The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Any fellow cacher have a portable metal detector? I'm going after "Waterfall's Source", which is in a very remote area, and is made of metal. It hasn't been found for almost a year, and it's been on my "close to home" list for too long. I'd like to bring it back to life.

Would someone like to either loan me their detector, or accomany me on the find? I think it is pretty cool to find a cache that hasn't been found for many months. Ingress to the GZ nvolves a climb up a series of rocks...I did it in Tevas, but good shoes are better. It's also quite muddy.

PM me?

Any fellow cacher have a portable metal detector? I'm going after "Waterfall's Source", which is in a very remote area, and is made of metal. It hasn't been found for almost a year, and it's been on my "close to home" list for too long. I'd like to bring it back to life.

Would someone like to either loan me their detector, or accomany me on the find? I think it is pretty cool to find a cache that hasn't been found for many months. Ingress to the GZ nvolves a climb up a series of rocks...I did it in Tevas, but good shoes are better. It's also quite muddy.

PM me?

I don't have a metal detector but I might be able to get one. When are you planning this little trek?

Here's the link to the cache page if anyone is interested. GCHV3Y

Edited by Toby's Gang

I don't have a metal detector but I might be able to get one. When are you planning this little trek?

Here's the link to the cache page if anyone is interested. GCHV3Y

I'd look to do it next weekend, maybe Saturday morning. I should rephrase it's not terribly remote (right off the 15 at Scripps-Poway Pky) but the GZ itself is quite remote...up the set of rocks. So if someone thinks this is a day hike, it's not...more like a park, scramble for 10 mins, search for however long, and make the find.

Good opportunity to get some North County caches as well; there are quite a few in the area. I think I have over 200 within 2 miles of my house.

I wanted to be there with my new 4x4 but there is no way I can be ready in time. (just found out the date) I am working every night on it, but there is too much to do yet.

Steve

OK what's the new 4x4., a 4x4 Van isn't good enough any more?

000201DD.gif

I hope it's not a Toyota. 000201EA.gif

What do you mean not a TOYOTA?

Do you really think any other vehicle could do what I did to get us back on the road yesterday,let alone the wayho's to do what I did. So I'll remember this. :P:ph34r::o:D

I have a metal detector but I have not used it in years. Don't know if it still works. That said, my recollection of the cache is that the container was plastic (but it was a long time ago and my memory may not be accurate.) Here is a photo that shows the cache exactly the way that I found it...

7b575772-2812-455b-aa07-2604e2e959a6.jpg

I have heard that subsequently it may have been moved...

By the way, I have been to GZ up from the bottom and down from the top. Down from the top is WAY EASIER than up from the bottom.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

[i have a metal detector but I have not used it in years. Don't know if it still works. That said, my recollection of the cache is that the container was plastic (but it was a long time ago and my memory may not be accurate.) Here is a photo that shows the cache exactly the way that I found it...

7b575772-2812-455b-aa07-2604e2e959a6.jpg

I have heard that subsequently it may have been moved...

By the way, I have been to GZ up from the bottom and down from the top. Down from the top is WAY EASIER than up from the bottom.

Grrr. I re-re-reread the logs, and saw the container went from metal to metal to "waterproof container" in October of '04. It was apparently picked up and left "in a bush" in '06, so I don't think the photo is accurate anymore.

This is sounding like a 5.11 pants & machete cache...I had really hoped my metal detector idea had promise...

And LLOT, where'd you park when ingressing from the top? The bottom route wasn't *that* bad...good grief!

Grrr. I re-re-reread the logs, and saw the container went from metal to metal to "waterproof container" in October of '04. It was apparently picked up and left "in a bush" in '06, so I don't think the photo is accurate anymore.

This is sounding like a 5.11 pants & machete cache...I had really hoped my metal detector idea had promise...

And LLOT, where'd you park when ingressing from the top? The bottom route wasn't *that* bad...good grief!

I just read the logs. I don't remember a bush within 2 feet of GZ. Just the grass, reeds and the swamp (as shown in the picture.) Makes me wonder how close it really is/was to where I found it. The fact that they seem to have cut back all the pampas grass, circa Sept. 2006, makes it seem very likely that it moved....

It also makes me wonder whether the effort to find this cache is really worth it. Perhaps it might be better just to archive it.

Anyway, to come down from the top, just follow Trail Crest up until you are east of the cache. It'll be obvious where to park and how to go down from there. As to the differences, I remember pushing through and crawling under a lot of brush when I came up from the bottom. From the top, it's just a steep slope with rolly rocks. No actual bushwhacking. But hey, if you want to come from the bottom, it's no skin off my nose...

Has anyone tried Cacheberry on their Blackberry? What do you think of it? Any problems? It's an app for your Blackbery similar to Cachemate or GPX Spinner.

My father in law was asking me about it but I had never heard of it until he mentioned it.

My 71 year old father in law finds out about a new geocaching program before I do...what's this world coming to?

Old guys rule!

Has anyone tried Cacheberry on their Blackberry? What do you think of it? Any problems? It's an app for your Blackbery similar to Cachemate or GPX Spinner.

My father in law was asking me about it but I had never heard of it until he mentioned it.

My 71 year old father in law finds out about a new geocaching program before I do...what's this world coming to?

Old guys rule!

Here is a good thread about it on the Crackberry site. There is a 30 day trial so you have nothing to lose. It takes GPX files! I am using my Windows Mobile phone with Cachemate now since I broke both of my Palms. I figured that if I pull out my phone to PAF I could check the hints first... ;) Edited by TrailGators

Found the Waterfall Source today!

My metal detector idea would not have worked. Cache container was a blue plastic waterproof doodad. I almost regret finding it, b/c it keeps the cache alive for other finders, and I thought it was a bit of a miserable hike, with ants, maybe a tick, and pampas grass. Hum baby!

I came in from the top as LLOT suggested...I'd say it was a bit easier, though less direct, but much steeper, than the bottom route. I think it's a wash either way. (But if you're afraid of falling, go from the top).

Now Jahoadi & John have to go back and avenge their DNF!! Ha!!

Found the Waterfall Source today!

My metal detector idea would not have worked. Cache container was a blue plastic waterproof doodad. I almost regret finding it, b/c it keeps the cache alive for other finders, and I thought it was a bit of a miserable hike, with ants, maybe a tick, and pampas grass. Hum baby!

I came in from the top as LLOT suggested...I'd say it was a bit easier, though less direct, but much steeper, than the bottom route. I think it's a wash either way. (But if you're afraid of falling, go from the top).

Now Jahoadi & John have to go back and avenge their DNF!! Ha!!

;):laughing: You are a Bad-Squirrel.... ;)

I came across a device that others may want to consider taking along as a safety measure when hiking in remote areas that don't have cell coverage (much of Anza Borrego, the Sierra Nevada, etc are cell phone challenged). It is called a Satellite Personal Tracker or SPOT. I purchased one through Amazon but they are also available at REI and from a variety of Internet retail sources. There is an annual subscription fee of $100 in addition to the one time purchase price - typically around $135.

The SPOT unit is about the size of a GPSr. It combines GPS functionality with a satellite connection/messaging system. You pre-identify recipients of email and cellphone text messages. When the unit is on, it maintains the satellite link. If you press "ok", it sends postion/time information to those recipients. If you press "help", it similarly sends a "needs help" message to another list of recipients (which may be the same folks, just a different list), again with position/time. The third feature is a 911 button that activates the emergency response system, sending position/time to a dispatch center that also maintains emergency call back numbers you have registered.

One very nice feature is that the email message is coupled to Google Maps so the recipient receives a link that when opened opens a Google Map and you can see the position at the time the message was sent in map, terrain, or satellite modes.

One disclaimer - this is not an EPIRB (Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacon) nor is it a two-way messaging system. It only transmits your position and one of three conditions (ok, need help, 911) and a dispatch center relays that information to your contacts.

More information is available at the SPOT website.

I tried mine out today on a hike northeast of Upper Otay Lake and sent test messages that were monitored by Gecko Mom and a couple of fellow backcountry hikers. Worked like a charm (I had along a cell phone to see how quickly it responded - often within a minute or two). The positions reported were consistent with my known coordinates.

Since many of my hikes are solo and/or are to very remote areas, sometimes over multiple days, I will be carrying it on my daypack or backpack belt as a means of keeping GM posted and providing reassurance that I'm ok until I return to an area with cell coverage.

-GD

P.S. There is also a tracking feature (extra $50/year subscription) that links to Google Maps and sends position/track updates every 10 minutes. I did not elect to enable this feature.

I came across a device that others may want to consider taking along as a safety measure when hiking in remote areas that don't have cell coverage (much of Anza Borrego, the Sierra Nevada, etc are cell phone challenged). It is called a Satellite Personal Tracker or SPOT. I purchased one through Amazon but they are also available at REI and from a variety of Internet retail sources. There is an annual subscription fee of $100 in addition to the one time purchase price - typically around $135.

The SPOT unit is about the size of a GPSr. It combines GPS functionality with a satellite connection/messaging system. You pre-identify recipients of email and cellphone text messages. When the unit is on, it maintains the satellite link. If you press "ok", it sends postion/time information to those recipients. If you press "help", it similarly sends a "needs help" message to another list of recipients (which may be the same folks, just a different list), again with position/time. The third feature is a 911 button that activates the emergency response system, sending position/time to a dispatch center that also maintains emergency call back numbers you have registered.

One very nice feature is that the email message is coupled to Google Maps so the recipient receives a link that when opened opens a Google Map and you can see the position at the time the message was sent in map, terrain, or satellite modes.

One disclaimer - this is not an EPIRB (Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacon) nor is it a two-way messaging system. It only transmits your position and one of three conditions (ok, need help, 911) and a dispatch center relays that information to your contacts.

I tried mine out today on a hike northeast of Upper Otay Lake and sent test messages that were monitored by Gecko Mom and a couple of fellow backcountry hikers. Worked like a charm (I had along a cell phone to see how quickly it responded - often within a minute or two). The positions reported were consistent with my known coordinates.

Since many of my hikes are solo and/or are to very remote areas, sometimes over multiple days, I will be carrying it on my daypack or backpack belt as a means of keeping GM posted and providing reassurance that I'm ok until I return to an area with cell coverage.

-GD

P.S. There is also a tracking feature (extra $50/year subscription) that links to Google Maps and sends position/track updates every 10 minutes. I did not elect to enable this feature.

We are tracking our daughter's boyfriend as we speak. He and about 17 other dirt bike racers/riders left on Friday for a run down to San Quetin Baja. We were able to see exactly where they were and at what time they were there. They ran a portion of the Baja 1000 course yesterday that was part of John's section for the race, that is very remote. We, also being somewhat familiar with it, could see right where they were, thanks to the tracker and the google maps that it posts locations on. They are heading for the border today along the coast, but haven't left yet. It is a very cool gizmo and seems to work well!

Splashette :)

Don't tell Mrs. FlagMan about this!! I'd be in BIG trouble!! And I mean MOST of the time!!

-GD

We are tracking our daughter's boyfriend as we speak. He and about 17 other dirt bike racers/riders left on Friday for a run down to San Quetin Baja. We were able to see exactly where they were and at what time they were there. They ran a portion of the Baja 1000 course yesterday that was part of John's section for the race, that is very remote. We, also being somewhat familiar with it, could see right where they were, thanks to the tracker and the google maps that it posts locations on. They are heading for the border today along the coast, but haven't left yet. It is a very cool gizmo and seems to work well!

Splashette :)

Edited by FlagMan

Ms. LLOT found this geocaching TOTT at the auto parts store the other day.

f09b2b57-a2f9-462e-a8ef-219fd2baede0.jpg

As you might expect, it's a flashlight...

fe418668-87ae-4f60-a073-83362994820e.jpg

But wait! There's more!

It's also telescoping magnetic grabber probe capable of picking up a 12 oz. can of soup!

1169d74a-1e52-4ff9-b4be-ce57f54400dc.jpg

And since it can be both a grabber and a flashlight at the same time, I sure wish I had this l'il beaut when I dropped one of Yeshua Mom's micros down into the sign post... :anitongue:

Ms. LLOT found this geocaching TOTT at the auto parts store the other day.

f09b2b57-a2f9-462e-a8ef-219fd2baede0.jpg

As you might expect, it's a flashlight...

fe418668-87ae-4f60-a073-83362994820e.jpg

But wait! There's more!

It's also telescoping magnetic grabber probe capable of picking up a 12 oz. can of soup!

1169d74a-1e52-4ff9-b4be-ce57f54400dc.jpg

And since it can be both a grabber and a flashlight at the same time, I sure wish I had this l'il beaut when I dropped one of Yeshua Mom's micros down into the sign post... :anitongue:

Been there and done that!

Luckily I did so in a remote location and was near a pond. Used pond

water to fill the pipe so that the container floated up where I could grab

the hangar wire. Jammed a small branch into the pipe so's to keep my

dumb trick from happening to other finders.

How did I transport the pond water you ask? O please, there's plastic

water-bottle empties covering the Earth nowadays.

Since then I usually jam a stick or rock just below pipe-hides as a pre-

ventive measure. Ain't that thoughtful of me?

Anxious to hear how well the flashlight-retriever thingy works out.

Seems like the magnet would mostly be attracted by the steel pole.

Field tests are in order so we await a full report.

By the way, what's your plan for when you drop the flashlight-retriever

thingy down into the pipe as well?

Edited by SD Rowdies
:rolleyes:Let's all give boysnbarrie a hug ...I think she's sad right now because HTG left for the service.

{ insert hug}

Hang in there Barrie. call us if you need anything..... :lol: r/ jnj

000202B5.gifDon't worry they'll only yell at him, make him march 5 miles a day with a 50 pound backpack, make him wash his own clothes, get up at 0400, give him 15 min to eat and a bunch of other nice stuff.

He can handle it so don't worry. 00020198.gif

:(Let's all give boysnbarrie a hug ...I think she's sad right now because HTG left for the service.

{ insert hug}

Hang in there Barrie. call us if you need anything..... ;) r/ jnj

Thank you SO much. Yeah, I've been a lil' blueBarrie lately :D ... but every day it gets a lil' better. HTG called, and he IS doing great. He even surprised me when he said, "I like my Drill Sergeants, Mom." I sure didn't expect to hear that!

Thank you for letting me know I can still call ya if I need anything - I would hate to lose one of my favorite lifelines, and fellow PUD cake bakers. Your kindness here brightened my day, and I really appreciate it greatly. BTW, do you happen to know if there is an IHO: PUD cake cache anywhere around here?

Heading to the store ...

boysnbarrie

I am willing to beta test the Oregon for you all and report back what I find. I will ask your assistance. Everyone reading this forum, please send me $20 in cash, money order, or personal check. Once I have the required funds, I will immediately purchase the GPS and begin my testing. In return for your help, I will post at least weekly updates on the good, the bad, and the ugly for the Oregon.

The advantages to each of you is obvious. You do not have to shell out the big bucks for something that may not be worth it. Let me do the testing for a lousy $20.

I know, I know. Please don't thank me. It is the least I can do for my friends.

Well, I guess no one took up Snake on his offer, so I'll give you the low down for the low, low, low price of FREE.

Ms. LLOT bought me an Oregon 400i for my birthday. After a week of playing with it (55 caches found...) I like it pretty well but it has some warts.

3b60253c-1bac-495c-83ca-9afc83f7b829.jpg02bad8c4-97bb-4af7-94ab-4a31af490129.jpg2cbff6d7-e195-4a12-b238-61e83406d44d.jpg

Good Points

• No Buttons -- Everything is on the touchscreen. Easy to scroll around just by dragging my finger across the screen.
  • Finds satellites fast -- could save all important seconds on that FTF attempt...
  • High Sensitivity Receiver (even works inside my house) Those with the 'x' (e.g. 60CSx) already are familiar with this but I'm upgrading from a 60CS.
  • Easy text entry
  • Full cache descriptions and logs
  • Ability to mark finds and DNFs. Also to take notes.
  • Easy to create and edit waypoints.
  • Geocaches shown with correct icon for cache type.
  • Easy to see what caches are nearby.
  • Easy to select next cache from the map screen.
  • Easy to grab screen shot (all those above are from my unit.)
  • Profiles: Fast reconfiguration for different uses (e.g. Driving, Geocaching)
  • Cache counter on the dashboard page

Not So Good Points

• No waypoint averaging. (Having taken WPs with 100 samples on my 60CS and still had them be off by 20', though, I kind of think that averaging may be overrated as a way to guarantee cache placement accuracy. Even so, this should still be there...)
  • No quick way to flip from "North Up" to "Track Up" on the map page. (Have to leave Map and go to Setup.)
  • The instructions do not explain how to load GPX files from GSAK. (It's easy, but I had to figure it out on my own...)
  • It's easy to save notes when you log a cache, but there is no way to display the notes that you've just entered. (This is really annoying if you need the notes while still in the field.) Dumb!
  • Can't edit a cache location. (Caches are handled as caches and not as waypoints.) For multi-caches, you need to create new waypoints as you go, rather than updating the cache location.
  • No way to change the vertical scale on the altimeter page.

All of these could be fixed with new software. The question is "Will they?"

Final Verdict: I like it well enough to make it my caching tool of choice, despite the negatives...

Thanks James. Your negatives don't sound too bad to me. How is the screen contrast and brightness? I thought the Colorado was on the dim side when I tried it.

Not So Good Points
  • No waypoint averaging. (Having taken WPs with 100 samples on my 60CS and still had them be off by 20', though, I kind of think that averaging may be overrated as a way to guarantee cache placement accuracy. Even so, this should still be there...)
I agree. I think you can get just as good a number by letting your GPS settle for 5 minutes.

• No quick way to flip from "North Up" to "Track Up" on the map page. (Have to leave Map and go to Setup.)
I use "Track Up" 99% of the time so this would be OK with me.

• The instructions do not explain how to load GPX files from GSAK. (It's easy, but I had to figure it out on my own...)
Issue resolved.

• It's easy to save notes when you log a cache, but there is no way to display the notes that you've just entered. (This is really annoying if you need the notes while still in the field.) Dumb!
Can you change the icon to unfound to fake it out? If so what happens if you re-find it? Does it lose what you wrote if you write something new?

• Can't edit a cache location. (Caches are handled as caches and not as waypoints.) For multi-caches, you need to create new waypoints as you go, rather than updating the cache location.
I use "Mark" to create new waypoints so this is OK to me.

• No way to change the vertical scale on the altimeter page.

I don't do this either mainly because I don't know how to. :anicute:
Thanks James. One last question, "How would you evaluate the readability of the screen?".

I've seen some complaints about this on the web but I haven't had any problem with it. Your mileage may vary.

Both the Oregon and Colorado use a TFT display so it'll probably the similar. It's not as bright as the 60 series. There is a "viewing angle" adjustment that can make a big difference but I have felt the need to mess with it.

Not So Good Points
I agree. I think you can get just as good a number by letting your GPS settle for 5 minutes.

I've good luck doing that. I've also found that it's a good idea to walk away 100 feet or so, come back, let it settle and take another reading.

Can you change the icon to unfound to fake it out? If so what happens if you re-find it? Does it lose what you wrote if you write something new?

You can still see found caches. (And you can "unfind" them if you made a mistake or whatever). But no matter what, you can't see the notes that you have entered.

If you enter a new note, it is saved too. So when you get back home, you have both.

I have hopes that they will fix this. But we'll see.

I got a Oregon 300 yesterday and setup the menus and did some comparisons yesterday afternoon. Firing up the 60, the CO and the OR and checking the locations given, it seems that the 60 and the OR were almost the same, ususally with a bit of difference in latitude and dead on the same for longitude. The CO was always a bit farther off on both.

I tried it out today with half a dozen caches. I did not take an other GPS with me and depended solely on the OR. I had no troubles with it, either seeing the screen (the tilt described by LLOT helps) or finding GZ. Switching between on-road and off-road navigation via profiles was quick and easy. Looking at descriptions and hints or changing between map and compass pages, or logging a cache as found is a piece of cake. I believe it may replace the 60CSx as my favorite GPS. I am very impressed and will likely sell my CO.

I should mention that I installed the entire US City Nav maps, and TOPO for Southern Cal and AZ. I set it up to default to City Nav for on-road navagating and Topo for off-road. Both work like a charm.

Hey Scripps Ranchers (and others) --

If you have (or haven't) heard of "Geodashing," another GPS game, be advised that there is an easily accessible "dashpoint" in Scripps Ranch in this month's game.

It's at N 32° 54.576 W 117° 04.674, which appears to be in the end circle of a cul-de-sac off Av. Magnifica not far from the beginning point of the Jerebek Loop multi-cache.

I don't often do Geodashing unless the point is really close to me, but I'd go log this one myself right now, except that I happen to be much closer to GC17BXG than to Max's Favorite Park at the moment. Oh well.

Wouldn't it be |<3W|_ to organize a flash-mob event cache at this spot for late August and photograph it for the Geodashing site? I'd do that but I dunno if I'll be back in town before the end of the month. (But if it does happen, the younger half of our team would come....) The neighbors on that street might find it rather, uh, noteworthy too. Y'all explain it to them, OK? :wub:

I got a Oregon 300 yesterday and setup the menus and did some comparisons yesterday afternoon. Firing up the 60, the CO and the OR and checking the locations given, it seems that the 60 and the OR were almost the same, ususally with a bit of difference in latitude and dead on the same for longitude. The CO was always a bit farther off on both.

I tried it out today with half a dozen caches. I did not take an other GPS with me and depended solely on the OR. I had no troubles with it, either seeing the screen (the tilt described by LLOT helps) or finding GZ. Switching between on-road and off-road navigation via profiles was quick and easy. Looking at descriptions and hints or changing between map and compass pages, or logging a cache as found is a piece of cake. I believe it may replace the 60CSx as my favorite GPS. I am very impressed and will likely sell my CO.

I should mention that I installed the entire US City Nav maps, and TOPO for Southern Cal and AZ. I set it up to default to City Nav for on-road navagating and Topo for off-road. Both work like a charm.

Version 2.3 of the software is out. Among the things fixed are:

• Added the ability to control the scale of the x and y axes of elevation plot . Tap the x-axis legend to zoom the x-axis. Tap the y-axis legend to zoom the y-axis
  • Added option to save a geocaches as a waypoint
  • Improved GPS performance

Version 2.3 of the software is out. Among the things fixed are:

• Added the ability to control the scale of the x and y axes of elevation plot . Tap the x-axis legend to zoom the x-axis. Tap the y-axis legend to zoom the y-axis
  • Added option to save a geocaches as a waypoint
  • Improved GPS performance

The Colorado has manyu updates recently also. This has greatly improved the GZ functionality. I still prefer the 60csx though.

Paul

I've been busted

Just got this in my E-mail.

Skillet,

The Ocotillo Wells SVRA adopted guidelines for GeoCaching at the beginning of the year. Ocotillo Wells SVRA is an advocate of responsible outdoor recreation and has set the standard for California State Parks by embracing the activities of GeoCaching, Leter Boxing, and similar. As part of the guidelines that were adopted, a maximum size of Cache containers was decided to be 8" x 12" x 4". Recently, staff checked on one of your placements east of Pole Line Road called 'The Big One' and found that the container was in excess of the maximum size allowed. If you could please replace the container within a reasonable amount of time. Thank you again for your cooperation and please remember that Ocotillo Wells SVRA is an advocate of GeoCaching. I would be happy to forward you a copy of the guidlines that OWSVRA has adopted.

Andrew S. Ahlberg

California State Ranger

Ocotillo Wells SVRA

It's nice they have guide lines and I'll have him forward them to me.

now why can't ABDSP be this nice.

Edited by SKILLET
I've been busted

Skillet,

The Ocotillo Wells SVRA adopted guidelines for GeoCaching at the beginning of the year. Ocotillo Wells SVRA is an advocate of responsible outdoor recreation and has set the standard for California State Parks by embracing the activities of GeoCaching, Leter Boxing, and similar. As part of the guidelines that were adopted, a maximum size of Cache containers was decided to be 8" x 12" x 4". Recently, staff checked on one of your placements east of Pole Line Road called 'The Big One' and found that the container was in excess of the maximum size allowed. If you could please replace the container within a reasonable amount of time. Thank you again for your cooperation and please remember that Ocotillo Wells SVRA is an advocate of GeoCaching. I would be happy to forward you a copy of the guidlines that OWSVRA has adopted.

Andrew S. Ahlberg

California State Ranger

Ocotillo Wells SVRA

I feel all warm and squishy. I think I'll even go to the campout now.

I've been busted

Skillet,

Andrew S. Ahlberg

California State Ranger

Ocotillo Wells SVRA

I feel all warm and squishy. I think I'll even go to the campout now.

I invited him to come over to the Campout and meet every one.

I wonder if this is Bone Ranger, he stopped by once with his Ranger dog.

000201DD.gif

I've been busted

Skillet,

Andrew S. Ahlberg

California State Ranger

Ocotillo Wells SVRA

That's great to hear Skillet. Have you considered moving our two mile stretch of CITO highway from ABDSP to Ocotillo Wells?
I've been busted

Skillet,

Andrew S. Ahlberg

California State Ranger

Ocotillo Wells SVRA

:laughing: 8x12x4? Is that smaller than an ammo can? I don't have one to measure....I have a cracked plastic out there I need to replace..

I've been busted

Skillet,

Andrew S. Ahlberg

California State Ranger

Ocotillo Wells SVRA

:laughing: 8x12x4? Is that smaller than an ammo can? I don't have one to measure....I have a cracked plastic out there I need to replace..

It's a the size of a small ammo can.