The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hey all, looking for a good cache for my 100th. i live in east county. pm me with suggestions.

Welcome to geocaching! :D Here's a bookmark list of San Diego's favorites! SD Favorites Bookmark Lists

This is a good time to chime in and add that if anyone knows of a cache that is on 3 or more cacher's favorites or must-do lists, please let me know and I'll be happy to add it to the SD Favorites List! :(

Hey all, looking for a good cache for my 100th. i live in east county. pm me with suggestions.

Welcome to geocaching! :D Here's a bookmark list of San Diego's favorites! SD Favorites Bookmark Lists

This is a good time to chime in and add that if anyone knows of a cache that is on 3 or more cacher's favorites or must-do lists, please let me know and I'll be happy to add it to the SD Favorites List! :rolleyes:

This is a good time to encourage more people to create favorite lists! It isn't that much work, and people appreciate it when you list their cache. And the lists can be useful.

I made some assumptions from reading your profile and going through your finds.

-You can't drive too far as you are a student on a budget (no premium-member caches also).

-You prefer a terrain rating of 2 or below - which accounts for 99% of your finds.

After going through my favorite's bookmark list, I have two to offer.

This is not a Puzzle Cache and Yellow Bird.

If you are up for a hike, head up to Cowles Mtn on the Barker Trail - any cache up there will be fun.

Have fun!

I just completed GC1W7RA west, east?, west and GC1WD48 I HAVE A FRIEND IN SAN DIEGO, which are 2-state multi's. The initial location here is in the saddle between Cowles Mtn and Pyles Peak.

My partner in North Carolina is looking for 2 more San Diego cachers to pair up with his 2 friends out there to complete these caches.

email jratzlaf (JR) at jratzlaf@pisgah.us if interested.

Kind of new at this forum thing. This post was supposed to be here, not where it ended up. Anyways here goes again...

Hello San Diego! We dropped aPanda Bear TB into Heart of San Diego last night. It wants to visit the San Diego Zoo. If you happen to be going there, it would be great if you can bring this little fellow along. Just wanted to help it along in it's journey...

Randy Thunder 4 goes in wednsday for his kidney replacement.

I know he will be strong and everything will go smooth.

21 hours and counting down. :D

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

I'll post on the forums and on FB as soon as I am alert enough. That will probably be Thursday.

Thanks for all your calls and emails over the last few days. It really means a lot!

I'll post on the forums and on FB as soon as I am alert enough. That will probably be Thursday.

Thanks for all your calls and emails over the last few days. It really means a lot!

Prayers are with both you and your brother for tomorrow. I'll check in with you or your mom tomorrow evening.

Prayers are with both you and your brother for tomorrow. I'll check in with you or your mom tomorrow evening.

We'll all be thinking of you and waiting news of your progress! :D

21 hours and counting down. :)

Prayer%20being%20said%20for%20you.gif

I am looking forward to hearing how everything went. If you need some home-made soup once you get home, let me know; I'd be happy to bring you some.

boysnbarrie

... If you need some home-made soup once you get home, let me know; I'd be happy to bring you some.

boysnbarrie

What, no PUD cake?!?! I guess you only do that for Harmon!! :)

:D OhMyGoodness! These local geocachers sure are looking out for Thunder4! Of course I'd bring him PUD cake, if he wanted some that is. Not EVERYONE is a big fan of PUD tho. He might prefer some of my much loved and highly sought after Cinnamon Rolls. If I make those, tho, you'll have to look out for those Kwvers! They go kinda nuts around 'em. Yeah, kinda reminds me of that cartoon character Tasmanian Devil just watchin' them go at 'em! Yikes :D ! I wonder if I should bring some of those to the campout ... hmmm. :) Could get ugly, tho; maybe I better not.

2604141491_9a95b336e5_o.png

Whoops! I digress ... my point is that I would certainly bring a well rounded nutritious meal with some sort of a treat if he'd like. That's what friends are for, right FlagMan? What are you going to make, eh?

:) boysnbarrie

... If you need some home-made soup once you get home, let me know; I'd be happy to bring you some.

boysnbarrie

;) OhMyGoodness! These local geocachers sure are looking out for Thunder4! Of course I'd bring him PUD cake, if he wanted some that is. Not EVERYONE is a big fan of PUD tho. He might prefer some of my much loved and highly sought after Cinnamon Rolls. If I make those, tho, you'll have to look out for those Kwvers! They go kinda nuts around 'em. Yeah, kinda reminds me of that cartoon character Tasmanian Devil just watchin' them go at 'em! Yikes :D ! I wonder if I should bring some of those to the campout ... hmmm. :) Could get ugly, tho; maybe I better not.

Whoops! I digress ... my point is that I would certainly bring a well rounded nutritious meal with some sort of a treat if he'd like. That's what friends are for, right FlagMan? What are you going to make, eh?

I vote for cinnamon rolls!!!! :D

boysnbarrie

:P OhMyGoodness! These local geocachers sure are looking out for Thunder4! Of course I'd bring him PUD cake, if he wanted some that is. Not EVERYONE is a big fan of PUD tho. He might prefer some of my much loved and highly sought after Cinnamon Rolls. If I make those, tho, you'll have to look out for those Kwvers! They go kinda nuts around 'em. Yeah, kinda reminds me of that cartoon character Tasmanian Devil just watchin' them go at 'em! Yikes :o ! I wonder if I should bring some of those to the campout ... hmmm. :D Could get ugly, tho; maybe I better not.

:):(:):D:P WHOOOO :):(:D:D:P

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

DID SOMEONE SAY CINNAMON ROLLS !!!!!

I LIKE CINNAMON ROLLS !!!

I THINK I HAVE A NEW BEST FRIRND !!!

;) FATTBOY :unsure:

:P;):):):( WHOOOO :P:unsure::):):(

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

:D FATTBOY :D

Here is a nice big CINNAMON ROLL for you, FATBOY!

ENJOY!

:P boysnbarrie

Quick_CinnamonRolls.jpg

:o I think we need a breakfast event. Barrie could make cinnamon rolls, some-one could cook eggs and we could breakfast burritos....then we could all go hike 15 miles! :)

:P;):):):( WHOOOO :P:unsure::):D:(

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

ENJOY!

Quick_CinnamonRolls.jpg

:o I think we need a breakfast event. Barrie could make cinnamon rolls, some-one could cook eggs and we could breakfast burritos....then we could all go hike 15 miles! :)

Sounds good to me. I don't know if Boysnbarrie could make enough cinnamon rolls to satiate us all, though :P

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

ENJOY!

Quick_CinnamonRolls.jpg

Sounds good to me. I don't know if Boysnbarrie could make enough cinnamon rolls to satiate us all, though :P

Well, I can make quite a few! Problem is ... the kwvers! will need at least 8, and if someone messes that up it'll be BAD! I'd point the finger at uh ... let's see ... who'd be a good scapegoat? Hmmm.

(think, think, think)

boysnbarrie

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

CINNAMON ROLLS ???

ENJOY!

Quick_CinnamonRolls.jpg

Well, I can make quite a few! Problem is ... the kwvers! will need at least 8, and if someone messes that up it'll be BAD! I'd point the finger at uh ... let's see ... who'd be a good scapegoat? Hmmm.

(think, think, think)

boysnbarrie

Scapegoat! ... y'all are thinking about me huh?

Here's how it works, y' take two cinnamon rolls

and put a slice of PUD cake between 'em and

there y' have it ... a PUD-cake sandwich!

Bunch of amateurs.

A PUD sandwich will cure any old ailment you

know about, except maybe organ transplants.

Sure anxious to hear the good news about our

good buddy.

Hmm ... wonder if that photo of the cinnamon

roll is life-size?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Bunch of amateurs.

good buddy.

roll is life-size?

Woah, :blink: now I'm shocked! I NEVER thought the day would come when my ol' buddy Harmon would consider adulterating PUD. Now I'm wondering if he's alright :laughing: , maybe I should take him some soup, too! Are you SICK ol' buddy? Ya got yerself a FEVER? What ailment you got, Harmon?

Let me also say right here that I wasn't considering YOU for a scapegoat at all! Noooo, I was imagining someone else ...

boysnbarrie

76a5a1f4-c63f-497d-bd19-ff93b47ce4dd.jpg

Bunch of amateurs.

good buddy.

roll is life-size?

Woah, :surprise: now I'm shocked! I NEVER thought the day would come when my ol' buddy Harmon would consider adulterating PUD. Now I'm wondering if he's alright :D , maybe I should take him some soup, too! Are you SICK ol' buddy? Ya got yerself a FEVER? What ailment you got, Harmon?

Let me also say right here that I wasn't considering YOU for a scapegoat at all! Noooo, I was imagining someone else ...

boysnbarrie

:surprise::surprise::P:surprise::surprise:

LOOK'S LIKE THAT GUY NEED'S

A CINNAMON ROLL :laughing::blink:

:) FATTBOY :surprise:

Bunch of amateurs.

good buddy.

roll is life-size?

Woah, :surprise: now I'm shocked! I NEVER thought the day would come when my ol' buddy Harmon would consider adulterating PUD. Now I'm wondering if he's alright :D , maybe I should take him some soup, too! Are you SICK ol' buddy? Ya got yerself a FEVER? What ailment you got, Harmon?

boysnbarrie

:surprise::surprise::P:surprise::surprise:

LOOK'S LIKE THAT GUY NEED'S

A CINNAMON ROLL :laughing::blink:

:) FATTBOY :surprise:

OMG! ... that's some picture, now I've lost

my appetite; you know, except for PUD cake.

You have t' understand that I've had a rough life

... right from the start. Why the day I was born

they separated me from my mother. I was lost

until PUD cake came into my life.

Edited by SD Rowdies
58f8cadb-a9bb-41fa-a004-fdfdd0209c1d.jpg

Thanks alot, it took me days to get all of the frosting out of YODA plus the ants didn't help either :o:)

Well, the cinnamon roll DID look good earlier. :D

Well then ...

2f8d3fd3-738c-43f7-881f-f83a04457db6.jpg

Waddabout donuts?

:)

This is one heck of a dite !

I dont wont a cinnamon roll or a donut !

:laughing: GOING WITH OUT FATTBOY :D

:o

For those of you who may have no idea what a "dite" is:

dite

–noun British Dialect.

a bit (usually used in negative constructions): I don't care a dite.

Origin:

1905–10; reflecting regional pron. of doit, in the sense “trifle”

Cinnamon rolls by BnB...We are hoping that she will be riding to the big event with us...I have a special place for the cinnamon rolls..Can you guess where that will be? Of course, we may need to sample a few at varying temperatures..Hot.right out of the oven...warm enough to touch...cold but not to hard and almost stale(as if that could ever happen)..With and without icing and half a pan with nuts and the other without..Hope someone else gets a chance to sample BnB's cooking!

:o

For those of you who may have no idea what a "dite" is:

dite

–noun British Dialect.

a bit (usually used in negative constructions): I don't care a dite.

Origin:

1905–10; reflecting regional pron. of doit, in the sense “trifle”

Cinnamon rolls by BnB...We are hoping that she will be riding to the big event with us...I have a special place for the cinnamon rolls..Can you guess where that will be? Of course, we may need to sample a few at varying temperatures..Hot.right out of the oven...warm enough to touch...cold but not to hard and almost stale(as if that could ever happen)..With and without icing and half a pan with nuts and the other without..Hope someone else gets a chance to sample BnB's cooking!

Bwah-hah-hah! You'll be leaving your rock-pile unprotectd.

Edited by SD Rowdies

:anicute: Hmmm. It appears I'm already ALL OUT of cinnamon rolls. The batch only makes 24 ... the kwvers require 8 rolls a day ... the campout is Fri., Sat., and Sun. ... sooo yeah, :( looks like I won't get any either. Aw man! Well, I guess that's how it goes.

( Shhhh! Listen up. ;) Okay, geo-buddies ... THIS is where the aforementioned scapegoat comes into play. Shhhh. This mission is NOT impossible. Stealth is required here!! )

mission_impossible_mouse.jpg

[ Hmmm. It appears I'm already ALL OUT of cinnamon rolls. The batch only makes 24 ... the kwvers require 8 rolls a day ... the campout is Fri., Sat., and Sun. ... sooo yeah,

You are assuming the rest of the group will let Kwvers stay all 3 days after they eat the first day's supply of rolls, my bet would be the remaining 16 rolls are eaten during the tar and feather party Friday night

boysnbarrie

What, no PUD cake?!?! I guess you only do that for Harmon!! ;)

:P OhMyGoodness! These local geocachers sure are looking out for Thunder4! Of course I'd bring him PUD cake, if he wanted some that is. Not EVERYONE is a big fan of PUD tho. He might prefer some of my much loved and highly sought after Cinnamon Rolls. If I make those, tho, you'll have to look out for those Kwvers! They go kinda nuts around 'em. Yeah, kinda reminds me of that cartoon character Tasmanian Devil just watchin' them go at 'em! Yikes :o ! I wonder if I should bring some of those to the campout ... hmmm. :( Could get ugly, tho; maybe I better not.

:anicute: boysnbarrie

I vote for cinnamon rolls!!!! :)

Let's not forget ...

427e0d5b-d8b5-409b-819c-9168baab7a6b.jpg

Who it was that started voting for cinnamon rolls.

Edited by SD Rowdies

boysnbarrie

What, no PUD cake?!?! I guess you only do that for Harmon!! :rolleyes:

:P OhMyGoodness! These local geocachers sure are looking out for Thunder4! Of course I'd bring him PUD cake, if he wanted some that is. Not EVERYONE is a big fan of PUD tho. He might prefer some of my much loved and highly sought after Cinnamon Rolls. If I make those, tho, you'll have to look out for those Kwvers! They go kinda nuts around 'em. Yeah, kinda reminds me of that cartoon character Tasmanian Devil just watchin' them go at 'em! Yikes :o ! I wonder if I should bring some of those to the campout ... hmmm. :unsure: Could get ugly, tho; maybe I better not.

I vote for cinnamon rolls!!!! :wub:

Let's not forget ...

;):(:)GO KITTY CAT GO!!! :o:P:laughing:

(I was laughing so hard when I first saw this, I actually woke my son up, and he came to see what was going on!!! :P )

boysnbarrie

:P OhMyGoodness! These local geocachers sure are looking out for Thunder4! Of course I'd bring him PUD cake, if he wanted some that is. Not EVERYONE is a big fan of PUD tho. He might prefer some of my much loved and highly sought after Cinnamon Rolls. If I make those, tho, you'll have to look out for those Kwvers! They go kinda nuts around 'em. Yeah, kinda reminds me of that cartoon character Tasmanian Devil just watchin' them go at 'em! Yikes :o ! I wonder if I should bring some of those to the campout ... hmmm. :unsure: Could get ugly, tho; maybe I better not.

Let's not forget ...

(I was laughing so hard when I first saw this, I actually woke my son up, and he came to see what was going on!!! :P )

Now let me 'splain myself here ... I've been with happy women

and I've been with unhappy women; happy is better. So on my

own I would never, ever produce a photo that portrays a woman

in any way but lovely and refined; y'all know what I'm sayin', yes?

So the deal here is that I was being sweet-talked into doing that

MI-Kitty collage by somebody who's name shall remain anonymous,

you know, except to say that it just might have been a certain

person that pilots large conveyances for children. Not me, no

ma'am, I would never do such a hateful thang.

Besides, that certain person was urging me to go the distance and

paste a certain other person's countenance on th' kitty so's nobody

would be confused about whom th' pickee is. Y'all will be delighted

to know that, on principle, I had t' turned my back on PUD cake in

order to keep a certain pickee leanin' t'ward the sunny side of life.

Ain't that nice of me?

fbee7b2d-3b51-400c-9019-23d331f042d9.jpg

Shoot! ... how did that picture get here?

Anybody know how to delete a photo from a Forum post?

Edited by SD Rowdies

[ Hmmm. It appears I'm already ALL OUT of cinnamon rolls. The batch only makes 24 ... the kwvers require 8 rolls a day ... the campout is Fri., Sat., and Sun. ... sooo yeah,

You are assuming the rest of the group will let Kwvers stay all 3 days after they eat the first day's supply of rolls, my bet would be the remaining 16 rolls are eaten during the tar and feather party Friday night

Upon advice from our skin doctor we have humbly decided to forgo the smell of tar and chicken feathers and have agreed in principle to allow 16 of our beloved cinnamon rolls to be shared with our dear friends...The remaining cinnamon rolls will be shared between BnB,Mrs.K and myself(if they force me to eat them..) It's all about friendship...Anybody got some electricity for our camper...We may need to keep them cool...We have a refrigerator but no generator etc....There may be an extra cinnamon roll in it for whomever hooks us up....

boysnbarrie

Let's not forget ...

Ain't that nice of me?

I don't know how to delete a photo from a Forum post, but you, Sir Harmon, had better be figuring it out real quick like!!!!!

boysnbarrie

Let's not forget ...

Ain't that nice of me?

I don't know how to delete a photo from a Forum post, but you, Sir Harmon, had better be figuring it out real quick like!!!!!

You tell him Chelsea the K9 Cacher!!!! Nothing like watching out for momma..Looks like the tar and feathers may be needed afterall...

Uh...is this what you are sayin'?

939f47c3-ef57-45cb-bf16-870d644a5b98.jpg

d9826c48-06af-4a7b-901b-99e1b898e31d.jpg

c1f1900d-e0ee-4563-abee-8d9f2a84780a.jpg

132caac7-592c-452c-96b0-6a0a11d5dd4f.jpg

067a5728-0875-4560-b5d7-7312e7354db6.jpg

Uhm ... anybody know how to delete Forum Threads?

Thanks a lot James ... know what I'm sayin'?

04cb4b0c-d66c-4a4b-9e59-4aa656667178.jpg

Just leave a message ... I'll be away for a little while.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Uh...is this what you are sayin'?

939f47c3-ef57-45cb-bf16-870d644a5b98.jpg

d9826c48-06af-4a7b-901b-99e1b898e31d.jpg

c1f1900d-e0ee-4563-abee-8d9f2a84780a.jpg

132caac7-592c-452c-96b0-6a0a11d5dd4f.jpg

067a5728-0875-4560-b5d7-7312e7354db6.jpg

Uhm ... anybody know how to delete Forum Threads?

Thanks a lot James ... know what I'm sayin'?

04cb4b0c-d66c-4a4b-9e59-4aa656667178.jpg

Just leave a message ... I'll be away for a little while.

:anicute: hey that's my cache he's cooking...now I'm mad....Harmon you are in SOOOOO much trouble. Janie is a push-over, but picking on The FatCats? Oh no............how could you?