The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hello SD Geocachers!

I'm looking to do the 52 Pickup caches (thanks to spotting some of the non-52 Pickup caches at Black Mountain by Mr. LLOT), and was wondering if anyone had a bookmark file of those that I could use. I don't seem to be able to figure out how to generate a decent pocket query for those ...

Of course, I'll take tips on how to generate the pocket query as well, but I didn't seem to find anything that would let you query by keyword. Hmm ....

Thanks much!

Hello SD Geocachers!

I'm looking to do the 52 Pickup caches (thanks to spotting some of the non-52 Pickup caches at Black Mountain by Mr. LLOT), and was wondering if anyone had a bookmark file of those that I could use. I don't seem to be able to figure out how to generate a decent pocket query for those ...

Of course, I'll take tips on how to generate the pocket query as well, but I didn't seem to find anything that would let you query by keyword. Hmm ....

Thanks much!

Duncan! made this bookmark that you can download.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a cache in SD that would be considered the 'County Toughest'.

I can't seem to find this cache's page now, but wasn't there a 5/5 that required SCUBA gear, in a decommissioned Canadian Navy ship that was deliberately sunk near here as a fish reef and diving destination? I don't know if that qualifies as part of SD county, though.

Hello SD Geocachers!

Thanks much!

How about this one? (Not sure why Duncan! has added a UK cache to the list, but you can probably ignore it.

You can generate a Pocket Query from the list by clicking on the button at the bottom of the list page that says "Create Pocket Query".

(Now about that "non-52 Pickup" label? It's not my fault that NCC forgot to assign the Zeros to someone... :laughing: )

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a cache in SD that would be considered the 'County Toughest'.

I can't seem to find this cache's page now, but wasn't there a 5/5 that required SCUBA gear, in a decommissioned Canadian Navy ship that was deliberately sunk near here as a fish reef and diving destination? I don't know if that qualifies as part of SD county, though.

That Cache has been archived here is a link to the Cache page

I mean an active cache. I am interested in finding a cache to measure against, to set the new standard for insanity among the SD Geocachers. i do want to include water activities in the hide, trust me. And mountains. And a good nature hike. It'll be fun! Heck, I might even lead the first expedition to find the cache. Kwvers! already know, so I'd have to keep Jim on a leash, and BnB knows. But, the first expedition will only be comprised of those who solve the associated puzzle. And with my training, y'all are gonna have some fun with that.

I mean an active cache. I am interested in finding a cache to measure against, to set the new standard for insanity among the SD Geocachers. i do want to include water activities in the hide, trust me. And mountains. And a good nature hike. It'll be fun! Heck, I might even lead the first expedition to find the cache. Kwvers! already know, so I'd have to keep Jim on a leash, and BnB knows. But, the first expedition will only be comprised of those who solve the associated puzzle. And with my training, y'all are gonna have some fun with that.

Not exactly in San Diego, but check out Choreographed Chaos and Cerebral Codex for two of the most well engineered nasty 5/5 puzzle caches with great physical challenges to go with them. I've solved all the puzzles and was actually FTS on Cerebral Codex (my little braille pyramid card is one of my favorite toys on my geocaching trophy shelf). They are both in New Jersey so I don't really have that much info on the physical challenges associated with all the ten or so stages of each one, but Jeff "Tucson Thompsen" can tell you about the mental and physical challenges from first hand experience. There's also Fear which I can tell you about as well. THAT was one of my wildest caching experiences of all time. :laughing: Not as heavy on the puzzles, but some great physical challenges to get to the final. Ascenders needed to get the 2nd WP, final on an island, WP3 in a reed maze in the middle of marshland, etc., etc.

cg6cp.gif

Conga Rats to halftrack guy on passing Block 1 today! Just 3 more Blocks left, Soldier!!

Oh, and uh ... Jim on a leash, you say? HA! Good luck on that.

:laughing: BTW, does your mother get any extra clues? Soldiers are trained to love their mothers more, right? Woo hoo! More clues for me!!!!

Love, Mom

boysnbarrie :laughing:

Not exactly in San Diego, but check out Choreographed Chaos and Cerebral Codex for two of the most well engineered nasty 5/5 puzzle caches with great physical challenges to go with them. I've solved all the puzzles and was actually FTS on Cerebral Codex (my little braille pyramid card is one of my favorite toys on my geocaching trophy shelf). They are both in New Jersey so I don't really have that much info on the physical challenges associated with all the ten or so stages of each one, but Jeff "Tucson Thompsen" can tell you about the mental and physical challenges from first hand experience. There's also Fear which I can tell you about as well. THAT was one of my wildest caching experiences of all time. :laughing: Not as heavy on the puzzles, but some great physical challenges to get to the final. Ascenders needed to get the 2nd WP, final on an island, WP3 in a reed maze in the middle of marshland, etc., etc.

If it is your intent to try something on the wild side, you need go no further than taking a look at this bookmark list: Vinny and Sue Team's Extreme Geocaching List.

In particular, check out "Deathwish?" and Psycho Urban Cache #13

Hey San Diego folks!

Anyone in the mood to help a fellow cacher out? In addition to caching, I'm into California history - I've been working for over 13 years in trying to visit every single California State Historical Landmark in the state (over 1100 in total - I've visited 1043 so far - many posted at California Landmarks). The largest block of landmarks I haven't visited yet is in Anza-Borrego, some of which are supposedly on 4wd-only roads, and my little car just isn't up to the task. Although I live in northern Cal, I'll be visiting down south a couple of times this spring (once in late March, and one other time TBA). Anyone feel like helping me get out to the hard-to-reach places? The one that is supposedly the hardest to reach is at a place called Santa Catarina Springs, if you know where that is. I'd be happy to share the locations of the others if desired.

Thanks for considering it!

Donald (Moozer)

Hey San Diego folks!

Anyone in the mood to help a fellow cacher out? In addition to caching, I'm into California history - I've been working for over 13 years in trying to visit every single California State Historical Landmark in the state (over 1100 in total - I've visited 1043 so far - many posted at California Landmarks). The largest block of landmarks I haven't visited yet is in Anza-Borrego, some of which are supposedly on 4wd-only roads, and my little car just isn't up to the task. Although I live in northern Cal, I'll be visiting down south a couple of times this spring (once in late March, and one other time TBA). Anyone feel like helping me get out to the hard-to-reach places? The one that is supposedly the hardest to reach is at a place called Santa Catarina Springs, if you know where that is. I'd be happy to share the locations of the others if desired.

Donald (Moozer)

I can't help you out, but good luck. I've always thought that would be an interesting quest. I'm sure it has gotten you to a lot of interesting corners of the state and you've probably learned a lot of interesting history along the way.

Hey San Diego folks!

Donald (Moozer)

You might want to check out this group. I wouldn't be surprised if someone there might set up a run just for that purpose. http://www.justruns.com/

Hey San Diego folks!

Donald (Moozer)

I live in Borrego Springs in the middle of Anza-Borrego and have a Jeep. We go out all the time to play, let me know exact dates and I am sure we can arrange something. :D

Thanks for the tips and cache suggestions. I'll give y'all a little peek, but not much of one. First, the coords will bring you to the actual puzzle (yes, a physical puzzle). You'll retrieve the puzzle (first challenge) and solve it (second challenge). Next, you will head out into the boonies of East San Diego County (area TBD) and start at the trailhead coords (encrypted in the puzzle). As you head down the trail, you will have a few challenges to solve which will require a good degree of intestinal fortitude and a good head to complete. You will need at least one person skilled in climbing gear and safety, for your own safety (TheHikingMonk is one I know of). But, the trail itself will be hard enough. I am considering making this into an overnight cache, with a pre-built bivouac site for weary cachers near GZ. I'll try to make it comfy, but do pack light.

This will not be a trail for lone cacher. The hunt itself will require teams, that's an order. And, to make it a little better, I'm thinking about placing it in the Viejas Mountain area, unless it's too full of caches for mine and all I plan to fill the trail with.

Always Out Front!

HTG

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a cache in SD that would be considered the 'County Toughest'. Being in the Army has given me some abilities that, coupled with a few other things, could make for one doozy of a cache. Tomb Raider comes to mind, I've heard cachers talk about that one like it's a ghost. And TBP's Tecolote Canyon Caches deserve mention. And there's Sazr Foyo in Chula Vista, that one was incredibly hard to get to.

I'm working on a pretty massive puzzle right now, just getting the outline done currently. If I can make it through Ranger School this summer and have the puzzle finished, I'll make y'all one worth going out for. Oh, and it'll be a team effort.

a couple nights ago i made a pocket query of 5* difficulty caches and this cache:

GCDA06

popped up and it's a D/T of 5/5.

that sounds like something you'd like.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a cache in SD that would be considered the 'County Toughest'. Being in the Army has given me some abilities that, coupled with a few other things, could make for one doozy of a cache. Tomb Raider comes to mind, I've heard cachers talk about that one like it's a ghost. And TBP's Tecolote Canyon Caches deserve mention. And there's Sazr Foyo in Chula Vista, that one was incredibly hard to get to.

I'm working on a pretty massive puzzle right now, just getting the outline done currently. If I can make it through Ranger School this summer and have the puzzle finished, I'll make y'all one worth going out for. Oh, and it'll be a team effort.

a couple nights ago i made a pocket query of 5* difficulty caches and this cache:

GCDA06

popped up and it's a D/T of 5/5.

that sounds like something you'd like.

I can see why it's a 5 for terrain but why is it a 5 for difficulty?

So my suggestion would be to do one of my favorite 5 star puzzles first... :rolleyes:

Edited by TrailGators

Thanks for the tips and cache suggestions. I'll give y'all a little peek, but not much of one. First, the coords will bring you to the actual puzzle (yes, a physical puzzle). You'll retrieve the puzzle (first challenge) and solve it (second challenge). Next, you will head out into the boonies of East San Diego County (area TBD) and start at the trailhead coords (encrypted in the puzzle). As you head down the trail, you will have a few challenges to solve which will require a good degree of intestinal fortitude and a good head to complete. You will need at least one person skilled in climbing gear and safety, for your own safety (TheHikingMonk is one I know of). But, the trail itself will be hard enough. I am considering making this into an overnight cache, with a pre-built bivouac site for weary cachers near GZ. I'll try to make it comfy, but do pack light.

This will not be a trail for lone cacher. The hunt itself will require teams, that's an order. And, to make it a little better, I'm thinking about placing it in the Viejas Mountain area, unless it's too full of caches for mine and all I plan to fill the trail with.

Always Out Front!

HTG

:angry: OVERNIGHT???

NOW WAIT JUST A SECOND HERE, SOLDIER! Is there going to be one of those Holiday Inn air-conditioned campgrounds nearby? If not ... then count me out! LOL :D

Love, Mom

Always Out Front!

HTG

:angry:Ok there soldier boy...slow down with the plans to kill all the civilians in San Diego. Why don't you start small...like with an Army green micro and work your way up to the all night adventure that Jim KWVERS! will have to lead. We're not all youngsters like you ya know.

PS...El Cajon Mt might still have a few blank holes :D

Edited by jahoadi and john

Always Out Front!

HTG

:angry:Ok there soldier boy...slow down with the plans to kill all the civilians in San Diego. Why don't you start small...like with an Army green micro and work your way up to the all night adventure that Jim KWVERS! will have to lead. We're not all youngsters like you ya know.

Time to lose weight...Oh Dear!!! Oh My!!!

Always Out Front!

HTG

:DOk there soldier boy...slow down with the plans to kill all the civilians in San Diego. Why don't you start small...like with an Army green micro and work your way up to the all night adventure that Jim KWVERS! will have to lead. We're not all youngsters like you ya know.

PS...El Cajon Mt might still have a few blank holes :ph34r:

Last night, I was having :) a "flashback" of sorts ... all this Army stuff is getting to me, I think. Anyway ... so I was remembering back to the Otay Mtn. Truck Trail run many of us did awhile back. I think that outing might have something to do with halftrack guys :huh: present cache ideas. Yep, I remembered a moment when I was running to a cache and POLAR BEAR came running up to catch me - then gave me one of those football shoves :ph34r: you see those NFL players do. Mhmm, halftrack guy saw that ... his poor poor mother :) getting roughed up. Uh huh! Next thing I know, he's enlisted in the US Army ... then military intelligence. Yikes! Now he's thinking up all kinda of wild things to do, and it's all PB's fault (if ya ask me :o ). We're ALL gonna die!!!! Hmmm, what to do ... what to do.

boysnbarrie

Oh, btw ... I'm baby sitting at TIM's house

Edited by TheIronMom

Always Out Front!

HTG

:oOk there soldier boy...slow down with the plans to kill all the civilians in San Diego. Why don't you start small...like with an Army green micro and work your way up to the all night adventure that Jim KWVERS! will have to lead. We're not all youngsters like you ya know.

PS...El Cajon Mt might still have a few blank holes :(

Last night, I was having :D a "flashback" of sorts ... all this Army stuff is getting to me, I think. Anyway ... so I was remembering back to the Otay Mtn. Truck Trail run many of us did awhile back. I think that outing might have something to do with halftrack guys :ph34r: present cache ideas. Yep, I remembered a moment when I was running to a cache and POLAR BEAR came running up to catch me - then gave me one of those football shoves :( you see those NFL players do. Mhmm, halftrack guy saw that ... his poor poor mother :ph34r: getting roughed up. Uh huh! Next thing I know, he's enlisted in the US Army ... then military intelligence. Yikes! Now he's thinking up all kinda of wild things to do, and it's all PB's fault (if ya ask me :P ). We're ALL gonna die!!!! Hmmm, what to do ... what to do.

boysnbarrie

Bring it on, I'll recurit Chuy, Duncan, and Triple Crown and we'll get er done. :):huh::)

Triple Crown requested Let's Look Over Thayer to be archived at 1/16/2009

Log Date: 1/16/2009

Lots of DNF's, no responses.

OK, OK, so I didn't answer my phone. This still seems a bit harsh!

:)

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you! I'm very stern and a cruel taskmaster, and quite grumpy when I can't get a lifeline. :huh:

James-

Could you post the results for the best 101 Dalmatian hides? I can't remember all of them, and at the time, I couldn't immediately associate the name of each cache and where it was. I do remember Devhead's Ashes won, it was well-deserved, and that lulu's four puppies all won, they were also well-deserved.

Fun event last night!

Always Out Front!

HTG

:)Ok there soldier boy...slow down with the plans to kill all the civilians in San Diego. Why don't you start small...like with an Army green micro and work your way up to the all night adventure that Jim KWVERS! will have to lead. We're not all youngsters like you ya know.

PS...El Cajon Mt might still have a few blank holes :)

Last night, I was having ;) a "flashback" of sorts ... all this Army stuff is getting to me, I think. Anyway ... so I was remembering back to the Otay Mtn. Truck Trail run many of us did awhile back. I think that outing might have something to do with halftrack guys :D present cache ideas. Yep, I remembered a moment when I was running to a cache and POLAR BEAR came running up to catch me - then gave me one of those football shoves :) you see those NFL players do. Mhmm, halftrack guy saw that ... his poor poor mother :D getting roughed up. Uh huh! Next thing I know, he's enlisted in the US Army ... then military intelligence. Yikes! Now he's thinking up all kinda of wild things to do, and it's all PB's fault (if ya ask me :P ). We're ALL gonna die!!!! Hmmm, what to do ... what to do.

boysnbarrie

Bring it on, I'll recurit Chuy, Duncan, and Triple Crown and we'll get er done. :angry::D:D

Well okay then!

Could you post the results for the best 101 Dalmatian hides?

Happy to oblige...

Best Cache Container(s)

Squeaky/Nosey/Junor/Snake Eyes -- kwvers!

Most Innovative Cache

Domino -- The Dillon Gang

Most Evil Cache

Ashes -- devhead

Ten Best Dalmatian Caches

1st Ashes -- devhead

2nd Corky -- devhead

3rd Domino -- The Dillon Gang

4th Rolly -- FlagMan

5th Fang -- lulu499

6th Furrball -- lulu499

7th Buttons -- Splashman

8th Fidget -- lulu499

9th Pongo -- PQGeoTrekkers

10th Zephyr -- lulu499

(And just out of the money in 11th place was Cadpig by LLOT... :angry: )

In all, 42 caches appeared on the combined set of Top Ten Lists

Always Out Front!

HTG

;)Ok there soldier boy...slow down with the plans to kill all the civilians in San Diego. Why don't you start small...like with an Army green micro and work your way up to the all night adventure that Jim KWVERS! will have to lead. We're not all youngsters like you ya know.

Last night, I was having :angry: a "flashback" of sorts ... all this Army stuff is getting to me, I think. Anyway ... so I was remembering back to the Otay Mtn. Truck Trail run many of us did awhile back. I think that outing might have something to do with halftrack guys :D present cache ideas. Yep, I remembered a moment when I was running to a cache and POLAR BEAR came running up to catch me - then gave me one of those football shoves :D you see those NFL players do. Mhmm, halftrack guy saw that ... his poor poor mother :D getting roughed up. Uh huh! Next thing I know, he's enlisted in the US Army ... then military intelligence. Yikes! Now he's thinking up all kinda of wild things to do, and it's all PB's fault (if ya ask me :) ). We're ALL gonna die!!!! Hmmm, what to do ... what to do.

boysnbarrie

I'm glad you added that last part. I always thought boysnbarrie was a good geo name and thought maybe you had changed it....not that there's anything wrong with the name TheIronMom :)

This was posted on the Justruns off road board today:

--- In justruns@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Mullins" <justruns@...> wrote:

>

> Not to make fun of the "homeless" but today Suzanne and I were heading

> home from Truckhaven via Montezuma Grade heading west out of Borrego

> Springs. (For those not familiar with the road, (S22) is very steep

> and winding between Borrego Springs and Ranchita.

>

> About half way up the grade we passed a homeless guy pushing a fully

> loaded grocery cart piled high with "stuff" going down the road.

> (Actually the cart was pulling him because of the steepness of the

> grade.) It's got to be about 6 - 10 miles between Ranchita and

> Borrego Springs. I wonder if he made it all the way.

>

> I guess he was a "SnowBird" heading to Borrego Springs for the winter.

>

Since I don't know many of you, which one of you was it and what caches did you hit?

This was posted on the Justruns off road board today:

--- In justruns@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Mullins" <justruns@...> wrote:

>

> Not to make fun of the "homeless" but today Suzanne and I were heading

> home from Truckhaven via Montezuma Grade heading west out of Borrego

> Springs. (For those not familiar with the road, (S22) is very steep

> and winding between Borrego Springs and Ranchita.

>

> About half way up the grade we passed a homeless guy pushing a fully

> loaded grocery cart piled high with "stuff" going down the road.

> (Actually the cart was pulling him because of the steepness of the

> grade.) It's got to be about 6 - 10 miles between Ranchita and

> Borrego Springs. I wonder if he made it all the way.

>

> I guess he was a "SnowBird" heading to Borrego Springs for the winter.

>

Since I don't know many of you, which one of you was it and what caches did you hit?

Wasn't me ... Try SKILLET if you need a name ... he knows everyone out there. And last I checked, there weren't a whole lot of caches out there since ABSP went nunu about caches.

It does sound like a fun hike though. Eight miles, cactus, hot as hell and twice as dry, coyotes, dirt in every crevice you thought you knew about (and a few you didn't), with the occasional steaming hot slab of asphalt to cross. Sounds like paradise!

And last I checked, there weren't a whole lot of caches out there since ABSP went nunu about caches.

ABDSP may be a bit devoid of caches but don't let that dissuade anyone from heading out to the desert. ABDSP is only a small part of the desert. Ms. LLOT and I were on a Puppy hunt a couple weeks back and even though we were only in Borrego Springs to find one cache, we found 10 without even breaking a sweat...and then we went over to Ocotillo Wells and scooped up a bunch more. And if we because our purpose was hunting Puppies, we left plenty of caches unfound for our next trip to the desert.

;)

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you! I'm very stern and a cruel taskmaster, and quite grumpy when I can't get a lifeline. :o

Not as many lifelines would be needed if you bowled more often :)

;)

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you! I'm very stern and a cruel taskmaster, and quite grumpy when I can't get a lifeline. :ph34r:

Not as many lifelines would be needed if you bowled more often :ph34r:

:) Geo-bowling?? Woah, who knew?! Count me in, I'll show you ALL my skills at knockin' down uh ... well, last time I think I got 140 or so :o . Coulda been less, now that i think about it. Hmmm, whose team can I be on?

boysnbarrie

;)

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you! I'm very stern and a cruel taskmaster, and quite grumpy when I can't get a lifeline. :ph34r:

:) Geo-bowling?? Woah, who knew?! Count me in, I'll show you ALL my skills at knockin' down uh ... well, last time I think I got 140 or so :o . Coulda been less, now that i think about it. Hmmm, whose team can I be on?

boysnbarrie

The PUD Cake Panthers Barrie, any time you want to.

;)

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you! I'm very stern and a cruel taskmaster, and quite grumpy when I can't get a lifeline. :o

You're right, but I think I had too many White Russians, plus, obviously I can't roll on the shabbat. :)

;)

boysnbarrie

I see a Big Lebowski Bowling Night Geo-Event coming soon to San Diego. More info as the plan comes together! :ph34r:

Me and SKILLET had just finished finding C&D Parks are great GC1M19M in MiraMesa and are Vista HCX lost satelite also my NUVi 270 and Marks 200. It was down for about a hr. Sometimes it would come up but the ACC. was Hi of 550 ft to low of 30 ft. Finally it returned to normal This was around 10 this morning. Weird. ;)

Me and SKILLET had just finished finding C&D Parks are great GC1M19M in MiraMesa and are Vista HCX lost satelite also my NUVi 270 and Marks 200. It was down for about a hr. Sometimes it would come up but the ACC. was Hi of 550 ft to low of 30 ft. Finally it returned to normal This was around 10 this morning. Weird. ;)

Yes it was weird, 4 GPSrs losing signal for about an hour. we were driving around blind.

Almost went into withdrawals. 0002011A.gifAlmost called it quits for the day and then they came back nice and strong 00020263.gif

Yes it was weird, 4 GPSrs losing signal for about an hour. we were driving around blind.

Almost went into withdrawals. 0002011A.gifAlmost called it quits for the day and then they came back nice and strong 00020263.gif

I was out hiking and grabbing all of Jahoadi and Johns, "NUN" series and didn't experience any satelite loss. Would have been a pain to be out there with no satelites.

;)

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you! I'm very stern and a cruel taskmaster, and quite grumpy when I can't get a lifeline. :(

Not as many lifelines would be needed if you bowled more often :mad:

;) Geo-bowling?? Woah, who knew?! Count me in, I'll show you ALL my skills at knockin' down uh ... well, last time I think I got 140 or so :P . Coulda been less, now that i think about it. Hmmm, whose team can I be on?

boysnbarrie

I see a Big Lebowski Bowling Night Geo-Event coming soon to San Diego. More info as the plan comes together! :lol:

:( Oh boy! PUD Cake Panthers ... here I come!! Wow, this reminds me of the days when I was on a bowling team ... uh, back in the ... well, way back. I even remember when the PBA came to town, we'd drive over to Alameda, CA and keep score! I wonder if I can find my ol' bowling ball :lol: ... (starts rummaging through closets)

Ever feel like you are too busy clearing out the caches close to home to have time to grab the caches a little further away that might be more fun? But yet, I like caches close to home, too. It's just getting so hard to keep up.
I gave up on keeping up. A couple of years ago I had all 150 caches in Escondido cleared. Now there are ~150 more caches. So I'm saving them for times when I only feel like going out for an hour or so.
Ever feel like you are too busy clearing out the caches close to home to have time to grab the caches a little further away that might be more fun? But yet, I like caches close to home, too. It's just getting so hard to keep up.
I gave up on keeping up. A couple of years ago I had all 150 caches in Escondido cleared. Now there are ~150 more caches. So I'm saving them for times when I only feel like going out for an hour or so.

Yeah, good case in point is my Santee home-zone because it includes MTRP.

Just had five new hides pop up within a mile of my home coordinates. This

zone is so saturated that the practice of archiving to make space for new

hides has become common practice. On the other hand I was able to score

five new finds including a FTF while on my way to Barnes & Noble today.

It pleases me to see that many of the home-zone hides are being placed by

new Geocachers. Imagine what it's like for newbies, where the heck can you

find a place to hide a container in such a saturated zone?

Of course I do count my blessings having survived the 2006 MTRP Cache War

with my Geocaching interest intact. That engagement was a day-to-day grind

for weeks; no, months on end. I should feel good about outlasting Cegrube

but I actually miss that weezy, rheumy-eyed, knock-kneed old geezer. What

I learned from that battle is that you can finally wear-down a retired U.S.

Marine.

Hi Carl, kiss-kiss. How's that new walker workin' out for y'?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Still a slave to the radius... 12-miles, in case you were wondering (and, yes, that includes all of MTRP). And a slave to the SD County puzzles. As of this moment, only three caches in said radius, and all three were published yesterday and today. And as for puzzle caches, only the Delorme Challenge which is really not a San Diego County puzzle cache... It feels good to keep all this cleaned up, but sometimes it does seem more like work than fun. But I've never really let it interfere with doing a nice hike somewhere outside of the radius...