredible!!

Thank you,

Barrie

PS - Harmon? I was wondering if you happened to catch a picture of who we were with during our trip to the moon ... I could have sworn you snapped another pic once he got more comfortable in his surroundings.

Barrie dear,

Maybe it slipped your mind ... that EVA suit I was wearing

bunched my skivey-shorts so bad that I wasn't able to

concentrate on taking pictures so that's the only shot I

have of your moon rover ride.

Harmon

boysnbarrie

boysnbarrie

Barrie dear,

Thank you,

Barrie

Barrie dear,

Maybe it slipped your mind ... that EVA suit I was wearing

bunched my skivey-shorts so bad that I wasn't able to

concentrate on taking pictures so that's the only shot I

have of your moon rover ride.

Harmon

:laughing: In case you're interested in The Squeeze, see GCH3XT.

Edited by Chuck B

boysnbarrie

Yeah..........you could drive Skillets Explorer since he already has dents in it from the Squeeze!

-ette :laughing:

Thanks Chuck and Splashete! I checked out The Squeeze ... but it appears to be disabled. Hmmm, it looks like no one has been to this cache in 2+ years due to the rules at ABSP. Hmmm, I wonder if the hide might possibly still be there.

By the way ... I can't help but wonder if there are others out there who have been told (by said un-named individual) that they too cannot do <fill in the blank>. :laughing: Or am "I" the only one being picked on, and told what I can't do! I read all of the logs on the SQUEEZE hide, and lo and behold ... no "FOUND IT" log written by said un-named individual. :laughing: Ain't that interesting?

First things first, tho ... I need to arrange a 4WD cache outing with some geo-buddies who believe in me. Perhaps someone who loves PUD cake or CINNAMON ROLLS might be willing to give me a lesson in 4WD, I dunno. Let it be known that I am a professional driver with a Class B license, air brake and passenger endorsements. Um, I also passed a first aid test :laughing: . If I can drive a bus load of middle and high school teenagers with minimum difficulty ... do ya think I can manage a 4WD? Hmmm.

After the Original Smackdown Team conquered a certain challenge re:Szar Foyo at night ... said un-named individual wasn't quite the same afterwards. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed. Then ANOTHER group showed him up too! Poor guy. Hmmm, he did ask for it, tho, didn't he? Yep ... he sure did.

Barrie

I was talking to my mom tonight, and heard Jim challenged her concerning four-wheel-drive vehicles. I would have thought you had learnt the error in this path after the Szar Foyo fiasco.

Now, having seen what has been written here, I know Harmon has weighed in, and Cinnamon Rolls / PUD cake have been laid on the line. You know the power of the cinnamon roll! The PUD cake, while less powerful, is still a danger.

She summoned 11 others just to prove you wrong concerning Szar Foyo ... just think what she'll be liable to do on a second challenge.

I was talking to my mom tonight, and heard Jim challenged her concerning four-wheel-drive vehicles. I would have thought you had learnt the error in this path after the Szar Foyo fiasco.

Now, having seen what has been written here, I know Harmon has weighed in, and Cinnamon Rolls / PUD cake have been laid on the line. You know the power of the cinnamon roll! The PUD cake, while less powerful, is still a danger.

She summoned 11 others just to prove you wrong concerning Szar Foyo ... just think what she'll be liable to do on a second challenge.

Proof positive ... Barrie in the Squeeze!

That should settle this matter.

By the way, Kwver, thanks for taking the heat off of

me for a while.

me for a while.

Harmon,

I can't stop smiling! Once again, you've gone the extra mile to help me settle this matter. Thank you so much for watching my back, ol' buddy! I owe ya a PUD cake!

Barrie

Thanks Chuck and Splashete! I checked out The Squeeze ... but it appears to be disabled. Hmmm, it looks like no one has been to this cache in 2+ years due to the rules at ABSP. Hmmm, I wonder if the hide might possibly still be there.

By the way ... I can't help but wonder if there are others out there who have been told (by said un-named individual) that they too cannot do <fill in the blank>. :( Or am "I" the only one being picked on, and told what I can't do! I read all of the logs on the SQUEEZE hide, and lo and behold ... no "FOUND IT" log written by said un-named individual. :) Ain't that interesting?

First things first, tho ... I need to arrange a 4WD cache outing with some geo-buddies who believe in me. Perhaps someone who loves PUD cake or CINNAMON ROLLS might be willing to give me a lesson in 4WD, I dunno. Let it be known that I am a professional driver with a Class B license, air brake and passenger endorsements. Um, I also passed a first aid test :o . If I can drive a bus load of middle and high school teenagers with minimum difficulty ... do ya think I can manage a 4WD? Hmmm.

After the Original Smackdown Team conquered a certain challenge re:Szar Foyo at night ... said un-named individual wasn't quite the same afterwards. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed. Then ANOTHER group showed him up too! Poor guy. Hmmm, he did ask for it, tho, didn't he? Yep ... he sure did.

Barrie

If you really want a 4wd then come drive YODA. :D:D:D:anicute:

me for a while.

Harmon,

I can't stop smiling! Once again, you've gone the extra mile to help me settle this matter. Thank you so much for watching my back, ol' buddy! I owe ya a PUD cake!

Barrie

Barrie,

The thing is that I hate to see you spending time messing around

at the Squeeze when your time can be better spent baking PUD

cakes.

A person of average intelligence can see that baking a PUD cake

is far less likely to bang up a perfectly good schoolbus as opposed

to squeezing it. ... the schoolbus that is.

Comes down to this ... once you drive your 4WD rig through the

Squeeze, what have y' got to show for it? I'll tell y' what you've

got, just another picture of a 4WD vehicle in the Squeeze. Shoot,

if y' want a picture of your 4WD vehicle in the Squeeze ... just let

me know and I'll 'shop it for y'. Duh.

Yeah-yeah, I know ... the fun is in the doing it with a gang of

good friends. Either way, life is good.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

me for a while.

Harmon,

Barrie

Barrie,

The thing is that I hate to see you spending time messing around

at the Squeeze when your time can be better spent baking PUD

cakes.

A person of average intelligence can see that baking a PUD cake

is far less likely to bang up a perfectly good schoolbus as opposed

to squeezing it. ... the schoolbus that is.

Comes down to this ... once you drive your 4WD rig through the

Squeeze, what have y' got to show for it? I'll tell y' what you've

got, just another picture of a 4WD vehicle in the Squeeze. Shoot,

if y' want a picture of your 4WD vehicle in the Squeeze ... just let

me know and I'll 'shop it for y'. Duh.

Yeah-yeah, I know ... the fun is in the doing it with a gang of

good friends. Either way, life is good.

Harmon

I greatly appreciate your sage wisdom, Harmon ... so much so, that I decided I needed to think this whole thing over a bit more. It is true that baking PUD cakes is far less likely to cause body damage to vehicles - point taken. I agree with you. Where I tend to disagree, my dear friend, is the point you made re: "what have y' got to show for it?" Hmmm. It wouldn't be a picture that I'm after, that's for sure. No, it's something much bigger than that. I've struggled with self doubt most of my life. I'm not sure why, or how, but geocaching has played a huge role in changing the way I look at myself in terms of skills and abilities. I doubt myself far less now than I did just a few years ago. I want to try new things. My fearful tendencies are no longer at the forefront of my thoughts. I'm much more open to experiencing adventure now. So, you see ... I've been working at putting self doubt behind me; the last thing I need is for one of my friends to suggest I'm not capable of doing something. Ten years ago, I probably would have said to myself, "Yeah, he's right ... I probably can't drive a 4WD." But now? I immediately asked him if he was kidding ... he wasn't.

I've been asked by a few of my closest friends, "Just because he said that doesn't mean you have to prove him wrong, does it?" Well, I think if I didn't ... that self doubting would always be in the back of my mind, and I just can't allow that to happen. I may need to place a cache titled something like: "Open Mouth Insert Foot" or something along those lines. Any suggestions?

Barrie