frozen head with a donated body.

Here's my concern, how will Geocaching find-counts be handled under

such circumstances? Will find-counts of the head or of the body apply,

or will both find-counts be combined? ... and what about owned-caches,

user-names and avatars?

Signed,

Just Wondering in Santee

Edited by SD Rowdies

:) Steve...you're never gonna be able to stop. I so look forward to the Daily Geocacher..it's the first thing I look for when I log on. I can't stop laughing. I can't wait to catch that old rich #$%$% and rescue those puppies!

Thanks Jodi.

Just so people know, I may be the publisher and the editor but I am getting help on the stories from a Rowdy guy who lives here in San Diego and has the initials HH.

e7107fbf-a63b-452e-bdd6-ca7a5f70bb0d.jpg

:)

Godzilla doesn't want to dance. He said something about not liking Hip Hop because it gives him a headache.

So does anyone have another suggestion for a 10000 find dancer?

Maybe we should have a little dancing competition.....

gator1dt9.gifbaby14uj7.gifmonsterdanceid2.gif

We would like to see a little "break dancing."

I can't wait to catch that old #$%$% ....

Thanks,

Jodi.

Jodi,

Watch it with that "... old #$%$% ..." stuff will y'!

I'm old but very sensitive.

Harmon

:) Harmon, Silly old man...the #$%$% I was referring to was the old rich Ms. De Vil...the lady stealing the puppies...not you! ;) I know how I could catch you. I'd place a rest stop cache for old folks and camp out until you showed up.

The madness continues- I read this on my Just Runs email list.

I just read about the closure of Sandstone Canyon off of Fish Creek in

the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Apparently it happened sometime

before October 25th. I've fired off my emails to try to get some

explanation as to the rational behind the closure. If anybody has any

info please post it up.

I can't wait to catch that old #$%$% ....

Thanks,

Jodi.

Jodi,

Watch it with that "... old #$%$% ..." stuff will y'!

I'm old but very sensitive.

Harmon

:) Harmon, Silly old man...the #$%$% I was referring to was the old rich Ms. De Vil...the lady stealing the puppies...not you! ;) I know how I could catch you. I'd place a rest stop cache for old folks and camp out until you showed up.

I know, I know ... I just wanted to get noticed.

Next time you hide a rest-stop cache I'm going

for it on using a walker with a roll-cage. Ouch!

The madness continues- I read this on my Just Runs email list.

I just read about the closure of Sandstone Canyon off of Fish Creek in

the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Apparently it happened sometime

before October 25th. I've fired off my emails to try to get some

explanation as to the rational behind the closure. If anybody has any

info please post it up.

I contacted the ranger and he said that the canyon is still open a few miles in. Some yahoos went in and put grafitti on the walls and there were tire marks going up the canyon walls. Some exploration might be in store to see how it looks out there. Of course it would be nice to get some caches while there too. But that's a whole different story.

;) Ten dancing men is the most that the site will you post. So now I need to find a mega-dancing man. I still can't believe that people are finding that many caches. When I started Parsa had ~400 finds and I thought that was mazing! :sad:

You could use an Animated GIF editor to make a dual dancing man (DM) image. That combined with the single DM should be good for up to 20,000 caches -- which at the current find rates should be good at least until January...

:D If I had an animated gif editor, I could just make a dancing Godzilla to signify 10,000 finds! :D

Okee, dokee...

Godzilla.gif

;) Ten dancing men is the most that the site will you post. So now I need to find a mega-dancing man. I still can't believe that people are finding that many caches. When I started Parsa had ~400 finds and I thought that was mazing! :sad:

You could use an Animated GIF editor to make a dual dancing man (DM) image. That combined with the single DM should be good for up to 20,000 caches -- which at the current find rates should be good at least until January...

:D If I had an animated gif editor, I could just make a dancing Godzilla to signify 10,000 finds! :D

Okee, dokee...

Godzilla.gif

Why is this reminding me of the movie The Fly.... :D
I was caching in this part of Balboa Park last Sunday. Maybe I was too intent on following the arrow but I sure don't remember seeing an airplane there...

92ef6895-9fdf-422c-9bd8-c5b1c14141a3.jpg

:) That was Triplecrown...he was trying to sneak in on an FTF just placed by Game4Travel....

Nice find James, if you pan a little bit to the east you will find the Air & Space Museum, the roof still say Aerospace Museum. I just thought the juxtaposition of this is pretty cool.

Edited by devhead
I was caching in this part of Balboa Park last Sunday. Maybe I was too intent on following the arrow but I sure don't remember seeing an airplane there...

92ef6895-9fdf-422c-9bd8-c5b1c14141a3.jpg

:) That was Triplecrown...he was trying to sneak in on an FTF just placed by Game4Travel....

Nice find James, if you pan a little bit to the east you will find the Air & Space Museum, the roof still say Aerospace Museum. I just thought the juxtaposition of this is pretty cool.

I think I remember a puzzle cache in the Temecula area that had a whole plane crash theme to it and the solution brought you to a Google image with the shadow of a plane and the cache coords were near the shadow... Pretty cool...

People keep asking me why my mind is always in the gutter. I can't help it. It's attached to my body...

Is it any wonder?

dc138682-362e-40a2-b13d-f07f72b525a6.jpg

Look what else is attached.

I have question for the fashion police: Is it OK to unbunch your white socks, if you tie your shoelaces around your ankles? :)

But if you bunch those socks, where are you going to stick your sgian dubh...? :ph34r:

People keep asking me why my mind is always in the gutter. I can't help it. It's attached to my body...

Is it any wonder?

dc138682-362e-40a2-b13d-f07f72b525a6.jpg

Look what else is attached.

I have question for the fashion police: Is it OK to unbunch your white socks, if you tie your shoelaces around your ankles? :)

But if you bunch those socks, where are you going to stick your sgian dubh...? :ph34r:

Good point! I guess you would have to put your sgian dubh in your breeks, but don't let it rub up against your dirk. :ph34r: Edited by TrailGators
2d33c0b4-0dd8-49c3-acbd-2facf28ffd7d.jpg

If I have to hold my GPSr upside down will it still point in the right direction or do I have to stand on my head to read it. 000201DD.gif

Just keep a few simple conversion factors in mind ... after the flip-flop

takes place up is down, down is up, north is south, south is north,

east is west, west is east, right is left, left is right, latitude is longitude,

longitude is latitude, and both longitude and latitude go the other way

around.

However, as you rightly point out, standing on your head eliminates the

need for messy conversion factors.

There are other important implications by the way. For example, North

and South Dakota and well as North and South Carolina flip-flop.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Got this from desertriver. What should I tell Her to do ???

Hi Mark ! Went and got some FTFs this morning then off to the Lagunas where we were not the FTF, however, here is my rant : as we were going in on the trail, two bicyclists almost ran us over - we got right off the trail for them to go by - no thank you, no wave, etc. (which is funny cause at the time I thought to myself that they are acting like they don't want to be seen) and it is clearly CLEARLY marked that no bicycles or horses on trails and the trail entrance is set up in such a way it would be hard to get your bike on the trail and impossible to get a horse on. Anyway, they were two cachers (I know who) as they logged all the logs right before me. And the proof is there that they were cachers cause we followed the bike tracks all the way to the caches which were off the beaten path - no bike rider would just ride off the path where "coincidentally" there were caches. One of the bike riders had a GPS installed on his handlebars, too. Isn't this what causes caching to be kicked out of certain areas, like Borrego Springs, because people don't pay attention to the law.... and if the Rangers at the Laguna park saw that there were cachers bike riding illegally, wouldn't they kick all the caches out of that park? So here's my dilemna, without naming names, and saying such in my logs...... that this is what damage a few can do to a lot ? And I know what their plan is, to get as many as possible, as fast as possible to get to Rolly first. Tomorrow we are going to Lake Morena, which is 9 miles - HIKING ONLY - and I bet their tire tracks will be there. Riding bikes cuts their time two-thirds by getting the caches faster. This isn't sour grapes, it's just - you know - crooked.So, here's my question: should I make mention of this in my log - or not ? I ask because I want to say something but don't know if it is appropriate. What do you think? Pat.

Hi Mark ! Went and got some FTFs this morning then off to the Lagunas where we were not the FTF, however, here is my rant : as we were going in on the trail, two bicyclists almost ran us over - we got right off the trail for them to go by - no thank you, no wave, etc. (which is funny cause at the time I thought to myself that they are acting like they don't want to be seen) and it is clearly CLEARLY marked that no bicycles or horses on trails and the trail entrance is set up in such a way it would be hard to get your bike on the trail and impossible to get a horse on. Anyway, they were two cachers (I know who) as they logged all the logs right before me. And the proof is there that they were cachers cause we followed the bike tracks all the way to the caches which were off the beaten path - no bike rider would just ride off the path where "coincidentally" there were caches. One of the bike riders had a GPS installed on his handlebars, too. Isn't this what causes caching to be kicked out of certain areas, like Borrego Springs, because people don't pay attention to the law.... and if the Rangers at the Laguna park saw that there were cachers bike riding illegally, wouldn't they kick all the caches out of that park? So here's my dilemna, without naming names, and saying such in my logs...... that this is what damage a few can do to a lot ? And I know what their plan is, to get as many as possible, as fast as possible to get to Rolly first. Tomorrow we are going to Lake Morena, which is 9 miles - HIKING ONLY - and I bet their tire tracks will be there. Riding bikes cuts their time two-thirds by getting the caches faster. This isn't sour grapes, it's just - you know - crooked.So, here's my question: should I make mention of this in my log - or not ? I ask because I want to say something but don't know if it is appropriate. What do you think? Pat.

It wasn't us!! Lulu and I were FTF on the ones on the Sunset Trail near Phil's Memorial (Prince, Nipper, Sparky, Ears, Bongo, Eight Ball, Buttons and Typhoon), but we hiked the whole trail...

It wasn't us!! Lulu and I were FTF on the ones on the Sunset Trail near Phil's Memorial (Prince, Nipper, Sparky, Ears, Bongo, Eight Ball, Buttons and Typhoon), but we hiked the whole trail...

A. Send private email to FlagMan naming names.

B. Perps' should post simply "got carried away" apology, forgiveness all around.

C. If not B above then associated log entries should be deleted from cache pages.

Be square, play fair.

Hello, SD Geocachers! Idon't know why the silly Groundspeak login wouldn't take my username, but it seems that I haveto log in as BnB. Yes, this is HTG, and I've finally found time to get back on here and say hello once again to everyone here. It's been a long 90 days since I last came on here, and I know I've missed out on a lot. I'll try to get back into the swing of things here soon, and am working on coming back around Christmas, if I can. I appreciate all the corresponence from Kwvers!, TheHikingMonk, DcTalk007, BadSquirrel, and Jahoadi and John. I've left Ft. Jackson, SC and am now at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, TX (Not San Antonio!). I'm going to get back into caching (I don't know how well-seeded this area is, I assume it's pretty light) and start working on some puzzle caches for y'all when I get back.

Hi Mark ! Went and got some FTFs this morning then off to the Lagunas where we were not the FTF, however, here is my rant : as we were going in on the trail, two bicyclists almost ran us over - we got right off the trail for them to go by - no thank you, no wave, etc. (which is funny cause at the time I thought to myself that they are acting like they don't want to be seen) and it is clearly CLEARLY marked that no bicycles or horses on trails and the trail entrance is set up in such a way it would be hard to get your bike on the trail and impossible to get a horse on. Anyway, they were two cachers (I know who) as they logged all the logs right before me. And the proof is there that they were cachers cause we followed the bike tracks all the way to the caches which were off the beaten path - no bike rider would just ride off the path where "coincidentally" there were caches. One of the bike riders had a GPS installed on his handlebars, too. Isn't this what causes caching to be kicked out of certain areas, like Borrego Springs, because people don't pay attention to the law.... and if the Rangers at the Laguna park saw that there were cachers bike riding illegally, wouldn't they kick all the caches out of that park? So here's my dilemna, without naming names, and saying such in my logs...... that this is what damage a few can do to a lot ? And I know what their plan is, to get as many as possible, as fast as possible to get to Rolly first. Tomorrow we are going to Lake Morena, which is 9 miles - HIKING ONLY - and I bet their tire tracks will be there. Riding bikes cuts their time two-thirds by getting the caches faster. This isn't sour grapes, it's just - you know - crooked.[/color]So, here's my question: should I make mention of this in my log - or not ? I ask because I want to say something but don't know if it is appropriate. What do you think? Pat.

B. Perps' should post simply "got carried away" apology, forgiveness all around.

C. If not B above then associated log entries should be deleted from cache pages.

Be square, play fair.

I agree with Harmon and everyone should play fair but not everyone does. I think you did the right thing by not naming names here and causing embarrassment for everyone involved. They know who they are.

I just ask that you don't think all bike riders are trail jerks and remember we (geocachers) are all out there for the fun of the game whether we ride or hike.

Hi Mark ! Went and got some FTFs this morning then off to the Lagunas where we were not the FTF, however, here is my rant : as we were going in on the trail, two bicyclists almost ran us over - we got right off the trail for them to go by - no thank you, no wave, etc. (which is funny cause at the time I thought to myself that they are acting like they don't want to be seen) and it is clearly CLEARLY marked that no bicycles or horses on trails and the trail entrance is set up in such a way it would be hard to get your bike on the trail and impossible to get a horse on. Anyway, they were two cachers (I know who) as they logged all the logs right before me. And the proof is there that they were cachers cause we followed the bike tracks all the way to the caches which were off the beaten path - no bike rider would just ride off the path where "coincidentally" there were caches. One of the bike riders had a GPS installed on his handlebars, too. Isn't this what causes caching to be kicked out of certain areas, like Borrego Springs, because people don't pay attention to the law.... and if the Rangers at the Laguna park saw that there were cachers bike riding illegally, wouldn't they kick all the caches out of that park? So here's my dilemna, without naming names, and saying such in my logs...... that this is what damage a few can do to a lot ? And I know what their plan is, to get as many as possible, as fast as possible to get to Rolly first. Tomorrow we are going to Lake Morena, which is 9 miles - HIKING ONLY - and I bet their tire tracks will be there. Riding bikes cuts their time two-thirds by getting the caches faster. This isn't sour grapes, it's just - you know - crooked.[/color]So, here's my question: should I make mention of this in my log - or not ? I ask because I want to say something but don't know if it is appropriate. What do you think? Pat.

Be square, play fair.

If I may add my 2 cents... I don't think they should be allowed to be included in the FTF list. I am certain they know they were not supposed to be on bikes in the area.

Edited by habu!

Be square, play fair.

If I may add my 2 cents... I don't think they should be allowed to be included in the FTF list. I am certain they know they were not supposed to be on bikes in the area.

In yacht racing, when a foul is committed you are generally required to do a 720 penalty turn... (two circles)... Maybe we should make them do the loop twice without bikes... :)

Seriously, though, I've been out on these trails three times and there are bikes allowed on the trail that goes more directly to Phil's Memorial. I don't know if I would have even noticed the sign prohibiting bikes on the other trail. I think a mere mea culpa would be sufficient here...

Unfortunately, this is an expected byproduct of this type of challenge. Our caches were listed as being available only from dawn to dusk because the land manager has marked the trails as such, yet they were found on the first night. I'm sure there are a number of people "breaking the rules" in the quest to become the first cachers to finish this. The best thing about these challenges is the competitive spirit shown by the cachers. The worst thing about these challenges is the competitive spirit shown by the cachers.

Edited by Snake & Rooster